Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What is faith?

Can you explain in detail how we keep and do the Lords commandments?

Brother, I have done this.

To obey the commandment to not lie, means you don’t lie. IOW you tell the truth.

To obey the commandment to not murder, means you don’t murder.

To obey the commandment to not commit adultery means you don’t commit adultery, and you don’t even look at a woman with lust.

JLB

Brother, I have done this.

To obey the commandment to not lie, means you don’t lie. IOW you tell the truth.

To obey the commandment to not murder, means you don’t murder.

To obey the commandment to not commit adultery means you don’t commit adultery, and you don’t even look at a woman with lust.

JLB
Let it ever be understood:
Victory can only be won in God’s Way, which is the “Way of the Cross.”

Paul said, “But God forbid that I should glory, save in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom the world is Crucified unto me, and I unto the world” (Gal. 6:14).”

It is always by “Faith,” but it must ever be remembered that Christ and the Cross must ever be the Object of Faith (I Cor. 1:17-18, 23; 2:2)

Righteousness cannot come by the law, i.e., by our own efforts, our own abilities, or by anything that man devise. It can only come by and through what Christ did for us at the Cross and our Faith in that Finished Work, which then guarantees the help of the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:2, Galatians 2:20-21

We make the mistake of making faith its own agent of goodness. Faith in and of itself is like a weapon that's just sitting there. It's neither good or bad. The good or bad comes from who uses it and how they use it. Having faith is only virtuous when it's placed in something virtuous and true. Having faith in false doctrine is a danger to be warned against and shunned rather than be accepted and applauded. Good faith must be able to withstand the microscope of scrutiny and show itself to be a light thereafter. It need not hide or fear questioning.

We make the mistake of making faith its own agent of goodness. Faith in and of itself is like a weapon that's just sitting there. It's neither good or bad. The good or bad comes from who uses it and how they use it. Having faith is only virtuous when it's placed in something virtuous and true. Having faith in false doctrine is a danger to be warned against and shunned rather than be accepted and applauded. Good faith must be able to withstand the microscope of scrutiny and show itself to be a light thereafter. It need not hide or fear questioning.
What do you have your Faith in?

Let it ever be understood:
Victory can only be won in God’s Way,

That way is obedience to Jesus Christ as Lord.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Hebrews 5:9

He is the way to Victory.

Following Him, means obeying Him.

That starts with obeying His Gospel, and continues with obeying His Commandments and Doctrine.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

I hope you will read and meditate upon these passages.

Please stop listening and following the teachings of man; ie
Jimmy Swaggart and Donnie Swaggart.

You are responsible to study for yourself from the scriptures.

You are responsible to pray and seek God for yourself.

There won’t be any excuses on the Day of Judgement about you not understanding what keeping or obeying His Commandments means.

in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:8

JLB

What do you have your Faith in?

You have trust in Jesus Christ.

You receive faith from God when you hear the Gospel.

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:16-17

You are saved by obeying the Gospel.

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10

You remain “in Christ” by obeying His commandments.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

All Scripture.

JLB

Please stop listening and following the teachings of man; ie
Jimmy Swaggart and Donnie Swaggart.
But He turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto Me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Matthew 16:23

I once started a thread on a secular forum:.
" If you believe in love, you believe in God....because God is love"
many atheists were not amused ?

Reactions: JLB
I believe in the love I experienced as a child and young adult. Love is real, therefore God is real.
Jesus Christ is God reaching out to us in empathy. Thank God for JC!

Reactions: JLB
Righteousness cannot come by the law, i.e., by our own efforts, our own abilities, or by anything that man devise.

Correct.

However...

Those who practice righteousness are righteous.

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
1 John 3:7

• He who practices righteousness is righteous

JLB

But He turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto Me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Matthew 16:23

Exactly, so stop being mindful of the things on man,(JSM) and learn to obey Jesus Christ, and His teachings, and commandments.

JLB

What is faith (In God)?
Since God is love, to have faith in God, is to have complete trust in the unconditional love Jesus expressed for us on the cross. It is also to believe that through love, we can conquer every evil in the world. Since, love is a force; it is always expressed through actions. Therefore, when we have faith in God, we will forgo our own interest, in order to serve those who have hurt and betrayed us. If we claim to have faith, but do not put it into action. our faith is not alive (James 2:17). On the other hand, if we put our faith into action, it will set our heart on fire; and make our faith grow. It will then propel us to go out of our way and spend every moment of our life to serve God by serving others, including our enemies. In this effort we will count no cost, expect no reward and accept any discomfort or peril that comes our way. Then, even if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, it will grow mighty enough to move mountains (Luke 17:6).

To have faith in God, is also to know, that His love is the only solution to the problems in our life. We will, therefore, not resort to lawsuits or violence to solve our problem. Instead, we will use pure love to solve our problems. We will, therefore, help those who hurt us, give them more than what they are ask for, pray for them and not retaliate against them.

