Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Who is the best pastor currently alive ?

Best pastor alive is Benny Hinn!

NOT................................................................... :verysick

Best pastor alive is the Holy Spirit! He is our comforter, counselor, advocate, and teacher and he is the only one who can lead us into all Truths about the Father.

Dee

jasoncran said:
olsteen simply cant say that those that havent recieved the Lord as savior are doomed to hell if they dont repent. He was asked on the Larry King about all those muslims and buddists if they were going to heaven. His is answer i'm not sure.

The bible is clear on this. You need to be born again to get to heaven, if not you are condemned already. Not a popular thing to say, but it is what Jesus said.

I wont Listen to someone that cant say that all who dont know jesus are going to hell. It needs to be told.
Would we visit a doc when we have a sickness and the doc knows we have months to live or have cancer but is afraid to hurt our feelings and fails to tell us of our condition. I think that Doc would be out of business. No different with salvation. WE all have had a sickness called sin and we will die from it unless Dr.Jesus cures us.

Maybe Mr. Osteen is a wise enough man to know that he shouldn't be going around condemning other human beings to eternal suffering based on nothing more than his limited, sinful, judgment.

Christians make up only 33% of the worlds population.

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

That includes Mormons, JW, and SD.

Let's not forget about all those Catholics.

So Jason just how many billion people are you claim the authority of the Lord to condemn to everlasting damnation on this forum today. Could you give me a number.

TorturedForChrist.jpg

Try this link and see how much a Christian can be hated, I had a copy of Tortured For Christ then this last week I found a copy of the book..

http://www.persecution.com/

This will get you a free copy of the book, I read it in 1972

https://etools.ncol.com/a/tfc/bg_vomtfc ... h_346.html

turnorburn

Maybe Mr. Osteen is a wise enough man to know that he shouldn't be going around condemning other human beings to eternal suffering based on nothing more than his limited, sinful, judgment.

Christians make up only 33% of the worlds population.

Jesus said it in the bible i guess he just not the messiah

shall i bring up the scripture for you, after all we shouldnt preach the truth now if our God is too weak. John 3:5 except ye be born agian ye shall in no wise inheret the kingdom of God. Who wrote that, John and who said that, Jesus. Not me or man. But he who died and paid the price and is the way himself. He made the exclusion not me.

If we go by the majority then i guess those three men in Daniel were wrong after there were more pagans than them. And those men choose death rather bow to that false idol and were cast alive to a fire and what happen there were spared by the Lord himself Whom shall we fear more man or God. You tell me.

I think that God is far more fearful then men. God can kill and send me to hell, Man may kill me but only God can send me to hell. I'm sorry you have a problem with hell. Call me hateful for telling the truth,

signed former Jw and bisexual
jason

happyjoy i guess at your church telling the sinner that hell is real and that he or she needs to repent is hateful. Did i condemn anyone no, Jesus does, I'm the messenger not the judge, i hope those that dont know him do know him. I have no desire for even the most evil person to go to hell. However the truth is this that without Christ, hell will be your home. I didnt make the standard. God is the judge, and we are to preach the gospel. Did the apostles in the book acts pull punches now, think of annias and saphira and also look up acts 3. Peter told them that they had the blood and innocent man on their very hands, Jesus, and what was their reaction they repented! all 3,000 souls saved that very hour. He told them they were guilty of sin and its consquences.

jasoncran said:
happyjoy i guess at your church telling the sinner that hell is real and that he or she needs to repent is hateful. Did i condemn anyone no, Jesus does, I'm the messenger not the judge, i hope those that dont know him do know him. I have no desire for even the most evil person to go to hell. However the truth is this that without Christ, hell will be your home. I didnt make the standard. God is the judge, and we are to preach the gospel. Did the apostles in the book acts pull punches now, think of annias and saphira and also look up acts 3. Peter told them that they had the blood and innocent man on their very hands, Jesus, and what was their reaction they repented! all 3,000 souls saved that very hour. He told them they were guilty of sin and its consquences.

Well Good for you that you are one of the few elect by God out of all the billions and billions who ever lived, and who live now, that get to go to heaven while the rest suffer for eternity.

