Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What will happen to Christians who reject the Sabbath?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

reddogs

I was asked the question, "What will happen to all those Christians who don't worship on the Sabbath?" I gave the following answer... there are some verses that give a clear answer. Here is what best applies....
Acts 17:24-30
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

When we unknowingly make a honest mistake, Gods grace is sufficient and He winks at our ignorance. But when we in all fullness of understanding knowingly do it.......

Hey All,

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Paul says it is up to the believer to decide. I can leave it at that.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

We all sin; we all misunderstand things about Christianity, including in our own daily walk.

Christians who reject the Sabbath will probably backslide spiritually. Sabbath is there to recharge us. If you don't set aside a day to honor God, that is just a natural consequence. Or, if we don't set it aside in God's way, as he commanded us--things will just occur as a natural consequence of that. When in doubt, when you don't understand it all: just obey.

The thing is, we need to be straightforward when it comes to Gods truth and not rebel against it, as we see what Samuel said to King Saul...

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

The old covenant only pointed to Christ coming and establishing the new covenant!

Christians cannot continue Jewish practices or you are declaring that Christ has not come!

1 John 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the fleshis not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The old covenant only pointed to Christ coming and establishing the new covenant!

Christians cannot continue Jewish practices or you are declaring that Christ has not come!

1 John 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the fleshis not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
I don't understand your answer.

Jeremiah 31: 31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me,
from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Verse 34 brings us to Hebrews 8: 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Hebrews doesn't tell us God found fault with it, the old covenent, but with them. So this brings us to 2Corinthians 3.

2Corinthians 3: 3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

This brings us to John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

We know from the promise of the new covenant that no one will have to teach anyone else who God is. And in here we see that to know God is eternal life. What a promise.

I was asked the question, "What will happen to all those Christians who don't worship on the Sabbath?" I gave the following answer... there are some verses that give a clear answer. Here is what best applies....
Acts 17:24-30
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

When we unknowingly make a honest mistake, Gods grace is sufficient and He winks at our ignorance. But when we in all fullness of understanding knowingly do it.......

Please share the New Testament scriptures that instruct us as to specifically how the Church is to observe the sabbath under the New Covenant.

Here is how the children of Israel were instructed to observe the sabbath under the law of Moses.

Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15

JLB

This is directed at no one in particular. Pretty much everyone knows what Adventists say abpit the mark of the beast. So I'm addressing that only,

My heavenly Father is just and fair. That means nothing to do with anyone's eternal destiny will sneak up on them. Everyone will have the opportunity to decide what their decision will be. No one will make that decision in a state of ignorance about the issues involved. God is loving beyond our comprehension so stop worrying about it as the HS will help you make the correct decision.

This is directed at no one in particular. Pretty much everyone knows what Adventists say abpit the mark of the beast. So I'm addressing that only,

My heavenly Father is just and fair. That means nothing to do with anyone's eternal destiny will sneak up on them. Everyone will have the opportunity to decide what their decision will be. No one will make that decision in a state of ignorance about the issues involved. God is loving beyond our comprehension so stop worrying about it as the HS will help you make the correct decision.

Please share the New Testament scriptures that instruct us as to specifically how the Church is to observe the sabbath under the New Covenant.

Here is how the children of Israel were instructed to observe the sabbath under the law of Moses.

Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15

JLB

JLB
How many quotes would you like?

Galatians 5: 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Now law means no law. It doesn't mean some laws the Spirit will allow us to break. Therefore as the 4th is a law the fruit of the Spirit will make us able to keep. It is still in force. Paul never said it's OK to break God's law.

Romans 7: 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And here is an OT text I'm throwing in for free.

Ezekiel 36: 25 ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Why a heart of flesh? I wondered about this for a while. It's because it is the opposite of stone. It's soft and pliable meaning easy to reshape. My heavenly Father has scattered these promises all throughout the Bible.

How many quotes would you like?

Galatians 5: 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Now law means no law. It doesn't mean some laws the Spirit will allow us to break. Therefore as the 4th is a law the fruit of the Spirit will make us able to keep. It is still in force. Paul never said it's OK to break God's law.

Romans 7: 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And here is an OT text I'm throwing in for free.

Ezekiel 36: 25 ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Why a heart of flesh? I wondered about this for a while. It's because it is the opposite of stone. It's soft and pliable meaning easy to reshape. My heavenly Father has scattered these promises all throughout the Bible.

So far nothing you have posted instructs us how we as Christians are to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

Let me know when you find one.

So far nothing you have posted instructs us how we as Christians are to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

The new covenant was given to a Jew, Jeremiah, and was made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

However Luke, a Gentile, left us instructions on how to keep the Sabbath.

Acts 13: 42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 ¶ And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Study Gods word. Assemble together for worship, prayer and study.

Paul said the following:

Hebrews 10: 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The new covenant was given to a Jew, Jeremiah, and was made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Acts 13: 42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 ¶ And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Paul said the following:

Hebrews 10: 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
What exactly constitutes “worship”?
Public worship?

Paul said the following:

Based on the scripture you gave, it seems you are indicating that we as Christians must go to a Synagogue, where Jews who deny Jesus as Messiah gather.

Based on your statement, you do have any scripture that instructs Christians as to how to observe the Sabbath, since the scripture you quoted makes no mention of what you stated.

Based on the scripture you gave, it seems you are indicating that we as Christians must go to a Synagogue, where Jews who deny Jesus as Messiah gather.

Based on your statement, you do have any scripture that instructs Christians as to how to observe the Sabbath, since the scripture you quoted makes no mention of what you stated.
I'm sorry, but you make me chuckle. Nothing quite like deliberately missing the point.

I'm sorry, but you make me chuckle. Nothing quite like deliberately missing the point.

Again the scripture you gave mentioned nothing at all about the Church observing the Sabbath.

Because Paul used the opportunity of the Sabbath when Jews were at the Synagogue to teach them about Christ has nothing whatsoever to do with Christians observing the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

There is no instruction from Jesus or Paul or anyone about observing the Sabbath.

JLB

Again the scripture you gave mentioned nothing at all about the Church observing the Sabbath.

Because Paul used the opportunity of the Sabbath when Jews were at the Synagogue to teach them about Christ has nothing whatsoever to do with Christians observing the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

There is no instruction from Jesus or Paul or anyone about observing the Sabbath.

JLB
Believe what you wish. If you can't see Gentiles were worshiping on sabbath I'd say it's deliberate blindness.

Do we need a Levitical priest to lead the service ?
How about the robes and incense and such ?

Reactions: JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back