Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What are your favourite books of the Bible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nick

Hi all.

Thought I'd see what books are people's favorites. Firstly, I'm interested in seeing what people say, and secondly wondering which book to read next.

I like books of encouragement, so my two favorites are 1 Peter and Revelation.

I like Mark as well.

Ya know, many people miss the encouragement part of Revelation, good choice. :)

I find great wisdom and comfort in Proverbs ans Psalms. I also like Paul's letter to the various churches like Ephesians, Galatians, etc.

John's Gospel is up there too. :)

Actually the whole bible is ONE book, but for tops,
I like the writings of John, both the gospel and the epistles.
Revelation also has its particular mysteries too!

Top, because of the simple child-like trust and faith that John
was given in his relationship with Christ.

I really like Job and Ruth. Job, because of the way it portrays the sovereignty of God and His faithfulness, and Job 19 has a wonderful passage about the Redeemer. I like Ruth because it is a beautiful picture of our Kinsman Redeemer, and actually sets the stage for the Messiah as they were David's great grand parents...how cool is that?

Yeah, I'm an OT kinda girl :)

I like Proverbs because it has so much knowledge and wisdom I can learn from. Besides its not such a bad idea to learn from the wisest guy the world has ever seen

Old Testament: Psalms, Proverbs,& Daniel.

New: John, James,& Revelation.

John, Job, Romans, Acts, Proverbs, Psalms, Song of Salomon (the ladies love it ;) ), Revelation, and Daniel.

All the books have great messages but here are my favorites:

OT:

Pentateuch: Genesis (story of the patriarchs)
History: 1&2 Kings (the good, bad, and ugly of the kingdoms)
Poetry: Proverbs (great one line pieces of wisdom)
Major Prophets: Isaiah (one of the deepest thinking man's books of the OT)
Minor Prophets: Zechariah (great references to the coming messiah Jesus Christ)

NT:

History: John (It's uniqueness to the synoptic gospels and attention to Jesus as God)
Paul's Epistles: Romans (Theology 101)
General Epistles: James (great message to the disbursed tribes)
Prophetic: Revelation (It's the only prophecy book in the NT but one of the greatest NT books)

I personally like James and the two books written to me.;) Those would be 1st and 2nd Timothy, and they just always seem to catch me right in the heart.

MISFIT said:
Song of Salomon (the ladies love it ;) )

haha, does this mean you read the Song of Solomon just to get the ladies or for spiritual edification???

All of the books are my favorite :)

Seriously, I think it depends on what's on my mind. Sometimes I really love Genesis because there are parts that just seem to resonate with my soul. Then there are times when I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do, so Proverbs is the book of the month. Maybe I get passionate about history and how God uses people in history, because history has this way of repeating itself, so 1 and 2 Samuel comes up as well as Romans or 1 Corinthians. (I'm sure some are really scratching their heads on that one LOL) Maybe I just want to reminisce the story of Jesus, so John comes up, but depending on what I'm studying, perhaps Luke, Matthew or Mark simply because of who these two were writing to and their agenda.

I suppose the best thing I could say is that my favorite books are like music. I like a variety of different songs and musical styles. It all depends on my mood :yes

Maybe it would be easier to state which books I don't spend much time in. Revelation and the minor prophets, 1 and 2 Chronicles.

I guess the whole New Testament is my favorite. My love and passion when it comes to the Bible is to learn what address a certain scripture is at. I love knowing when someone says, like for example ( God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all) I love just knowing that it is in 1 John 1:5 without having to look it up. I think when we get to heaven we will automatically just know where everything is, we will have the entire Bible memorized, something I’m sure so many of us Christians down here on earth try to do but never are able to. I also don’t think we will have to ask any questions when we get to heaven either, we will just know. All things will be revealed that are hidden from our knowing now on earth. My favorite parts of the Bible, if I had to choose would be anywhere the words of our Lord is written.

:bump

I was the OP over a year ago, and then my favourite books were 1 Peter and Revelation.

I still love both, but I've found Proverbs to be really helpful and challenging in the past year or so, as well as Ecclesiastes.

Song of Salomon (the ladies love it )
haha, does this mean you read the Song of Solomon just to get the ladies or for spiritual edification???

hmmm :chin If I posted parts of the song of solomon on here my post would be deleted.

I like it too, but it's sacred. Even the erotocism is beautiful. The way it's supposed to be.

God is nice. I like all the bible but I particularly like the psalms. I think because they're largely anointed prayers and I like prayer. And I like David too.

hmmm :chin If I posted parts of the song of solomon on here my post would be deleted.

I like it too, but it's sacred. Even the erotocism is beautiful. The way it's supposed to be.

God is nice. I like all the bible but I particularly like the psalms. I think because they're largely anointed prayers and I like prayer. And I like David too.
Song of Songs is a beautiful book and quite hilarious. I know which parts you want to post :biggrin. If it's in context to the post, then it's fine posting it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back