Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where is the Wilderness the Woman of Revelation 12:6 fled to?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Alfred Persson

MR
2024 Supporter
6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.
14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood.
16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (Rev. 12:6, 13-17 NKJ)

The End Time "Week" is seven years long 1,260 *2 = 2520 days or 84 months. It is divided into two equal parts. Moses and Elijah appear at the beginning of the Week and preach for 42 months (Rev. 11:3), then Antichrist slays them (Rev. 11:7) and rules for 42 months (Rev. 13:5).

Therefore, the reference to 1,260 days is meant to "telescope" (skip time) to the First Half of the End Time week. The woman, aka Lady Zion or "Daughter of Zion" flees to religious Babylon where religions have political power from their enemies.

Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the LORD shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies. (Mic. 4:10 KJV)

When the Serpent spews out a flood of spiritism (2 Thess. 2:7-12; Mt. 24:24) meant to carry the church into idolatry (1 Cor. 12:1-2) the TARES sown among the WHEAT (Mt. 13:24-30) greedily drink up the flood of spiritsm, and the Harlot Babylon becomes a haunt for every unclean and foul spirit:

2 And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!

3 "For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury."

4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. (Rev. 18:2-4 NKJ)

They work Christian like miracles by satan's power and rebel against God's Truth the Bible:

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thess. 2:9-12 NKJ)

20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
21 "Not everyone who says to Me,`Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matt. 7:20-23 NKJ)

God casts out (1544 ἐκβάλλω ekballo ) the outer courtyard trampled by the TARES away from His Naos where the true Church worships God at His Altar:

1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, "Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there.
2 "But leave out (1544 ἐκβάλλω ekballo) the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. (Rev. 11:1-2 NKJ)

The Daughter of Zion remains in Babylon for 42 months or 1, 260 days while Moses and Elijah prophesy in Jerusalem. But when the Beast who now ascended from the abyss of spiritism slays God's prophets, its time for her to come out:

3 "And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner.
6 These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.
7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. (Rev. 11:3-7 NKJ)

So the Harlot Babylon, the city over the false religions of the earth, is the wilderness Lady Zion fled to. The unsaved nations are the "Gentiles" who drank up the foul river of spiritsm meant to carry the true church into idolatry.

When the False Christ "Man of Sin" renounces all pretension to being Christian, and declares himself to be the literal "Son of Destruction" Seed of Satan (Gen. 3:15)---a hybrid Elohim-human whose combined nature is therefore above all the "extraterrestrials" (2 Thess. 2:3-4). In other words, he opposes the historic definition of God, to elevate himself above all called god:

3 let not any one deceive you in any manner, because -- if the falling away may not come first, and the man of sin be revealed -- the son of the destruction,
4 who is opposing and is raising himself up above all called God or worshipped, so that he in the sanctuary of God as God hath sat down, shewing himself off that he is God -- the day doth not come. (2 Thess. 2:3-4 YLT)

Then his "ten horn" political base will burn Babylon the Great with Fire, because her religious services are no longer required.

8 And another angel followed, saying, "Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication."
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 "he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. (Rev. 14:8-12 NKJ)

"And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. (Rev. 17:16 NKJ)

Hence the church must flee from her midst:

4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.
5 "For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. (Rev. 18:4-5 NKJ)

Last edited:
6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.
14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood.
16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (Rev. 12:6, 13-17 NKJ)

The End Time "Week" is seven years long 1,260 *2 = 2520 days or 84 months. It is divided into two equal parts. Moses and Elijah appear at the beginning of the Week and preach for 42 months (Rev. 11:3), then Antichrist slays them (Rev. 11:7) and rules for 42 months (Rev. 13:5).

Therefore, the reference to 1,260 days is meant to "telescope" (skip time) to the First Half of the End Time week. The woman, aka Lady Zion or "Daughter of Zion" flees to religious Babylon where religions have political power from their enemies.

Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the LORD shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies. (Mic. 4:10 KJV)

When the Serpent spews out a flood of spiritism (2 Thess. 2:7-12; Mt. 24:24) meant to carry the church into idolatry (1 Cor. 12:1-2) the TARES sown among the WHEAT (Mt. 13:24-30) greedily drink up the flood of spiritsm, and the Harlot Babylon becomes a haunt for every unclean and foul spirit:

2 And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!

3 "For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury."

4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. (Rev. 18:2-4 NKJ)

They work Christian like miracles by satan's power and rebel against God's Truth the Bible:

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thess. 2:9-12 NKJ)

21 "Not everyone who says to Me,`Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matt. 7:20-23 NKJ)

God casts out (1544 ἐκβάλλω ekballo ) the outer courtyard trampled by the TARES away from His Naos where the true Church worships God at His Altar:

1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, "Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there.
2 "But leave out (1544 ἐκβάλλω ekballo) the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. (Rev. 11:1-2 NKJ)

The Daughter of Zion remains in Babylon for 42 months or 1, 260 days while Moses and Elijah prophesy in Jerusalem. But when the Beast who now ascended from the abyss of spiritism slays God's prophets, its time for her to come out:

3 "And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner.
6 These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.
7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. (Rev. 11:3-7 NKJ)

So the Harlot Babylon, the city over the false religions of the earth, is the wilderness Lady Zion fled to. The unsaved nations are the "Gentiles" who drank up the foul river of spiritsm meant to carry the true church into idolatry.

When the False Christ "Man of Sin" renounces all pretension to being Christian, and declares himself to be the literal "Son of Destruction" Seed of Satan (Gen. 3:15)---a hybrid Elohim-human whose combined nature is therefore above all the "extraterrestrials" (2 Thess. 2:3-4). In other words, he opposes the historic definition of God, to elevate himself above all called god:

3 let not any one deceive you in any manner, because -- if the falling away may not come first, and the man of sin be revealed -- the son of the destruction,
4 who is opposing and is raising himself up above all called God or worshipped, so that he in the sanctuary of God as God hath sat down, shewing himself off that he is God -- the day doth not come. (2 Thess. 2:3-4 YLT)

Then his "ten horn" political base will burn Babylon the Great with Fire, because her religious services are no longer required.

8 And another angel followed, saying, "Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication."
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 "he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. (Rev. 14:8-12 NKJ)

"And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. (Rev. 17:16 NKJ)

4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.
5 "For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. (Rev. 18:4-5 NKJ)

The “wilderness” is not a physical place but is symbolic like the “woman.” This “wilderness” is a metaphor and represents solitude and refuge from Satan and satanic influences.

I believe the "wilderness" is the world. The "place" is "in Christ." Living in Christ is the only safe haven we have in this world.

The wilderness is a place that we are told to flee to when you read what Jesus said that is written in Matthew 24:15-22. There is where our trust will be in Christ who will supply our needs.

It always interests me how people have to change the book of Revelation every time they read it.
Why not just trust that John, Jesus and the Angels were not lying to you?
Why not just trust what they say to be true?
Every post so far has not had the faith to trust God's Word to be true.
By reinterpreting the book you are all calling God's Word a lie, not trustworthy.
Why so little faith?

It always interests me how people have to change the book of Revelation every time they read it.
Why not just trust that John, Jesus and the Angels were not lying to you?
Why not just trust what they say to be true?
Every post so far has not had the faith to trust God's Word to be true.
By reinterpreting the book you are all calling God's Word a lie, not trustworthy.
Why so little faith?
Then by all means show us with scripture where this wilderness is, or what it is.

Then by all means show us with scripture where this wilderness is, or what it is.
I don't live in Jerusalem and am not a Jew... so why would I know the place where Jews from Jerusalem would flee?
I
would think that it would relate to Israels time in the wilderness. Maybe somewhere along their path from Egypt to the Promised Land. How about Mt. Sinai? How about any of the places where the 12 Tribes of Israel made camp? I don't know and it is not my responsibility to know as I am not in that part of the world where I would need to know.

