Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Does Your Hind End Look Like?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

Now, stop thinkin' what you're thinkin'. I'm talking cars! :lol

What's on the back bumper of your car? If nothing, do you have a reason you have nothing?

I have a silver ichthus (fish) with Jesus inside it.

I also have a silver Detroit Lions emblem the same size. I had someone ask me where I got my "Christian Lions" emblem. He said it was pretty neat. I don't know what a "Christian Lions" emblem would look like, but I had to tell him the truth. I got my Christian Lions emblem at Dick's Sporting Goods. ;)

I had a bumper sticker that said, "Don't blame me. I didn't vote for Obama!", but I recently started working in the city of Detroit, and I'd rather not have my car vandalized. I'm not sure my fear is valid or not, but the city's support for the DNC is very real! That would be like parking a Toyota in a UAW parking lot. :o

I had a bumper sticker that said, "Don't blame me. I didn't vote for Obama!", but I recently started working in the city of Detroit, and I'd rather not have my car vandalized. I'm not sure my fear is valid or not, but the city's support for the DNC is very real! That would be like parking a Toyota in a UAW parking lot. :o

:lol.....I'm sure your fear is valid. I'd take that sticker off.

I don't have any stickers, or symbols on my car, but my wife has our daughters names with a Dallas Cowboy Star on the back window of the mom-van and in the middle she has "W the president". I had a "W" sticker when Bush was in his second term, but I took it off.

So, I have nothing and yes I have a reason for nothing. I don't like to communicate on the back of my car. Don't want to mess up my bumper, or impede my vision on the back window.

I find bumper sticks tacky, but I like reading them on other peoples car. I especially like seeing a car with several stickers. You can build a little profile of the driver/owner with the stickers and symbols they have. People like to let others know what they are about with symbols and slogans, but we also do this with fashion, tattoos, jewelry, and just the things we buy, say and do.

For example, this person seems to be a democrat. They also suffer from paranoid delusions, brought on by their own sense of insignificance and insecurity. This person was not breast-feed as a child. :)
anti-bush-bumper-stickers.jpg

Yeah Mike. Cause the last thread on bumper stickers went really well! :lol

We have nothing on the backs of our cars. We just don't see a reason do put anything on there. :shrug

We don't have any bumper stickers on any of our vehicles. I'm like Danus, just find them a bit tacky.

Is it me, or do multiple bumper stickers seem to be more of a democratic/liberal/left kind of thing. I see cars like the one above quite often and almost always the bumper stickers are to the left politically.

Not that there aren't bumper stickers around here like "Save 1000 Elk, Kill a Wolf" or "My kid beat up your honor student" or "Support our troops". And, of course, just about every other car has a BSU Broncos sticker. And BSU flags. And BSU window decals. And BSU license plate frames. And BSU fuzzy dice.

But, by and far, both here and when I lived in California, those cars that have a myriad of bumper stickers tend to be to the left.

I know around here Democrats are probably wanting to get the word out that they exist. :lol You see a lot of Obama bumper stickers in the Boise area. You also see a lot of "green" and "goddess" (:sad) stickers.

Too funny Mike. We were thinking exactly what you wanted us to think, you wrote it after all. After some thought I no longer think what I thought, what you tricked me into thinking - I think.

No btw, simply grew out of putting them on any cars I've owned after 1985 - they're generally ugly after a few winters and summers, fading, peeling. Sadly, the vandalism issue is more true today than any era I can think of, you definitely risk some damage with the wrong stickers on your wheels :)

I have never understood the idea of sticking them on paint.

I don't keep anything on my car. I find it tacky too. I wanted to get a fish on my car, but my dad talked me out of it. He said when I'm having a bad day and am a bad driver (me? speed? nooooo) that people will see the fish and say, "Look at this Christian who's speeding." He had a good point. I do have a cross necklace hanging from my rearview mirror though. I use it as a reminder that God's protection is over me on the road.

On the back windshield is the name of my sister's university. It's pretty fun to have there when we are in the city of her uni. I remember the last time we were there it must have been about 1 in the morning and we went through a McDonald's drive thru. All the cars behind us were honking their horns and screaming out the window "Blank University! Yeah, baby! Woooo! We're the best!" It was hilarious that we started such a ruckus.

