Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

When Satan demands to have you, that he might sift you like wheat

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have been thinking a lot lately since joining this forum, about the issue of zealotry, that goes on in this forum and other facets of human life and endeavor as it pertains to matters of Christ.

In Romans 9:15 it is stated “For he said to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion””.

Luke 22:31-32 describes Peter’s spiritual condition by these verses “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you that he might sift you like wheat. But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.”

From Revelation 12:9 “And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world – he was thrown down to earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.”

Satan until he is thrown down by Michael, has access to God’s throne and accuses us towards the Father. Please note that he has not been thrown down from heaven yet, for that shall be only at the time of the end from Daniel 12:1.

What I am trying to get through to, is that many who believe are saved, should be a lot humbler, for if they are saved by mercy of God, that is not nothing to boast of, and if not saved, they are just using vain words and long treatises to defend themselves and deceive others in the process. From Ephesians 5:6 “Let no one deceive you with empty words…”

How does that apply to me? From James 2:19 “You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe – and shudder!” If I have a demon in me uttering the above words, that still should be a warning to you. And if I don’t, even more the above words should be a warning to you.

I shall stop with this last sentence for from Ecclesiastes 5:7 “For when dreams increase and words grow many, there is vanity; but God is the one you must fear.”

I have been thinking a lot lately since joining this forum, about the issue of zealotry, that goes on in this forum and other facets of human life and endeavor as it pertains to matters of Christ.

In Romans 9:15 it is stated “For he said to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion””.

Luke 22:31-32 describes Peter’s spiritual condition by these verses “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you that he might sift you like wheat. But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.”

From Revelation 12:9 “And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world – he was thrown down to earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.”

Satan until he is thrown down by Michael, has access to God’s throne and accuses us towards the Father. Please note that he has not been thrown down from heaven yet, for that shall be only at the time of the end from Daniel 12:1.

What I am trying to get through to, is that many who believe are saved, should be a lot humbler, for if they are saved by mercy of God, that is not nothing to boast of, and if not saved, they are just using vain words and long treatises to defend themselves and deceive others in the process. From Ephesians 5:6 “Let no one deceive you with empty words…”

How does that apply to me? From James 2:19 “You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe – and shudder!” If I have a demon in me uttering the above words, that still should be a warning to you. And if I don’t, even more the above words should be a warning to you.

I shall stop with this last sentence for from Ecclesiastes 5:7 “For when dreams increase and words grow many, there is vanity; but God is the one you must fear.”
Sifting separates the wheat from the chaff.

A wise king sifts out the wicked, And brings the threshing wheel over them. (Prov. 20:26 NKJ)
  1. Harvesting: First, the wheat was harvested using a sickle to cut the stalks.
  2. Threshing: The Stalks were then spread out on a threshing floor, a hard surface and oxen trample over the stalks to break the wheat grains free from the stalks and husks.
  3. Winnowing: Then the broken stalks and grains are tossed into the air with a fork or winnowing basket, and the lighter chaff is blown away by the wind, but the heavier grains fall back to the ground. This process is repeated to ensure no chaff remains..
  4. Sieving: Finally, the wheat is passed through a sieve so all remaining impurities and any bits of chaff still clinging to the wheat are removed for burning. The sieves were made of fine mesh for complete separation.
  5. Storing: Then the clean wheat was collected and stored in God's Wherehouse for future use.
The TARES are separated from the wheat, so God's assets can be easily removed before the destruction come---raptured in the Day of the LORD, leaving the wheat to die like carrion on the hills of God's slaughter:

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. (Lk. 17:33-37 KJV)

Some misunderstand the above, they don't realize Jesus' answered what would become of the TARES left behind. That is fully revealed here:

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. (Rev. 19:17-20:1 KJV)
1713561237033.png

PS:

Satan cannot indwell a believer, God doesn't run a duplex:

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. (1 Jn. 5:18 KJV)

Satan can circle a believer like a lion does his prey, but God the Holy Spirit doesn't permit he touch the believer at all.

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen (1 Pet. 5:8-11 KJV)

Last edited:
Satan cannot indwell a believer, God doesn't run a duplex:

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. (1 Jn. 5:18 KJV)

Satan can circle a believer like a lion does his prey, but God the Holy Spirit doesn't permit he touch the believer at all.

