Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the Mark of the Beast on the Forehead vs the Hand?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

reddogs

Revelation 14:9-10
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

The book of Revelation is a very symbolic book. In other words, it uses symbols to teach spiritual lessons. The use of the word hand is symbolic for our works and the forehead is symbolic for what we believe, because its the part of the mind where decisions takes place and moral choices are made. Those who are condemned in the end will either have the Mark of the Beast on their forehead or on their hand.

The conflict is between the religious/political entity of the Antichrist as we see in Revelation 13, where Satan, represented by the Dragon, empowers the beast to enforce its false worship which is symbolized by a mark, a name, which is represented by the number 666, on the foreheads and hands of their followers. Thus, we can see the mark, name, and number of the beast, represent the nature of the false worship promoted by them, whether in the mind (forehead) or actions (hands) of the followers.

Revelation 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

So you have the true worship of God, and the false worship of the Dragon and the Beast power and its supporters. In other words, those who have the mark on their forehead will be worshiping the Beast and is Image which is with us today. They will stand up for the false worship of the apostate church and follow it by doing what it asks, or really are deceived and believe its false doctrines and teachings. Those who have the mark on their hand may not be truly worshiping the Beast but they follow it nonetheless, they may even be speak against some of its teaching or false worship, but their works will be in line with the beliefs and practices of the apostate church.

The context of the text reveals the difference between those who have the Mark of the Beast as they follow it and the Dragon behind it, and will find themselves losing eternal life, and those who follow God and His Law and will be in His kingdom. We see it in the words of Christ...

Matthew 19:16
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Last edited:
Hey All,
A lot of people believe the mark might be some kind of micro chip that is inserted just under the skin. It's being done for dogs and cats to identify them should they stray. I can easily see it being done to children to identify them should they be lost or kidnapped. Once people are used to it, and see it as benign, the financial aspect, its real purpose, will be viewed as a welcome benefit.

So the mark of the beast may not be a visible number at all.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

A mark can mean a visible impression, identifying seal, inscription or label and also the thoughts of the mind and actions of the hand. The mark of the beast is just that which is full of political self governed power that disguises itself as a religious system full of symbolism that is very deceptive to those who have no Spiritual discernment. From its throne will be displayed many signs and wonders that will promise peace and safety during the time of great tribulation as Gods wrath will be poured out during the seven trumpets sounding. Many will take this mark believing it to be a visible sign of God, but with a great falling away from God will be deceived and separated from God forever, Rev 13, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

The mark of the beast is to those who have no understanding of the word of God as they reject the teachings of Christ as they are lovers of self, 2 Timothy 3:1-7, and will allow themselves to be deceived in their mind as they reach out with their hands and bow down to this Luciferians false religion that promises them provision, peace and safety during the time of Gods great wrath in the end of days as they have no faith in Jesus who supplies all our needs, Philippians 4:19. To understand this mark of the beast we first have to understand what and who this beast is and its controlling deceptive power.

Galatians 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

Revelation Chapter 13
John saw a beast (beast is often referred to as nations in scripture) rise up out of the sea having seven heads and ten horns and upon his horns ten crowns, (crowns denotes Kings) and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. The beast rises up out of the sea as the sea here is symbolic of people and nations as in a sea of humanity, Daniel Chapter 7:1-8; Revelation 17:15. This beast is a Luciferian system of political, economic, military, environmental, educational and false religious power that Satan has always worked through.

Deuteronomy 6:4-8
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
Revelation 13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Deuteronomy 6:4-8
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
Revelation 13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
It shows who they follow, by their actions and their thoughts..

Hey All,
A lot of people believe the mark might be some kind of micro chip that is inserted just under the skin. It's being done for dogs and cats to identify them should they stray. I can easily see it being done to children to identify them should they be lost or kidnapped. Once people are used to it, and see it as benign, the financial aspect, its real purpose, will be viewed as a welcome benefit.

So the mark of the beast may not be a visible number at all.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
God cares about what we believe and have in our hearts and mind, not just to mark us..

God cares about what we believe and have in our hearts and mind, not just to mark us..
I think someone may reference that God marks His Own People , totally separate from the evil "all" >

It shows who they follow, by their actions and their thoughts..
Can anyone tell which (if any) political or religious people (or leaders) show by the actions and their thoughts "who they follow" ?
And does it matter either way ? - Anyone who receives the mark (of the beast), perishes.

Hey All,
Agreed.
I know you understand that this is the mark of the beast, and not God, right?

Revelation 13:16-17 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

There are actually three methods of commerce. The mark, the beast's name, or the beast's number. Any of these choices will result in blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. The church needs to be teaching against all three equally. The mark is well known. But the beast's name, or number, not so much.

