Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Greetings again DavidT,
Deceived Christian pastors will say it is Jesus Christ, along with deceived Jews claiming it is their Messiah
You are following the thinking introduced by a Jesuit, that the AntiChrist will set himself up in Jerusalem. This Jesuit introduced this concept to deflect from the popular early Protestants' accusation that the Catholic Church is the AntiChrist system. Many Evangelicals and Tele-Evangelists and Popular Writers have adopted this false theory.
What "vial" does the battle of Armageddon happen on per that Revelation 16 Chapter? Answer: on the final 7th Vial, and that represents the "day of the Lord", the very last day of this present world when Jesus returns.
Revelation 16:12–16 (KJV): 12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. 15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
The sixth Vial does speak about the decision by the three "unclean spirit" centres calling on the nations to gather to Battle, and then verse 16 it is Christ that actually gathers them to the Battle of Armageddon, but you are correct, the Battle occurs in the 7th Vial. This is only the beginning of the changes that will happen, and Revelation 17 speaks of the period of time when Ten Kings will oppose Christ after the Battle of Armageddon. You incorrectly seem to suggest the destruction of the earth.
I hope you are not referring to the orthodox Jew's deception of God restoring ALL the nation of Israel in the holy land prior to Christ's actual future return, for that idea is NOT written.
I believe a significant remnant of natural Israel will be converted by Christ AFTER he returns Micah 4:1-8.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again DavidT,

You are following the thinking introduced by a Jesuit, that the AntiChrist will set himself up in Jerusalem. This Jesuit introduced this concept to deflect from the popular early Protestants' accusation that the Catholic Church is the AntiChrist system. Many Evangelicals and Tele-Evangelists and Popular Writers have adopted this false theory.
You are following the false Jews' doctrines of the "synagogue of Satan", and are not to be trusted.

The false Jews that reject Jesus of Nazareth as Messiah are waiting for 'their' false-Messiah, Lucifer himself whom they worship. That is why the doctrine you are pushing about the pope as the Antichrist and Rome as the Babylon harlot "great city" is a favorite doctrine of those false Jews, because it gets people's attention off of JERUSALEM where they plan to setup their "king of the world" for the end.

And the only... reason why others here might listen to you is because they are not aware of what I'm talking about nor what God's Word is actually pointing to about JERUSALEM under Lucifer's control for the end of this world just prior to Jesus Christ's coming to end it all.

Greetings again reddogs,

Yes, we should humbly seek to understand what God has been pleased to reveal. If you look at various commentaries on Daniel 12:4, there is often mention of the greater movement of people, by such means as planes, trains and automobiles. Although this is true, and has helped the spread of knowledge in general, I believe that it is talking about the spread of knowledge concerning the things of God, especially an understanding of End Time Events.
Daniel 12:4 (KJV): But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

This is also reinforced in the following that despite the fact that some of the events would not be understood until the time of the end, in contrast at the time of the end "the wise shall understand". An interesting feature of what has been hidden, but should now be understood by the faithful wise, are the three time periods, and this is a challenge for us to correctly understand.
Daniel 12:5–13 (KJV): 5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? 7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. 11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. 13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

These three time periods have been discussed in my fellowship in recent years and also very recently and I am more than satisfied with the general consensus revealed by some of our respected senior expositors. I feel very blessed with this understanding, which indicates God is working to bring about the complete fulfillment of Daniel 12 soon and the events leading up to this, as detailed in Daniel 11:40-45 regarding the Time of the End. This understanding is different to Protestant Commentators, in other words I have not encountered a similar view to what our fellowship has determined.

Also our view is very different from the SDA view. One of the SDA problems is that they do not see that Israel have still a place in God's purpose on the earth, as the SDAs are convinced that natural Israel and the nations will be burnt up together with the earth for the 1000 years, and they are locked into worrying about the supposed anticipated Sunday Sabbath Law because of the strange false prophecy by EG White in her book The Great Controversy.

Kind regards
Trevor
Israel rejected Christ and so it was given to the peoples and nations, so now you have spiritual Israel which is grafted in, so its open to all not just one demographic. So we shall see many at the kingdom table, and does who were a special people be left out if they turn down the gift Christ has, thus what we see the warnings given them.

Greetings again reddogs,
Israel rejected Christ and so it was given to the peoples and nations, so now you have spiritual Israel which is grafted in, so its open to all not just one demographic. So we shall see many at the kingdom table, and does who were a special people be left out if they turn down the gift Christ has, thus what we see the warnings given them.
SDAs reject the return of natural Israel to their Land and a significant remnant of these being converted at the return of Jesus to become the First Dominion of the Kingdom of God upon the Earth for the 1000 years. The SDAs believe the earth will be burnt and desolate for the 1000 years. SDAs believe the faithful will be Kings and Priests in Heaven ruling over and adjudicating ALL the wicked dead for the 1000 years. What a morbid role.
Micah 4:1–8 (KJV): 1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it. 5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. 6 In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted; 7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. 8 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again DavidT,

Revelation 16:12–16 (KJV): 12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. 15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
The sixth Vial does speak about the decision by the three "unclean spirit" centres calling on the nations to gather to Battle, and then verse 16 it is Christ that actually gathers them to the Battle of Armageddon, but you are correct, the Battle occurs in the 7th Vial. This is only the beginning of the changes that will happen, and Revelation 17 speaks of the period of time when Ten Kings will oppose Christ after the Battle of Armageddon. You incorrectly seem to suggest the destruction of the earth.