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen (1 Pet. 5:8-11 KJV)
PPS, satan doesn't want to indwell a believer, ( too clean for satans taste and too holy for his decoration requirements) satan wants the believer to not be a believer, so he can move in and party. ( then they can begin the revelling and drunkenness that Christ has given the blood of His wine to give a better hope of life for.).....

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, IN DEPARTING FROM THE LIVING GOD.
13 But EXHORT ONE ANOTHER DAILY, while it is called To day; LEST ANY OF YOU BE HARDENED THROUGH THE DECEITFULNESS OF SIN.

Hebrews 3:14 For we are MADE PARTTAKERS OF CHRIST, IF we HOLD THE BEGINNING OF OUR CONFIDENCE STEDFAST UNTO THE END;

1 Peter 5:9 Whom RESIST STEDFAST IN THE FAITH, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

2 Peter 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, BEWARE LEST YE ALSO, being LED AWAY WITH THE ERROR OF THE WICKED, fall FROM YOUR OWN STEDFASTNESS.
18 BUT GROW IN GRACE, and IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

They were once cleaned and return to vomit and filth, see the other thread I wrote on in theology for more testimony.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

They were once cleaned and return to vomit and filth, see the other thread I wrote on in theology for more testimony.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
All of Isaiah 28 is very relevant today, especially if you live in the US (or Ephraim).

Isaiah 28:7-8 "These also reel with wine, and stagger with strong drink; the priest and the prophet reel with strong drink, they are swallowed by wine, they stagger with strong drink, they reel in vision, they stumble in giving judgement. For all tables are full of filthy vomit, with no space left."

Further in Isaiah 28:17 we have "And I will make justice the line, and righteousness the plumb line..." like in Amos 7:8 "...Then the Lord said: Behold, I am setting a plumb line in the midst of my people Israel; I will never again pass by them."

Blessed be those that will measure things with the plumb line of Isaiah 28:17 and Amos 7:8 for we live in very treacherous and confusing times.

Yes, and the fulfilment of Christ telling the things never told before, are even more relevant. ( knowledge puffs up, charity edifies, when Christ the love of God layed HIs life down for us.)

Satan seeks to dwell in believers, for them to be cleaned, and then afterwards to go and find more wickedness. ( the whole world to be deceived by satan now gathered against Christ.)..

Luke 11:26 Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Luke 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and WILL APPOINT HIM HIS PORTION WITH THE UNBELIEVERS.

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Satan makes sure the believer becomes as hypocritical as the unbelievers, and it is fair, the unbeliever goes to the lake of fire for doing wickedness, and the believer does the same wickedness, and seeks for the same ending. Nothing can be different, and satans sayings are irrelevant and are of nothing.

I like the forums that say they do sins, and that can include lying, and yet they feel they should be heard and taken seriously.

It is impossible for God to lie, what liar has the Spirit of truth and is not really of their father the devil who is the father of lies. ( of them)

The antichrist spirit is in all the world, ( 1 John 4:3) you can tell it by its quickness to speak and slowness to hear. ( FORUM TALKERS :NON BRIDLING OF THE TONGUE SET ON FIRE OF HELL)

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

James 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

PPS, satan doesn't want to indwell a believer, ( too clean for satans taste and too holy for his decoration requirements) satan wants the believer to not be a believer, so he can move in and party. ( then they can begin the revelling and drunkenness that Christ has given the blood of His wine to give a better hope of life for.).....

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, IN DEPARTING FROM THE LIVING GOD.
13 But EXHORT ONE ANOTHER DAILY, while it is called To day; LEST ANY OF YOU BE HARDENED THROUGH THE DECEITFULNESS OF SIN.

Hebrews 3:14 For we are MADE PARTTAKERS OF CHRIST, IF we HOLD THE BEGINNING OF OUR CONFIDENCE STEDFAST UNTO THE END;

1 Peter 5:9 Whom RESIST STEDFAST IN THE FAITH, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

2 Peter 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, BEWARE LEST YE ALSO, being LED AWAY WITH THE ERROR OF THE WICKED, fall FROM YOUR OWN STEDFASTNESS.
18 BUT GROW IN GRACE, and IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
Neither Satan nor demons can indwell the Temple of God, our bodies because God the Holy Spirit dwells there. That is not true for TARES or unbelievers cleansed of evil spirits:

43 "When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.
44 "Then he says,`I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.
45 "Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation." (Matt. 12:43-45 NKJ)

Only the unregenerate, those still dead in their sins, can be possessed by Satan or evil spirits.

