Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you suppose is the "mark of the beast"?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Is it something that has yet to come? And who gets anything put on their forehead? Might it be a bandana? Very strange. Here are a couple of verses from Revelations that discusses the "mark of the beast".

Revelation 13:16-17
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Revelation 14:9-10
Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Mark-Of-The-Beast

Winter Mraz says she loves having her keys in her hand but she does not mean holding them. She has actually had her door key implanted into her left hand in the form of a microchip.
In her right hand, she has had another microchip implant that acts as her business card but could also be used to store important medical information for use in the case of an emergency.
The 31-year-old engineer also has a magnet in one finger that allows her to sense electro-magnetic fields, which she says helps in her work.
But not all her body upgrades are practical. Her latest procedure is to have two LED implants, that turn on when a magnet is passed above them, illuminating her skin from inside.
Why? "Because they are sparkly and I'm a magpie," she says. "I like things that light up."
Winter is one of a growing number of people who call themselves "transhumanists".
It is the belief that the humans can improve beyond their physical and mental limitations and "upgrade" their bodies by incorporating technology.

Winter Mraz says she loves having her keys in her hand but she does not mean holding them. She has actually had her door key implanted into her left hand in the form of a microchip.
In her right hand, she has had another microchip implant that acts as her business card but could also be used to store important medical information for use in the case of an emergency.
The 31-year-old engineer also has a magnet in one finger that allows her to sense electro-magnetic fields, which she says helps in her work.
But not all her body upgrades are practical. Her latest procedure is to have two LED implants, that turn on when a magnet is passed above them, illuminating her skin from inside.
Why? "Because they are sparkly and I'm a magpie," she says. "I like things that light up."
Winter is one of a growing number of people who call themselves "transhumanists".
It is the belief that the humans can improve beyond their physical and mental limitations and "upgrade" their bodies by incorporating technology.

Thanks.

I guess I'm not of the view that there is anything inherently evil about implanting something into one's body. People use pacemakers to regulate their heart. I have dental implants that maintain the structure of my face and help me to chew food. We're probably going to see more things that can be implanted that can help us. I suppose it's the intent of the implant(s) and how we use them that is the ultimate determiner as to whether it is "good" or "bad".

I haven't heard of "temperature check bars". My son recently flew from Colombia to the U.S. He had to present a test that was no more than 3-days of age that showed him to be negative for Covid. They may have checked him for a fever at both airports, but I don't know for certain.
Manchester bar Albert’s Schloss has unveiled what it will do to open safely with temperature checks at the door, perspex screens, one-way systems, reduced menus, nominated table captains and beer tap-style hand sanitising stations

Cinemas, bars and football stadiums could ban people who haven't had a Covid jab, according to the minister in charge of its deployment.

The minister responsible for the rollout of coronavirus vaccines has said the jabs will not be compulsory.

Health minister Nadhim Zahawi told BBC Radio 4's the World At One: "I think it is right that it is voluntary.

"People have to be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to be vaccinated or otherwise.

"But, I think the very strong message that you will see, this is the way we return the whole country, and so it's good for your family, it's good for your community, it's good for your country to be vaccinated.

"And, ultimately people will have to make a decision."

Cinemas, bars and football stadiums could ban people who haven't had a Covid jab, according to the minister in charge of its deployment.

The minister responsible for the rollout of coronavirus vaccines has said the jabs will not be compulsory.

Health minister Nadhim Zahawi told BBC Radio 4's the World At One: "I think it is right that it is voluntary.

"People have to be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to be vaccinated or otherwise.

"But, I think the very strong message that you will see, this is the way we return the whole country, and so it's good for your family, it's good for your community, it's good for your country to be vaccinated.

"And, ultimately people will have to make a decision."

I recently read that the United States Supreme Court ruled decades ago that it is LEGAL for the government to FORCE a citizen to receive a vaccination. So, it's possible that the U.S. could also enforce immunization, although it's likely they would give exemptions to people who are at significant risk of a deadly, adverse, reaction to the vaccine.

There Is a lot of scareomgrting going 9n. The mark of the beast does not happen until who the beast Is will be revealed.

