Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you suppose is the "mark of the beast"?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Is it something that has yet to come? And who gets anything put on their forehead? Might it be a bandana? Very strange. Here are a couple of verses from Revelations that discusses the "mark of the beast".

Revelation 13:16-17
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Revelation 14:9-10
Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Mark-Of-The-Beast

Poster A: "I'm a Christian and I support abortion"

Poster B: "As a Christian, your support of abortion is, essentially, a DENIAL of your professed faith"

Moderator: "Your statement is a violation of our TOS, your post has been deleted and if you do it again you can be suspended or banned".

WIP, I happen to think that showing another Christian the error in their thinking is an acceptable and even loving thing to do. Obviously, management does not share that view. Apparently, we must keep such views to ourselves and permit our Christian brother or sister to continue to support the most heinous of sins. Oh well.
The best thing you can do in a case like this is to start a thread in the Talk With The Staff forum and provide links to the actual discussion so staff can review what you're talking about. Even what you posted above, is not complete enough to know what was written in the context of the discussion so misunderstandings are easy to come by.

No believer has anything to fear. For me I don't plan to be here.. this is not clearly written yet I live each moment He gives me for Him and looking for Him expecting Him every moment..always watching always ready.

Good for you to be ready.

I hope you are ready for the great tribulation, because that comes first.

The rapture takes place at the coming of the Lord, just after the resurrection of the dead in Christ.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

JLB

I see. I believe that believers are immediately present with Christ and perhaps even nonbelievers.

Yes, Those who are in Christ when they die are present with the Lord in heaven, even though their bodies are dead, “asleep” in the grave.

These will return with the Lord at His coming, and receive their resurrected bodies first, then those who are alive and remain, will be caught up together with them in the air.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

• concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

• we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

JLB

Yes, Those who are in Christ when they die are present with the Lord in heaven, even though their bodies are dead, “asleep” in the grave.
Thanks for elaborating. Some Christians believe that, everyone who dies, are literally DEAD and conscious of nothing until the resurrection.

Reactions: JLB
Serving Zion

It's both funny and concerning to me that we can try and dissect a verse, disagree about its content, only to discover that we're reading two different interpretations.

Perhaps I should not use Bible Gateway?

Which version of the bible should we use?

That's interesting. I posted a link to Bible Gateway but now I see that the link is somehow "hijacked" and takes the reader to an alternate site that uses different verbiage.
I think it's the smart url feature in the text editor. If you can copy the url and put some spaces uin it maybe you can trick the editor to not convert it. Or if it's just some specific version I'll look it up myself. Sounds like a translator has done naughties! ...

Are you suggesting that permanently disabled people are that way because their parents lacked faith and didn't pray for them?
I didn't make that suggestion, that's a completely different question. Why are you being so uncooperative? Why not ask questions that lead on from the topic we are discussing?

Back