Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What is faith?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What is faith (In God)?
Since God is love, to have faith in God, is to have complete trust in the unconditional love Jesus expressed for us on the cross. It is also to believe that through love, we can conquer every evil in the world. Since, love is a force; it is always expressed through actions. Therefore, when we have faith in God, we will forgo our own interest, in order to serve those who have hurt and betrayed us. If we claim to have faith, but do not put it into action. our faith is not alive (James 2:17). On the other hand, if we put our faith into action, it will set our heart on fire; and make our faith grow. It will then propel us to go out of our way and spend every moment of our life to serve God by serving others, including our enemies. In this effort we will count no cost, expect no reward and accept any discomfort or peril that comes our way. Then, even if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, it will grow mighty enough to move mountains (Luke 17:6).

To have faith in God, is also to know, that His love is the only solution to the problems in our life. We will, therefore, not resort to lawsuits or violence to solve our problem. Instead, we will use pure love to solve our problems. We will, therefore, help those who hurt us, give them more than what they are ask for, pray for them and not retaliate against them.

What is faith (In God)?
Since God is love, to have faith in God, is to have complete trust in the unconditional love Jesus expressed for us on the cross.
Amen. This is the only Faith God the Father recognize. Faith In His Beloved Son Jesus, and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won. It is also the narrow and only way. Our Temples are built by Grace through Faith in Christ and Him Crucified ONLY!!!!!!!

Faith can also be discribed as 'Trust' for as Hebrews 11 :1-3 shows we have faith/trust that God has done what he says he has done and if we trust God to do what he has promised, then we are motivated to act as he has commanded us to.

What is faith (In God)?
Since God is love, to have faith in God, is to have complete trust in the unconditional love Jesus expressed for us on the cross. It is also to believe that through love, we can conquer every evil in the world. Since, love is a force; it is always expressed through actions. Therefore, when we have faith in God, we will forgo our own interest, in order to serve those who have hurt and betrayed us. If we claim to have faith, but do not put it into action. our faith is not alive (James 2:17). On the other hand, if we put our faith into action, it will set our heart on fire; and make our faith grow. It will then propel us to go out of our way and spend every moment of our life to serve God by serving others, including our enemies. In this effort we will count no cost, expect no reward and accept any discomfort or peril that comes our way. Then, even if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, it will grow mighty enough to move mountains (Luke 17:6).

To have faith in God, is also to know, that His love is the only solution to the problems in our life. We will, therefore, not resort to lawsuits or violence to solve our problem. Instead, we will use pure love to solve our problems. We will, therefore, help those who hurt us, give them more than what they are ask for, pray for them and not retaliate against them.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Faith is a noun.

We receive faith from God.

Trust and believe are what we do.

These are actions that we take, there trust and believe are verbs.

JLB

Amen. This is the only Faith God the Father recognize. Faith In His Beloved Son Jesus, and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won. It is also the narrow and only way. Our Temples are built by Grace through Faith in Christ and Him Crucified ONLY!!!!!!!

This is the only Faith God the Father recognize. Faith In His Beloved Son Jesus,

How does a person get faith in Jesus Christ?

Only those who obey the Lord will receive eternal salvation.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

Obeying the Gospel is the beginning of this journey.

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 1 Peter 4:17

JLB

Only those who obey the Lord will receive eternal salvation.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

Obeying the Gospel is the beginning of this journey.

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 1 Peter 4:17

JLB
We obey Him by exhibiting Faith in the Cross, which then gives the Holy Spirit latitude to work; this Truth was given to Paul [Romans 6:3-5, 11, 14; Galatians 1:11-12].

JSM

We obey Him by exhibiting Faith in the Cross, which then gives the Holy Spirit latitude to work; this Truth was given to Paul [Romans 6:3-5, 11, 14; Galatians 1:11-12].

JSM

We obey Him by obeying what He taught which is commandments and doctrine.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

“I know Him” is the biblical definition of eternal life.

Those who claim to have eternal life, but do not keep His commandments, are liars and the truth is not in them.

again

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Those who do not remain in the doctrine of Christ, which is to say, who teach false doctrine and do not practice what Jesus Christ taught, do not have God.

Obeying Jesus Christ is obeying what He both taught us and commanded us to do.

You can “believe in” the cross all day long, but if you are living in sin and disobedience you must repent and turn away from that behavior, or be lost.

JLB

We obey Him by exhibiting Faith in the Cross,

We obey Him by obeying His commandments.

If His commandment says do not lie, and you are a liar, then your are not obeying His commandment.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. Revelation 21:8

JLB

What is faith (In God)?

Faith is virtually synonymous with trust. Faith in God is in fact trust in what we have determined the will of God is for our lives. In Hebrews the 11th chapter where the "Hall of Fame" of faith is spoken of we are given numerous examples of people trusting God, following His will, and obeying his commands.
The challenge for us today is being able to properly discern what His will and commands are for us, specifically. Determining the specifics of the will of God is not as clear as we'd like it to be and because of that within our faiths we have a lot of disagreements.

How do you obey the Lords commandments?

To obey the commandment to not lie, means you don’t lie.

To obey the commandment to not murder, means you don’t murder.

To obey the commandment to not commit adultery means you don’t commit adultery, and you don’t even look at a woman with lust.

JLB

JSM

Let’s try it again.

How does a person get faith. IOW receive faith?

I didn’t ask how we exhibit faith.

JLB

Let’s try it again.

How does a person get faith. IOW receive faith?

I didn’t ask how we exhibit faith.

JLB
?‍♀️ I know, I know.

God tells you.

Matthew 16:15-17 "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

Faith came to me late in life, but it was worth waiting for. I had always wanted to believe. I studied the Bible and went to church. I prayed, but still I was unsure. Then, when I was 66, I felt a mild electrical current in my head. I fell asleep and woke up a believer. So faith came to me as a gift straight from the Holy Spirit.

I think faith comes to people in different ways. Some people just "come to believe" as they surround themselves with other believers. But I got my special visit. I am humbled by it.

?‍♀️ I know, I know.

God tells you.

Matthew 16:15-17 "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

Amen.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Ronan’s 10:17

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. Hebrews 11:8

Abraham obeyed God’s call.

By faith means, God spoke to a person and the person obeyed.

Abraham received faith when God spoke to him.

Abraham was justified by faith when he obeyed.

Very simple.

JLB

What is faith (In God)?

Amen, Yet, it goes on to say, “for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” In other words, the faith that pleases God is the kind of faith that believes that God exists and that He is a rewarder.

Without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing to him, for he who comes to God must believe that he exists, and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him. Young's Literal Translation and apart from faith it is impossible to please well, for it behoveth him who is coming to God to believe that He is, and to those seeking Him He becometh a rewarder. Hebrews 11:6

To obey the commandment to not lie, means you don’t lie.

To obey the commandment to not murder, means you don’t murder.

To obey the commandment to not commit adultery means you don’t commit adultery, and you don’t even look at a woman with lust.

JLB
Are you telling us we use our willpower, own ability, and our strength to obey all commandments? Please explain in detail how the Believer obey the Lords commandments.

Are you telling us we use our willpower, own ability, and our strength to obey all commandments? Please explain in detail how the Believer obey the Lords commandments.

First of all, I never said any such thing.

Secondly I asked you a simple biblical question

How do we get faith?

JLB

Every Believer is given by the Holy Spirit at conversion the measure of Faith (Romans 12:3).

For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
Romans 12:3-8

In Romans 10, we are taught that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word (rhema) of God.

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:16-17

We receive faith when we hear God speak to us, whether directly or indirectly through the preaching of the Gospel by those sent by Him.

JLB

Back