Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the New Jerusalem?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Quantrill

I was reading in the thread 'The Atonement' and (Rev. 22:19) was being discussed. In trying to gather the context my attention was immediately brought to the New Jerusalem. (Rev. 21-22). And so many questions arise.

Is it the Church? (Rev. 21:9)

If so, it is distinct from the nations, correct? (Rev. 21:24)

It can't be identified as Heaven as it comes down from Heaven. (Rev. 21:22)

The saved nations appear to be outside of it, but walk in the light of it. (Rev. 21:24)

The kings of those saved nations shall be allowed entrance. (Rev. 21:26)

But the wicked shall not be allowed entrance. (Rev. 21:27) Doesn't this imply there are those outside who are wicked, just like there are those outside who are saved?

But, how could that be as it is the New Heaven and New Earth?

Would answer to these not help an interpretation of the 'Tree of Life'? (Rev. 22:2)

Would answer to these not help an interpretation of being blotted out of the 'Lambs Book of Life'? (Rev. 22:19)

I think they would, but therein lies the problem. And at present I don't have an answer that I am satisfied with.

Quantrill

The more I read Revelation the more I think some thimgs are written for Israel and others for every nation.
As far ad wickedness being there, the parable of the wedding feast in Maythew 22:11-13 tellsof a man who went to the feast did not wear wedding clothes. The King asked him how he had got there, then had him bound hand and foot and thrown into darkness.

The more I read Revelation the more I think some thimgs are written for Israel and others for every nation.
As far ad wickedness being there, the parable of the wedding feast in Maythew 22:11-13 tellsof a man who went to the feast did not wear wedding clothes. The King asked him how he had got there, then had him bound hand and foot and thrown into darkness.

I agree. And in (Matt. 22) it concerns the Wedding Feast. The marriage of the Bride, the Church has already taken place in Heaven. The Bride returns with the Groom, Christ and many on earth are invited to the Feast. But they are not the Church. Not the Bride.

Quantrill

Concerning the New Jerusalem I think it's important to note that there will always be a Heaven and Earth. And the Earth will be inhabited with the saved as well as Heaven. (Rev. 21:1)

Place is important to God. What did Christ say? "I go to prepare a place for you". (John 14:1-3) Perhaps He as been busy doing just that with the New Jerusalem.

Quantrill

The New Jerusalem must be Where Christ will rule from. Will only Jews live there? Will there be any gentiles t here? Where will the Angels be?
God will make a new earth. Does that mean a different earth and heaven or this earth renewed?

I was reading in the thread 'The Atonement' and (Rev. 22:19) was being discussed. In trying to gather the context my attention was immediately brought to the New Jerusalem. (Rev. 21-22). And so many questions arise.

The saved nations appear to be outside of it, but walk in the light of it. (Rev. 21:24)

But the wicked shall not be allowed entrance. (Rev. 21:27) Doesn't this imply there are those outside who are wicked, just like there are those outside who are saved?

Would answer to these not help an interpretation of the 'Tree of Life'? (Rev. 22:2)

Would answer to these not help an interpretation of being blotted out of the 'Lambs Book of Life'? (Rev. 22:19)

I think they would, but therein lies the problem. And at present I don't have an answer that I am satisfied with.

Quantrill

I think a better question might be who is the New Jerusalem?

Quantrill
by this time the great white throne judgement has already occurred so everyone has their eternal assigned place - which for the wicked is the lake of fire no?

Revelation Chapter 21 & 22

I combined these two chapters into one as 22 continues where 21 left off in the descriptions of the New Jerusalem and we being in the kingdom of God called the New Jerusalem. I am not listing the verses in this chapter as you can read through them as I give explaination between the literal and symbolic of the descriptions given.

Revelation Chapter 21-22 is very symbolic in the character and quality of the holy city "New Jerusalem" as no one could even fathom what it will look like. The description is that of the nature of this glorious kingdom of God where His true church, being the Bride of Christ, will dwell with Her Bridegroom for eternity basking in the glory of the Lord.