Last edited:
I recently read that the United States Supreme Court ruled decades ago that it is LEGAL for the government to FORCE a citizen to receive a vaccination. So, it's possible that the U.S. could also enforce immunization, although it's likely they would give exemptions to people who are at significant risk of a deadly, adverse, reaction to the vaccine.
The manager of an autism charity centre in the UK said he thinks if the UK tried to make vaccinations mandatory the staff at the charity could make a case for a service user not having a vaccination. (Anyway no government, police agency or member of the public will ever force me to do anything)

No one will ever force me to have a vaccination
no one is forced to allow you to do business.

Disney decided because of outbreaks of measles to ban those that didn't have immunizations .

a restaurant can be held liable for failing to meet healthcodes.imagine getting typhoid ,salmeonolla and they could have prevented it .

I'm not for a lot of mandates over the fact of its not always the right act they mandate but I do get the typhoid Mary issue

That's my thought as well. I do believe it will demonstrate some sort of conformity with the world system. It seems likely that it's too soon for us to be able to make an educated guess. This might be twenty, fifty, etc., years down the road.

In the meantime, it is fun to speculate. :)
I agree that the theories are interesting and it's fun to see a new perspective.

It is hard to say when it'll be. Most parts of me hope it's not within my life time.

It may be legal for companies to insist on new staff being vaccinated as a condition of their employment, the justice secretary has said.
However, Robert Buckland said it was unlikely bosses could make existing workers have vaccines under their current contracts.
Downing Street has said it would be "discriminatory" to order people to be vaccinated to keep their job.
But some firms say they will not hire new staff who refuse to have the jab.
In an interview with ITV on Wednesday, Mr Buckland said compelling new staff to be inoculated could, in theory, be possible if it was written into their contracts.
However, employers would probably need to take legal action if existing staff refused such an order, he said.
"I think that has to be the case because we're dealing with existing terms of contracts of employment, thousands of existing contracts,” he said.
He added that the legality of “no jab, no job” would depend “very much on the terms of employment and the particular contract”.
"Generally speaking I'd be surprised if there were contracts of employment existing now that did make that approach lawful. I think frankly the issue would have to be tested.”
London-based Pimlico Plumbers is one company that has said it will not hire new staff who have refused the vaccination on non-medical grounds.
Employment lawyers initially questioned the move, but on Wednesday founder Charlie Mullins said he had been advised it was legal.
"We've obviously been talking to lawyers and they're very happy that we can add this proposal to any new workers that start with us once the vaccine is rolled out," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.
"We'll be using the new contracts two to three months from now. When people come along for a job with us, if they're not happy to sign that, then again that's their choice, but they certainly won't be given a job with Pimlico Plumbers."
Care home operator Barchester Healthcare has also said all new hires will be obliged to get the jab.
"With regards to our staff, we are doing all we can to reassure and encourage those who are a little more reticent to have the vaccination, and we are also ensuring that all new staff must have the vaccination (if they medically can) before starting work looking after our vulnerable residents and patients who are in our care," Barchester Healthcare wrote on its website.

'Open to challenge'​

David Samuels, legal director at law firm Lewis Silkin, said that there is nothing legally to stop a business from placing a "no jab, no job" clause in contracts for new hires.
However, he cautioned that employers would need to analyse each job role and evaluate health and safety risks before introducing such a clause.
Failure to do so would make it possible to challenge a contract as being unfair or discriminatory, if a claimant can prove they are exempt from having the vaccine for some reason, or unable to access it.
There are concerns, for example, that "no jab, no job" policies would disproportionately affect young people who are last in line to get the jab.
"It's going to be harder to justify - especially if they don't go through that process and document it, and it will be more likely that they will be challenged successfully through a legal claim," Mr Samuels told the BBC.
He added that his firm had received enquiries about whether such a clause could be put in place if the business necessitated some staff to work in the office or in a factory.
The prime minister's official spokesman has said: "Taking a vaccine is not mandatory and it would be discriminatory to force somebody to take one."

