Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Which would be worse Recieving the Mark of the Beast or Killing yourself before.....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

K stunna

Im just asking, cause from my understanding if you recieve the mark of the beast you will not be able to enter the gates of Heaven.....
But, Killing yourself is a sin and you can go to hell for it also

This is the Scenario:

The World is in Chaos and Revalations is coming true, you see everyone getting the Mark of the Beast, and they are now forcing you to get it should i kill myself before they give it to me or should i let them give it to me

[By the way they are trying to keep you alive and have you straped to a chair and will soon brand you with it, your only choices are to take it or to kill yourself]

Re: Which would be worse Recieving the Mark of the Beast or Killing yourself before..

Wow another expert on 'Revelations'

Re: Which would be worse Recieving the Mark of the Beast or Killing yourself before..

The Mark of the Beast denies you heaven; killing yourself denies you heaven. '''Thou shall not kill'''

We can still avoid killing ourselves or getting the mark. John 3:16 and holding CHRIST firmly is the way out.

Wow another expert on 'Revelations'

Dude, what are you talking about? If i was an expert i would never ask and my Title would be a statement instead of a question, dont be a troll.........:nono2

The Mark of the Beast denies you heaven; killing yourself denies you heaven. '''Thou shall not kill'''

We can still avoid killing ourselves or getting the mark. John 3:16 and holding CHRIST firmly is the way out.

Thanks man for a reasonable answer, i couldnt really wrap my head around this one........

But still not quite the clearest of answers, cause not all of the time does Christ intervene nor did i read where in the bible it stated that suicide denies you Heaven please quote the verse or verses please

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Revelation 21:8 (KJV)

"Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Matthew 5:21-22 (KJV)

"You shall not murder."

Exodus 20:13 (NKJV)

"For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,†“You shall not murder,†“You shall not steal,†“You shall not bear false witness,†“You shall not covet,†and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.â€"

Romans 13:9 (NKJV)

"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral,

sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake

which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.â€"

Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)

"We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him."

1 John 3:14-15 (NIV)

Neither.

The Book of Revelation is not meant to be taken literally, it's symbolic. Jesus taught with metaphor and symbolism throughout His ministry. He spoke in parables where "prodigal sons" and "wheat and tares" and "laborers in the vineyard" where symbolic of other things, recognizabe to His audience at the time, and perhaps not so easily understood today without interpretation.

I don't think we completely understand the nature of apocalyptic literature today. It's as if, 2,000 years from today, someone would pick up an article based on satire and try to understand it as a literal message, long after satire had ceased to be used as a literary device and had become a totally alien form of literature.

Im just asking, cause from my understanding if you recieve the mark of the beast you will not be able to enter the gates of Heaven.....

This is the Scenario:

The World is in Chaos and Revalations is coming true, you see everyone getting the Mark of the Beast, and they are now forcing you to get it should i kill myself before they give it to me or should i let them give it to me

[By the way they are trying to keep you alive and have you straped to a chair and will soon brand you with it, your only choices are to take it or to kill yourself]

if every thing is according to how this is said, and that is also my understanding too, but I will admit this topic is not one of my strongest areas because I really am not sure which prophetic teaching is correct or more accurate. But forsake of discussion, I would say taking the mark would be worse then killing yourself in that scenario.

I would suggest reading up on what the mark of the beast actually is and not rely on hyped up hollywood perspectives.

It's not an either/or question. Just like no one can force you to renounce your faith, no one can force you to get the mark of the beast. Presumably if you refuse to get it, they will kill you and you will be a martyr. Personally, I am not worried about it since I believe in the rapture.

where in the bible it stated that suicide denies you Heaven please quote the verse or verses please

The Bible doesn't say that suicide is a sin. The idea that it is self murder is a contrived definition which does not fit in with the traditional definition. Most people who commit suicide are suffering from some sort of mental illness like severe depression.

