Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What will happen to Christians who reject the Sabbath?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Your fallacy is showing again with your next to the last comment. There are no low order priests any more. The last priest of the order of Melchesedic was Jesus.
Where does scripture say he is last priest?

You can’t be a high priest unless you have authority over lower priests of the same order!

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” “low priests” under the authority of Christ the “high priest”!

With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Matt 22:14 Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24
Where do you get that? Definitely not from scripture.

Where does scripture say he is last priest?
The priesthood changed with Aaron and with Jesus. Where is your scripture supporting the idea Jesus created another priesthood.

In heaven the saved will be a nation of kings and priests.

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The priesthood changed with Aaron and with Jesus. Where is your scripture supporting the idea Jesus created another priesthood.

In heaven the saved will be a nation of kings and priests.

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
All Christians are of the royal priesthood but that’s not the order of melchisedec of which Christ is high priest and the apostles and their successors are low priests

Christ is eternal priest heb 7:17 and has an eternal sacrifice

Jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Jesus Christ at the last supper ordained the apostles as priests in the order of melchisedec, to offer His eternal sacrifice as he commanded them; do this in memory of me.

Do this in remembrance of me!

Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:24
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:25
After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Prophecy of the new covenant church!

Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

All Christians are of the royal priesthood but that’s not the order of melchisedec of which Christ is high priest and the apostles and their successors are low priests

Christ is eternal priest heb 7:17 and has an eternal sacrifice

Jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Jesus Christ at the last supper ordained the apostles as priests in the order of melchisedec, to offer His eternal sacrifice as he commanded them; do this in memory of me.

Do this in remembrance of me!

Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:24
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:25
After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Prophecy of the new covenant church!

Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.
So you've gone from scoffing to quoting scripture? What do all the quotes have to do with what we've been discussing? I don't see the connection.

God has always had His church. I don't believe there is a whit of difference between them as the ceremonial laws pointed forward to Jesus and we are looking back at Him. The new covenant is just about writing all 10 commandments in our hearts. God placed the 4th commandment in the 10 so they are all moral laws whether or not a person believes it or not. Our belief, or unbelief, changes nothing.

We’re not Jewish but Christian
The body of Christ is a Temple!
Jn 2:21
He has been glorified but He is still a human being. How do millions of people fit in His body? Besides He is in heaven until it is too late to use His body as a temple.

Revelation 22: 10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

You can’t be a high priest unless you have authority over lower priests of the same order!

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” “low priests” under the authority of Christ the “high priest”!

With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Matt 22:14 Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24
Not a single one of those verses say anyone was ordained as a priest.

Believe what you wish. If you can't see Gentiles were worshiping on sabbath I'd say it's deliberate blindness.

Hi I am new here
My very 1st post
Only wish to say
This controvery is as **old as the hills**, = No resolution/compromise/agreements,,, and
Will not be any resolution..Its not like the deniers of the Holy Sabbath are going to utter
**wow I now see exactly what you are getting at Gary,,thanks,, I am so glad I know the truth about what day we are to gather as a Holy Assembly**
= NOT going to happen
Last comment
Wait til Yeshua really begins to usher in His Kingdom, making the Holy sabbath the 1 day of the week that no man, nadie, is allowed to work..wow, this judgement is already happening now as I type, but I prefer not to express my thougths further. Only to say it is happening NOW.
another last comment,, I note some mention **The Sabbath** w/o explicating exactly which day,, some old protestants actually call Sunday *The Sabbath**, WE all need to be on the same page, THe day of the week which is given by God's command as the day for rest/fellowship is the day we call ~~~Saturday~~~.
If the protestants wish to observe Sunday thats their business.
I observe Saturday. and i am not open to debate that I am mistaken.
= always will be the sunday assembliers and the EVER GROWING(= The Awakening) Saturday assembliers.
THe sunday assembliers will not *ever* be convinced. I know from 40+ years of experience having discussions with the Sunday groups.

Believe what you wish. If you can't see Gentiles were worshiping on sabbath I'd say it's deliberate blindness.

First of all, I asked you to give a scripture that teaches us how Christians are to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

Worship on the Sabbath or any other day was never mentioned by me.

However there is no mention in your post about worship on the Sabbath, either.

Here is your post.

