Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What about my freedom

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jkeyreed

I’m just curious, I’ve had Christian faith for more than 15 years and I feel more trapped and Bound than I ever have. I have nothing that the blood of Jesus did for us. I am everything but free. I’ve prayed about it for years. I have bad spiritual attacks so bad that I can hardly function. I hear voices of the enemy very loudly. It’s so bad that I have to sleep sitting up . Ive been so down and out for such a long time now that I feel dead and miserable. Is God leaving me or what has happened to me?

I’m just curious, I’ve had Christian faith for more than 15 years and I feel more trapped and Bound than I ever have. I have nothing that the blood of Jesus did for us. I am everything but free. I’ve prayed about it for years. I have bad spiritual attacks so bad that I can hardly function. I hear voices of the enemy very loudly. It’s so bad that I have to sleep sitting up . Ive been so down and out for such a long time now that I feel dead and miserable. Is God leaving me or what has happened to me?
That has not been my experience. If you believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead and are stating openly Jesus is Lord than open the door of fellowship.
Do you have the Spirit of Christ in you? Did you receive the Spirit when you believed and were baptized? If not invite Him in. Ask for that promised gift.
The only thing that I see is "that I don't know you" so my advice is limited. But Jesus knows even your innermost thoughts and your heart. Nothing is hidden from Him. Do you desire Him? He desires you.

He will never drive you away. He won't leave you. God is not a man, and His faithfulness endures forever. He loves with an everlasting love. He first loved us while we were still in our sins.
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Actually, I do have additional advice. What you can't pray away by yourself can be prayed away by the church. Go to your church if you have one you attend or visit one and speak to the pastor and ask him to lead a prayer of the congregation to pray for you. That may feel uncomfortable to do so but I believe in the strength of group prayer of the church.

Hi Jkeyreed

Many of us have had our weak moments of doubt, discouragement and just feeling like God is no longer there feeling like the world is crashing down on us feeling hopeless. Most of the time it is the circumstances of those unhealthy emotions and thoughts that clog our mind and just drives one crazy. You have been given some pretty good advice and I just want to add that you need a refreshing of the Holy Spirit.

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God
Be still long enough in prayer and allow the Holy Spirit fill you.

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Liberty in Christ will break the chains of bondage you are under.

I don't know how much you are into Christian music as certain songs really speak to me, but this song helped me to let go and let God work in me by the out pouring of His Spirit. I just ask that you find a place where you will not be disturb and pour your whole heart out to the Lord and be still long enough no matter how long it takes to hear the Holy Spirit speak to your heart.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I probably developed schizophrenia after coming to my senses and repenting. I say probably because the timing is blurry at best. Point is…

Schizophrenia and severe depression…which can involve psychosis…happen. Misery happens. Bullying and even oppression happen.
These things happen to lots of people every day. Many of them are Christians. I don’t think Jesus Christ promises us an easy go in this world 🗺️

In fact He cautions us to count the cost of following Him.

@Jkeyreed

How do you know that you are truly born-again?
God gives you a second nature that you never had before, one to get rid of sin. I can see how it can be overwhelming. We are saved, being saved and will be saved. We can't earn salvation, but we have to work it out. Maybe you are trying to be perfect. Let go. Jesus says to lay burdens down and when we do not to pick it back up. Sometimes things when pressured can turn into something beautiful. God wants what is best for us. He says to come to him on confidence. We are all gods children. We are given that opportunity, but we can also reject it. Your a child of God and not an orphan. When we sin take it to God, apologize. Sometimes that is enough Sometimes we just have to cry it out, go to the lord in prayer and grieve, purge whatever it looks like. He doesn't want you to hide from him but come to him. Noone can truly hide from God. Yes your "sky daddy" as others would jokingly and cowardly people call him. Eventually judgement day will come for evil in this world. Seek God and acknowledge him in your life. Sometimes are biggest blessings are right in front of us.

I’m just curious, I’ve had Christian faith for more than 15 years and I feel more trapped and Bound than I ever have.

Oh? Bound and trapped by what, exactly?

It's...interesting how you've described your state as a Christian: "I've had Christian faith..." Do you have Christ? That is, do you have the life of Christ in you in the Person of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9-14; John 14:26; John 16:8-14; 1 John 4:13; Titus 3:5, etc.)? I'm not asking about being "slain in the Spirit," but about the things the Bible says the Holy Spirit does in, and to, every child of God. Do you know what the life of the Spirit looks like according to the Bible?

I have nothing that the blood of Jesus did for us. I am everything but free. I’ve prayed about it for years.

What do you think the blood of Jesus ought to be giving to you, exactly?

What have you prayed in regards to being free? Are you praying in alignment with God's word?

I have bad spiritual attacks so bad that I can hardly function. I hear voices of the enemy very loudly. It’s so bad that I have to sleep sitting up .

So, what's God's remedy, spelled out in His word, the Bible, for such a condition? Have you taken the time to carefully study out what His remedy is? If not, why not?

Ive been so down and out for such a long time now that I feel dead and miserable. Is God leaving me or what has happened to me?

God never leaves nor forsakes His own (Hebrews 13:5); but they often wander far from Him.

You are experiencing what often happens to a born-again person who is not properly discipled into the faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think 💭 that sometimes people turn to the forms of Christianity the religion that they are familiar with rather than to Jesus Christ. I’m 110 percent guilty of this btw.

One sees a lot of this with groups of self identified ex Christians. What they seem to have rejected is a particular subculture not Jesus Christ per se.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ my advice would be to pray 🙏 and keep praying 🤲 and read Jesus Christs words in scripture. Don’t get me wrong all scripture is important but I sometimes try to zero in on Christs words.

Back