What is described in the literal description is that of the spiritual as with God all things are spiritual in nature. The literal description shows us the splendor of the magnificants of what has been prepared for those who are Christ own.

What God was promising in that of the literal land of Canaan given to the Israelites was symbolic of the promise of a new heaven and new earth as this present will pass away and be made Spiritually new again in the characteristics of God's nature, not for Israel, but for the church being the Bride of Christ as we are then united to Him for all eternity. All things of God and the prophecies will be fulfilled in the new kingdom, "New Jerusalem". The height and the length is given in the literal, but yet symbollically could never be measured. It's all beyond our comprehension.

A thousand year kingdom in the millennium where Christ will reign here on this present earth is not an everlasting kingdom, but for a specific time, which is God's timing. It could not possibly be a literal 1000 years that we will have to wait for Satan and his army to be cast into the Lake of fire. What would even be the purpose of another literal thousand years when Christ returns.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

God's promise was not the literal land of Canaan, but that of a new Spiritual heaven and earth as all things will be made new again. This is what we hope for, Romans 8:19-23. In my minds eye I see it all as being like the garden of Eden where we will dwell in peace and harmony with each other as God and His Son Christ Jesus are the temple of the New Jerusalem and the light as there will be no more darkness, tears, sorrow or pain.

The "holy city", New Jerusalem, does not make up nations or continents on the new earth, but is the community of God's people who are caught up to Christ when He returns. It's not a new earth with a city in the midst of it, but that of the new earth being the holy city called New Jerusalem.

The New Jerusalem must be Where Christ will rule from. Will only Jews live there? Will there be any gentiles t here? Where will the Angels be?
God will make a new earth. Does that mean a different earth and heaven or this earth renewed?

Good questions. I doubt I will be here much longer to be able to interact with them. Keep studying and searching.

Quantrill

There are differences of opinion concerning the Earth and Heaven. Some believe the Earth and Heaven will be completely destroyed and God will make another. Some believe the Earth and Heaven will be purged by fire and just renewed. It's hard to be dogmatic concerning either view.

But, one thing is sure, the Earth and Heaven will be new and will exist for eternity. The only description given of the new Earth is that there will be no more seas. (Rev. 21:1)

I personally believe Scripture is clear that the New Jerusalem is the Church. (Rev. 21:9-10) Others believe it is the place that represents all the redeemed. My point would be that the inheritance of the Earth is no less spiritual than a Heavenly inheritance. The Earth at this time will be a place where righteousness dwells. (2 Peter 3:13) In other words, the inheritance of the Earth to the Jews, is just as important to God as the Heavenly inheritance of the Church. (Matt. 5:5)

Again, I am not being dogmatic, as my view still has problems. Just wading through commentators and comparing what I know in the Bible and what I can find in the Bible. Anyone's view is equally acceptable and equally with problems.

Some hold that the New Jerusalem will be a satellite city not coming all the way to Earth. I am inclined to this view also. It is of tremendous size. (Rev. 21:16) And it will be visible to the Earth.

How is it related to the Earth? Possibly it is from there that Christ rules with the Church. The Jerusalem on Earth might be where David will exercise the rule of Christ from. (Ezekiel 37:24) The New Jerusalem has relation to the Jerusalem on Earth as it's gates have the names of the 12 tribes of Israel. But it's foundation is the name of the 12 apostles, which identifies it with the church.

There are so many questions concerning it. Why does it have walls and angels guarding? (Rev. 21:12)

Quantrill

by this time the great white throne judgement has already occurred so everyone has their eternal assigned place - which for the wicked is the lake of fire no?

I see what your saying. Yes, I believe the chronological order is that the new Heaven and Earth are made after the Great White Throne judgement. (Rev. 20:11-15) compared to (21:21). But not all believe the chronological order is being followed with these events.

Quantrill

The New Jerusalem is a city built by God that will one day come down from heaven on this earth. Its description and dimensions were given in Rev. God Himself will dwell in that city. Jesus will dwell in that city. Its foundations will be named after the 12 apostles of the Lord. Its gates will be named after the 12 tribes of Israel.