Galatians 5: 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Now law means no law. It doesn't mean some laws the Spirit will allow us to break. Therefore as the 4th is a law the fruit of the Spirit will make us able to keep. It is still in force. Paul never said it's OK to break God's law.

Romans 7: 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And here is an OT text I'm throwing in for free.

Ezekiel 36: 25 ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Why a heart of flesh? I wondered about this for a while. It's because it is the opposite of stone. It's soft and pliable meaning easy to reshape. My heavenly Father has scattered these promises all throughout the Bible.

The word Sabbath or Worship in never mentioned in any scripture you posted.

You seem very confused.

JLB

Amen. We need to all be on the same page.

Welcome to the Forum.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Blessings to you and your family.

JLB

Hi Thanks
'Last comment on this topic
Does not Paul and Peter give us advice to avoid such types of discussions as FRUITLESS = a waste of time. I believe so.
Now this means we have a building, some will gather on Saturday and many more will gather on sunday = DIVISION = Evil = Antichrist
I will not fellowship on a sunday.
Now who is to decide about the building's open for business hours as the much larger group meets on Sunady,, they will say we pay most of the bills (= tithes) so If you saturady group don't like it, go somewhere else.
Thats exactly how that will go down
Which is why I would not even participate with any sunday group.
Now who is to decide???
hummm hard tough Q,,,
Oh I know
God, we will let God decide
How genius is that.
Yeshua will let us know, I know He will, Yeshua has risen and is ALIVE and Watching, Yeshua is watching observing..You may not see Him, but trust me He is EVER **there**.
Now if Yeshua rules in the satuday groups favor, then that should/would settle the matter
Right??
Nope, The sunday group has no plans to budge.
Ohhh I know the sunday group ohh so so sooooo well.
40+ yrs observing the sunday group.
I am trying to be as civil polite, non inflamatory as humanely possible
But this is the last epoch of Gentile rule and we have little time to lose,, Or do you not see Israel in a fight for its very existence????
= I have to be staright up , yet stay as cool headed as possible,
If I say things some do not like ,, just click the Ignore button,,if there is one, this way you never have to see any of my posts. .
Or do you think Yeshua went around **Ohh look scribes and pharasees, let me go debate them and argue...**
Yeshua never made any attempt to go seek out a debate, Trouble always came to him,,,,
WE need to take Paul/Peters advice and move away from which day is the Sabbath.
= UNedifying, = Divisive... If Sunday floats your boat, great.
and if Yeshua shows you Saturday, even greater.
But I am not going to scripture debate.
Why would I ???

First of all, I asked you to give a scripture that teaches us how Christians are to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

Worship on the Sabbath or any other day was never mentioned by me.

However there is no mention in your post about worship on the Sabbath, either.

Here is your post.

Galatians 5: 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Now law means no law. It doesn't mean some laws the Spirit will allow us to break. Therefore as the 4th is a law the fruit of the Spirit will make us able to keep. It is still in force. Paul never said it's OK to break God's law.

Romans 7: 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And here is an OT text I'm throwing in for free.

Ezekiel 36: 25 ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Why a heart of flesh? I wondered about this for a while. It's because it is the opposite of stone. It's soft and pliable meaning easy to reshape. My heavenly Father has scattered these promises all throughout the Bible.

The word Sabbath or Worship in never mentioned in any scripture you posted.

You seem very confused.

JLB
Nope. I didn't mention the Sabbath directly. I showed that Paul didn't teach keeping Sunday. He said that faith doesn't abrogate the law and neither does the fruit of the Spirit. And that Ezekiel taught us that through God's power we are made capable of keeping God's law.

Does it bother you that I approached the question obliquely? I figured you were intelligent enough to catch my drift/

