Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are Your Must-Have Apps on Your Phone?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Many of the apps on my devices are actually Systm apps that I did not instal.
This makes more sense. I thought you had come to download all of those apps from Google Play. I hope you know, while I was serious about the number of apps on your device, I was only having some tech fun with you. :)

I've found that the more apps I have, the more are likely to remain running in the background, bogging down my device. I have the S7 Edge. I'll never get another edge phone again, BTW. Samsung doesn't leverage its capabilities, and it only adds to unintentional touches.

Rooting is not easy at all with all of Samsung's security. Prior to this device, I always rooted and had much more control to remove bloatware which slows down a phone. I find the s7 to be quite laggy, even with a lot of empty space on the device and my SD card. Samsung and Sprint force a lot of stuff that is useless to me.

My S8 is a bit laggy, but not bad. I notice the more apps I install, the slower it gets, but I Optimize everyday. I do the Wipe Cache Partition at least once every week, sometimes more often ... Delete the Chrome Cache every day or two ... and use the Device Maintenance every day or two as well.

Now that I'm using Dex Station everyday, all day long, I notice that Dex Station is a huge RAM hog. At the beginning of the day, early morning, I can have many apps open in Dex Station, but around noon, I can only run three or four apps effeciently. By evening, only two apps. There is no Restart in Dex Station, so I have to disconnect my S8 Plus from Dex Station to Optimize, then reconnect to Dex Station.

I'm still satisfied with my S8 Plus. I might get the Note 8 ..... if it has enough improvements. But if the Note 8 is too much the same as the S8 Plus, I will wait until next year for the Note 9 ..... I really miss the S-Pen. But I do still have my Note 3 and Note 4, which work just fine, except the camera on my Note 4 is defective. Cannot take pictures outside, only inside. The camera will not stop focussing when outside. This is the 4th Note 4 I've had.

Instacast. I love podcasts. I listen to a lot while working on projects.
Pandora I love this one
Nightstand This is my alarm clock and I bought the paid version.
Tecarta This is my bible app and it's perfect for my needs. I've purchased several bibles and commentaries.
I've others but these I use regularly

So many people don't even know what these are, but there is a seemingly infinite amount of fantastic content out there that's free to listen to! Between Spotify and podcasts, I have no use for radio anymore.
I love Armstrong and Getty. Listening now. Also, there are many apologetic podcasts and I listen to those as well. Now that I'm retired I'll probably catch up (in a few years lol)

These days Netflix is the must-have app because all we do is stay at home so, in order to keep me sane I watch a lot of movies and series on Netflix. It helps me destress and that’s how time passes quickly. Other important apps are WhatsApp, Pinterest, and apps for online classes. If you are having problems with your internet speed, do visit this site ptcl speed test

Back