I don't live in Jerusalem and am not a Jew... so why would I know the place where Jews from Jerusalem would flee?
I
would think that it would relate to Israels time in the wilderness. Maybe somewhere along their path from Egypt to the Promised Land. How about Mt. Sinai? How about any of the places where the 12 Tribes of Israel made camp? I don't know and it is not my responsibility to know as I am not in that part of the world where I would need to know.
It's you that says none of us have any faith to trust in God who has warned us to flee from this end time abomination, but yet you deny what Jesus said in Matthew 24:15-21, especially vs. 21. Rev 12 has not yet occurred.

Why do you believe it only relates to Israel's time in the wilderness as yes there was tribulation for them, but not the greatest that ever was or will ever be as of yet.

BTW, Jesus was speaking of the future in those verses, not the past as we have not yet seen the abomination that is the son of perdition take his seat in Jerusalem, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12.

It's you that says none of us have any faith to trust in God who has warned us to flee from this end time abomination, but yet you deny what Jesus said in Matthew 24:15-21, especially vs. 21. Rev 12 has not yet occurred.
Why are you referring to something I did not refer to?
I only referred to Revelation... not Matthew.
When did I deny anything in Matthew... please do not lie about what I said.
Why do you believe it only relates to Israel's time in the wilderness as yes there was tribulation for them, but not the greatest that ever was or will ever be as of yet.
What are you talking about?????
I have no idea what you are getting at.
You are again lying about what I said... please don't do that.
Please re-read my post and maybe you will understand it better a second time.
BTW, Jesus was speaking of the future in those verses, not the past as we have not yet seen the abomination that is the son of perdition take his seat in Jerusalem, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12.
Yes I understand and that is what I was referring to.
Somehow you got everything I said wrong.
If you are confused maybe you should ask a question before badmouthing someone.
You are an "admin"... do better.

Revelation 12:6 aligns with ephesians chapter 6. You need gospel armour on. Those banking on the rapture are defenseless against antichrist lies and deception. They lack knowledge. Jesus taught in Matthew chapter 25, about the 10 virgin's. Five had enough oil to get past antichrist. The other 5 virgin's lacked knowledge. Its written in colossians, to increase in the knowledge of God. Those playing church will worship antichrist. Thier biblically illiterate. God prepared place in the wilderness for those who have gospel armory on. Amos chapter 9, God is against traditions of men. God will allow satan as antichrist to have his way with those who don't have gospel armory on. Revelation chapter 9:5, the time was shortened to 5 month period for antichrist tribulation. The rapture theory is false doctrine. Everyone in the flesh will be tested by antichrist near future. Revelation chapter 13 will document this. If Jesus went into church that taught traditions of men. How irate do you think the congregation would be?. When Jesus returns 7th trump. This starts the millennium. Those who won't give up their traditions and false beliefs. Will not be around the eternity. Revelation chapter 20.

The wilderness is a place that we are told to flee to when you read what Jesus said that is written in Matthew 24:15-22. There is where our trust will be in Christ who will supply our needs.
Jesus’ prophesized that Jerusalem would be confronted by a “disgusting thing”: the Roman army in 66 C. E. I do not see the reference or similarity to Revelation 12:6.

Jesus’ prophesized that Jerusalem would be confronted by a “disgusting thing”: the Roman army in 66 C. E. I do not see the reference or similarity to Revelation 12:6.
I never said there is a similarity to the Roman army in 66C.E. with Revelation 12:6. The disgusting thing that Jesus taught us will be that of the son of perdition taking his seat in Jerusalem causing everyone to take the mark of this beast or die a martyr's death, 1Thessalonians 2:1-12, Rev 13.

The woman here represents the true congregation of God that flees to the wilderness for 1290 days just as Jesus forewarned her to do so in Matthew 24:15, 16. Jesus said when you see the abomination that causes desolation stand in the holy place Jesus is speaking about the son of perdition (the beast out of the earth, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12; Rev 13) taking a literal seat in Jerusalem on the very Temple Mount of God where the Dome of the Rock presently stands.