I would think you upbringing as a JW has more than a little to do with that self serving view. Don't they think that only a hundred thousand people get to heaven?

Blind fundamentalists the world over think they have the lock on the truth and salvation, and everyone who doesn't adhere is doomed, which is the vast majority of others.

I find that kind of attitude to be arrogant, prideful, and not of Grace. It's the way that radical Islam views the world, and is in no way a Christian should frame their faith.

happyjoy said:
jasoncran said:

Well Good for you that you are one of the few elect by God out of all the billions and billions who ever lived, and who live now, that get to go to heaven while the rest suffer for eternity.

I would think you upbringing as a JW has more than a little to do with that self serving view. Don't they think that only a hundred thousand people get to heaven?

Blind fundamentalists the world over think they have the lock on the truth and salvation, and everyone who doesn't adhere is doomed, which is the vast majority of others.

I find that kind of attitude to be arrogant, prideful, and not of Grace. It's the way that radical Islam views the world, and is in no way a Christian should frame their faith.

DES? Izatchu'?

No, i think that i'm unworthy of the cross, and i am. Theres simply only one way to Heaven. When i went into the army and served my country i began to believe that all religions could be the way to heaven.That change after i repented of my sins and read the bible.

btw moderate muslims are exclusive as well.

the jw believe that only the 144000 will stay in heaven. The rest of the faith will be on the earth and rebuild it during the millenial reign.

Don't know why you and other find it impossible to say which pastor inspires you with out attacking someone else. Osteen is not a false teacher. Also, I do not listen to Mr. Osteen to be told what the truth is. I am a literate adult. I am able to discern meaning for myself. I will pray God heals your angry spirit.
- happyjoy

I have read two of Joel Osteens books, so please I have no angry spirit towards him. I don't believe that he is an evil man or that he doesn't love the Lord. I am not condemning him. BUT and unfortunatly it is a serious BUT.

Joel has not shown scriptual truths in his teachings and has not stood up for the Gospel when questioned. He has diluted the Truth at making Christianity a feel good religion and prospering Christians. He has not been able to stand up for the faith. He uses visioning techniques to help us vision what God is going to give us. It is all about us and not about God. He does not use the teaching in the Gods Word correctly and its time he looked deep in scripture for the Truth than scim it for sensation and church growth. Joel Osteen is amazing to listen to, he tells you everything you want to hear, I don't doubt his sincerity, I doubt his teachings.
This is not judging, it is discerning Gods word. Read Matthew 7 and you should be able to differentiate the difference between the two. I thank you for praying for my angry spirit, I am sure your intentions are good.

I'm completely befuddled as to how telling an unsaved person that unless he trusted in the substitutional death and resurrection of Jesus Christ he would end up in hell for all eternity can be hateful and unloving.

I remember when I was a teenager I once went for a long jog in a tin mine (I live in Malaysia). The terrain was extremely hilly but the uniformly white sand made everything look the same. Very soon I got myself totally lost. I found a long downhill slope and allowed gravity to pull me down the hill. Soon I was running at quite a fast gallop, when from nowhere, a sharp yell broke my peaceful runner's high reverie. I forced myself to slow down and soon saw that I was coming upon a vertical drop-off into a deep crevice. I was so shocked and terrified, I didn't even look for and thank the guy who shouted to save my life.

Question: Was my mysterious saviour being hateful and unloving for yelling a warning at me? I beg to differ. In fact to this day I regret I never thanked him and shook his hand.

I thank God for all the politically incorrect Christians who are unafraid to tell others the true, undiluted gospel of Jesus Christ. All the positive, feel-good messages will just feed a sinner's desire to hear that he is an ok person but unless a person faces the truth that he is a heinous sinner in the sight of the holy God and will face the fires of hell, he will never repent and turn to the cross of Christ.

Mechpebbles, I enjoy your illustration and I agree with your comments 100%. This thread is about who is the best pastor currently alive? If someone mentions a pastor that is to afraid to mention the true gospel and is to busy trying to increase his own flock and not Gods, then it is our duty as Christians to make them aware of that pastors teachings.

Back