Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What are your favourite books of the Bible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I find that of the four Gospels, I think that John's is the best for me to understand Doctrine by. And seeing that he lived right on up to at least AD 96 & penned 1st, 2nd & 3rd John + Rev., he could have came on back to straighten out any mistakes in Christ's Word if there had been any. (and there were not!)

Also I can relate to both James & John being called the ex/'sons of thundrer' by Christ before they were Born Again.

But 'i' do not play favorits, for I see all the 66 Books as the [WORD OF CHRIST]. Matt. 4:4

--Elijah

Like, Elijah, I love reading John, and also the epistles of John. I also like Phillipians, James, 1 and 2 Peter, Ephesians...UGH. John and his epistles. ;)

For all of you who love the Song of Solomon, here is an illustration the beautiful beloved!!!

View attachment 1553

No wonder Solomon was blown away! :lol

My favorite books: Genesis, Exodus, Johusa, Judges, Ruth, 1&2 Samuel, 1&2 Kings

and of course the Gospel of John, for that is what I read the night I became a Christian!!!

Song of Salomon (the ladies love it ;) )

I have to admit that I haven't been too successfull when it comes to romance. Maybe I can learn something from the Song of Solomon. Next time I meet a woman that I like I'll tell her...

• Her lips are like a ribbon
  • Her teeth are like a flock of goats
  • Her temples are like two halfs of a pomegranate
  • Her neck is like an ivory tower
  • Her nose is like the tower of Lebanon
  • Her head is like a mountain
  • Her hair is like a tapestry
  • Her stature is like a palm tree

Oooooo, a "favorite" book would be hard to pick!
They are all so great!

But I will have to say that I received my greatest blessing of insight (so far) by a detailed study of three books.

A detailed study of Job had some powerful insights.

A detailed study of the Tabernacle from Exodus was extremely fulfilling.

And a detailed study of the sacrifices in Leviticus had highly prophetic implications.

Those three studies (which almost seem boring on the surface) made a powerful impression on me.

Hi all.

Thought I'd see what books are people's favorites. Firstly, I'm interested in seeing what people say, and secondly wondering which book to read next.

I like books of encouragement, so my two favorites are 1 Peter and Revelation.

I like Mark as well.

Can we separate out scriptures like that? They were put together for a reason. By saying which part is your fave, isn't that treating it a bit like a novel? :confused:

I read the bible from cover to cover once, (bar parts of Revelation).

ALL of it is good, (and connected). At particular times I find myself drawn to one part more then another. In that context I will answer your question by saying it was Acts, Corinthians, Psalms, Proverbs, Revelation, but right now it's Psalms again, as I keep finding verses praising God and his about his promise to come ... :) ...

Can we separate out scriptures like that? They were put together for a reason. By saying which part is your fave, isn't that treating it a bit like a novel? :confused:

I read the bible from cover to cover once, (bar parts of Revelation).

ALL of it is good, (and connected). At particular times I find myself drawn to one part more then another. In that context I will answer your question by saying it was Acts, Corinthians, Psalms, Proverbs, Revelation, but right now it's Psalms again, as I keep finding verses praising God and his about his promise to come ... :) ...
Yes, we can absolutely separate scriptures like that. Yes, technically the Bible is one book, or rather a collection of smaller books. And it's all awesome. But I don't think there's any harm in sharing what books you find have particularly encouraged you, or challenged you or whatever. We all have our favourite books that perhaps have cut to our heart more than others for whatever reason.

we are all aware that the bible is one, but from some points of view we can say our favorite book, verse, or person. Psalms is something you can read everyday so yes.

Definitely John and Isaiah. John has just an awesome gospel and Isaiah, I'll admit I love for the sole reason of Isaiah 53.

Definitely John and Isaiah. John has just an awesome gospel and Isaiah, I'll admit I love for the sole reason of Isaiah 53.
Quite sutble there with the Jesus references :biggrin

We just finished a study on Isaiah in church...probably the most heavy-going series I've ever done. I need to go back through it again. And the week before the series they're like, "we're starting at Isaiah 42, so if you could I'd be great if you just skimmed through the first 41 chapters of Isaiah before next week". :lol

Quite sutble there with the Jesus references :biggrin

We just finished a study on Isaiah in church...probably the most heavy-going series I've ever done. I need to go back through it again. And the week before the series they're like, "we're starting at Isaiah 42, so if you could I'd be great if you just skimmed through the first 41 chapters of Isaiah before next week". :lol

Yeah.

Lol. Oh, come on, Nick. You should've been able to read the entire OT in that time period too! :lol

Yeah.

Lol. Oh, come on, Nick. You should've been able to read the entire OT in that time period too! :lol
I think it was Pard a little while back that posted a guide to read the entire Bible in 30 days. It was pretty ridiculous, like psalms in two days, and I think Isaiah was in three. :o
I prefer the Bible in a year - I think that's about 3 chapters a day. Much better :)

I think it was Pard a little while back that posted a guide to read the entire Bible in 30 days. It was pretty ridiculous, like psalms in two days, and I think Isaiah was in three. :o
I prefer the Bible in a year - I think that's about 3 chapters a day. Much better :)

Lol. Yeah. The NT is easy. It's interesting, touching, emotional, and about Jesus.
The OT is long and has so many rules and lineages. :crazy I mean, I've been reading the OT for almost three months now and am only on Leviticus. :bigfrown

Lol. Yeah. The NT is easy. It's interesting, touching, emotional, and about Jesus.
The OT is long and has so many rules and lineages. :crazy I mean, I've been reading the OT for almost three months now and am only on Leviticus. :bigfrown
I know what you mean. I'll have more time on my hands next year so I plan on doing the Bible through next year Hopefully it will be more sucessful than my last attempt

I know what you mean. I'll have more time on my hands next year so I plan on doing the Bible through next year Hopefully it will be more sucessful than my last attempt

Likewise. The only Bible reading I get to do is my free period, and even then it's only the NT and Psalms/Proverbs because it's a pocket Bible. Come spring though, I'll have more time. -fingers crossed-

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back