Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is your own philosopphy on life?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

Chris

I thought this might be a fun topic, even as Christians there are things we notice ourselves about life that might benefit others by sharing. They can be funny or serious but preferably things you made up yourself or adapted.

A couple of mine:

1. It doesn't matter how you cook it or serve it up, all tinned fish is still cat food.

2. Be yourself- Not what not what you think others think you should be, God made you as you are. When we pretend to be someone other than we really are, we are being untrue to ourselves and rob from others the experience of knowing the real us. The real us God made is meant to enrich others lives.

Have fun with it, and I look forward to reading your shared wisdom.

cheers,
Chris

jasoncran said:
its not how good you are but you much you improved in your hobbie or sport.
one will die not doing a martial art perfectly.

quit looking for the perfect spouse cause you aint all that.

Well first of all I'm not in this world to live up to anyone's expectations, I don't let my peers and society crush and pressure me into something I don't like or wan't to be, or into something thats just wrong. I'm not trying to sound like a rebel and I'm not trying to be different or anything, I just don't care what people think of me because I'll be dead pretty soon and all of this will mean nothing. Even though I'm fifteen I say pretty soon I'm going to die because if you try to imagine your life as a timeline, and you believe you are going to spend an eternity somewhere, then even a hundred years seems extremely short. Its kind of depressing but whatever, its the truth. All of this doesn't mean I can't have fun while I'm still here though, I just don't care about most of the troubles and dilemas in my life.

After passing gas, turn the other cheek, and let go with another one. Breath deep the gathering gloom, watch lights fade from every room. :oops :lol

mdo757 said:
After passing gas, turn the other cheek, and let go with another one. Breath deep the gathering gloom, watch lights fade from every room. :oops :lol
awsome.. very deep

7ruth said:
Well first of all I'm not in this world to live up to anyone's expectations, I don't let my peers and society crush and pressure me into something I don't like or wan't to be, or into something thats just wrong. I'm not trying to sound like a rebel and I'm not trying to be different or anything, I just don't care what people think of me because I'll be dead pretty soon and all of this will mean nothing. Even though I'm fifteen I say pretty soon I'm going to die because if you try to imagine your life as a timeline, and you believe you are going to spend an eternity somewhere, then even a hundred years seems extremely short. Its kind of depressing but whatever, its the truth. All of this doesn't mean I can't have fun while I'm still here though, I just don't care about most of the troubles and dilemas in my life.

Spoken like a true 15 year old spoilt brat ! ... :thumbsup .. :clap

Some things you have to learn by experience, but when you get that rare chance to learn by a good example take it.

Life is short. The road is long

The closest thing we now have to eternity is the present

7ruth said:

I wish I was this mature when I was 15....

Oats said:
Some things you have to learn by experience, but when you get that rare chance to learn by a good example take it.

Life is short. The road is long

The closest thing we now have to eternity is the present

What planet are you kids from? I am amazed on a daily basis with your insight and maturity. Wow! :o

:clap for the young 'uns here! Some of the best young people on the planet hang out on this forum and I think it's great!

hmmm, personal philosophies of mine...

Go ahead and take the last slice of pizza.

Caffeine is a good thing!

God doesn't make mistakes, He fixes 'em.

10,000 years from now, it wont make that much difference, so don't worry about it.

(I'm going to add this, it is not my own, it is a quote from another wise young person I know.)

Be a better you than the you of yesterday.

l'Chante said:
Don't prognosticate today if you can prognosticate tomorrow.
lol.

that which doenst kill you will make you stonger, nitzche said that but tis the truth.

god is in the transformation business.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This especially applies to software or OS "upgrades". I don't think I've ever seen a major software upgrade that didn't cause more problems than it solved. If there's a new feature you can't do without, then go ahead, but if you don't need it, leave it alone.

Theofilus said:

This especially applies to software or OS "upgrades". I don't think I've ever seen a major software upgrade that didn't cause more problems than it solved. If there's a new feature you can't do without, then go ahead, but if you don't need it, leave it alone.

The best software upgrade to windows I ever got was Mac osx

@Chris said:
Theofilus said:

The best software upgrade to windows I ever got was Mac osx

How could I have forgotten about that one? I made that upgrade myself a few years ago, then I upgraded to Linux.

It sounds cliche, but this is honestly how I try to live.

Live like every day is your last. Doesn't you gotta go skydiving or all that nonsense the songs sing about. It just means that you gotta be nice and never let a good opportunity slip you by. Means you gotta always apologize to people for what you did, 'cause if I die tomorrow and I don't get to apologize, well that's a real bummer, huh?

This goes hand in hand with the last one, and it drives everyone around me nuts! Never set something in stone, if you can help it. I try to keep my calendar as clean as I can. The fewer appointments and places I have to be the better, because it means I got more time to do the random things that you may only get one chance at ever.

Shine at whatever it is you do. The Lord gives us gifts, we best do our best at them, even if there are things you may not particularly enjoy. Now, I am not a big fan of architecture, you see, but I took that architecture class because I knew I was good with imagining things in amazing detail. Well, that served me real well, because I managed to win our state's high school architecture competition two years in a row.

Life is just one giant second chance, you we oughta be sharing second chances with ever sucker we come across. You never know how a second chance could change someone and more so, you never know when it will come back to help ya.

In this life we only got two things. Our love for God and our honor for fellow man. You don't question another guys love for God, because that is between him and the Big Man. You never intentionally destroy a man's honor 'cause that is all anyone has to judge him by, he deserves to have no honor, sure enough, he'll destroy it all by himself.

Even better, in my experience: If it ain't fixed, don't break it.

Always use the restroom at work. You'll save money on water and TP at home. The break will do you good. Besides, I just like getting paid for it.

Tina said:
7ruth said:

Spoken like a true 15 year old spoilt brat ! ... :thumbsup .. :clap

What do you mean? How am I a spoiled brat?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back