Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study what are you looking at?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
3So in the course of time, Cain brought some of the fruit of the soil as an offering to the LORD, 4while Abel brought the best portions of the firstborn of his flock. And the LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering, Ge. 4
Hello Sister, I hope you are well today!

The Jews believe the first book of the Bible is the Book of Names aka Shemot (Exodus). As a result, the story of Bereishit ( Genesis) is told through that lense and language.

To understand Cain and Able, we have to look at the differences in lifestyle which fosters the world view between the two. Able is a shepherd who tends to all the needs of his flock. He sleeps gazing into the stars and going wherever the flocks can be sustained for food and water. He understands that God provides these things, and understands that the land is God's. He claims no ownership of it as he goes throughout the land seeking fodder for his flock. It is intrinsic to his understanding that it is God's land and God who provides.

Cain is a farmer. Because Cain works the same land each day, he is able to build a house, unlike Able. And also, unlike Able, Cain is able to provide for himself from the sweat of his brow. He plants corn, he harvests corn, etc. Cain doesn't wander the land. He is stationary, much like you and i he puts in a hard day's work which allows him many comforts, such as a bed, furniture and stored goods for times of hardship.

When we invest ourselves into something, we can easily forget that it's all Gods and start claiming His blessings as our own work. The land Cain is working suddenly becomes Cains land, Cains home, Cains food, etc.. Meanwhile, Able sees all land as God's land much like Abraham when he told Lot to choose.

So what happens when Able wanders onto Cains land? Who's land is it?

This is the entry point to understanding Cain and Able in my opinion.

Why is Cains offering rejected? Is it because the vegetation is less valuable than an animal? Certainly not because without vegetation, the animals would starve. The lamb of Able is no less valuable than the offering of Cain. However, and to your point, the Israelites, having just been redeemed by the blood of the lamb over their doorposts from the Angel of death, they would have associated the two. As you already know, the Temple and its offerings we're a copy of heavenly things pointing to heavenly things.

So why was Cains offering not accepted? Does God require sacrifice? Or is God looking for something else? Something with a deeper meaning?

Herein lay why Cains offering was rejected. He did not bring his first fruits nor did he bring the best of his crops ( according to the Sages per Ramban). You see, he did not give in faith, but rather obligation much like a tax which is despised.

So why does Cain despise the glory given to his brother Able by God?

The blood of Able by his very own brother Cain was the first innocent blood spilled which cries out for justice, and God always hears that cry, just like the cries of God's children when Pharoh was murdering their children and oppressing them because he feared their greatness.

The blood of Jesus was also by the hands of his brothers, and there is much more we can say.

In addendum to StoveBolts post...
At the time of Cain and Abel no one ate meat yet. It wasn't until after the flood that people are meat.
So the sheep must have been kept for their wool to make clothes.

Abel, by his sacrifice, was telling God that he couldn't clothe himself as well as God could.

Where Cain had the premier job of farming. He was the "important" child doing exactly what God said to do...he couldn't be bothered with that unimportant job of shepherding. Abel wasn't doing exactly what God said...but his job was important too... according to Cain.

If Cain had brought all his produce instead of just some....yeah, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Wouldn't have to work this hard...all kinds of benefits.
But it sets up the concepts of discredited prophets, killing prophets, and the Earth (mother nature) being hostile towards man.

Cain's punishment....
It's not obvious in English whatsoever, but definitely alluded to in Hebrew that Cain was building Levitical cities of refuge for one accused of murder.

Abel, by his sacrifice, was telling God that he couldn't clothe himself as well as God could.

Cain's punishment....
It's not obvious in English whatsoever, but definitely alluded to in Hebrew that Cain was building Levitical cities of refuge for one accused of murder.

I've never heard this before. Do you have any references for this?

Would not making coats of skin for Adam and Eve not be the first blood sacrifice being prophetic of the blood of Christ?

Would not making coats of skin for Adam and Eve not be the first blood sacrifice being prophetic of the blood of Christ?
I'll let John speak for himself for what i did not quote,, but there is much i could say on the matter and perhaps later...once i get the siding on my house back on lol!

As far as the first death of an innocent, righteous soul, it is realized in Ables blood as it cries out from the ground. Imagine you were Ables Mother, knowing you son just murdered your son. It's the first human death recorded in history.

What then, do you think Ables offering which caused his brother Cain to despise him truly represent? And how does that relate to God clothing Adam and Eve?

