Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

When Celebrities Attack

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Danus

Recently there have been stories of celebrities attacking people. Often times when we hear about these stories we tend to want to point the finger at, or blame the celebrity in question. However, the truth is, we've only ourselves to blame.

Much is simply misunderstood about celebrities, their habits, their life, and behavior. I have spent years studying creatures we call Celebrities, and I can tell you they are not so dangerous as we might think, however how we handle them in the wild can make all the difference between injury and law suits vs a happy encounter with these these fascinating, beautiful and wonderful creatures. So I'd like to just share a few do's and don't when encountering a celebrity in the wild.

Rule 1. Never feed a celebrity.
Celebrities feed on very specific diets. Their intake really depends on their survival. They may be eating a lot or very little and either way they are feeding for either an upcoming role, and particular look, or depression.
celebrities_diets_1011.jpg

We may think they like the same foods we do, and that's true, but often they eat alone. offering them food usually will only scare them away, and leaving food out for a celebrity is just a waste of money. So unless your handling a celebrity and they ask you to feed them, or fetch a particular food item for them, just don't do it.

Rule 2. Always make eye contact and smile.
Celebrities like to be noticed. If you see one in the wild go ahead and stare at them. It's a good idea to smile as you stare. they like that. Doing this helps the celebrity to remain calm and content. that's what you want.

Here we see my assistant Jan demonstrating this technique with a female variety of celebrity called a Halle Berry .
halle_berry_is_all_loved_up.jpg

This particular celebrity has been known to lash out, but as you can see here, all is well. The male with her is also a celebrity and you'll notice his presents seems to add to the calm nature of this Halle Berry.

Rule 3. Speaking to Celebrities
Unlike other wild creatures, it's OK to speak to a celebrity. they will often speak back to you, but your approach could make the difference between life or injury.

I have a three part system when it comes to speaking to celebrities in the wild. Smile, eye contact, greeting. That's it. It's best not to ask them questions, unless you ask them; "Can I have a photo?" or "may I get your picture?" This is very effective and often they will invite you to be in the picture with them.
Here are some examples from my assistant Jim, and as you can see there is no violence, although I decided to stay at a distance for my own saftey.
Skippy-top.jpg

You'll notice that often time celebrities will not smile in these photos. Don't be disappointed with this. They'd rather you smile as if your the lucky one to even be in their presents and if you think about it that is true.

rule 4. Never surprise a celebrity.
Most celebrity attacks happen when the celebrity is caught off guard, or feels threatened. This can happen if you bump into a celebrity or rush them, or say something inappropriate to them.
images

images

For the most part they are harmless and will often run away. Usually ducking out of a back door, or just pathetically hiding.
images

However, sometimes they simply attack.
images

You need to know what to look for and what to do when celebrities attack.

First thing to know is that most celebrities are not dangerous. Many of them think they can fight because they have been posed as fighters or avengers in captivity. As we see here, this one can't even land a punch, but he looks great.
images

He's been taught this behavior in captivity but as you can see it does not transfer well in the wild.

Celebrities will use anything as a weapon
images

Here we see an older celebrity called a Nick Nolte attacking with a spray bottle.

Look for facial expressions to gain a clue of an inmate attack.
images

First thing you want to do is take shelter. Here we see a victim in the saftey of a car, but as you can see the celebrity is still attacking. In this case we see again how celebrities can't actually fight and will use anything as a weapon.
images

Again another bad weapon choice, but the celebrity is fleeing
images

often a celebrity will try to get you to let down your guard before attacking. Here we see a celebrity trying to negotiate in some way before the attack. best to run when this happens.
images

Odd as it seems, celebrities like cameras mostly in captivity. not so much in the wild. so, it's a bad assumption to think their behavior will be the same in the wild. It's simply not true. rushing them, surprising them, talking at them AND snapping photos of them will make most celebrities feel threatened and put you at high risk for a possible attack, as we see here.

images

image.jpg

images

Again keep in mind, most celebrities can't actually fight very well and usually the attacks are nothing more than a little hurt pride or scrape, but you should keep these helpful tips in mind because most celebrities, although nice, are just crazy. and unpredictable.

images

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading that story on Alec Baldwin and it just got me thinking about how these people see themselves, how we see them, and I could not stop laughing about my thoughts on it, so I just wanted to share.

Hi, Danus -

There's a rule I've always used when approaching celebrities. Perhaps the rule is something you would also like to consider in certain situations:

Rule: When approaching a male variety of celebrity, always ascertain previously that you will not tower over said male celebrity, especially if you are female. This way, you will not be wearing 4 inch heels when greeting someone like, say, Phil Collins. He will glance once up at you, snarl, make a couple of not very nice indeed comments, then skulk away and ponder moodily on the injustice of height allowances.

I can guarantee that if this rule is not adhered to faithfully, you will NOT be able to get that smiley picture of a celebrity.

:wave

(True case example)

Glad you liked it.

There is however, some truth in it, don't you think? :lol

I've meet two celebrities of which I hung around and had some conversation with. One was John Goodman and the other was David Byrne

This was back in the late 80's and John Goodman was not as well known. David Byrne is the lead singer for the Talking Heads.

The occasion was a premier in Dallas for a movie called "True Stories" Directed by and starring David Byrne.
View attachment 2493

I did not speak much to David Byrne. I meet him and he said; "hello I'm David Byrne. Did you like my movie?" "Yes"; I said. "it was very interesting". Then he said; "It open in big cities every where." Then he turned and walked away. The movie was very odd and art'sy, but I did not want to hurt his feelings about it. Not my cup of tea, but it was entertaining.

I had a lengthy conversation with John Goodman at the bar. He told me all about himself and his career, even asked me questions. Nice Guy. From then on he was in all sorts of films.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back