Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is the He in Daniel 9:27?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Osgiliath said:
During a Jubilee cycle of 7 weeks of 49 years, there are 8 Sabbatical years. There are 7 "Sabbath years" IN ADDITION TO the year of Jubilee (also a Sabbatical year) making a total of 8.

I follow you argument about 8 Sabbaths per Jubilee cycle but when, in your view, was the 430 years? (when to when?)

Perhaps you could start a new thread?

Originally posted by Cyberseeker

I follow you argument about 8 Sabbaths per Jubilee cycle but when, in your view, was the 430 years? (when to when?)

Only God knows the answer to that question, and He knows it TO THE VERY DAY! Notice this:

Exodus 12:40, 41 “Now the length of time the Israelite people lived in Egypt was 430 years. At the end of the 430 years, to the very day, all the LORD's divisions left Egypt.

Interesting parallel of 430 years; isn’t it? Notice how displeased God was with Israel when they were in Egypt:

Ezekiel 20:5-8 “On the day I chose Israel, I swore with uplifted hand to the descendants of the house of Jacob and revealed myself to them in Egypt. With uplifted hand I said to them, "I am the LORD your God." On that day I swore to them that I would bring them out of Egypt into a land I had searched out for them, a land flowing with milk and honey, the most beautiful of all lands. And I said to them, "Each of you, get rid of the vile images you have set your eyes on, and do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt. I am the LORD your God. But they rebelled against me and would not listen to me; they did not get rid of the vile images they had set their eyes on, nor did they forsake the idols of Egypt.â€

There's nothing new under the sun. God is saying; "It’s the same 430 years. Whether you’re in Egypt or you’re in Jerusalem there’s no difference; you turn your backs on me." Anyway, I'm not going to write out all of the math (I will if you want me to), but following the synchrony of the Jubilee calendar (including the year of Jubilee during Hezekiah's reign in 702 B.C.), as well as historical records - the year of the Exodus can be accurately dated to 1437 B.C. (that is; if you're a believer in God’s Word and the accuracy of His timing ;) ). So if you were to subtract two sets of 430 years from 1437 B.C. you would get:

1437 - 430 = 1007 B.C.
1007 B.C. - 430 = 577 B.C.

or,

The Temple was destroyed in 586 B.C. - so,

586 + 430 = 1016 B.C. (began during the reign of King Saul)

or,

The first 'siege' in 605 B.C. when Jerusalem capitulated to Nebuchadnezzar -

605 + 430 = 1035 B.C. (began during the reign of King Saul)

Who do you think that the "HE" is in Daniel 9:27?

Daniel 9:27
And He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week He shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations He shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

I believe most Christians think that the He is the anti-christ. I'm more of the opinion that the HE is Jesus Christ, Himself.

Abomination of Desolation Daniel 9:27
Daniel 9:27 - NIV
27 He [God] will confirm a covenant [Abrahamic] with many [Israel] for one seven [years]. In the middle of the seven he [God] will put an end to [animal] sacrifice and offering [by the sacrifice of Jesus - once and for all]. And on a wing of the temple [Chamber of Hewn stones - hall where the Sanhedrin met] he [God] will set up an abomination [the unjust condemnation of Jesus] that causes desolation, [Destruction of the Temple, Jerusalem, and Israel] until the end that is decreed [death by crucifixion - the wrath of God] is poured out on him [Jesus - his suffering and death].

Comments:
The main thing that I have done is to simply define who “He†and “Him†are. “He†is not “The Antichrist†as so many believe today; And it is not a new covenant that is being made, but rather a confirmation of an old one that God made long ago with the Fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. "He" is God and "Him" is Jesus - very simple.

Galatians 3:17 (KJV)
And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Romans 11:27 (KJV)
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

What greater abomination could there be in all history than for the Sanhedrin - sitting in their "wing" [chamber] of the Temple - to condemn the Lord of the universe to death just for the sake of ENVY. The chamber of hewn stone was built half outside of the Temple and half inside, which qualifies it to be called a “Wing.“ This was the ultimate abomination of the Jewish nation and it caused the complete desolation of the Temple of God, the city and the nation itself - all that remained of Jerusalem in 73AD was the Fortress Antonia (according to eyewitnesses), which became the garrison of the 10th Roman legion for over 200 years.

Remember that it was God himself that engineered and directed the crucifixion every inch of the way - he planned everything to the smallest detail. He was the one who set up the unjust trial of Jesus in order to bring his great promises to pass. It just wasn't happenstance.

Jesus’ trial was the last one ever held in the Chamber of Hewn stone. The earthquake on the day that Jesus was crucified wrecked it so badly that they had to move to other quarters.

He is the Lord Sovereign and the allowance for the time of the appearance of the false prophet gog beast from the earth nephilim who will come along with 10 worldwide rulers (possibly nephilim) and rule for 1335 days or 44 1/2 months or 3 7/24 years. At 1290 days he will put an end to the temple sacrifice and offerings for 1290 + 1290 is the middle of the week with 2 leap year Adar months+- 1 day or hour.

27 - 9 = 18 = 6 + 6 + 6...

2580+-

5 X 5 = 25 Joshua...

80 is the age of Moses...

Back