Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Where is the temple of God now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Christ states not one stone will be atop another, not except the wall.
Perhaps you missed the point of this:
the foundation is not the wall.
Do you not understand the difference between the two?

If someone tears a brick house down to the foundation, will there be one brick left on top of the other???

Think about it.

Jesus didn't speak english so how was He to know what the word this means?

If one looks you will find the phrase that generation in Scripture also. Hey whats the difference?

There is a hole through your preterist view that you could drive a fleet of mac trucks through,you have NO EVIDENCE that Christ returned as described in Matt24,Mark13,Luke 21, and Rev 6,not to mention no evidence that all the other events past Rev 6 have occured. Prove by history,secular and religious, that all those those have occured and then you will have a position. I will be waiting to read the history of how all those things occured. Hey, I hope you can prove your point, I would love to believe that all the horrible things in the future have already occured.

Who ya talking to Sam?

Speaking of History. Titus Flavius Josephus (37 – c. A.D. 100),[2] also called Joseph ben Mattathias

There is a hole through your preterist view that you could drive a fleet of mac trucks through,you have NO EVIDENCE that Christ returned as described in Matt24,Mark13,Luke 21, and Rev 6,not to mention no evidence that all the other events past Rev 6 have occured. Prove by history,secular and religious, that all those those have occured and then you will have a position. I will be waiting to read the history of how all those things occured. Hey, I hope you can prove your point, I would love to believe that all the horrible things in the future have already occured.
I just checked the last couple of pages and I did not see any posts from preterists. :shrub Please do not assume that anyone who believes most prophecy has come to pass is a preterist.

Thanks.

Adam Clarke Matthew - Chapter 24 - Adam Clarke Commentary on StudyLight.org

There shall not be left here one stone
These seem to have been the last words he spoke as he left the temple, into which he never afterwards entered; and, when he got to the mount of Olives, he renewed the discourse. From this mount, on which our Lord and his disciples now sat, the whole of the city, and particularly the temple, were clearly seen. This part of our Lord's prediction was fulfilled in the most literal manner.

Josephus says, War, book vii. c. 1: "Caesar gave orders that they should now demolish the whole city and temple, except the three towers, Phaselus, Hippicus, and Mariamne, and a part of the western wall, and these were spared; but, for all the rest of the wall, it was laid so completely even with the ground, by those who dug it up to the foundation, that there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it had ever been inhabited." Maimonides, a Jewish rabbin, in Tract. Taanith, c. 4, says, "That the very foundations of the temple were digged up, according to the Roman custom."

His words are these: "On that ninth day of the month Ab, fatal for vengeance, the wicked Turnus Rufus, of the children of Edom, ploughed up the temple, and the places round about it, that the saying might be fulfilled, Zion shall be ploughed as a field." This Turnus, or rather Terentius Rufus, was left general of the army by Titus, with commission, as the Jews suppose, to destroy the city and the temple, as Josephus observes.

The temple was destroyed 1st. Justly; because of the sins of the Jews. 2dly. Mercifully; to take away from them the occasion of continuing in Judaism: and 3dly. Mysteriously; to show that the ancient sacrifices were abolished, and that the whole Jewish economy was brought to an end, and the Christian dispensation introduced.

This was meant for SC,if you are not preterist then it is not meant for you. Note,a fundamental teaching of the christian faith is that the destruction of Jerusalem in 70ad was a fulfillment of what Jesus said in Matt24,however fundamentalist believe that it also has a fulfillment in the future based on the fact that part of what Jesus described has not taken place(His return to gather the saints). I am not a futurist I am a realists,Jesus did not return in the first century,so we have to deal with that.

This was meant for SC,if you are not preterist then it is not meant for you. Note,a fundamental teaching of the christian faith is that the destruction of Jerusalem in 70ad was a fulfillment of what Jesus said in Matt24,however fundamentalist believe that it also has a fulfillment in the future based on the fact that part of what Jesus described has not taken place(His return to gather the saints). I am not a futurist I am a realists,Jesus did not return in the first century,so we have to deal with that.