Thanks for your opinion, how do you feel about 'transhumanists' who have microchips inserted into their hands?
British companies are planning to microchip some of their staff in order to boost security and stop them accessing sensitive areas.
Biohax, a Swedish company that provides human chip implants, told the Telegraph it was in talks with a number of UK legal and financial firms to implant staff with the devices.
One prospective client, which cannot be named, is a major financial services firm with “hundreds of thousands of employees.”
”These companies have sensitive documents they are dealing with,” said Jowan Österlund, the founder of Biohax and a former professional body piercer. “[The chips] would allow them to set restrictions for whoever.”
The chips, which are about the size of a grain of rice, are installed via a syringe in the fleshy area between the thumb and forefinger. They cost £150 each and are similar to those used for pets.
Mr Österlund claims the relatively painless implant surgery is safer than getting your ears pierced and takes “about two seconds”. He also believes the chips are less likely to be hacked because they sit beneath the skin.
“In a company with 200,000 employees, you can offer this as an opt-in,” says Mr Österlund. “If you have a 15pc uptake that is still a huge number of people that won’t require a physical ID pass.”

As well as restricting access to controlled areas, microchips can be used by staff to speed up their daily routines. For instance, they could be used to quickly buy food from the canteen, enter the building or access printers at a fastened rate.
“There’s no losing it, there’s no dropping it, there’s no forgetting it. There’s always going to be an ultimate backup,” said Mr Österlund.
The microchips use near field communication (NFC) - the same technology used by contactless bank cards.
Mr Österlund claims interest from companies in the UK has been so significant that he plans to open an office in London next year.
The idea has already taken off in Sweden where “implant parties” have become common among young people. Today, around 4,000 citizens are chipped, including 85 of the 500 employees at travel operator Tui.
Biohax has also partnered with state-owned Swedish rail firm, Statens Järnvägar, which has around 800 customers that use subdermal implants that allows them to travel instead of using a train ticket.
In 2017, Wisconsin-based Three Square Market teamed up with Biohax to became the first company in the US to microchip its employees. It offered to implant the chip into workers' hands for free and more than 50 people signed up during the initial trial.

Mr Österlund is aware not everyone will be keen on getting an implant at first. “It’s a learning curve,” he said. “If this came from a government, I’d be like yeah, you know what, no that’s not going happen. We’re a private actor, we’re doing this with our community, for our community.”
And he isn’t the only one. Steven Northam last year became the first person in the UK to be fitted with a microchip.
The married father of one now has the technology fitted to both his home and his BMW Z4, which starts when his hand is on the wheel.
Like Biohax, he is offering the service to businesses and individuals who want to simplify their lives with technology through his company BioTeq.
His chips are more expensive, setting people back between £230 and £260 per person. Complete offices where employees can access doors or use equipment will cost upwards of £5,000.
All the directors at one of his companies Incuhive have already been chipped. “Everyone raves about the implants and how useful they are,” he said. “No more losing ID cards for work.
“It can have a huge impact on society and business...In the future, we’re all likely to have one

