Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Who ever gets the last Word

Yeah, I know patience is a virtue. I just wondered if we scared you or if you decided that you couldn't get a word in edge-wise, so you weren't going to say anything. Then again, I guess I should know by now that "you're never too far away." :wink:

Yeah, I think we scared him, he just doesn't want to admit it, I mean , all by myself, I'm a pretty scary person.

You can win even with idle chat. But hey, I guess it's up to you. By the way, I'm winning!

To truly win, it is wise to let the discussion becoming too boring and than interject at the end of it. I'm just biding my time. 8-)

I find this "idle chat" to be both intellectually stimulating and it provides me with a vantage point.So , ha, it serves two purposes, there's no point in posting if the post has no meaning.

Then what do you consider you are doing when you post on the word thread? Is it not slightly meaningless to post the first word that comes to mind when you read a single word? Just curious...

I actually find it somewhat fun, but it's not absolutely meaningless, I guess it's more of a brain relieving while at the same time expressing a love for things such as lexicography type thing, its not absolutely meaningless, everything has purpose.

Well, I guess you're right there. It is entertaining and relieving for the brain, which are both things we need from time to time. At least, I do.

Did, I mention that I hate physics, I definitely need a break from that , and the fact that I should have listened when older wiser ppl told me that half the courses I'm taking were killer courses, which could drive any sane person crazy.I was never sane to begin with , so what does this mean.

You sound a lot like me. For some unknown, and obviously idiotic reason, I took Advanced Chem. in the eleventh grade, and every moment of it was torture. Then, in the 12th grade, I went off and took trigonometry! After doing that, I decided that I had to be the biggest idiot on the planet because nobody that has any inkling of what they're good at will put themselves through that kind of stress. So, if you're crazy, then I am, which means that I think I just called you crazy. Nothing personal.

THat's okay, I'd agree with you but actually all of it was my mom's decision, I just went along with it because I believed Iwas smart enough to get through it, but next Sem. I'll have 5 AP classes, I feel my sanity falling away from me as I speak. This bites.

Holy smokes! 5 AP classes! I only had one - English (lit.), and it was hard enough. Of course I also did have trig., French II, and a few electives. Mercy to goodness, I can't imagine five AP classes in one year! Are you planning on taking the test in each class, or do you even have a choice?

There's no choice, AP test or die.Amember of my church who's also a teacher , looked on me with pity after I told her all that Iwas taking and plus some.She said maybe i should appeal to my parents , maybe the could loosen up a little, and even if they didn't if I made a bad grade in the classes it wouldn't be solely my fault, I warned them.

I have to agree there. One can only do what one can do. I had to try to acknowledge my limits in choosing classes or I knew I'd lose my GPA, which, incidentally, is what colleges look at mostly. That and your ACT or SAT scores. It's not necessarily whether you're an honors graduate or not.

Well, if you can't get out of any of it, just remember to pace yourself, petition God for clarity of mind, and just do your best. You don't have anything to prove and it's not a competition. You're smart, I know. I also know that whatever you take on as a career, you will do well at. Remember, high school is not everything; it's actually just a tiny bit. I know you'll survive.

Yeah, except I'm kind of stuck in the line of GPA, We get a whole extra grade point for taking AP classes, e.g. a regular class, (except for senior classes) gets a 4.8 for 98 but honors/AP it's a 5.8, on a 6.0 scale, and everyone gets rated on a 6.0 scale so maybe ther's some logc to it, but most of the classes I'm taking would get advanced points already since they're senior classes.

Back