Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Who do you think has control of our weather?

Kathi

Right now we are in blizzard conditions.19 degrees with the wind blowing like crazy.Snow is coming down sideways.It is horrible outside.

I believe God is in control of the weather. If we were it would be much worse. You could send some of that snow here. We need it bad.

God is in control of all things, including the weather, and through His providence, provides for and protects His children, but He also ordains or permits Satan, demons, and mankind to exercise their limited will to commit acts of sin, evil, and wickedness. These same beings are fully responsible for any and all man-made disasters and tragedies they cause. We know that God has ordained whatsoever comes to pass (Ephesians 1:11; Romans 11:36), and therefore His invisible hand is in our pain, even though He cannot sin or be the perpetrator of evil (James 1:13-17).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/weather-Satan.html#ixzz2saZsm9YN

Some people think the HAARP project is in control of the weather.

The weather is controlled by a complex system of atmospherical conditions. Although God may have the power to intervene why would He do so? He created our physical world as a system running perfectly on its own.

God controls it! :)

Job 9

5 [God] Who removes the mountains, and they know it not when He overturns them in His anger;

6 Who shakes the earth out of its place, and the pillars of it tremble;

7 Who commands the sun, and it rises not; Who seals up the stars [from view];

8 Who alone stretches out the heavens and treads upon the waves and high places of the sea;

9 Who made [the constellations] the Bear, Orion, and the [loose cluster] Pleiades, and the [vast starry] spaces of the south;

The weather is controlled by a complex system of atmospherical conditions. Although God may have the power to intervene why would He do so? He created our physical world as a system running perfectly on its own.

I almost totally agree with you. I would say that....
Although God Does have the power to intervene why would He do so?
Because people are praying for Him to intervene.

Their is a reason for everything that God allows.We may not know that reason because God's understanding is very different than our own.We are human.

Jethro Bodine You can include me with them. Some of the perscribed drugs I regularly take or the combination thereof produces quite a bit of methane. By the way I glow in the dark, too; maybe it is because I love to drink milk and fat free (skim) at that. I remember reading on a thread here a while back of how BAD and hazzardous milk is supposed to be.

Yes, Mother Nature is a title which falls right in line with witchcraft and sorcery.

Concerning the weather: I have wondered how this description of satan in Ephes 2:2 "the ruler of the kingdom of the air,..." plays into the weather as weather is mainly caused by the movements of air-hot or cold, moist or dry.

Last edited:

yet it cries for the redemption of man.

...the weather as weather is mainly caused by the movements of air-hot or cold, moist or dry.
It's true. Air movement, and it's consequences, which we call 'the weather' is caused by varying densities of air masses and what happens when they move over the various surfaces of the globe (mountains, bodies of water, etc.), and what happens when those varying masses of air collide.

The answer to the OP?

The weather is in control of whoever has control of it at any one moment in time. Whether that be God, presumably through angels; demonic forces; or Christians, who like Elijah, are praying about the weather:

"The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops." (James 5:16-17 NASB)

we have prayed for rain in florida a few times and no hurricanes. oh I mean the correct word himmacanes. don't want to offend the feminists.

Back