Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What kind of Bible do you use?"

• Thread starter Nocturnal_Principal_X
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Sacred names King James version.

Basically King James which replaces transliterated names with the originals.

Ex.

The LORD = YHVH
God= Elohiym, El, Eloah, etc
Jesus = Yeshua
Christ = Mashiach, Messiah
Lord = Adonai
And so on....

I'm also a BIG believer in the use of concordances to understand the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek as often times translations miss the mark, idioms are lost, and so on.

I have a few different Bibles but my favourite is a NRSV Catholic Youth Study Bible. It has a lot of commentary and an index for searching specific topics and keywords. I'm planning to do a "cover to cover" reading of the Bible soon, and I think it will be helpful.

I prefer the KJV bible because I feel it is the most accurate english bible. I find many newer versions using less accurate words leading to more mistranslation and misunderstanding of the teachings in my opinion.

The more you try to modernize a text, the more you lose in translation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back