The abomination will be that of a New World Order with a singular governmental power that controls all economic, political, military, educational, environmental and religious authority that takes its seat in Jerusalem, Isaiah 14:12, 13; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12. This new government is a Global power giving false hope to the entire world as even the very elect of God will be deceived if possible, Matthew 24:24.​

Most Palestinians have fled to Jordan.
I would say most likely arab christians in Israel will flee to Jordan as well.
They flee while the two witnesses are killing and tormenting people.1260 days.

I never said there is a similarity to the Roman army in 66C.E. with Revelation 12:6. The disgusting thing that Jesus taught us will be that of the son of perdition taking his seat in Jerusalem causing everyone to take the mark of this beast or die a martyr's death, 1Thessalonians 2:1-12, Rev 13.

The woman here represents the true congregation of God that flees to the wilderness for 1290 days just as Jesus forewarned her to do so in Matthew 24:15, 16. Jesus said when you see the abomination that causes desolation stand in the holy place Jesus is speaking about the son of perdition (the beast out of the earth, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12; Rev 13) taking a literal seat in Jerusalem on the very Temple Mount of God where the Dome of the Rock presently stands.

The abomination will be that of a New World Order with a singular governmental power that controls all economic, political, military, educational, environmental and religious authority that takes its seat in Jerusalem, Isaiah 14:12, 13; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12. This new government is a Global power giving false hope to the entire world as even the very elect of God will be deceived if possible, Matthew 24:24.​
You initially made a post replying to Revelation 12:6 with a reference to Matthew 24:15, 16. If it was not your intention to made a similarity between these two scriptures, then I am corrected. I did, however, interpret your postings in that way. Keep in mind that much of Revelation was presented in visions and in "signs"-Revelation 1:1, 10; 4:2. Compare-for example-Ezekiel Chapter 8; 40:1-4.

You initially made a post replying to Revelation 12:6 with a reference to Matthew 24:15, 16. If it was not your intention to made a similarity between these two scriptures, then I am corrected. I did, however, interpret your postings in that way. Keep in mind that much of Revelation was presented in visions and in "signs"-Revelation 1:1, 10; 4:2. Compare-for example-Ezekiel Chapter 8; 40:1-4.
I've been studying the book of Revelation for over 40 years now and it's as much literal as it is symbolic and covers almost every book in the Bible from Genesis to Rev.

The correlation with Rev 12:6 and Matthew 24:15-16 is that Jesus is speaking about His own as in the warning to flee from the abomination that causes desolation being the son of perdition we read about in 2Thessalonians 2:1-12.

Rev 12 John is shown a great sign in heaven as he sees a vision of a woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet. The sun is representative of the glory and brilliance of Gods righteousness that surrounds her and protects her. Under her feet the moon which is illustrative of eternity, light, Gods faithfulness in His Son Jesus who is the greater light of the gospel age as Jesus being the light of the world that shines in darkness, but the darkness can not comprehend the light, Psalms 72:5-7; Isaiah 2:3-5; Jeremiah 31:35-37; Isaiah 30:26-33; John 1:1-5.

The woman is symbolic of Israel and the congregation of Gods people as she wears a crown of twelve stars which represents the twelve tribes of Israel that have repented of their arrogance as they felt they deserved Gods favor, but yet kept killing the prophets God sent to them, including the very Messiah they were waiting for. This is when the times of the Gentiles began as God went to them to take Himself a people that were humbled enough to receive salvation as God had mercy on them, Matthew 23:37-39; Acts 15:14; Romans 11:25-27.

Paul also warned the Gentiles against being lifted up in pride because they had been favored by God with salvation as he explained the blindness of Israel would not last forever as when they see the Gentiles now having favor in the Lord and being grafted into the branch of Israel they repent of their sin and turn back to God being once again found in His favor, Romans Chapter 11.

The true congregation of God can be symbolized here as a mother that has all here children gathered in one place for safety which in this case is under the wings of the almighty God, Psalms 91. She cries out like a woman in labor as the pain of her persecutions has become too great to bear as she waits to be delivered from her persecutors, 2 Timothy 4:18; 2 Peter 2:9; Colossians 1:13.​

The wilderness of worship for saints is our own homes. It's when the established churches no more preach the gospel of the cross, but another gospel of friendship with the world.

