Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Science __ ] WHO IS DEAD? GOD OR DARWIN?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You very much WANT Genesis to be wrong and that any word used that can also be thought of as solid has to be solid here. I do look up the Hebrew and that word, Raquia is used twice.
Do not tell me what I want. Do not speak for me for what you think I very much want. I "very much want" Scripture to be accurately taught. Why don't you stop worrying about me and stop trying to argue with me, and instead just deal with the standard Bible concordances. That's where my information is coming from. So, like I said take it up with them if you don’t like it. And take it up with NIV translation committee. Ask the NIV translation committee and the Bible concordance committees why they "very much WANT Genesis to be wrong."

phpICSYu9.jpg

Raqia
phpsuoot4.jpg

Stereoma
phpUiLasP.jpg

And yet that word is NEVER used to describe a solid surface, just the area outside of earth.
Can you please not put your cut and paste bits in extremely large type. It is not necessary to shout
And yet it IS, because that is literally what the words mean, unless you think the Bible concordances are wrong. The "area outside the earth" called "Sky" is called a "solid support" stereoma in the Bible that separates the waters above from the waters below

@
Do not tell me what I want. Do not speak for me for what you think I very much want. I "very much want" Scripture to be accurately taught. Why don't you stop worrying about me and stop trying to argue with me, and instead just deal with the standard Bible concordances. That's where my information is coming from. So, like I said take it up with them if you don’t like it. And take it up with NIV translation committee. Ask the NIV translation committee and the Bible concordance committees why they "very much WANT Genesis to be wrong."

phpICSYu9.jpg

Raqia
phpsuoot4.jpg

Stereoma
phpUiLasP.jpg
Does it tell the word is used exactly twice and only in reference to the cosmos? Never ever to a solid surface?

phpICSYu9.jpg

Raqia
phpsuoot4.jpg

Stereoma
phpUiLasP.jpg
The NIV translation committee didn’t translate that Hebrew word as “solid surface.”

The NIV translation committee didn’t translate that Hebrew word as “solid surface.”
"Vault"! It doesn't seem like you've read over the Bible concordance entries I've now posted 3-4 times that address all this that refer to "the vault of heaven, or firmament regarded by Hebrew as solid, and supporting the waters above"

TMal3

Where is Genesis changed to reflect modern science? You claimed it is. Where, I asked.

“Dom” is certainly a terrible choice of words and is the opposite of modern science.

"Vault"! It doesn't seem like you've read over the Bible concordance entries I've now posted 3-4 times that address all this
I don’t understand what you’re referring to. One translation used the word “vault” which misses the mark pretty far for either science or scripture. I read the entries. What do you mean?

TMal3

Where is Genesis changed to reflect modern science? You claimed it is. Where, I asked.

“Dom” is certainly a terrible choice of words and is the opposite of modern science.
I have answered your question several times. I even stated translations like the NLT that mistranslate as "space"

I don’t understand what you’re referring to. One translation used the word “vault” which misses the mark pretty far for either science or scripture. I read the entries. What do you mean?
We are obviously having difficulty communicating for some reason and I'm not sure why. You read through the concordance entries below, yes?

Raqia

phpsuoot4.jpg

Stereoma

phpUiLasP.jpg

The problem as I see it is this.

God created the expanse/firmament/cosmos/space surrounding earth and while I believe He communicated this to Moses, you don’t, right?

Are any of those accurately describing the area surrounding the earth (avoiding “cosmos.”)
I don't know. I don't know what you mean by "accurate." Accurate translation? Accurate description of the earth and cosmos as we understand it today?

I am not trying to solve any problems (real or perceived) that any of those words might seem to create. I am simply trying to be faithful to the Greek and Hebrew words that are used in Scripture and what Bible concordances say those Greek & Hebrew words mean.

On Day 2, God created a raqia/steroma "in the midst of the waters" (not in the cosmos, not on the earth, not surrounding the earth. Genesis simply says God created a raqia/stereoma "in the waters" to "separate the waters to separate the waters below from the waters from the waters.")

Hebrew raqia: solid expanse, extended solid surface, vault of heaven

Greek stereoma: solid support, firm support, firmament, arch of the sky

Did God describe to man that the area surrounding earth as solid or not?
According to Genesis, God created some type of solid support/supporting structure "in the midst of the waters to separate the waters from the wasters."

Do you see a problem with the two positions?

a. The Bible is inspired by God.
b. The Bible is wrong or untrue in some places like Genesis.

How can God inspire writings that aren’t true?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back