Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

what would real satanism look like

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What would real satanism look like? It would not have one look, but be adaptable to the particular situation of the intended target. For anyone caught up in satanism, it would look absolutely reasonable and seem self satisfying.

Yes, religions can have Satan's influence-denominations can have his influence as well, look at churches openly accepting homosexuality and not refuting it as sin. Religions have a human component, and we humans have free will and are fallible, which gives Satan an entry; that is why it is important to have a personal relationship with Christ and rely on faith in Him. It is the individual, not the religous group that is saved by the Grace of God. All things of man needs to be tested by fire before believing- learned that one the hard way.

If Satan was the author of the Holy Bible, he would be victorious over Christ, this is not the case. Why would any being author a book and proclaim eternal defeat? In the Old Testiment, one was to sacrifice his best lamb to God, the Lord sacrificed His best lamb (Christ) for us.

First, I'm sorry, but I won't stand by and keep silent about this. Homosexuals are born that way. It's a fact and if you disagree your ignorant or your being lied to. So if you have a problem with how people are born, then you better consider your standing whatever you feel is behind what makes them that way (God).

I'll let you get the last word on this and keep silent from there out unless anyone asks to hear what I think or if anyone challenges the my ideas and calls me out. This is your warning, if you want to see what I'm like when I get angry and debate like I mean it then press me on this.

This might be the best answer yet, though I want to push it a little more if you don't mind. How do you know the one Called God in the bible is not Satan? so when the bible declares victory over Satan it's really Satan saying he beat god.

What would real satanism look like? It would not have one look, but be adaptable to the particular situation of the intended target. For anyone caught up in satanism, it would look absolutely reasonable and seem self satisfying.

What would you say to the 33,000+ (According to the World Christian Encyclopedia) denominations of Christianity then?

First, I'm sorry, but I won't stand by and keep silent about this. Homosexuals are born that way. It's a fact and if you disagree your ignorant or your being lied to. So if you have a problem with how people are born, then you better consider your standing whatever you feel is behind what makes them that way (God).

I'll let you get the last word on this and keep silent from there out unless anyone asks to hear what I think or if anyone challenges the my ideas and calls me out. This is your warning, if you want to see what I'm like when I get angry and debate like I mean it then press me on this.
Sorry my friend but it doesn't really matter what you or I think. What matters is what God's word says. We were just talking about this on another thread. I am an alcoholic and there is not a scientist or whoever you care to quote that will not tell you that I wasn't born this way. I was. However, alcoholism is a sin according to scripture-just as homosexuality is. Is a homosexual born that way? Maybe-maybe not-the answer is totally irrelevant. Either way it is a sin according to scripture.
Westtexas

This might be the best answer yet, though I want to push it a little more if you don't mind. How do you know the one Called God in the bible is not Satan? so when the bible declares victory over Satan it's really Satan saying he beat god.

We will have to respectfully agree to disagree on the matter of being born a homosexual or not, that was not the point I was attempting to make. To clarify the point I was making, I will use myself as an example. A few years ago, I started attending church after a long absence, I also had a drinking problem. While I, as a person, was accepted into the church, my sin of over indulgence in beer was not. While I was never made to feel like a low life drunk, it was pointed out to me the sin I committed. The church accepted me, but condemned the sin (according to God's Word), long story short- love the person, not the sin.

You can pm me your views on the thread topic to spare others any of your anger or being offended, call it curiosity on my part. I'll be waiting with sword and shield.

To the Satan being God. If I Am, Alpha and Omega, was also known as Satan, then Satan, as he has been revealed to us in the realm of believers of a higher power would not exist, he would not be evil, but good. This is the same as stating what if good was evil and evil was good? If this was the case, then we would strive to be evil based on the definition because that would be what is defined as good today. What you have is two powerful beings, yet one is of lesser power (Satan) and must account to the other (God), hence Satan is defeated in the end and cast in the lake of fire. As stated before, Satan would not inspire a book in which he is defeated in the end. Not sure if that was what you were looking for or not.

What would you say to the 33,000+ (According to the World Christian Encyclopedia) denominations of Christianity then?

The members of those denominations are fallible, they have free will, therefore are capable of allowing Satan's influence. Let me reiterate, the members are fallible, not the Word. Think, for a moment, of church as a physical rehab center. A person who needs to strengthen a knee after surgery will typically go through rehab to gain strength. What if that person, who needs rehab, gets a tech who is weak in knowledge, more damage can be done to the knee than pre-surgery. People attend church to worship God, think of it as spiritual rehab. If a leader succumbs to the temptation of Satan, that leader can do damage to a person that drives them away from Christ. Satan comes as a wolf in sheeps clothing, all words and actions of man need to be tested by fire in order to determine they are truth.

To the Satan being God. If I Am, Alpha and Omega, was also known as Satan, then Satan, as he has been revealed to us in the realm of believers of a higher power would not exist, he would not be evil, but good. This is the same as stating what if good was evil and evil was good? If this was the case, then we would strive to be evil based on the definition because that would be what is defined as good today. What you have is two powerful beings, yet one is of lesser power (Satan) and must account to the other (God), hence Satan is defeated in the end and cast in the lake of fire. As stated before, Satan would not inspire a book in which he is defeated in the end. Not sure if that was what you were looking for or not.

Yes, this was what I was looking for. Good answer. I think anything else I can offer as challenges would be little more then nitpicking.

The members of those denominations are fallible, they have free will, therefore are capable of allowing Satan's influence. Let me reiterate, the members are fallible, not the Word. Think, for a moment, of church as a physical rehab center. A person who needs to strengthen a knee after surgery will typically go through rehab to gain strength. What if that person, who needs rehab, gets a tech who is weak in knowledge, more damage can be done to the knee than pre-surgery. People attend church to worship God, think of it as spiritual rehab. If a leader succumbs to the temptation of Satan, that leader can do damage to a person that drives them away from Christ. Satan comes as a wolf in sheeps clothing, all words and actions of man need to be tested by fire in order to determine they are truth.

It sounds as if you are saying all other blends of spirituality are satanically influenced, is that what you mean? or just some of them?
May I also ask how you have tested your personal religions ideas?

Thanks everyone for your replies it's been a lot of fun and very thought provoking. I'll stick around for a while and I'll be happy to answer anything else if anyone else is still interested, but I think I've learned what I wanted to.

Thanks again.

I'll make this easy on you. I'm locking this thread. And then I'm going to take care of any potential to see what you're like when you get angry. :grumpy

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back