Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who are the Four Horsemen?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kathi

Who are the Four Horsemen in Revelation Chapter 6?Do you think they are symbolic?Alot of Revelation can be symbolic.

Zec 6:1 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.
Zec 6:2 In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;
Zec 6:3 And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.
Zec 6:4 Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?
Zec 6:5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.
Zec 6:6 The black horses which are therein go forth into the north
country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country.
Zec 6:7 And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth.

Zec 6:1 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.
Zec 6:2 In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;
Zec 6:3 And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.
Zec 6:4 Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?
Zec 6:5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.
Zec 6:6 The black horses which are therein go forth into the north
country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country.
Zec 6:7 And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth.
What is your opinion of the Four Horsemen according to these verses?

Since you replaced the Verses in Revelation 6th Chapter with the verses in Zechariah what is your opinion of the Book of Revelation?

Sorry @Kaiti replacing them was not my intent just part of an explanation as to what i think Those in The Revelation of Jesus Christ are IMO Him

Sorry @Kaiti replacing them was not my intent just part of an explanation as to what i think Those in The Revelation of Jesus Christ are IMO Him

I agree with Reba saying she was not replacing them but I disagree with you saying it was a picture of Christ but I believe

It is the four spirits of god which causes times to be at hand.
The book of revelation chap 6 explained the times

This is judgment - This is tribulation – This is to come
These first four seals extend from the tribulation’s inception beginning with the peace treaty to its end, while the fifth through the seventh seals fill in the details and atrocities according to Gene Hawkins.

The four beasts, those full overcomes with Christ call for judgment – Come!
Jesus opens the seals, but Jesus is not the rider of these horses.
To me these four riders are representative of the full power of Satan.

Rev 6:2 The white horse rider is the anti-Christ. “He went forth conquering, and to conquer.”

Rev 6:4 T he red horse rider was given power – Jesus already has all authority and power. “Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth.”

Rev 6:5-6 The rider on the black horse will destroy our sustenance I imagine through pollution.

Revelation 6:8. This pale horse rider is death- Jesus is life

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

This is judgment - This is tribulation – This is to come
These first four seals extend from the tribulation’s inception beginning with the peace treaty to its end, while the fifth through the seventh seals fill in the details and atrocities according to Gene Hawkins.

The four beasts, those full overcomes with Christ call for judgment – Come!
Jesus opens the seals, but Jesus is not the rider of these horses.
To me these four riders are representative of the full power of Satan.

Rev 6:2 The white horse rider is the anti-Christ. “He went forth conquering, and to conquer.”

Rev 6:4 T he red horse rider was given power – Jesus already has all authority and power. “Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth.”

Rev 6:5-6 The rider on the black horse will destroy our sustenance I imagine through pollution.

Revelation 6:8. This pale horse rider is death- Jesus is life

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Does scripture supports this saying? Reba posted a scripture reference to revelations chap 6. Don't you think the scripture would support the saying?

The first horseman Revelation 6:2 is the Antichrist who will be given authority and will conquer.
The second horseman Revelation 6:4 is the terrible warfare.
The third horseman Revelation 6:5-6 is a great famine as a result of wars.
The fourth horseman Revelation 6:8 is death and devastation that will bring more death,warfare and famine.These horsemen are only "precursors" to the worst that is yet to come.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The Book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ... it is not a book of the revelation of some antichrist.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The Book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ... it is not a book of the revelation of some antichrist.
If the Book of Revelation of Jesus Christ does not include the Antichrist then what do these verses mean to you?
Revelation 13:5-8 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue[a] for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe,[b] tongue, and nation. 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The book of Revelation was given to John.This book is about things to come.It is the final warning to the world.

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Rev_19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Gen_9:13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Mat_27:29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

Christ wears a the crown He is the victor

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back