8And all who dwell on the earth will worship the beast— all whose names have not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. 9He who has an ear, let him hear:…Re. 13 The first question we need to answer is when would you expect God to make the Good News that had already been decided upon before the foundations of creation were in place. All that needed to happen was for the Lord's flock to fall for the plan of redemption already decided upon to be made known. But the first skeleton revelation is given in the account of creation.

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
In this account which I will touch on briefly we see that God created creature and something happened to cause the creature to fall but not revealed. That revelation is given in Genesis 3 the account of the fall. . But the creature was now fallen and had to be made known and the Lord brought forth light and the creature was seen in the fallen condition he had now become. It was not until sin was revealed in Adam and Eve that they realized that their nakedness, uncovered sin, had to be covered. But there had been to this point no revelation of the sacrificial Lamb of God that did not come until Genesis 3 when the Innocent was slain for the guilty. This ever progressing revelation of the Lamb of God is The Theme of Scripture every other doctrine we have is a distant second to the revelation of the Lamb and His work on fallen men's behalf.

The only reason why God did not accept Cain's offering is because Cain rejected the Passover Lamb of God and brought the offering seeking peace with God but where there is no blood shed there is no peace and no forgiveness of sin. The Way of Cain has always been the rejection of the Lamb of God. His spiritual descendants both Jews and Gentiles to this day still reject the Lamb of God. All but a faithful remnant in each Generation in both Jews and Gentiles is still rejecting the Lamb of God Jesus Christ and trying to force their acceptance on their own merits.

There actually is no mention of blood or of sacrifice in Genesis 4:4, only that Abel brought some of the firstborn and he brought some of the abundance as a tribute to Adonai. So I'm going to get started on that blog post now.

There actually is no mention of blood or of sacrifice in Genesis 4:4, only that Abel brought some of the firstborn and he brought some of the abundance as a tribute to Adonai. So I'm going to get started on that blog post now.
Hi, first born of his flock the flocks have always been sheep or goats. This was and is one of the many o.t. Shadows of Christ. The Light of the World shown on the o.t. And cast all sorts of shadows of Himself for men to see.

The Hebrew word for atonement is literally "cover over"...same as in the word "clothing".

And the poetry of the passages points to this as well.

As far as the Hebrew wording for cities of refuge...one a slight Hebrew word change of one word is the difference between this and the Exodus 21:12-14 passage. (Hebrew...not English)

I'm not talking about Cain and Abel. I'm talking about God making coats out of animal skins. So, here is my question to you again. Would not making coats of skin from animals for Adam and Eve to cover their sin not be the first blood sacrifice being prophetic of the blood of Christ?

I have a difficult time with Cain building cities of refuge. Cain opposed the Lord every step. God curses the ground Cain brings the fruit from that curse. Does anyone actually believe that the events of the garden were not told and retold. Many years later this Telling would become known as The Haggadah. Then the night of the Passover Seder the Lord changed it from the Egyptian experience to doing it in remembrance of the Lord. Abel was not a lucky guess and neither was Cain unlucky guessing. Along with The Haggadah of what took place in the Garden Adam and Eve knew when, where and what was to be offered The first of the flock, in the fullness of time to the east side of Eden.
btw Abel’s offering was not just from the flock butit was offered in faith.

Have you been to a Passover Seder presentation? If you have or if you will go you will be stunned how every aspect points to Jesus Christ our Passover Lamb. The Passover was so important because of Who it taught and what He would do God ordered it to become the head of the Jewish year. I contend it was so important for fallen man to learn it was first laid out in seed form in the Garden of Eden.

8And all who dwell on the earth will worship the beast— all whose names have not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. 9He who has an ear, let him hear:…Re. 13 The first question we need to answer is when would you expect God to make the Good News that had already been decided upon before the foundations of creation were in place. All that needed to happen was for the Lord's flock to fall for the plan of redemption already decided upon to be made known. But the first skeleton revelation is given in the account of creation.

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
In this account which I will touch on briefly we see that God created creature and something happened to cause the creature to fall but not revealed. That revelation is given in Genesis 3 the account of the fall. . But the creature was now fallen and had to be made known and the Lord brought forth light and the creature was seen in the fallen condition he had now become. It was not until sin was revealed in Adam and Eve that they realized that their nakedness, uncovered sin, had to be covered. But there had been to this point no revelation of the sacrificial Lamb of God that did not come until Genesis 3 when the Innocent was slain for the guilty. This ever progressing revelation of the Lamb of God is The Theme of Scripture every other doctrine we have is a distant second to the revelation of the Lamb and His work on fallen men's behalf.