Faith and Hope

Psalms 16:11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is foulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Psalms 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

2 Cor.1:6-7 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
And our hope of you is steadfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

Gal. 5:5-6 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision
available any thing, nor uncircumcised; but faith which worketh by love.

Eph. 1:17-19 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Col. 1:4-5 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,
For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

1 Thess. 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Heb. 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
Matthew 7:24-27

JLB

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
Matthew 7:24-27

JLB
While the sun shines, both houses look good; but, when adversity comes and come it shall, Faith, which is alone in Christ and Him Crucified will stand [I Cor. 1:18]

While the sun shines, both houses look good; but, when adversity comes and come it shall, Faith, which is alone in Christ and Him Crucified will stand [I Cor. 1:18]

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18

Yes the message of the Cross is the power of God, to those who believe, to those who obey Jesus Christ as Lord.

This our course doesn’t mean that we live in disobedience to His Commandments and Doctrine, on the contrary the message of the cross demonstrates that Jesus Christ is in fact Lord, because He was raised from the dead.

concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name, Romans 1:3-5

We are to obey Him as our Lord.

This is the message of the New Covenant.

Those who do not keep His Commandments yet they claim to know Him, to have eternal life, are not being truthful.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

He has demonstrated for us, how to love God —

If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. John 15:10

Why do you resist obeying Jesus Christ, by obeying His commandments?

If we do not obey Jesus as our Lord, then who is our Lord?

JLB

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18

Yes the message of the Cross is the power of God, to those who believe, to those who obey Jesus Christ as Lord.

This our course doesn’t mean that we live in disobedience to His Commandments and Doctrine, on the contrary the message of the cross demonstrates that Jesus Christ is in fact Lord, because He was raised from the dead.

concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name, Romans 1:3-5

We are to obey Him as our Lord.

This is the message of the New Covenant.

Those who do not keep His Commandments yet they claim to know Him, to have eternal life, are not being truthful.

He has demonstrated for us, how to love God —

If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. John 15:10

Why do you resist obeying Jesus Christ, by obeying His commandments?

If we do not obey Jesus as our Lord, then who is our Lord?

JLB
Romans 8

“10 And if Christ be in you (He is in you through the Power and Person of the Spirit [Gal. 2:20]), the body is dead because of sin (means that the physical body has been rendered helpless because of the Fall; consequently, the Believer trying to overcome by willpower presents a fruitless task); but the Spirit is life because of Righteousness (only the Holy Spirit can make us what we ought to be, which means we cannot do it ourselves; once again, He performs all that He does within the confines of the Finished Work of Christ).

“11 But if the Spirit (Holy Spirit) of Him (from God) Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you (and He definitely does), He Who raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies (give us power in our mortal bodies that we might live a victorious life) by His Spirit Who dwells in you (we have the same Power in us, through the Spirit, that raised Christ from the dead, and is available to us only on the premise of the Cross and our Faith in that Sacrifice).

12 Therefore, Brethren (means that Paul is addressing Believers), we are debtors (refers to what we owe Jesus Christ for what He has done for us on the Cross), not to the flesh (we do not owe anything to our own ability, meaning that such cannot save us or give us victory), to live after the flesh (“living after the flesh” pertains to our works, which God can never accept, and which can never bring us victory, but rather defeat).

“13 For if you live after the flesh (after your own strength and ability, which is outside of God’s Prescribed Order), you shall die (you will not be able to live a victorious, Christian life): but if you through the Spirit (by the Power of the Holy Spirit) do mortify the deeds of the body (which the Holy Spirit Alone can do), you shall live (shall walk in victory; but once again, even at the risk of being overly repetitive, we must never forget that the Spirit works totally and completely within the confines of the Cross of Christ; this means that we must ever make the Cross the Object of our Faith, giving Him latitude to work).”

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
This material may be protected by copyright.

If we are living any other way, Christ is not in it...therefore, it is a pretend make believe Salvation of Laws.

Last edited:
Bread Crumbs. “Fruit of the Spirit” February 28

Living out the Christian life is an impossibility if a Christian does not understand how the Holy Spirit helps him to carry out this task. Any man or woman who has been born-again and even Spirit-filled, will desire to obey the instructions regarding a proper lifestyle. However, without the understanding of how to gain the help of the Holy Spirit, their zealous attempts will face an impenetrable wall of constant opposition. Just having a desire to accomplish the attitudes and actions that are proper for a born-again believer is not enough to accomplish the task. To count on our own selves to achieve these proper and lofty goals is to operate in the flesh. We must not depend upon our own strength, ability, talent, education, or religious activity to produce a Christ-like life. Only the Holy Spirit has the power and ability to produce the fruit of the Spirit. There is an excellent rationale as to why these attributes are labeled as the Holy Spirit’s fruit. The Spirit will flow unhindered only when the believer depends totally upon Christ and His finished work at Calvary. Based on our proper object of faith, the Holy Spirit is released to accomplish the task. So start believing properly today and begin experiencing continuous growth!

Romans 6:22 - But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Back