That having been said, a Christian is supposed to have the Lord in charge of their life and if someone decides that they can't handle this life and they are going to end it prematurely, then they are basically "impeaching" the Lord and putting them self in charge of their destiny instead of trusting Him to see them through till He calls them home.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Samson commited suicide, but he asked the Lord to help him.

Judges 16:28 Then Samson prayed to the LORD, "O Sovereign LORD, remember me. O God, please strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes." 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines!" Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived. (Source: answers.yahoo.com)

K Stunna, there are two erroneous assumptions here: a: all suicides go to hell and b: anyone can be forced to take the mark.

Felix's post on suicide is a good one, take it to heart.

As for being forcibly branded with the mark of the beast, do you believe in a just and loving God or not? If someone is tied to a chair and will be branded with something, do you think God is going to condemn that person? Our God looks upon the heart.

I agree with Fedusenko... educate yourself on what the mark of the beast is and isn't.

You know what...there is some good news! The Holy Spirit marks His own as well. If you are sealed with the Holy Spirit, believe me, you don't have to worry about this dire fate.

Also, remember Peter. Peter flat out denied our Lord, not once, but three different times. And, he did it out of fear, not because someone was forcing him to. Yet, Jesus didn't even bring the subject up...He gave Peter the opportunity to speak his love for Him, three times, and placed him in charge of the flock.

Again, God looks at our hearts.

the mark of the beast cant be some techie thing thing but in context its what solomon did with isreal and also how the pharisees traded with rome and declared the ceaser to king of the jews.

Good post, Mark. :yes

But let me address the question in a different way.

If there is to be some future "mark of the beast', one would not have to kill themselves. Just refuse to accept this mark and refuse to worship the beast. They will take care of the rest for you.

Rev. 13:15

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Neither.

The Book of Revelation is not meant to be taken literally, it's symbolic. Jesus taught with metaphor and symbolism throughout His ministry. He spoke in parables where "prodigal sons" and "wheat and tares" and "laborers in the vineyard" where symbolic of other things, recognizabe to His audience at the time, and perhaps not so easily understood today without interpretation.

I don't think we completely understand the nature of apocalyptic literature today. It's as if, 2,000 years from today, someone would pick up an article based on satire and try to understand it as a literal message, long after satire had ceased to be used as a literary device and had become a totally alien form of literature.

This is the Scenario:

Probably needs to be in the "end Times" section, but for what it's worth, I don't believe the "mark or the beast" is an actual mark / symbol 'ON" anyone, but rather a characteristic of the anti-Christ (Not a person, but those who are anti Christ; be they individuals or institutions)

So, to receive the mark of the beast, so to say, is to subject ones self to being anti Christian, or none Christian...or non-believer.

In this sense you may have started with the wrong question.

Probably needs to be in the "end Times" section, but for what it's worth, I don't believe the "mark or the beast" is an actual mark / symbol 'ON" anyone, but rather a characteristic of the anti-Christ (Not a person, but those who are anti Christ; be they individuals or institutions)

So, to receive the mark of the beast, so to say, is to subject ones self to being anti Christian, or none Christian...or non-believer.

In this sense you may have started with the wrong question.
I agree Danus

Good post, Mark. :yes

But let me address the question in a different way.

If there is to be some future "mark of the beast', one would not have to kill themselves. Just refuse to accept this mark and refuse to worship the beast. They will take care of the rest for you.

Rev. 13:15

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

I agree. If Revelation is an actual literal view of things to come, this would be the choice I'd take...I hope.

dont tell them futurists that there not going to some large temple coming down and some river with a tree of life that has 12 fruits on it. they dont like that.

This is the Scenario:

Why entertain such an ungodly thought when all provisions have been presented in the Word to completely avoid hell or the tribulation? There is no good backup plan to one who misses the rapture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Be a follower of Christ, ask him to reveal knowledge and such things will not be of concern to you.

Back