Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the fire? Matt 3:11

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There's no reason to think heresy believed by religious leaders among the Jewish people, couldn't happen in NT churches.
The NT even shows how congregations become corrupt,

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 1Tim.4:1

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 2Tim.4:3
2 Tim 4:3 refers to the 16th century revolt
Yes but not the universal church on matters of divine faith and morals

Truth is divine and immutable and cannot be reformed
The church is divine and cannot be reformed
It is already a reformation of the mosaic covenant heb 9:10 that’s why the one true new covenant church has so many similarities to the mosaic covenant example: the three fold priesthood
High priest
Ministerial sacrificial priesthood
Common priesthood of the baptized believers.
Thanks

2 Tim 4:3 refers to the 16th century revolt
Yes but not the universal church on matters of divine faith and morals

Truth is divine and immutable and cannot be reformed
The church is divine and cannot be reformed
It is already a reformation of the mosaic covenant heb 9:10 that’s why the one true new covenant church has so many similarities to the mosaic covenant example: the three fold priesthood
High priest
Ministerial sacrificial priesthood
Common priesthood of the baptized believers.
Thanks
I believe 2Tim.4:3 can refer to any biblical congregation throughtout time. They had heretics trying to divide believers even in the Apostles day.
What I'm saying is, the only way someone can know if truth is being preached, is by God judging the sincerity of a persons' heart to know. The Reader of the thiughts of mens' hearts, he gives his Spirit to that humble soul.
So it's never just the "pastor, rabbi, priest, pope, whoever. It's that church leader + the Holy Spirit within him. The same Holy Spirit in the congrgations members. So, if believers disagree on doctrine, then the Holy Spirit isn't speaking through one of them.

Matthew 3:11 “As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Three types of baptism are referred to here: (1) with water unto repentance. John's baptism symbolized cleansing (see note on Mat_3:6); (2) with the Holy Spirit. All believers in Christ are Spirit-baptized (1Co_12:13); and (3) with … fire. Because fire is used throughout this context as a means of judgment (Mat_3:10, Mat_3:12), here it refers to a baptism of judgment upon the unrepentant.

Back