The prospect of vaccine passports is getting closer in Europe — with more governments considering introducing them not only for travelers, but also to help reopen bars, restaurants and concert halls. Asked whether the introduction of vaccine passports is likely, Britain’s prime minister, Boris Johnson, told reporters Monday some international travel likely would require proof of coronavirus inoculation. “Some countries, clearly, are going to be wanting to insist that people coming to their country have evidence of a vaccination — just as people have insisted in the past that you have evidence you are vaccinated against yellow fever or other diseases,” he said. European governments have been split about whether to endorse a system of vaccine passports, but the travel, tourist and hospitality sectors are desperate to get business going again and say they can’t afford another lost summer. But civil libertarians worry the continent will be divided along a new haves and have-nots fault-line, and this week Britain’s foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, provoked a political uproar when he told a radio interviewer that Britons may have to present evidence of vaccination to enter bars and grocery stores. “It’s something that hasn’t been ruled out and it’s under consideration, but of course you’ve got to make it workable,” Raab said. His comment earned a sharp rebuke not only from civil libertarians but from Conservative lawmakers. “For everyday life, I don’t think you want to require people to have to have a particular medical procedure before they can go about their day-to-day life,” lawmaker Mark Harper said. “That is not how we do things in Britain.” Elsewhere in Europe, more governments are exploring the idea of introducing vaccine passports — at least for travel. Denmark’s finance minister, Morten Bødskov, last week raised the prospect of inoculation passports being introduced by the end of the month, which would make the Scandinavian country the world's first to do so. Denmark is currently under a strict pandemic lockdown.“Denmark is still hard hit by the corona pandemic,” he said. “But there are parts of Danish society that need to move forward, and a business community that needs to be able to travel.” Estonia is working with the World Health Organization (WHO) on a project to create standardized electronic vaccination certification the country hopes could become the “gold standard” and attract global recognition. Marten Kaevats, an adviser to the Estonian government on technology, told AFP the primary challenge for a globally endorsed system is to ensure that anyone checking the certificate can “trust the source.” The Estonian solution is looking at producing a digital version of the extant paper yellow-card used to prove yellow fever vaccination. Estonia, a tech trailblazer that’s been a pioneer in government e-services, isn’t alone in exploring a possible a digital vaccine passport program that can command global respect. Britain, Greece, Iceland, Hungary, Lithuania and pharmaceutical companies have all announced initiatives. Some are looking at using QR codes, or even facial recognition technology. The challenge is further complicated by the different data-systems countries have for keeping electronic health records that are not mutually recognized across borders. And most countries don’t even maintain digital health records. Kaevats told AFP it is unlikely that a global digital ID will emerge in the coming months, and it is more likely there will be a muddling through in a messy and arbitrary way with a mix of paper and electronic certificates appearing. Greece has urged the European Commission to shape a common understanding on how a vaccination certificate should be structured, so it could be accepted in all member states. But the EC is struggling — and officials say it becomes even more complicated when trying to fashion a framework for the recognition of certificates that might be developed by countries outside the European Union. There also are disagreements over what rules should apply to travelers who received vaccines not approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Experts at the WHO have withheld recommending vaccination passports for travel, deterred by fears of a messy and dispute-filled implementation and worried by the insufficient guarantee that those who have been inoculated can’t spread the virus, if they still contract it themselves and are asymptomatic. Some international airlines, including the Middle East’s Etihad, which has become the first airline to vaccinate all operational crew, say they already are planning to require passengers to produce pre-travel inoculation documentation. Some airlines are planning to add to their apps a requirement for passengers to add details of their vaccination before being able to book. But vaccine passports and the emerging idea of inoculation certification being needed to enter restaurants, bars, concert halls and sports stadiums also is prompting a backlash from rights and privacy campaigners. They say that would be unfair when there is not universal access to vaccines and that such plans would be a backdoor way to make vaccinations mandatory, infringing on the freedom of those who refuse vaccines.
One cruise line have taken the decision to introduce the requirement that all guests must be fully vaccinated. This means that guests must have received their full two doses of the COVID‑19 vaccination at least 14 days before travelling with us.

Revelation 13:16-18
New International Version

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Without a digital passport which will be in a phone held in the hand?

Israel will on Sunday take a major step towards normality with the rollout of a digital vaccination pass that allows citizens to visit gyms, swimming pools and hotels.

As the Jewish state continues to peel back the layers of lockdown after the world’s fastest vaccination drive, Israelis holding vaccine passes, also known as “green passports” will be allowed to visit leisure centres and enjoy holidays at hotel resorts.

The green passport will be available to download on an app run by the health ministry but it can also be printed out on paper, allowing the technology-averseultra-orthodox community to benefit from the scheme.

Those who have caught and recovered from Covid will also be allowed to use the passports, which feature a QR barcode that, once scanned, checks Israeli health records to confirm that the holder has received both doses of a Covid vaccine.

"Getting vaccinated is a moral duty. It is part of our mutual responsibility,” said Yuli Edelstein, the health minister, as thevaccination pass was unveiled.

“Whoever does not get vaccinated will be left behind.”

Back