I do not get why you can say this with such certainty considering that words and expectations of Jesus' 1st century followers as well as the words of Jesus himself. Just because an event is not recorded in history does not mean it did not take place. Jesus said he would return in a given period of time both in judgment AND to collect his elect. Why is it so hard to believe that he did just what he said he would do? Is the answer perhaps that believing what he said somehow stands against our own vested interests?

I do not get why you can say this with such certainty considering that words and expectations of Jesus' 1st century followers as well as the words of Jesus himself. Just because an event is not recorded in history does not mean it did not take place. Jesus said he would return in a given period of time both in judgment AND to collect his elect. Why is it so hard to believe that he did just what he said he would do? Is the answer perhaps that believing what he said somehow stands against our own vested interests?

Oh yea. Jesus was not a false prophet. That's the One I have faith in!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Sam21,

There is proof. Why deny it?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION: Did Jesus Christ return in AD 70 without fanfare?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ANSWER: I wouldn't exactly call the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 an event “without fanfare.†Josephus mentions some loud voices and trumpet sounds being heard, as well as angelic armies being visible in the sky over Judea at the time of the Jewish revolt (AD 66-70). Jews today still commemorate it in some fashion in almost every joyous occasion they celebrate (the shattered goblet at Jewish weddings, and a special fast day every year in August (Tisha b'Av) are two ways in which they still remember the destruction). Rabbi Davis (from White Plains NY), in his opening remarks of his (1978?) lecture on “Post-Biblical Judaism,†commented that he would begin the study of post-Biblical Judaism with “the end.†Then he said, he would begin with AD 70., because AD 70 was “the end of Biblical Judaism†and the beginning of rabbinic or Talmudic Judaism. Josephus, a Jewish priest and one of the ten Jewish generals who started the war with Rome in 66 A.D., gives his eyewitness account of that gruesome judgment which Jesus said was, “such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.†(Matt. 24:21) A few days later Jesus (at His trial) said the High Priest & the Sanhedrin, “shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.†(Matt. 27:64) Josephus, Tacitus, Eusebius and the Talmud all record the FACT that God’s presence was perceived at that awesome destruction. They even record that angelic armies were seen in the clouds. -Edward E. Stevens

:thumbsup
[/FONT]

What does the Bible say about it? I believe the moon is made of green cheese and powdered sugar. Doesn't make it so.

The trick is making sure belief aligns with reality. In this case, the Bible is the reality.

I'm tired of people being mislead by a doctrine that allows the kind of insanity preached by the likes of Harold Camping, and that's EXACTLY what a "futurist" view of these things encourages! In the future? When? In our generation? What signs will be fulfilled that haven't been fulfilled in THAT GENERATION???

Futurism encourages abuse and leads people into false hope. Time to get real, people. :nono2

When your ready to get real He awaits.

Your not ready.

Grace to you, peace from God and the Lord Jesus

How do you imagine '(His return to gather the saints)' is going to take place?
What scripture do you use to support your interpretation?
Do you believe your interpretation is infallible?

First Time: Temple Mount Priestly Blessing on Jerusalem Day - Jewish World - Israel News - Israel National News

First Time: Temple Mount Priestly Blessing on Jerusalem Day

by Hillel Fendel
Follow Israel news on and .

Hundreds of religious Jews from all streams were able to happily commemorate the 44th anniversary of the first-ever entry of Israeli soldiers onto the TempleMount.
For the first time in the history of Israeli restrictions on Jewish entry to the Temple Mount, the recitation of the Priestly Blessing was permitted there. It happened on Wednesday, Jerusalem Reunification Day, when hundreds of visitors – all of whom immersed in a mikveh (ritual bath) prior to coming and took other precautions required by Jewish Law – were allowed to enter the Temple Mount in groups of 30-40.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back