God the Holy Spirit protects believers, wicked spirits cannot touch us:

We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. (1 Jn. 5:18 NKJ)

I know this by experience. I had a vision of Satan circling me like a lion. I felt the power of the Holy Spirit pushing against Satan so that he couldn't get closer than a few feet. As Satan has manifested himself as an angel of light, or in dreams as anything he wants to, his appearance in this vision (I was awake) is immaterial, beside the point...but I'll describe it anyway:

A being of swirling dark energy with streaks of white in a somewhat cylindrical shape rounded on top, 12-18 inches high. At the bottom of this being energy folded in on itself as it "walked", circling me like prey. Telepathically he communicated great anger, undiminished hatred I exist.

I could feel the power of the Holy Spirit pushing him away, so he couldn't touch me. Couldn't get closer than a few feet. Satan kept circling trying to attack me, no doubt with all his power.

At the time I was trying to learn how to speak in tongues, as Pentecostals are taught to do. And I realized by illumination of the Holy Spirit, if I was "gifted with tongues" I wouldn't have to learn how to speak them. So, I stopped realizing its unscriptural.

Unable to touch me, Satan left after a minute or so. He has never appeared in a vision again.

This vision has never been repeated for over forty years.

He or his minions do attack, to "telepathically tempt" through dreams or voices to sin, but they cannot touch me.

Last edited:
When evil spirits are driven out of the unregenerate, although the "house" is swept clean, no one more powerful than they are in it:

43 "When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.
44 "Then he says,`I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.
45 "Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation." (Matt. 12:43-45 NKJ)

That is not true of the believer, the Holy Spirit now dwells in the house, and God does not run a duplex:

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? (1 Cor. 6:19 NKJ)

8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (Rom. 8:8-9 NKJ)

All who claim evil spirits "come and go" into their bodies, identify themselves as TARES sown among the wheat. They appear to be Christian, until their fruits are manifest. We know them by their fruits:

15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
16 "You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

17 "Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them. (Matt. 7:16-20 NKJ)

All False prophets, all false teachers reject the plain meaning of scripture. Disobedience to scripture is the universal fruit of every bad tree. All of them manifest it.

They all reject God's moral law, they are "lawless". Regardless how intimately they claim to know Jesus, no matter what supernatural feats they can do, if they speak not according to the Word the Bible, there is no light of dawn for them:

20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
21 "Not everyone who says to Me,`Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: (Matt. 7:20-24 NKJ)

16 Bind up the testimony, Seal the law among my disciples.
17 And I will wait on the LORD, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; And I will hope in Him.
18 Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and wonders in Israel From the LORD of hosts, Who dwells in Mount Zion.

19 And when they say to you, "Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter," should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living?

20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
21 They will pass through it hard pressed and hungry; and it shall happen, when they are hungry, that they will be enraged and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
22 Then they will look to the earth, and see trouble and darkness, gloom of anguish; and they will be driven into darkness. (Isa. 8:16-22 NKJ)

Isaiah prophesied about these false prophets, their false dreams and visions led them into a harsh land where they became hungry, impoverished. So they look upward and curse God for they believe He led them there.

But then God grants them their first real vision from Him, they are forced to look downward into the earth, and there is revealed to their eyes their future. They will be driven into darkness eternal:

Look, all you who kindle a fire, Who encircle yourselves with sparks: Walk in the light of your fire and in the sparks you have kindled-- This you shall have from My hand: You shall lie down in torment. (Isa. 50:11 NKJ)

Last edited:
When evil spirits are driven out of the unregenerate, although the "house" is swept clean, no one more powerful than they are in it:

That is not true of the believer, the Holy Spirit now dwells in the house, and God does not run a duplex:

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? (1 Cor. 6:19 NKJ)

8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (Rom. 8:8-9 NKJ)
I agree, if the individual has the Spirit of God dwelling in them, then they are sanctified and that's that. End of the matter.

