Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Who ever gets the last Word

Yeah, I also want to learn Hebrew someday, so I can read the original manuscripts for the bible. Yeah and translating isn't that hard, it's like umm... well...just knowing....or reading...it's kind of hard to explain...but it's easier to do,that's all I know.

Yeah, well, I'd have to know the languages first before I could translate anything. So far I'm only fluent in English, and that can be rightly questioned sometimes.

The school that I go to offers Classical Greek, which I thought would be cool to learn for Bible study. My thing is, I have a scholarship, and if I wish to keep it, then I have to have like a 3.75 GPA. Not an easy thing to do in college classes, even in English. I thought that I could just take the class after I graduate, but I'll have to see. It would be cool, though.

Si, usted.Yes I would love to learn greek and understand it too.

Timothy said:
Would you like me to share some of what I'm, learning in my greek classes?

I thought you once said that you are taking Greek.

That would be cool! I can't say I'd get the hang of it real well, but one can try, right? Is it difficult?

Here's the amount of Greek I know, alpha and omega.Oh yeah go me, do a little dance, oh yeah.Well that and beta, gamma, pi,phi,delta ,theta,and some others from math and sciences.

Yeah, that's about the extent of my knowledge in Greek. The only one's that I know the meaning to are alpha and omega - beginning and end, respectively, I think.

Yeah, it menas beginning and end, I have no clue what the others mean ,I didn't even know you could take those funny looking symols called greek letters and form them into actual words, until recently.

Yeah, I just sort of thought they were separate entities unto themselves,kind of had a whole lot of different meanings, though I never really though about how they really would have communicated.

Maybe you just likened it unto the Chinese and Japanese writing or possibly hieroglyphics.

No, no not really.Yeah I figured out what I'm puuting on my letterman jacket sophmore, wise fool, plus ppl always try to make me a sophmore, A ) my age
B) my size
C) I look like one

Well, you have to admit, age wise you are a sophomore, so I guess that's understandable. I don't suppose that excuses it, however, especially the people you're graduating with.

I never got a letterman jacket. I could have, but it would have cost a lot and I would have only had it during the last semester of my high school years. They are warm, though. I have to admit, I kind of wanted one, but I already had a good coat. I decided not to bother with it.

I found out it's free as long as you get just the school letter on it and nothing else, but to me it kinda defeats the purpose.

Around here free letterman jackets are most definitely not the case. I'm confused (what else is new?) how does it defeat the purpose?

You're supposed to put the activities you letter in on it, that's why you get it for a certain club, and it idetifies you as one with school pride, spirit and and such and such(haha).

Well, I guess if I'd thought about it hard enough, I would have figured that out. I have to admit, my life's theme song is "If I Only Had a Brain." I am the scarecrow reincarnated. Well, I would be if I believed in reincarnation...

I have a theme song, or had one that went to the song If I only had a brain, but it's kind of retarded and disturbing , and really signifies something that doesn't need to be revisited.But anywayz back to the thread .. Ha ha I am winning.

No, you only think you are!

By the way, do you think we scared off Timothy?

Back