Hi Thanks
'Last comment on this topic
Does not Paul and Peter give us advice to avoid such types of discussions as FRUITLESS = a waste of time. I believe so.
Now this means we have a building, some will gather on Saturday and many more will gather on sunday = DIVISION = Evil = Antichrist
I will not fellowship on a sunday.
Now who is to decide about the building's open for business hours as the much larger group meets on Sunady,, they will say we pay most of the bills (= tithes) so If you saturady group don't like it, go somewhere else.
Thats exactly how that will go down
Which is why I would not even participate with any sunday group.
Now who is to decide???
hummm hard tough Q,,,
Oh I know
God, we will let God decide
How genius is that.
Yeshua will let us know, I know He will, Yeshua has risen and is ALIVE and Watching, Yeshua is watching observing..You may not see Him, but trust me He is EVER **there**.
Now if Yeshua rules in the satuday groups favor, then that should/would settle the matter
Right??
Nope, The sunday group has no plans to budge.
Ohhh I know the sunday group ohh so so sooooo well.
40+ yrs observing the sunday group.
I am trying to be as civil polite, non inflamatory as humanely possible
But this is the last epoch of Gentile rule and we have little time to lose,, Or do you not see Israel in a fight for its very existence????
= I have to be staright up , yet stay as cool headed as possible,
If I say things some do not like ,, just click the Ignore button,,if there is one, this way you never have to see any of my posts. .
Or do you think Yeshua went around **Ohh look scribes and pharasees, let me go debate them and argue...**
Yeshua never made any attempt to go seek out a debate, Trouble always came to him,,,,
WE need to take Paul/Peters advice and move away from which day is the Sabbath.
= UNedifying, = Divisive... If Sunday floats your boat, great.
and if Yeshua shows you Saturday, even greater.
But I am not going to scripture debate.
Why would I ???
I have been studying this for decades and I recognize what you said. However did Jesus, the disciples, or Paul quit preaching the truth because self righteous people set in their ways didn't accept it? I say there are people who will accept the truth. As Paul said, one man sows and another reaps but God gives the increase. Besides, my prayer list is massive as I post on several Christian forums. I have put everyone who reads my posts on my prayer list. As I have no idea how many or who the are I have asked my heavenly Father that He needs to keep track of them and send the HS to work on their hearts as I'm a huge believer in the power of prayer. Neither you nor I can convince anyone to accept the truth. The only person who can do that is the HS.

Where does Yeshua say
**and Oh btw I am changing the fellowship day, the day we all rest in God... to ,,,~~~Sunday~~~ as I can see ahead via vision this will be the day that Constintine will officiate as the day that my sheep should meet up..***
and Paul
**Hey God just gave me a Revelation, lets cancel Saturday and make ~~Sunday~~ as the rest Holy Day, the day we will all meet up for Torah study**.
Yeshua and Paul, Peter never brought the topic us as they all figured it would be common sense to know what day is the Sabbath and what day is not.
Yeshua's Kingdom can not have Messianic's meeting up on Saturday and gentiles meeting up on Sundays,, That is division, = a big fat no`no in Yeshua's Kingdom.
hard to believe we are discussing this issue now in 2024.

Where does Yeshua say
**and Oh btw I am changing the fellowship day, the day we all rest in God... to ,,,~~~Sunday~~~ as I can see ahead via vision this will be the day that Constintine will officiate as the day that my sheep should meet up..***
and Paul
**Hey God just gave me a Revelation, lets cancel Saturday and make ~~Sunday~~ as the rest Holy Day, the day we will all meet up for Torah study**.
Yeshua and Paul, Peter never brought the topic us as they all figured it would be common sense to know what day is the Sabbath and what day is not.
Yeshua's Kingdom can not have Messianic's meeting up on Saturday and gentiles meeting up on Sundays,, That is division, = a big fat no`no in Yeshua's Kingdom.
Are you also in favor of reinstating circumcision ?
To me, everyday is the Lords day.

Where does Yeshua say
and Paul

Yes I see your intent. Not to become embroiled in any schismatic debate, confrontation.
Those days are longggggg gone.
Today is a new day
Yeshua's Kingdom begins with us here and now. Building
Living Stones Peter reminds us.
Sure Paul and Peter may have had some discussions (heated?? who knows)
But both are on Yeshua's path for a Kingdom united.
So glad to see you are of a reconciling spirit.
Everyone wants Yeshua's Kingdom to come
WEll the only possible way this can become a reality , is by unity. There is no other way,

Are you also in favor of reinstating circumcision ?
To me, everyday is the Lords day.
Every day is God's day
But make double sure that Saturday is a day you do no work and that you fellowship with the brethern.
The Sabbath is Holy, not to be profaned. = No work + Torah study.
The other 6 days you can work 24/7 if you like. ..well Sabbath starts 6pm Friday, and ends in my book Sunday sunrise.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back