Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the best thing to do when you hate someone?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You show that you do not understand what I have been writing.
ALWAYS a possibility.
One prays to God asking him to deal with those who have hurt you and to deal with your feelings.
Years later you learn that became Christian, you may never meet them in this life.
Yet you assume that God will only deal with those who hurt you, that he won't deal with your feelings about it or about them.
If you ask for God to forgive them, why on earth would you still have ill feelings about it or them?
How can you have bad feelings about anyone while in Christ?
You have written about people hurting you.
Be honest, how would you respond if a few days after the event someone told you that you Must forgive them.
Would you be pleased or cross at the lack of sensitivity and understanding shown.
Then, I would have raged, sought vengeance, and hated.
But now, as a Christian, I would thank the intercessor for the exhortation.
You've got to "let it go".
Love and hate cannot dwell in the same heart.

you ask for God to forgive them, why on earth would you still have ill feelings about it or them?
Again massive assumptions being made.
Why do you assume that someone who says ' I forgive them. ' actually does forgive or does not hold.d a grudge?
Why do you assume that someone willing to open there heart, mind and emotions to God, to let God rule in their life will hold a grudge or hatred for someone who has hurt them.
Love and hate cannot dwell in the same heart
Yes you are right.
A question for you.
How does someone who has been badly hurt forgive an unrepentant offender?
Can they forgive that person without God's help, strength and grace?
If they are not committing the situation, the offender and their fee,I gs to God, as I have repeatedly written, how can they forgive an unrepentant offender.

What I am saying is no christian ever forgives an unrepentant offender without doing what I have been writing.

Again massive assumptions being made.
Nice editing.
You left off the "If" which would have made your comment my question.
How can a question assume anything?
Why do you assume that someone who says ' I forgive them. ' actually does forgive or does not hold.d a grudge?
Why not?
Why do you assume that someone willing to open there heart, mind and emotions to God, to let God rule in their life will hold a grudge or hatred for someone who has hurt them.
I don't.
In fact, I know they won't hold a grudge or any hatred.
Yes you are right.
A question for you.
How does someone who has been badly hurt forgive an unrepentant offender?
They just do.
Can they forgive that person without God's help, strength and grace?
I think that is possible, though not probable.
If they are not committing the situation, the offender and their feelings to God, as I have repeatedly written, how can they forgive an unrepentant offender.
They just do.
What I am saying is no christian ever forgives an unrepentant offender without doing what I have been writing.
I had Jesus' example from the cross to guide me to my forgiving conclusions.
Plus His admonission that we would not be forgiven if we didn't forgive others.
I can't speak for non-Christians.

I don't.
In fact, I know they won't hold a grudge or any hatred.
Yet that has been your constant reply to me, that those who commit a situation, their feelings and those who have hurt them to God, for him to deal with, will hold a grudge.
They just do.
Do they, how
I had Jesus' example from the cross to guide me to my forgiving conclusions.
Plus His admonission that we would not be forgiven if we didn't forgive others.
You had a miss reading of what the bible says to guide you.
Jesus did not pray 'I forgive, but Father fotgive them!'
That is a major difference.
His teaching following luke17:3 is that forgiveness follows repentance, only if there is repentance Must there be forgiveness.

Look at the unjust servant, forgiven a massive debit because he pleaded for forgiveness, yet dealt with a fellow servant by ignoring his plea for forgiveness.
It shows forgiveness following repentance and the vital forgiveness if there is repentance, as well as the consequence of not acting if there is repentance.

Yet that has been your constant reply to me, that those who commit a situation, their feelings and those who have hurt them to God, for him to deal with, will hold a grudge.
Will God forgive them if you won't?
Do they, how
They forgive them, and start to pray for their very souls.
You had a miss reading of what the bible says to guide you.
Jesus did not pray 'I forgive, but Father fotgive them!'
That is a major difference.
His teaching following luke17:3 is that forgiveness follows repentance, only if there is repentance Must there be forgiveness.
You are adding "only" to scripture, thereby tainting your understanding.
Look at the unjust servant, forgiven a massive debit because he pleaded for forgiveness, yet dealt with a fellow servant by ignoring his plea for forgiveness.
It shows forgiveness following repentance and the vital forgiveness if there is repentance, as well as the consequence of not acting if there is repentance.
If you won't forgive, you won't BE forgiven. (Matt 6:14-15, Luke 6:37)

Will God forgive them if you won't?
Wow what a reversal of scripture. Saying that God is dependant on us.
If you won't forgive, you won't BE forgiven
Again you show you do not understand scripture.
Jesus condemned those in his time who added to scripture and this is what you are doing, adding to scripture.

All through the bible it is repent before there is forgiveness.
You are saying repentance does not matter just forgive.

If they repent Then and only then we must forgive.

Wow what a reversal of scripture. Saying that God is dependant on us.
Dependent?
Hardly.
But if we don't ask God to forgive someone for hurting us, they won't ever be forgiven...(unless they eventually do repent of sin and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins).
Again you show you do not understand scripture.
Jesus condemned those in his time who added to scripture and this is what you are doing, adding to scripture.

All through the bible it is repent before there is forgiveness.
You are saying repentance does not matter just forgive.

If they repent Then and only then we must forgive.
I rejoice in the power we have in Christ to forgive sins. (Matt 9:6)
You could have it too.

Dependent?
Hardly.
But if we don't ask God to forgive someone for hurting us, they won't ever be forgiven...(unless they eventually do repent of sin and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins).
Your words, God cannot forgive if we won't. That makes God dependant on us.

You don't understand what prayer is do you.

Again when we are hurt by another who will not or cannot repent we hand that situation, our feelings about it and the people involved over to God.

Think for a moment.

If you honestly hand your anger, your resentment, your feeling of hurt over to God to deal with.
What do you think God is going to do with those feelings of yours?

I rejoice in the power we have in Christ to forgive sins. (Matt 9:6)
You can rejoice in unscriptual nonsence all you like.
That verse is Jesus's ability to forgive sin not our ability to forgive.

Your words, God cannot forgive if we won't. That makes God dependant on us.
That's one way of looking at it, but isn't He dependent on us to turn from sin and unto Him in order to be saved on the last day?
You call it "dependency" but I call it consequences.
If we obey, heaven.
If we disobey, hell.
God will judge us for our actions on earth.
Isn't He dependent on our actions so He can judge on the last day?
You don't understand what prayer is do you.
If you only knew...
Again when we are hurt by another who will not or cannot repent we hand that situation, our feelings about it and the people involved over to God.
If we forgive, we will be forgiven.
Think for a moment.
If you honestly hand your anger, your resentment, your feeling of hurt over to God to deal with.
Make you forgive.
You can rejoice in unscriptual nonsence all you like.
That verse is Jesus's ability to forgive sin not our ability to forgive.
It is written..."
  1. Matthew 6:14
    For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
    Matthew 6:15
  2. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
    Matthew 18:35
  3. So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
    Mark 11:25
  4. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."

If we obey, heaven.
If we disobey, hell.

So you believe in salvation by works not through faith.

God does not forgive those who have not repented and he does not expect us to do what he does not do.

If they have repented we Must forgive.

Think for a moment.
Make you forgive..

No, change your attitude to them. You keep bringing up grudges and hate etc handing it over to God changes how one sees them and makes it possible to forgive.

Back