Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Who ever gets the last Word

Nick_29 said:
hey Jason, the first line of your signature "silence, I kill you" - is that Achmed the dead terrorist?
yes, your the first to get that, i wish you could hear me say that, i do it justice, i like peanut and walter, jeff Dunham what a genius

jason

yep, genius. I love Achmed! :D. I'm surprised that I'm the first to pick it up :shrug.

the last line "yes we can spend our way out of recession" - is that sarcastic?

Nick_29 said:
yep, genius. I love Achmed! :D. I'm surprised that I'm the first to pick it up :shrug.

of course you should now that by now, that's mainly directed to americans who believed that fdr policies helped america out of the depression really it was wwII, i was taught that in amercian history class, now the insnity repeats itself.

getting off topic i hope things work out as many of my friends are out work and i will lose $200.00 a month come October.

jason

jasoncran said:
Nick_29 said:

of course you should now that by now, that's mainly directed to americans who believed that fdr policies helped america out of the depression really it was wwII, i was taught that in amercian history class, now the insnity repeats itself.

getting off topic i hope things work out as many of my friends are out work and i will lose $200.00 a month come October.

jason
as long as you're winning, you're never off topic in this thread! :D

And yes, it was the war which got the whole world pretty much out of the Great Depression, but that was becasue of the extra spending and jobs created becasue of it. So essentialy it was spending that did it, becasue more spending = more jobs = going out of recession and growing economy.

i see your point but the war caused the business to have confidence that the economy would go up as they knew that the it was death,or opression they decided to give it a try and the recover begain, but in america the people also saccrificed certain things, ie the cards for shoes, recycling of steel and the alloting food soo that the soldiers could have things needed to survive, they back then all pulled together and got through it by the grace of God.

today is different, people now look to the government as a big provider as the phisophy now is what in it for me. Btw did you know these national sights in America were all built in the depression, The golden gate bridge, Hoover Dam, the basic roads called US and number ie where i live its US1 or the more famous one US66,aka route 66.Despite the many projects being done the depression was still on.

jason

yes, confidence is what kicks the economic growth along, and it's very importatn. That's why all the politions are saying that the recession is starting to get over. The reality is that it's still got a long way to go, but we're getting there.

I didn't know about all those big developments in the great depression, but it makes sense. The reason that the effects of the spending and jobs created weren't felt until years later ,was becasue that big projects like the ones you mentioned, and unemployment are what economists call 'lagging indicators'. It takes a while for the effects to be shown on the economy.

We should probably be discussing this in the politics and government thread though.

It doesn't matter where you discuss it, I'm taking the win anyway hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahah
ahaha
ahaa
ah
a

Back