They are all first class tickets to eternal damnation.

I believe the beast will offer his name, or number as a compromise to those wary of the mark.

They are not compromises.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I think someone may reference that God marks His Own People , totally separate from the evil "all" >

Can anyone tell which (if any) political or religious people (or leaders) show by the actions and their thoughts "who they follow" ?
And does it matter either way ? - Anyone who receives the mark (of the beast), perishes.
Yes, the Sabbath is His mark and shows His authority over heaven and earth, and was always so from Creation..

There is a mark on the unbelievers head and or hand. Remember that there is also a mark on the believers head, but not their hand. I think that the 'mark' is not physical. An unsaved person's head (heart devotion really) and hand's works are about this world, that is the mark of the beast. A saved person's head/heart is in God, that is faith. But no mark on their hand because we aren't saved by works.

Yes, the Sabbath is His mark and shows His authority over heaven and earth, and was always so from Creation..
Surprising Truth and Light when found in this world of darkness, eh ?

So many wicked, so much wickedness, is practiced daily by religious folk, common persons and leaders/ teachers.
Turns out surprising to me how almost all of those wicked have always or long ago or recently rejected Yhvh's Shabbat.
Multitudes of others still not recognizing Yhwh, may very soon be given the choice, or not, to obey, or to be condemned.

Hey All,
God has authority whether He shows it or not.
So why does God need to show His authority?
To whom does He need to show it?
Is humanity some grand experiment?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Satan has no qualms about showing his authority including his substitute for the Sabbath, and we see what he said when tempting Christ in the desert...
Luke 4:5-6
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

Hey All,

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
This is no experiment, God has full authority over the physical body.

Satan has no qualms about showing his authority including his substitute for the Sabbath, and we see what he said when tempting Christ in the desert...
Luke 4:5-6
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
I find it interesting that "Luke" was not listed as one of the 12 Disciples of Christ, but in his writings he quotes Christ specifically as if he witnessed this himself. If one of the original Disciples had witnessed or been told this; why wouldn't that person have "quoted Christ" themselves, instead of passing it on to another?

From what I've been able to read, Luke was an evangelist who was first given sainthood by the Roman Church. Might as well give Jimmy Bakker, a famous televangelist his own Book in the Bible as well; cause Satan made him do it.

Satan has no authority on this earth; none whatsoever.

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Amen, keep those Commandments.

To answer your OP; we were given eyes but cannot see. I don't really know if Father (God) will make the mark visible to our eye; but there is at least one who shall see it clearly.

Revelation 14:9-10
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

The book of Revelation is a very symbolic book. In other words, it uses symbols to teach spiritual lessons. The use of the word hand is symbolic for our works and the forehead is symbolic for what we believe, because its the part of the mind where decisions takes place and moral choices are made. Those who are condemned in the end will either have the Mark of the Beast on their forehead or on their hand.

The conflict is between the religious/political entity of the Antichrist as we see in Revelation 13, where Satan, represented by the Dragon, empowers the beast to enforce its false worship which is symbolized by a mark, a name, which is represented by the number 666, on the foreheads and hands of their followers. Thus, we can see the mark, name, and number of the beast, represent the nature of the false worship promoted by them, whether in the mind (forehead) or actions (hands) of the followers.

Revelation 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

So you have the true worship of God, and the false worship of the Dragon and the Beast power and its supporters. In other words, those who have the mark on their forehead will be worshiping the Beast and is Image which is with us today. They will stand up for the false worship of the apostate church and follow it by doing what it asks, or really are deceived and believe its false doctrines and teachings. Those who have the mark on their hand may not be truly worshiping the Beast but they follow it nonetheless, they may even be speak against some of its teaching or false worship, but their works will be in line with the beliefs and practices of the apostate church.

The context of the text reveals the difference between those who have the Mark of the Beast as they follow it and the Dragon behind it, and will find themselves losing eternal life, and those who follow God and His Law and will be in His kingdom. We see it in the words of Christ...

Discard all the wild conspiracies and be absolutely certain of one thing, that in whatever way will this mark come into being, it will be a COUNTERFEIT of the Seal of God. This Seal of God is a pledge of allegiance to God, also a seal of protection it was mentioned previously in the sealing of the 144,000, but originally it's found in the Shema prayer. "Bind them as a sign on your hand and your forehand" shouldn't be taken strictly in a literal sense, it's more or less symbolic, God wants us to keep his words in MIND (forehead) and in PRACTICE (hand). Remember, Jesus harshly rebuked the Pharisees who only took it in a literal sense with their large phylacteries (Matt. 23:5).

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. (Deut. 6:4-9)

Back