Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Which Church Are We? Which Church Am I?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and thatthe shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Pick perhaps the worst church on the verge of disaster. Listen to the solution.

Preach the riot act.

Take an individual and apply fire (Holy Ghost and fire).

Get that individual to see all this is actually tough love.

Convince the person to listen to the one knocking at the door of their life.

Once inside the person has help.

Don't hold me to how many steps, or carved in stone step descriptions. We are taking a heart of stone and making it flesh.

eddif

Isaiah
19:23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

19:24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

19:25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

This vision is of the Lord's coming millennial kingdom upon the earth [Isaiah 11; Micah 4:1-3; 5; Zechariah 14:6-21]

That falling away be the Greek verb parapipto, or the Greek female noun Apostasia? Jesus said, on this rock (himself) I'll build my church where the gates of Hell shall not prevail. Paul stated that He is able to present him a glorious church without spot or blemish.

Well, the Methodist took a vote to allow gay pastors. Pretty dark in that camp to even consider a vote needing to be taken. we see lots of main denominations succumb to homosexuality.

Are these "REAL" churches, or are these just wolves that have had light shown on them? Has the "REAL" churches been corrupted?

Lot's of things in the Paste have looked good, like boy scouts, Eagle scouts, but the light gets brighter as the days to the end get closer and what looked good, was corrupted.

Is it a real church, the body of Christ, if it's been considered to stray from truth? Apostasy?

Great input.

Mike.
ya know i was raised in the united Methodist church growing up. they was very formal cut and dried what when to sing when what to pray. i was saved in a gen baptist church and joined later took the call to preach now pastor a rural country Church .the old Methodist would have never stood for this. as per the 7 churches there a little bit of every thing in the today Church paul wrote knowing the time Now is time to wake up. my question have we? pastors are quitting Churches are shutting down --how sad .your bigger Churches is easy to stay lost in if not careful .one can blend in a play possum have a form of Godliness .Lord willing i will be preaching on the spiritual mind . something much needed ..i sure need the study

ya know i was raised in the united Methodist church growing up. they was very formal cut and dried what when to sing when what to pray. i was saved in a gen baptist church and joined later took the call to preach now pastor a rural country Church .the old Methodist would have never stood for this. as per the 7 churches there a little bit of every thing in the today Church paul wrote knowing the time Now is time to wake up. my question have we? pastors are quitting Churches are shutting down --how sad .your bigger Churches is easy to stay lost in if not careful .one can blend in a play possum have a form of Godliness .Lord willing i will be preaching on the spiritual mind . something much needed ..i sure need the study

My biggest beef with the United Methodist is taking that stupid gay vote to allow gay clergy. It barely did not pass, but now homosexuality is so ingrained in the Methodist church, even effecting their boy scouts and other groups. You shut that nonsense off quickly, and don't even play around with it. Now, it's to late. This is what happens when you have a book you Cherish more than actual scriptures, like the book of Discipline which opened the door for such a vote.

http://www.churchleadership.org/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=42346&columnid=4545
· Every year more than 4000 churches close their doors compared to just over 1000 new church starts!

· There were about 4,500 new churches started between 1990 and 2000, with a twenty year average of nearly 1000 a year.

· Every year, 2.7 million church members fall into inactivity. This translates into the realization that people are leaving the church. From our research, we have found that they are leaving as hurting and wounded victims-of some kind of abuse, disillusionment, or just plain neglect!

I don't buy into the last statistic. People like to make excuses for not serving God, and it can't be their fault. I have been kicked out of two churches, and not one time did it occur to me to stop going to church. When I was Pastor of a small church, I had time to visit a few folks, and talk with them. That is not possible with a huge church. People need to put into practice what you teach, and stop asking for prayer every other day.

It does seem like Churches are declining, but it may also just be the sign of the times where the goats and sheep are starting to get separated, the light from the dark, and no more grey.

Mike.

I think that...
Isaiah
19:23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

19:24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

19:25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

This vision is of the Lord's coming millennial kingdom upon the earth [Isaiah 11; Micah 4:1-3; 5; Zechariah 14:6-21]

There were Christians in the Egypt area. The churches of that area of Egypt today need help. I see the present help that Christ purchased available now. We are the glorius victorious church. I post based on the work of Christ Jesus. I fall short and press forward. Today is to day.
Hebrews 3:15
While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Hebrews 4:1
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being leftus of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

His eternal rest is available today.

Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

IMHO the mind ezra speaks of is not killed by the flesh. The mind of Christ is greater.

eddif

Last edited:
The Methodists
Convince them of sin
Righteousness
Judgement

These are the grandmas and grandpaws of a lot of the Holy Spirit movement. The Holy Spirit moving inside them today can change them. I can use the flesh and not get a thing done. The fellow knocking at the door can work wonders if any man opens the door .

Mississippi backwoods redneck
eddif

(H.E) is an abbreviation for His Eminence. This is not just a title, but being the very first made man, the procreator of the mankind race, our very first bio-father, He is the most superior of all men.
But Jesus said there is none greater among men than John, The Baptist.

My biggest beef with the United Methodist is taking that stupid gay vote to allow gay clergy. It barely did not pass, but now homosexuality is so ingrained in the Methodist church, even effecting their boy scouts and other groups. You shut that nonsense off quickly, and don't even play around with it. Now, it's to late. This is what happens when you have a book you Cherish more than actual scriptures, like the book of Discipline which opened the door for such a vote.

http://www.churchleadership.org/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=42346&columnid=4545
· Every year more than 4000 churches close their doors compared to just over 1000 new church starts!

· There were about 4,500 new churches started between 1990 and 2000, with a twenty year average of nearly 1000 a year.

· Every year, 2.7 million church members fall into inactivity. This translates into the realization that people are leaving the church. From our research, we have found that they are leaving as hurting and wounded victims-of some kind of abuse, disillusionment, or just plain neglect!

I don't buy into the last statistic. People like to make excuses for not serving God, and it can't be their fault. I have been kicked out of two churches, and not one time did it occur to me to stop going to church. When I was Pastor of a small church, I had time to visit a few folks, and talk with them. That is not possible with a huge church. People need to put into practice what you teach, and stop asking for prayer every other day.

It does seem like Churches are declining, but it may also just be the sign of the times where the goats and sheep are starting to get separated, the light from the dark, and no more grey.

Mike.
i agree on the statistics . i still have some family in umc but they dont go along with gay issue . my self i could never be part of that church . i have had few experinces in a church my 1st one use be a former Methodist church over 100 years old .they had pulled from the conference. had no pastor only had s.s class abourt 6 older ladies .i had small number growth starting spiritual growth . buttt i brought in some used older heavenyhighway song books. the cong liked .but one lady didnt... they fired me and all i got was love offering once month maybe $30.00 . the other was older church to .till one gal tried tell me i couldn't administer the Lord supper .90 days at a free will bapt church they told me was trying some one else. i asked if it was me. he said no your true man of God. they just want some one more laid back .the worst thing is people have lost their want to and desire .it goes on on i keep pressing on

To the readers of my posts .... I have changed my logo to "Bible Linker" instead of "Straightshot" because of a conflict on another forum that I post to .... I want all of my Internet postings to reflect the same logo

So from no on I will be posting as "Bible Linker"

Thanks

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back