There are differences of opinion concerning the Earth and Heaven. Some believe the Earth and Heaven will be completely destroyed and God will make another. Some believe the Earth and Heaven will be purged by fire and just renewed. It's hard to be dogmatic concerning either view.

But, one thing is sure, the Earth and Heaven will be new and will exist for eternity. The only description given of the new Earth is that there will be no more seas. (Rev. 21:1)

I personally believe Scripture is clear that the New Jerusalem is the Church. (Rev. 21:9-10) Others believe it is the place that represents all the redeemed. My point would be that the inheritance of the Earth is no less spiritual than a Heavenly inheritance. The Earth at this time will be a place where righteousness dwells. (2 Peter 3:13) In other words, the inheritance of the Earth to the Jewos, is just as important to God as the Heavenly inheritance of the Church. (Matt. 5:5)

Again, I am not being dogmatic, as my view still has problems. Just wading through commentators and comparing what I know in the Bible and what I can find in the Bible. Anyone's view is equally acceptable and equally with problems.

Some hold that the New Jerusalem will be a satellite city not coming all the way to Earth. I am inclined to this view also. It is of tremendous size. (Rev. 21:16) And it will be visible to the Earth.

How is it related to the Earth? Possibly it is from there that Christ rules with the Church. The Jerusalem on Earth might be where David will exercise the rule of Christ from. (Ezekiel 37:24) The New Jerusalem has relation to the Jerusalem on Earth as it's gates have the names of the 12 tribes of Israel. But it's foundation is the name of the 12 apostles, which identifies it with the church.

There are so many questions concerning it. Why does it have walls and angels guarding? (Rev. 21:12)

Quantrill
I agree that we can't be dogmatic about these things. We are told there will be no seas which makes me wonder if there will be fish. Perhaps in lakes and rivers, perhaps not. God reveals what we need to know.
I have wondered about the walls being guarded too.
The satellite theory could be so. The earth will be His footstool.

The New Jerusalem the City of God
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Interesting to note Jesus is getting a new name.

The New Jerusalem the City of God
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Interesting to note Jesus is getting a new name.
Yes and it will be amazing to hear the new name

I will always search and study Quantrill God willing.
But why will you not be here much longer?

Because the thread 'Critical Race Theory' involves race. And it has been my experience in the past, that most don't believes what God says about race. And if you say and believe what He says about race, then you are full of hate and a racist. Labeled a troll. And you get banned.

This is true of both Christian and secular forums. I just recently got banned again on a secular forum for that reason. And I have been banned on Christian forums for the same.

Quantrill

I'm not sure what to say Quantrill
A person who hates someone just because they are from a certain country will definitely be labelled racist.
Wisdom is not one of my strong points although I do pray for it.
As far as I can make out you are far from bring judgemental. I don't think God hates races as such, but rather it is the things they do. Such as idolatry, harems, persecutions etc. God does call people out from them.
We are apathetic nowadays. Paul hated idolatry so much he smashed the idols, I think in Diana's temple.
I am not going to ask you any questions on this because I don't want to be the cause of dispute.

I agree that we can't be dogmatic about these things. We are told there will be no seas which makes me wonder if there will be fish. Perhaps in lakes and rivers, perhaps not. God reveals what we need to know.
I have wondered about the walls being guarded too.
The satellite theory could be so. The earth will be His footstool.

I believe there will be fish, as we do have a river flowing from the throne of God. (Rev. 22:1) And Christ in His glorified body enjoyed eating fish. (John 21:9-13)

Yes, the walls clearly indicate restriction to who can come and go there. And protection. But then the question is 'from what'? God has made a new Heaven and Earth.

Another question is what people will populate the earth? Where do all the people go that come out of the Millennial reign of Christ? Because it must be a great number as people have continued to breed and have children for 1000 years under ideal conditions. Where did they go when God made a new Heaven and earth?

Quantrill

Back