Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What Your Opinion of The "Purpose Driven Life"?

Hey catlover, et al. Your post intrigued me. I enjoyed the book, but it didn't take me deep enough. I am living and breathing the topic of meaning and purpose in life with my dissertation right now and just created a course on this topic. Praying 4 u all. Be blessed.
Old ,very old thread .

I have never read the book and read little Bible 'interpretation' for the simple fact that 'if' 'IF' God so desires that I understand His will, it will be offered. If not, then it doesn't matter how hard 'I' try, it will be hidden from me. By reading what others offer as 'their' understanding, the most I could possibly gain from it is 'their' understanding.

Ephesians 4:11-15 (NASB)
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;
15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,
Hebrews 5:11-12 (NASB)
11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

Since we are all mostly uncertain about much of God's will, it is very easy to be swayed by those that 'indicate' that their understanding is 'greater'.

This "indicating" seems to be exactly what you're doing here. You have asserted quite confidently your understanding that "we are all mostly uncertain about much of God's will." I take it your understanding here is exempted from the "mostly uncertain" category?

Men following men instead of God is nothing more than the 'blind leading the blind'.

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 (NASB)
15 For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.
16 Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me.
1 Corinthians 11:1 (NASB)
1 Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.

Look, Christ sat a child on His knee and explained to His followers that the kingdom of heaven would be inherited by such as these. He wasn't simply referring to children because of their 'young age', he was referring to their 'innocence' as far as 'evil' is concerned.

Does he say this? Or are you just offering your own understanding of his words here?

ANYONE that opens their hearts to God's love is capable of knowing 'all that they need' in order to 'please God'.

Oh? Then why the New Testament so full of explanations, and instructions, and prohibitions to Christians who have "opened their hearts to God's love"?

The churches would teach something different than this but I promise you that those that 'follow' God through their hearts are plenty capable of 'pleasing' God with or without a 'church'.

Proverbs 28:26 (NASB)
26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool...
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NASB)
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

The indication here is that with fastings, prayer and obedience, there is possibly NO NEED for a Bible.

Isn't this you doing the very thing you condemned earlier: Offering a man's understanding of God and His truth? Looks like it to me...

A personal relationship with the Father through His Son is what we should ALL seek.

Says who? You? Or did you read this, perhaps, in the Bible you think is so unnecessary?

Back