The only reason why God did not accept Cain's offering is because Cain rejected the Passover Lamb of God and brought the offering seeking peace with God but where there is no blood shed there is no peace and no forgiveness of sin. The Way of Cain has always been the rejection of the Lamb of God. His spiritual descendants both Jews and Gentiles to this day still reject the Lamb of God. All but a faithful remnant in each Generation in both Jews and Gentiles is still rejecting the Lamb of God Jesus Christ and trying to force their acceptance on their own merits.

As I read Genesis 4 Abel was in charge of the sheep and Cain was in charge of tilling the land as they both dwelled in the house of their father and mother not being married yet. In the process of time offerings unto God were to be made. Abel gave his best offering from his heart, but Cain whose heart was probably not right with God did not give his best. God honored Abel's offering, but rejected Cain's.

God respected Abel's offering, but rejected Cain's as he did not give the choice of his harvest. Cain became bitter against Abel and ended up killing him in a moment of rage. Upon killing Abel God cursed Cain from the earth as he would no longer be able to till the ground no more and sent him away as now being a fugitive and a vagabond.

I'm not sure how you see this as Cain rejecting the Passover Lamb of God or the shedding of blood for the atonement of sin as he gave of his crops. I do read that God made coats of animal skins to cover Adam and Eve sin and the animals would have had to be killed in order to obtain their skin with the fur on it as IMO would be the first blood sacrifice. How would Cain's offering be a blood sacrifice correlating it to the Passover lamb of God? Could you give me your source for this.

Would not making coats of skin from animals for Adam and Eve to cover their sin not be the first blood sacrifice being prophetic of the blood of Christ?
Well, yes it would, if that was written in the text .. but the text doesn't say that the garments of skin were made from animals, and it doesn't say that they were clothes for covering sin.

Cities of refuge given by God is found in Numbers 35:11-28 as places for foreigners living in Israel as well for the Israelis so that anyone who accidentally killed another man could run to that place for a trial and not be killed in revenge. Our refuge is also in Christ against our enemies in righteous protection of being innocent.

Kadesh or Qadesh in classical Hebrew is a triconsonantal Semitic root meaning sacred, holy. it's derived from a concept central to ancient Semitic religion. From a basic verbal meaning to consecrate, to purify. It's a Hebrew word for Sacred as in the rituals and traditions of ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities, Leviticus 19:1, 2.

Shechem is a city in Samaria, Genesis 33:18, also called Sichem, Genesis 12:6, and Sychem, Acts 7:16. This is where Abraham pitched his tent and built his first altar in the promised land and received the first divine promises of God, Genesis 12:6, 7. It was a place of God given strength.

Kirjath- arba is the original name of Hebron. It was a place of fellowship and communion with God, Joshua 14:14, 15.

Bezer a city in the plain country of Reuben beyond Jordan. A city of refuge as a fortress and defense making it a stronghold against the enemy, Joshua 20:7-9.

Ramoth meaning "Heights of Gilead" was an exalted Levitical city of refuge east of the Jordan River. It was strongly fortified from the many sieges Joshua 20:8; 21:38.

Golan another city of refuge was the focus of a power struggle between the king of Israel and the Aramaeans during the Persian Empire in Israel as they were exult meaning they were triumphant over their enemies, 1 Chronicles 6:71

As I read Genesis 4 Abel was in charge of the sheep and Cain was in charge of tilling the land as they both dwelled in the house of their father and mother not being married yet. In the process of time offerings unto God were to be made. Abel gave his best offering from his heart, but Cain whose heart was probably not right with God did not give his best. God honored Abel's offering, but rejected Cain's.

God respected Abel's offering, but rejected Cain's as he did not give the choice of his harvest. Cain became bitter against Abel and ended up killing him in a moment of rage. Upon killing Abel God cursed Cain from the earth as he would no longer be able to till the ground no more and sent him away as now being a fugitive and a vagabond.