I think gordontimmy was trying to get to the intermediate state of an individual who has been cleaned of an evil spirit, yet the Holy Spirit is not in them. By this in my understanding the Holy Spirit has been working alongside them towards salvation, so the individual has knowledge and yet delude themselves that they have the Holy Spirit. Hence, in this state the individual is very vulnerable to even worse evil attacks and the situation of that person is worse than before if they succumb to evil. I hope what I am saying makes sense.

I agree, if the individual has the Spirit of God dwelling in them, then they are sanctified and that's that. End of the matter.

I think gordontimmy was trying to get to the intermediate state of an individual who has been cleaned of an evil spirit, yet the Holy Spirit is not in them. By this in my understanding the Holy Spirit has been working alongside them towards salvation, so the individual has knowledge and yet delude themselves that they have the Holy Spirit. Hence, in this state the individual is very vulnerable to even worse evil attacks and the situation of that person is worse than before if they succumb to evil. I hope what I am saying makes sense.
I don't think that is what he was saying, but you see another aspect, perhaps similar to this:

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God;
8 but if it bears thorns and briars, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned. (Heb. 6:4-8 NKJ)

The house was cleansed by the Holy Spirit, but He did not enter to dwell in the house---they "tasted the good" but did not eat Christ's flesh and drink His blood, therefore the Holy Spirit did not enter to dwell in them, so the evil spirits returned.

53 Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
54 "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 "For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
56 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
57 "As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. (Jn. 6:53-57 NKJ)

44 "For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush.
45 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
46 "But why do you call Me`Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
47 "Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
48 "He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.
49 "But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great." (Lk. 6:44-49 NKJ)

God calls all men, but Satan sows among the wheat, tares:

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
25 "but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
26 "But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
27 "So the servants of the owner came and said to him,`Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28 "He said to them,`An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him,`Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
29 "But he said,`No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
30 `Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field."
37 He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.
38 "The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.
39 "The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.
40 "Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.
41 "The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,
42 "and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 "Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! (Matt. 13:3-43 NKJ)

TARES are indistinguishable from wheat, both look the same until harvest. Only when fruit appear, can they be distinguished.

Satan is permitted to sift, so the TARES are manifested during their short life span, and not confused with the wheat. Its better they not sneak into the Kingdom:

8 "Then he said to his servants,`The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 `Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'
10 "So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 "But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
12 "So he said to him,`Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.
13 "Then the king said to the servants,`Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
14 "For many are called, but few are chosen." (Matt. 22:8-14 NKJ)

Last edited:

Let me clarify a bit further. We know from scripture the apostles received the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Until then they were in an intermediate state, clean of evil influence, yet not sanctified with the Holy Spirit. Same with Paul, he saw a vision and had knowledge, yet only when Ananias visited him, Paul was filled with the Holy Ghost.

My point is that unless one is sealed with the Holy Ghost, one is vulnerable even more to evil influences even if they have been called by the Father for a purpose. As Christ said, many are called yet few are chosen. I translate that as for many the Holy Ghost works alongside them, yet for few Holy Ghost indwells in them.

Let me clarify a bit further. We know from scripture the apostles received the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Until then they were in an intermediate state, clean of evil influence, yet not sanctified with the Holy Spirit. Same with Paul, he saw a vision and had knowledge, yet only when Ananias visited him, Paul was filled with the Holy Ghost.

My point is that unless one is sealed with the Holy Ghost, one is vulnerable even more to evil influences even if they have been called by the Father for a purpose. As Christ said, many are called yet few are chosen. I translate that as for many the Holy Ghost works alongside them, yet for few Holy Ghost indwells in them.
I agree generally speaking. I reject any notion the Holy Spirit might indwell, and then leave:

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NKJ)

All given eternal life cannot die:

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. (Jn. 5:24 NKJ)

27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. (Jn. 10:27-29 NKJ)

All born again are sealed by the Holy Spirit of God, the NAME of YHWH is written on their foreheads, they are God's:

16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, And the LORD listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear the LORD And who meditate on His name.
17 "They shall be Mine," says the LORD of hosts, "On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them As a man spares his own son who serves him."
18 Then you shall again discern Between the righteous and the wicked, Between one who serves God And one who does not serve Him. (Mal. 3:16-18 NKJ)

Neither Satan nor demons can indwell the Temple of God, our bodies because God the Holy Spirit dwells there. That is not true for TARES or unbelievers cleansed of evil spirits:

Only the unregenerate, those still dead in their sins, can be possessed by Satan or evil spirits.