I haven't yet put my school on the windshield, but I do wear my school's parking permits like badges of honor. It's fun. We look at the parking permits and know what term and how long someone has been here.

I live in a tiny town in the middle of a national forest. The Amish are our neighbors (they do not use bum0er stickers!:)) and we are the only county in the state whose major religion is Mennonite.

Picture023.jpg

We still have a nativity scene on the courthouse lawn at Christmas. Our school is K-12, but they still have a Christmas program, not a holiday concert. Everyone here says "Merry Christmas!". I love it.

We have a lot of Amish in our neck of the woods, too, just west of us like in Lancaster and Lebanon areas.

Here in the Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Pa area is rich with Pa Dutch background, of which I am of that heritage as well. My dad was raised Mennonite.

The demographics are changing now, and the inner cities are not what they used to be with Pa Dutch, Irish, English and the like, but out here in the country where I live it seems 1/2 the people in our congregation are Pa Dutch, and the other half are Irish so there's an atmosphere (and history) of the olden days.

We don't have any bumper stickers on any of our vehicles. I'm like Danus, just find them a bit tacky.

Is it me, or do multiple bumper stickers seem to be more of a democratic/liberal/left kind of thing. I see cars like the one above quite often and almost always the bumper stickers are to the left politically.

Not that there aren't bumper stickers around here like "Save 1000 Elk, Kill a Wolf" or "My kid beat up your honor student" or "Support our troops". And, of course, just about every other car has a BSU Broncos sticker. And BSU flags. And BSU window decals. And BSU license plate frames. And BSU fuzzy dice.

But, by and far, both here and when I lived in California, those cars that have a myriad of bumper stickers tend to be to the left.

I know around here Democrats are probably wanting to get the word out that they exist. :lol You see a lot of Obama bumper stickers in the Boise area. You also see a lot of "green" and "goddess" (:sad) stickers.
Demos are just messy :couch

A flag on the right side of the back window and my NRA membership seal on the left side.

A few people have urged me to remove the "anti-Obama" bumper sticker from my car before it gets trashed. I did that before my first day of work in the city! I'm not into baiting anyone to harshing my car. :lol

I've thought about my driving upsetting people and giving them a reason to dismiss my faith because the my Jesus fish, but I keep it there for 2 reasons. I know I like it when I see them. It's kind of encouraging to me. Also, knowing it's there, I find it has a positive impact on my driving politeness. :thumbsup

What Does Your rear bumper Look Like?

It's just a painted piece of plastic like the rest of the car. I don't do bumper stickers simply because they mean NOTHING, and often only give Christians, and the church a bad name because of the lousy habits of their drivers.

My favorites through the years, though, are:

In Ypsilanti, MI some years ago: "The one with the MOST toys when he dies, WINS!!!" I used it as the "hook" for a sermon, once.

In Massachusetts 40 years ago just after the "I found it" campaign: a bumper sticker with the "Star of David" and the words "We never lost it".

Also in Massachusetts at the same time: "Rugby Players eat their dead"

And in Minster, OH in the mid '70s: on the LEFT side of the bumper: "Christ is the answer!!", and on the RIGHT side: "They will get my GUN when they pry it out of my cold dead fingers". I LOVED the dichotomy of that one.

What Does Your Hind End Look Like?
Depends on if I'm wearing jeans, slacks or if I'm nude. I will PM some examples to you.

Now, stop thinkin' what you're thinkin'. I'm talking cars! :lol
Well, I always say, "it's not about me, it's about THE CAR!"

What's on the back bumper of your car? If nothing, do you have a reason you have nothing?
There are many reasons you will see no message on my rear bumper:

1) Putting a sticker on a nice car RUINS the look of the car.
2) People who put stickers on their cars seem to have an elevated opinion of their own intellect, to the point that they are usually annoying in person. I would never want to come across like that.
3) If I ever put a "I love the Lord" or similar message back there, I'd forget about it. And THEN I'd do something to ruin the reputation of my church, the Lord, or whatever entity I was promoting.

4) Would YOU put ANYTHING on this car if YOU drove it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back