I'm not sure how you see this as Cain rejecting the Passover Lamb of God or the shedding of blood for the atonement of sin as he gave of his crops. I do read that God made coats of animal skins to cover Adam and Eve sin and the animals would have had to be killed in order to obtain their skin with the fur on it as IMO would be the first blood sacrifice. How would Cain's offering be a blood sacrifice correlating it to the Passover lamb of God? Could you give me your source for this.
Where does it say Cain had not offered prime crops. He now had to work on what was now cursed ground to get. Ground that made it very hard unlike it had been in the garden. This would explain what his three sons began after the city was built. Metal implements to overcome a cursed world. Useful both for peace and killing 70 times 7. Then there was the beginning of ranching another slap at God’s punishment. Make it hard to farm I raise animals for food. Lastly boys that work hard party hard and entertainment begins. All in the continued rebellion that began when Cain decided to offer a bloodless sacrifice.

The Light of the World stood in the Garden and that lLight shown on things throughout the O.T. Revealing the Lord as the Lamb and especially as the Passover Lamb. Isaiah 53 makes it clear. The angel hung on the cross when the snakes attacked another shadow from the Light. The life of DAVID has so many shadows of Christ as to be amazing

thats the problem it was not a blood sacrifice and Abel offered the fat from his and I can only assume he killed to get it.this is the longest of the shadows it shown on those blood covered skins and showed us being covered by His righteousness. It shown on the acceptable Sacrifice the Lamb shown all the way to John the Baptizer. The entire message of the Good News of Jesus Christ is all before us before it even fades into the first few pages of Genesis.

Last edited:
Well I tried to write the blog article and I didn't get into discussing the Hebrew before I came to the end of the flow, so I'll just put something together here, for the sake of the discussion.

When you look at the Hebrew language of Genesis 4:4, it has a lot less words than the English translation does - and that is because we add grammar, whereas in the Hebrew it is all about drawing a picture in the mind to get the point across - so unlike English where we shape grammar for the purpose of tone in delivery, grammar is more direct and only for the actual function of the speech.

Grammar is only added in Hebrew for the purpose of tying words together. So if you look at the words by themselves to begin with, you see only this:

Abel brought also own firstborn flock fat. Admired Jehovah upon Abel.

Now, there is grammar in the text that helps us to understand the relationship of those words:

And Abel brought also own from the firstborn of the flocks and from the fat. And admired Jehovah upon Abel.

Now one more step fixes grammar for us in English:

And Abel also brought from the firstborn of his own flocks and from the fat. And Jehovah admired Abel.

.. how does this compare to the popular translations?

And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: (KJV)

Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and for his offering; (NASB)

Abel also brought some choice parts of the firstborn animals from his flock. The LORD approved of Abel and his offering, (God's Word)

and Abel, he hath brought, he also, from the female firstlings of his flock, even from their fat ones; and Jehovah looketh unto Abel and unto his present, (YLT)

.. alright? So it doesn't look much different to begin with, but we can see that there is quite some variation in the expression "Jehovah admired/looketh unto/approved of/had respect unto/had regard for - so it goes to show that it isn't so easy to translate from Hebrew into English, because every word in the Hebrew contains so much meaning that it literally stretches out to encompass the meaning of a number of words from the English.

So if we go another step and look at the various words that can be used to translate the word, this is what we get:
  • And
  • Abel
  • brought/carried/came with/entered
  • also/even/indeed/yea/moreover/
  • his
  • the
  • birthright/firstborn/firstfruits
  • flock/sheep & goats/small cattle
  • and
  • fat/choice parts
  • and
  • looked at/regarded/gazed/respected
  • Jehovah
  • upon
  • Abel
.. and notice that I used the word "admire" because the Strong's says "to gaze" is it's first definition, and the word "admire" is a summary of one who is gazing with respect/regard/favour.

Now there is just one word I want to focus on here, it is the "fat", and the reason is that this word "fat" is quite a broad word in the Hebrew, whereas in the English, we tend to use it rather more narrowly (though, not necessarily).

Take a look at the Strong's definition for this word "Cheleb". It is formed of the root letters Chet, Lamed and Beyt. The presentation of the word varies through the scriptures according to it's grammatical function, but there is a very close relationship with the word "Chalab", that is said to be "milk", and the difference between these two words is the vowels between the letters (in Hebrew, every letter is a consonant). This is where it gets interesting.