God the Holy Spirit protects believers, wicked spirits cannot touch us:

We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. (1 Jn. 5:18 NKJ)
The temple of God is holy, if any man defiles the holy temple, God shall destroy them..

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

All who gather against Christ are compared to the unclean spirit gone out of them, because of not gathering with Christ the man has seven more wicked spirits enter him and dwell there.

Christ proved to the Pharisees that He by the Spirit of God cast out devils, ( the unclean spirit) and the kingdom of God was come unto them, satan has to be bound first, for God to gather and not scatter abroad.

Likewise we are taught to tell our brother their faults, but if he will not hear you nor the church, he becomes rejected, and just as satan is bound, whatsoever is bound on earth is bound in heaven, and what is loosened on earth is loosened in heaven.

Luke 11:23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

Luke 11:24 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
25 And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
26 Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

We are instructed to control our bodies, not to allow covetousness as this is idolatry.

For covetousness...idolatry, the wrath of God comes on all who disobey.

We know those born of God do not do those sins, or the wicked one would be touching them, because of believing that the Son of God has come to give us an understanding, to know Him that is true, if the little children keep themselves from idols. ( from covetousness, covetousness is idolatry.)

But many follow the subtill ways of those who speak evil of the truth, through covetousness, ( idolatry) to make merchandise of the believers, with lies.

The lie they tell is to the ones who clean escaped the pollutions of the world through that knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, but become entangled in it again, they knew the holy commandment and tuned to filth and vomit again...

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

2 Peter 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

All who claim evil spirits "come and go" into their bodies, identify themselves as TARES sown among the wheat. They appear to be Christian, until their fruits are manifest. We know them by their fruits:
Tares are what does not believe in Jesus Christ, the works He did in the Fathers name bore witness of Him.

The sheep ( wheat) hear the voice of Christ, ( the works He did bore witness of Him that the Father sent Him) they believe and follow. ( to follow is to receive Christ who is eternal life, to not perish, if they keep following, keep believing.)

Tares specifically are what offends and does iniquity.

Jesus specifically testified how the love of many goes cold because of them doing iniquity. ( unbelief)

Acts continues the testimony how Christ was sent to bless us in turning us away EVERY ONE OF YOU, from his iniquities. ( from his unbelief)

If we have all faith to remove mountains, have the gift of prophecy, understand all mysteries and all knowledge, yet have not got charity, we are northing, as charity does not rejoice in iniquity, ( in unbelief) but rejoices in the truth. ( the truth is, we are to remain in the truth or are liars.) charity is what BELIEVES ALL THINGS.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God;
8 but if it bears thorns and briars, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned. (Heb. 6:4-8 NKJ)

The house was cleansed by the Holy Spirit, but He did not enter to dwell in the house---they "tasted the good" but did not eat Christ's flesh and drink His blood, therefore the Holy Spirit did not enter to dwell in them, so the evil spirits returned.
See its wiser to see earlier in Hebrews for more context, of us being made PARTTAKERS of Christ, how this is DEPENDANT of us HOLDING that confidence ( belief) STEDFAST UNTO THE END.

Now we read better Hebrews 6, that this is the OTHER direction, of the very same people who were MADE PARTTAKERS OF THE HOLY GHOST, and FALL AWAY.

Bearing thorns is to be rejected.

Even FURTHER context is given later in Hebrews 10, of those who work AGAINST the Spirit of grace, to sin wilfully AFTER they received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH.

This is why all is SUMMED UP, how PATIENCE IS NEEDED, to both do the will of God and REMAIN IN IT, to RECEIVE THE PROMISE. ( of ETERNAL LIFE AS JESUS SAID OF HIS SHEEP.)

The just live by this faith, ( by keeping the faith, and the unjust keep no faith) by not drawing back, by CONTINUING TO BELIEVE TO THE SAVING OF THE SOUL...

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Hebrews 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Back