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

The wilderness of worship for saints is our own homes. It's when the established churches no more preach the gospel of the cross, but another gospel of friendship with the world.

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
I like that.

In the book of Revelation, the wilderness is used in a dual sense: to represent solitude and refuge from attackers in the case of the symbolic woman who gives birth to the royal male child (Re 12:6, 14), and to represent the home of wild beasts in the case of the symbolic woman “Babylon the Great,” who rides the seven-headed wild beast.—Re 17:3-6, 12-14.

In the book of Revelation, the wilderness is used in a dual sense: to represent solitude and refuge from attackers in the case of the symbolic woman who gives birth to the royal male child (Re 12:6, 14), and to represent the home of wild beasts in the case of the symbolic woman “Babylon the Great,” who rides the seven-headed wild beast.—Re 17:3-6, 12-14.
Just as Zion found refuge in ancient Babylon, so does Zion the Church find refuge in religious Babylon that will rise with the final World Empire.

Be in pain, and labor to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, Like a woman in birth pangs. For now you shall go forth from the city, You shall dwell in the field, And to Babylon you shall go. There you shall be delivered; There the LORD will redeem you From the hand of your enemies. (Mic. 4:10 NKJ)

At first the "False Christ" "man of sin" will covenant with the world's religions, but then break it after 3.5 years:

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate." (Dan. 9:27 NKJ)

For the first half of his reign, the False Christ is friends with the world's religions (Babylon the Great), but at mid-week he declares himself to be "the seed of Satan" (Gen. 3:15) "Son of Destruction" (2 Thess. 2:3-4) and his supporters burn Babylon the Harlot with Fire, because the Beast declares himself God and no longer needs the world's religions:

16 "And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. (Rev. 17:16 NKJ)

When Babylon is destroyed, the political protection she gave the Church "in the wilderness" within her, is removed and all the haters of Christianity rise up to destroy it and the Great Tribulation to force the church accept the Mark of the Beast begins:

Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished. (Dan. 12:7 NKJ)

12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write:`Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."

But before the bowls of God's wrath are poured out, the Church is raptured

14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, "Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe."
16 So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped.
17 Then another angel came o (Rev. 14:8-17 NKJ)

11 "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 "Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.
(Dan. 12:11-12 NKJ)

For a complete timeline of events:

Just as Zion found refuge in ancient Babylon, so does Zion the Church find refuge in religious Babylon that will rise with the final World Empire.

Be in pain, and labor to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, Like a woman in birth pangs. For now you shall go forth from the city, You shall dwell in the field, And to Babylon you shall go. There you shall be delivered; There the LORD will redeem you From the hand of your enemies. (Mic. 4:10 NKJ)

At first the "False Christ" "man of sin" will covenant with the world's religions, but then break it after 3.5 years:

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate." (Dan. 9:27 NKJ)

For the first half of his reign, the False Christ is friends with the world's religions (Babylon the Great), but at mid-week he declares himself to be "the seed of Satan" (Gen. 3:15) "Son of Destruction" (2 Thess. 2:3-4) and his supporters burn Babylon the Harlot with Fire, because the Beast declares himself God and no longer needs the world's religions:

16 "And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. (Rev. 17:16 NKJ)

When Babylon is destroyed, the political protection she gave the Church "in the wilderness" within her, is removed and all the haters of Christianity rise up to destroy it and the Great Tribulation to force the church accept the Mark of the Beast begins:

Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished. (Dan. 12:7 NKJ)

12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write:`Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."

But before the bowls of God's wrath are poured out, the Church is raptured

14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, "Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe."
16 So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped.
17 Then another angel came o (Rev. 14:8-17 NKJ)

11 "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 "Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.
(Dan. 12:11-12 NKJ)

For a complete timeline of events:
I hope you know that Lucifer is king of Babylon.
If you find comfort in Babylon,your on the wrong side.Its a good thing to come out of Babylon and a very bad thing to go into.

Last edited:
Back