Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the gay life style.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
JoJo said:
Solo said:
JoJo said:
No, I don't need to start new threads on those. I think I've made my point.
Stand against ALL sin. What is your position on the sin of homosexuality?

Thanks for asking, Solo.

I follow the Bible. If the Bible says something is a sin, I believe it is a sin. Take 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. But I like the verse that follows it: "And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." 1 Corinthians 6:11

Not one of us is without hope if we trust in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I say to my homosexual friends (and heterosexual ones too) and to myself, "Turn to Christ. Ask Him to show you all areas of sin. Confess your sins. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins. Trust in His forgiveness. Rejoice in His salvation."
I second that! :thumbsup

Lance_Iguana said:
This is not a topic is not about marriage. If you bring it up again I'll report you, since I'm not letting you hijack my topic.
I'm on my way to work so this will have to be quick and I'll only address this one point and get back to the rest tonite. YOU are the one who brought up the subject of marriage, on pg.6 your first 2 words in your answer to The Catholic "CANT MARRY". I was giving my response to you and saying why I don't feel homosexuals deserve the privileges of marriage. Report me if you feel it's necessary but I think if you don't want a response then don't use it as a rebuttal and then expect no response. The road goes both ways.
Westtexas

Lance,

You have a few posts recently saying you wish to stay on topic and what this thread is about. Report all you want, but you should watch where you lead the topic and realize that after SEVEN pages and your original question having been answered and explained many times over that the thread just might drift a tad. :chin

JoJo said:
I say to my homosexual friends (and heterosexual ones too) and to myself, "Turn to Christ. Ask Him to show you all areas of sin. Confess your sins. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins. Trust in His forgiveness. Rejoice in His salvation."
And if they don't?

And if they profess to be Christians and continue in the sin of homosexuality?

Solo said:
JoJo said:

And if they don't?

If they don't what? Turn? Ask? Confess? Trust? Rejoice?

Why would they turn to Christ, ask Him to show areas of sin, confess their sins, ask to be forgiven, trust in His forgiveness and rejoice in His salvation if they plan on continuing in their sin?

JoJo said:
Solo said:
JoJo said:

And if they don't?

Why would they turn to Christ, ask Him to show areas of sin, confess their sins, ask to be forgiven, trust in His forgiveness and rejoice in His salvation if they plan on continuing in their sin?

Happens a lot nowadays, JoJo. I think its the emphasis of the watered down "Love" gospel rather than the true call to repentance that the church is embracing today. At any rate, there are several denominations, large denominations, who now will ordain gay and lesbians who are in sexual relationships, so to say that the church is sending mixed messages on this subject is an understatement.

What happens a lot, Dora? They plan on continuing in their sin? Or is it that they don't view homosexuality as a sin?

JoJo said:
Solo said:
JoJo said:

And if they don't?

If they don't turn to Christ.

JoJo said:
You will have to ask those who profess to be Christians and continue in the sin of homosexuality. My question is, what is your responsibility to the body of Christ concerning those who profess Christianity and continue in the sin of homosexuality?

Solo said:
You will have to ask those who profess to be Christians and continue in the sin of homosexuality. My question is, what is your responsibility to the body of Christ concerning those who profess Christianity and continue in the sin of homosexuality?

Oh, well that's not what you originally asked. You asked me my position on the sin of homosexuality and I gave you my answer. But since you want more, I say that once we are saved, we have the Holy Spirit to convict us of our sins. If we ignore those convictions, we suffer the consequences. But I do not believe we lose our salvation. So that gets us into the "once saved, always saved" discussion and I'm not willing to go there in this thread.

JoJo said:
What happens a lot, Dora? They plan on continuing in their sin? Or is it that they don't view homosexuality as a sin?

Now that's a very good question, JoJo. The Evangelical Lutherans now say that the Bible does not teach that homosexuality is a sin. And yet, they will not take the further step of allowing gays and lesbians to marry. But on the other hand, they are still teaching that it is sin to have sex outside of anything other than a marriage relationship. When trying to press for an answer to the obvious dilemma here, they retreat back into the "God loves and forgives". But, if it isn't sin, what is there to forgive?

I know that the Evangelical Lutheran Church is now going to be faced with allowing gays and lesbians to marry. Many are saying it will never happen and that marriage must remain between a man and a woman. But, if they say (and they do) that homosexuality isn't sinful as long as the two involved remain monogamous and committed, and if the two involved are in a state in which they can legally marry, how is it that the church will say, "Even though you are legally married, and even though it is still the teaching that one is sinning if one is not married, we are not going to recognize your marriage" ?

Naturally there is not going to be a logical and Biblical resolution to this dilemma, because the Bible clearly teaches that homosexuality is sin.

See, the thing is, I could accept that homosexuals might think that they are not sinning, especially if they are in a church that is teaching it isn't sin, if there wasn't a Holy Spirit that convicts one of sin. But we do have the Spirit, don't we. And when I see someone who emphatically states that they are a Christian and yet is also just as emphatic that homosexuality is not sin, I question it because I know that the Spirit within me is crystal clear on the subject. The Bible teaches it, the Spirit convicts and yet somehow there is a large and growing even larger segment of folks who claim to be Christian that denies the sinfulness of homosexuality.