I believe a significant remnant of natural Israel will be converted by Christ AFTER he returns Micah 4:1-8.

Kind regards
Trevor
Very true, it was Manuel De Lacunza a Jesuit priest who used the pseudonym Juan Josafat Ben-Ezra in twisting of the prophecies of the Bible to deflect what pointed to the Catholic Church as the Antichrist entity, which was entitled 'The Coming of the Messiah in Majesty and Glory.'
We also see the curious way Futurism was introduced into the Protestant churches and those who brought it in...
'Futurism first entered Protestantism in nineteenth-century England by two apparently widely separated developments. The first was the appearance of a Romanizing tendency in the Church of England. Briefly, the development was as follows:

Dr. Samuel R. Maitland (1792-1866), curate of Christ Church at Gloucester and later librarian to the archbishop of Canterbury, was the first notable Protestant scholar to accept the Riberan interpretation of Antichrist. Maitland held the Reformation in open contempt and freely admitted that his view of prophecy coincided with Roman Catholic interpretation. His views were first published in 1826 and received widespread study and interest. James H. Todd (1805-1869), professor of Hebrew at the University of Dublin, studied and accepted Maitland’s futuristic views. He strongly attacked the Reformers’ historical system of prophetic interpretation. Todd’s views were published and widely circulated among the theologians of his time.

John Henry Newman (1801-1890), famous high church Anglican who converted to Rome and became a cardinal, was one of the leading spirits in the Oxford, or Tractarian, movement. Five years before he joined the Roman State-Church, Newman advocated Todd’s futurism in a tract called The Protestant Idea of Antichrist. Newman wrote:

We have pleasure in believing that in matters of Doctrine we entirely agree with Dr. Todd. . . . The prophecies concerning Antichrist are as yet unfulfilled, and that the predicted enemy of the Church is yet to come.

Through the publication and dissemination of thousands of tracts, the Oxford Movement leavened English Protestantism with the idea that the Reformers’ understanding of Antichrist was untrustworthy. It effectively diverted attention from Rome to some unknown person to come in the future.

About the same time as the development of the Oxford Movement, there was another development in England which played a decisive role in bringing futurism within the Protestant movement. There was a growing disenchantment with the deadness of the established churches, a reaction against the spiritualizing tendency of postmillennialism (with its tendency toward modernism and preterism), and a revival of hope in the soon coming of Christ and the last things. Two religious leaders played an important role in these developments: Edward Irving (1792-1834), born in Scotland and a brilliant Presbyterian preacher, became a noted expositor in the British Advent Awakening. At first a historicist in his approach to the prophecies, Irving came to adopt futuristic views. He despaired of the church being able to complete her Gospel commission by the ordinary means of evangelism and began to believe and preach about the miraculous return of the gifts and power of the early church.

In 1831 the “gift of tongues” and other “prophetic utterances” made their appearance among his followers, first in Scotland among some women and then in London. Irving never detected the imposture and gave credence to these new revelations. Under the influence of these revelations of “the Holy Ghost” “by other tongues,” a new aspect was added to the expectation of a future Antichrist-the rapture of the church before the advents of Antichrist and Christ. The origin of this theory has embarrassed some of its advocates, and the defenders of this novel theory have tried to deny its historical beginning. But the discovery in a rare book by Dr. Robert Norton entitled The Restoration of Apostles and Prophets: In the Catholic Apostolic Church, published in 1861, establishes the origin of this innovative doctrine beyond all question. Norton was a participant in the Irvingite movement.

The idea of a two-stage coming of Christ first came to a Scottish lass, Miss Margaret MacDonald of Port Glasgow, Scotland, while she was in a “prophetic” trance. Norton actually preserved Miss MacDonald’s pretribulation vision and “prophetic” utterance in his book. He wrote:

Marvelous light was shed upon Scripture, and especially on the doctrine of the second Advent, by the revived spirit of prophecy. In the following account by Miss M. M.-, of an evening during which the power of the Holy Ghost rested upon her for several successive hours, in mingled prophecy and vision, we have an instance; for here we first see the distinction between that final stage of the Lord’s coming, when every eye shall see Him, and His prior appearing in glory to them that look for Him (15).

A little later the idea of the secret pre-tribulation rapture was adopted and polished by the Plymouth Brethren in their founding Powercourt Conferences of the 1830’s. S. P. Tregelles, who participated in the Powercourt Conferences, admitted that the Brethren obtained the idea of the rapture from the Irvingite movement. He wrote:

I am not aware that there was any definite teaching that there should be a Secret Rapture of the Church at a secret coming until this was given forth as an “utterance” in Mr. Irving’s church from what was then received as being the voice of the Spirit. But whether anyone ever asserted such a thing or not, it was from that supposed revelation that the modern doctrine and the modern phraseology respecting it arose (The Hope of Christ’s Coming, 35; cited by George L. Murray, Millennial Studies-A Search for Truth [Baker Book House, 1960], 138).

John Nelson Darby (1800-1882), one of the prominent founders of the movement often known as Plymouth Brethren, was not only an ardent futurist, but he added another new dimension to the futuristic scheme-dispensationalism. Oswald T. Allis wrote in his book, Prophecy and the Church:'...

Back