The vowel pointing system wasn't developed until around 600 years after Christ, and it was developed by Jewish scribes who were trying to preserve the knowledge of the nuances of the language (as this example). So consider for a moment, that if anyone in the year 500 was reading Genesis 4:4, and it had no vowel pointings, how would they know whether it is chebed or chabad? The only way is through oral tradition, and even that has it's problems. It only takes one person with the wrong idea to start a whole movement, doesn't it?

So at that point I looked at the Septuagint. Now the story of the Septuagint is that the Hebrew scriptures of the Old Testament were translated into Greek language around 200 years BC. So that gives us an opportunity to look into what they were reading in those days where it has been preserved through the Greek language - and that actually brings quite a big difference altogether:

And when in process of time Cain brought of the fruits of the earth a sacrifice to the Lord, 4 and Abel also brought, he indeed of the firstlings of his flock even some of the fattest of them, God looked upon Abel and on his gifts; (Genesis 4:3-4, Thompson from the Septuagint).

And it was so after some time that Cain brought of the fruits of the earth a sacrifice to the Lord. 4 And Abel also brought of the first born of his sheep and of his fatlings, and God looked upon Abel and his gifts, (Genesis 4:3-4, Brenton from the Septuagint, also Genesis 4:3-4, LXX from the Septuagint).

Look at how much different this is! .. can you see a problem here?

In all of the official English translations, that are drawn from the Hebrew scriptures that have had vowel pointings added by Jewish clerics some 600 years AD, they are saying that Abel brought fat that belonged to the flocks, whereas the Septuagint that was translated by scribes before Christ are all saying that Abel brought fatlings in addition to the firstborns.

So now that I have this cause to suspect that maybe the Hebrew is being misread on account of the vowels being invalid, I have to look closer at the Hebrew to see if it is supported to read it that way. Look what I have found:

Psalms 17:10 contains the exact same vowel pointings for the root word as Genesis 4:4 does: Tzeire on the Chet and Sh'va on the Lamed. The vowel on the Beyt is of no consequence for this matter because the syllable ends there.

So the expression in Psalms 17:10 lines up pretty well exactly with what the Septuagint says in Genesis 4:4

"Their fat hearts they have closed up with their mouths they speak proudly". (INT)

They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly. (KJV)

They have closed their unfeeling heart, With their mouth they speak proudly. (NASB)

Their gross heart they have shut tight, With their mouth they speak proudly. (JPS Tanakh 1917)

Their fat they have closed up, Their mouths have spoken with pride: (YLT)

See this theme "their heart is fat", it shows that their heart has grown excess, and the JPS uses the word "gross".

What I find therefore, is that the meaning of the word in Psalms 17:10, being the same word in Genesis 4:4, better supports the view that the Septuagint has. So if I was to adjust my own translation one more time it would look like this:

And Abel also brought from the firstborn of his own flocks and from the fattest. And Jehovah admired Abel.

Now, considering that it doesn't say that Abel slaughtered them, it only says that he brought them as a gift to Adonai, I wonder if you have the same picture in mind of what it means that Adonai looked favourably upon Abel, and why. I see the same God who was with Adam in the garden while He was bringing all the beasts for him to name, to see if they would be a suitable helper.

God really is beautiful. He is holy.

Last edited:
Hi, first born of his flock the flocks have always been sheep or goats. This was and is one of the many o.t. Shadows of Christ. The Light of the World shown on the o.t. And cast all sorts of shadows of Himself for men to see.
Yeah, that whole foreshadowing idea isn't really my cup of tea. Fact is stated clearly in Matthew 21:34-37 and Hebrews 10:2-4, it just didn't work out as well as it might have. But is that a good reason to taint the character of God in retrospect only to justify all the innocent blood that was wasted?

It was an interesting read and I thank you for your time and effort. I am not sure which innocent blood taints Him? The reason the Lord required the sacrifices was two fold at least pointing to the coming Lamb. But the other was immensely important it was to remind the people of their sin as stated in your Hebrews quote. We have lost how sinful we are. Sin is not just what we do it is what we are in the flesh. I understand what you wrote but there are simply too many shadows from the Light One day when all is known we will have a good chuckle and I look forward to it. Thanks again. Looking to discussing more stuff.

am not sure which innocent blood taints Him?

It is the hypocrisy introduced by saying in one breath that God is good, then with the same tongue saying He would condemn the innocent to aquit the guilty. And we are talking about thousands upon thousands of lives - oceans of blood you can't even count. It's the whole reason churches are dying. Non believers can see that it doesn't add up and they want no part of it. The believers can't see it as you have said so yourself, "the light is eclipsed by shadows", because they've been so tightly bound to that mindset.

