Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What's the primary purpose why God created man?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I was so slow in understanding what you were referring to. :thudConversing with God I understand. I must admit you "dried out old corn cob" you had me going on that one. :stupid I won't even come close to what I thought you were saying. :eek2 I'm afraid I'd loose my sanctification. :cries Thank you Jason for making it plain.

The purpose is to create children unto Himself. He does this by revealing the Light that He is, in the midst of darkness which He isn't. Freewill has nothing to do with it. Says so right here.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Last edited:
The purpose is to create children unto Himself. He does this by revealing the Light that He is, in the midst of darkness which He isn't. Freewill has nothing to do with it. Says so right here.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
I'm not at all what you are saying here, please, if it is not to much trouble, can you explain?

I'm not at all what you are saying here, please, if it is not to much trouble, can you explain?
I am willing to try my best Mr. Taylor. I don't believe it is by free-will that the children of God are manifested. I believe that it is by grace through faith.

If I may, I would point out that if it were by free-will that men believed, that would mean every person has an equal chance of believing in the Gospel. But that simply isn't true according to scripture. Some can believe and some cannot. Therefore I posted scripture saying that it is not by any person's will that a person receives Christ. Here is some more.
Matthew 13:4-9King James Version (KJV)
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

Maybe he felt like doing something constructive. Chilling out from eternity he might have got bored and decided to create some friends, like us, so one day he just decided let there be light.

Interesting thought childeye, BUT, IMO, free will has everything to do with God's plan to have followers who want to follow, not made to. See my post #5.

The reason your statement about free will doesn't hold water is found in V.12, "But as many as received him", there's the free will. And, "even to them that believe on his name" again, free will. Salvation, according to V.13 is God's work, not man's.

I am willing to try my best Mr. Taylor. I don't believe it is by free-will that the children of God are manifested. I believe that it is by grace through faith.

If I may, I would point out that if it were by free-will that men believed, that would mean every person has an equal chance of believing in the Gospel. But that simply isn't true according to scripture. Some can believe and some cannot. Therefore I posted scripture saying that it is not by any person's will that a person receives Christ. Here is some more.
Matthew 13:4-9King James Version (KJV)
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

It is my opinion that other than the "elect of God" and those of whom God hardens their hearts, all people have a chance to be saved.

Hi Classik. Your post intrigued me. I am living and breathing the topic of meaning and purpose in life with my dissertation right now and just created a course on this topic. Praying 4 u. Be blessed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back