Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] When did humans seperate from apes?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
jasoncran said:
interesting read. and this site is neutral in the debate on evolution. probably for , but it noticed some flawed reaserch on "lucy" and her discoevery.

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/information/about/

I like this quote from the link you provided:

Teaching kids about science is not enough, we should get our children excited about it. We should teach them to ask questions and not give up until they understand the answers, or research and check for themselves. This is the best way of creating a new generation of rational, contributing members of society, who can benefit the world and, perhaps, with some luck and motivation, eradicate scientific ignorance forever.

Remember: True science is about experimentation and observation. If you use your brain to do some thinking, the world is at your feet!

that is what science is supposed to be. man i should have let my interesting in astronomy take root and went into that field.

i used to be able to name all the major constellations when i was a kid.(10yrs old).

The Barbarian said:
Lucy’s entire skeleton was found about two and a half kilometers from the site in which the bipedal knee joint was found

Hmmm... I remember reading about that claim...

Not true, but in most cases, it's a misunderstanding, not an intentional deception.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/knee-joint.html

"Lucy" has in no way contributed to answering the problem of the rise of humans. According to The Smithsonian's Anthropology department, nothing is sure from Ergaster and back.

While scientists used to think that H. habilis was the ancestor of Homo erectus, recent discoveries in 2000 of a relatively late 1.44 million-year-old Homo habilis (KNM-ER 42703) and a relatively early 1.55 million-year-old H. erectus (KNM-ER 42700) from the same area of northern Kenya (Ileret, Lake Turkana) challenged the conventional view that these species evolved one after the other. Instead, this evidence - along with other fossils - demonstrate that they co-existed in Eastern Africa for almost half a million years.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/hum ... mo-habilis

There is only one really good fossil of this Homo rudolfensis: KNM-ER 1470, from Koobi Fora in the Lake Turkana basin, Kenya. It has one really critical feature: a braincase size of 775 cubic centimeters, which is considerably above the upper end of H. habilis braincase size. At least one other braincase from the same region also shows such a large cranial capacity.

Originally considered to be H. habilis, the ways in which H. rudolfensis differs is in its larger braincase, longer face, and larger molar and premolar teeth. Due to the last two features, though, some scientists still wonder whether this ‘species’ might better be considered an Australopithecus, although one with a large brain!

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/hum ... udolfensis

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/hum ... amily-tree

if said species had a culture, then did they have a soul? as a culture is a the homo sapiens attempt to define what is around him and the language and morees associated with that. and that may be off as i only took an anthro 101 in college.

again if h.ergaster is able to have a culture then what of their attempt to define and find GOD?

Anatomically, intermediate between early H. erectus and archaic H. sapiens.

H. erectus, H. ergaster and H. sapiens are very similar in post cranial skeleton, but the skulls are somewhat different.

if said species had a culture, then did they have a soul? as a culture is a the homo sapiens attempt to define what is around him and the language and morees associated with that. and that may be off as i only took an anthro 101 in college.

again if h.ergaster is able to have a culture then what of their attempt to define and find GOD?

Suppose that H. ergaster was just a very primitive human ancestor. Would it matter if Adam and Eve were of that species?

The Barbarian said:

Suppose that H. ergaster was just a very primitive human ancestor. Would it matter if Adam and Eve were of that species?
i ask that to show how ambiguous for me theistic evolution is. still i have an good idea what you think. carry on.

i will mainly stick to the transistional evidence or alleged.

jasoncran said:
a sub species of erectus then, and how does he fit in with h.sapiens?

Or the same species. Ergaster and Erectus lead up to Heidelbergensis. Heidelbergensis lead up to H.s.n. and H.s.s. Personally I think they were all the same species.

actually i do as they may be variations of what we have now,ie sub species. not necessarily ancestral but variations like the large Dogs and small ones. capable of breeding but not able to get a big dog back from a little chiuaua.

jasoncran said:
actually i do as they may be variations of what we have now,ie sub species. not necessarily ancestral but variations like the large Dogs and small ones. capable of breeding but not able to get a big dog back from a little chiuaua.

Microevolution?

jasoncran said:

Well, that's my opinion. We have current nDNA evidence that indicates that H.s.n. and H.s.s. interbred. The problem is we haven't yet recovered nDNA from Ergaster, Erectus or Heidelbergensis specimens.

Back