Anyhow, as long as you have seen what I showed you then I can leave it for you to work out with God.

Sin is not just what we do it is what we are in the flesh.

It is what the flesh tempts us to become. But it is true that we can be manifesting the spirit of love, in which there is no sin :)

And Abel also brought from the firstborn of his own flocks and from the fattest. And Jehovah admired Abel
Good morning!
As a note, Strongs isn't the best place to always look. It's more of a list of words that the Hebrew was translated in the Bible than anything else.
Ancient Hebrew is tough, really tough and to this day, there are words in Job that even the best cannot be 100% sure of.

I spend a fair amount of time on chabad.org and here is how they translate the verse which is word for word for part a of your translation. So that should not be in question, and your on solid ground.

4And Abel he too brought of the firstborn of his flocks and of their fattest, and the Lord turned to Abel and to his offering.

This is the best translation we can get. However, their concern isn't the word your looking at. Here is Rashi giving his take on another word ( turned)

turned: Heb. וַיִּשַׁע, and he turned. Likewise, (verse 5): “וְאֶל מִנְחָתוֹ לֹא שָׁעָה” means: [And to his offering] He did not turn. Similarly, (Exod. 5:9): וְאַל יִשְׁעוּ means: and let them not turn. Similarly, (Job 14:6): שְׁעֵה מֵעָלָיו means: turn away from him.

וישע: ויפן, וכן (פסוק ה) לא שעה אל מנחתו, לא פנה, וכן (שמות ה ט) ואל ישעו, אל יפנו. וכן (איוב יד ו) שעה מעליו, פנה מעליו:
and…turned: Fire descended and consumed his offering. — [from Song Zuta 6:2, Sefer Hayashar]

וישע: ירדה אש וליחכה מנחתו:

My own personal opinion of the phrase is similar to this. May the Lord turn his face upon you. This wording speaks to the pictures in Hebrew thought.

Where does it say Cain had not offered prime crops. He now had to work on what was now cursed ground to get. Ground that made it very hard unlike it had been in the garden. This would explain what his three sons began after the city was built. Metal implements to overcome a cursed world. Useful both for peace and killing 70 times 7. Then there was the beginning of ranching another slap at God’s punishment. Make it hard to farm I raise animals for food. Lastly boys that work hard party hard and entertainment begins. All in the continued rebellion that began when Cain decided to offer a bloodless sacrifice.

The Light of the World stood in the Garden and that lLight shown on things throughout the O.T. Revealing the Lord as the Lamb and especially as the Passover Lamb. Isaiah 53 makes it clear. The angel hung on the cross when the snakes attacked another shadow from the Light. The life of DAVID has so many shadows of Christ as to be amazing

thats the problem it was not a blood sacrifice and Abel offered the fat from his and I can only assume he killed to get it.this is the longest of the shadows it shown on those blood covered skins and showed us being covered by His righteousness. It shown on the acceptable Sacrifice the Lamb shown all the way to John the Baptizer. The entire message of the Good News of Jesus Christ is all before us before it even fades into the first few pages of Genesis.

Genesis 4:1-24 Cain brought of the fruit, not the first of his fruit as an offering to God as Cain was not faithful to God in giving Him his best from a grateful heart, but from an evil heart, 1 John 3:12, even though he knew what was right to do, vs 7, he disobeyed God, Psalms 51:15-17; 1 Samuel 15:22, 23; that portion that belongs to the Lord. In a sense it's like tithing that we give the first portion. Cain did not do that and the ground was cursed that he no longer could farm it anymore no matter where he went.

Now we have to consider as whether these were to be sin offerings or in an offering of thanksgiving to the Lord. Both of these offerings are a type and shadow as Christ was the substance of the shadow, the reality of the type as one was faithful to God's instruction giving with a glad heart and was accepted of God and the other giving with evil in his heart and condemned for his actions. Blessings or cursings is that of God's judgement.

When we read further in Exodus 12 it was one lamb per household that would be sacrificed as it began with the blood of one lamb that covered Adam and Eve's sin, then a household, then a nation and finally through the Lamb of God for the whole world. OT types and shadows made reality in the NT through Christ.

Not sure what you mean by, The angel hung on the cross when the snakes attacked another shadow from the Light. Could you explain this?

Back