JoJo said:
Yes, the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin........

Correction: Homosexual ACTIVITY (such as sex) is a sin, not homosexuality.

Homosexuality is a pre-dispoition to a certain sin: It is not a sin in and of itself. We ALL have a pre-disposition to a some sin, be it sex, over-eating (gluttony), alcohol, etc. Some people are even kleptomaniacs, prone to steal.

A homosexual, just like an alcoholic, needs to recognize that pre-disposition and take measures to keep it in check.

TheCatholic said:
JoJo said:

Homosexuality is a pre-dispoition to a certain sin: It is not a sin in and of itself. We ALL have a pre-disposition to a some sin, be it sex, over-eating (gluttony), alcohol, etc. Some people are even kleptomaniacs, prone to steal.

A homosexual, just like an alcoholic, needs to recognize that pre-disposition and take measures to keep it in check.

Catholic, I've ran into this before. I've solved this (in my own mind at least) by referring to the pre-dispostion at "same-sex orientation" and homosexuality as actively participating in the sin. The Bible never once addresses the issue of sexual orientation. We are called however to take thoughts captive and to not participate in what is clearly taught as sin.

handy said:
The Evangelical Lutherans now say that the Bible does not teach that homosexuality is a sin. ....I question it because I know that the Spirit within me is crystal clear on the subject. The Bible teaches it, the Spirit convicts and yet somehow there is a large and growing even larger segment of folks who claim to be Christian that denies the sinfulness of homosexuality.

We will see what happens. There is a split forming in that Church due to their recent decisions. I'm fairly close to this as I'm part of the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church (which is about half the size of the Evangelical Lutheran Church). My church holds fast to the inerrancy of the Bible and it's literal truth. We've been speaking out and reaching out to that church for some time now. I would not be suprised if the split forming in it came back to us. There has been a hint of that already.

It may be similar to what is happening now between the Anglican and Catholic Church. People are leaving the Anglican back to the Catholic.

Veritas said:
handy said:
The Evangelical Lutherans now say that the Bible does not teach that homosexuality is a sin. ....I question it because I know that the Spirit within me is crystal clear on the subject. The Bible teaches it, the Spirit convicts and yet somehow there is a large and growing even larger segment of folks who claim to be Christian that denies the sinfulness of homosexuality.

We will see what happens. There is a split forming in that Church due to their recent decisions. I'm fairly close to this as I'm part of the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church (which is about half the size of the Evangelical Lutheran Church). My church holds fast to the inerrancy of the Bible and it's literal truth. We've been speaking out and reaching out to that church for some time now. I would not be suprised if the split forming in it came back to us. There has been a hint of that already.

It may be similar to what is happening now between the Anglican and Catholic Church. People are leaving the Anglican back to the Catholic.

:biggrin Well, welcome me as a soon-to-be fellow Missouri Synod Lutheran. We started fellowshipping at the MS church after August. It's a longer drive to church, but so far the whole family has been blessed there.

This is one thing that comes up quite a bit. In order to move with this current trend of saying that the Bible doesn't teach that homosexuality is sin, one must, absolutely must, compromise on the inerrancy of the Scriptures.

Wow! Welcome! I'm sure you and your family will be a blessing to the church as well! We may just physically cross paths someday :) From my experience the amount of depth in the MS church's scholarship and study of the Bible is wonderful...we truely regard the Bible as truth!

handy said:
TheCatholic said:
JoJo said:

Catholic, I've ran into this before. I've solved this (in my own mind at least) by referring to the pre-dispostion at "same-sex orientation" and homosexuality as actively participating in the sin. The Bible never once addresses the issue of sexual orientation. We are called however to take thoughts captive and to not participate in what is clearly taught as sin.

We are using different terminology, but I think we are saying the same thing pretty much

JoJo said:
Solo said:

Oh, well that's not what you originally asked. You asked me my position on the sin of homosexuality and I gave you my answer. But since you want more, I say that once we are saved, we have the Holy Spirit to convict us of our sins. If we ignore those convictions, we suffer the consequences. But I do not believe we lose our salvation. So that gets us into the "once saved, always saved" discussion and I'm not willing to go there in this thread.

JoJo,

I did not ask you about your position on the sin of homosexuality. I asked questions relating to your comments to "your homosexual friends." Your comments were made to sinners, not to the sin.

Let me put this in as simple terms as I can so that there is no misunderstanding.

You posted to your homosexual "friends," and others to turn to Christ asking Him to show all areas of sin for the confession of sin for the forgiveness of sin, trusting in His forgiveness and rejoicing in His salvation.

I asked, "And if they don't?"

So please answer the two questions indented below:

• What is your response to your homosexual "friends," and others if they reject turning to Christ Jesus, repenting of their sins, believing in Him for forgiveness, trusting in Him, and rejoicing in His salvation?

I then asked the question:

"And if they profess to be Christians and continue in the sin of homosexuality?"

• In other words, When a person continues a lifestyle of sin yet claims to be a Christian, what should our response be, as members of the body of Christ, to such a one according to the Word of God?

JoJo said:
Solo, I don't know if I should be flattered or offended that you take such an interest in my opinions and posts. :confused
Well if you are offended, then get over it!! :biggrin

Back