Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Christians Cannot Sin

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I didn't say that, Paul did. I am just quoting Paul.

Paul said, "For where there is no law, there is no sin" Romans 4:15.

According to Paul the Mosiac law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Many will be offended by this because the basis for all religions is the law. Without the law all religions are worthless. God wants his people to be free from laws, rules and religion. This is why Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. The just live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and not by rules, laws or religion.

To be free from the law is to be free from sin, "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace" Romans 6:14. The law is what promotes sin. "But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence (Lust) for without the law sin was dead" Romans 7:8.

No one will be able to live the Christian life until they are free from the law and the commandments. Paul wrote, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. To everyone that believes the Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus by his righteous sinless life fulfills all of the demands of the law. He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves.

The fulfilling and the abolishment of the law was not enough to save fallen man. Something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. Again, Jesus in our name and on our behalf, bore our sins on the cross and atoned for them and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand in God's Holy Court as justified. Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

That does not mean that we are not subject to the law. It's easy to prove, just go and perform an armed robbery. Then you will know that you are subject to the law.

Jesus did not make us not subject to the law. He came, as a man, and fulfilled the law by never transgressing even once. So what good is the law to Jesus? It could not touch Him.

Sin entered the world through one man. One Man, to fulfill the law has freed all of man from the sting of sin. And we are freely reconciled to God through the actions and sacrifices of Jesus. We now have free access to the Father through Jesus, and He says if ye would desire to receive my gift of eternal life then follow these two divine laws. To love God, and to love your neighbor.

So we as a people will never be free from Law. Choose wisely whose Law you will follow (or Not!!), God's Law, or man's law.

No law was abolished. For all practical purposes at least.
If you was unjustly imprisoned, and the Lord sent to you an angel to break you out, or made the outside door pop open and said, Run! Then in that case, it would be no sin to "jail-break". Thatmight be the coolest miracle ever, to have God perform your jail break! Wonderful Lord we have!!

I love it! Below is an additional passage from Romans chapter 4 . . . which is incredible:

Romans 4:15 NLT - "For the law always brings punishment on those who try to obey it. (The only way to avoid breaking the law is to have no law to break!)"

This concept is included in a greater concept, which is that Christ sets His Elect free. We are "separated" by our Nazarene Christ from all laws that might condemn or judge us. Instead, the Elect are governed by the Laws of the Spirit of Life, for these Laws are Effectual, meaning that they generate True change (something that the Law of Moses could never do).

Not seeing "Christians cannot sin" anywhere in the verse...

Many will be offended by this because the basis for all religions is the law.

Oh? How do you know this?

God wants his people to be free from laws, rules and religion.

Are you saying God's children are free to murder, then? Or rape? Or steal?

The law is what promotes sin.

Whoa! Hang on, there. The law of God identifies sin; it does NOT promote it. Human rebellion and wickedness are provoked by the law, but this is a problem residing within human beings, not God's law.

Romans 7:5 (NASB)
5 For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.

Romans 7:12 (NASB)
12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

No one will be able to live the Christian life until they are free from the law and the commandments.

While NT believers are free of the laws of ceremony and separation delineated in the Mosaic Law, they are not free of God's Moral Law, encapsulated in the First and Great Commandment and the Second (Matthew 22:36-39) and more fully described in the Ten Commandments.

He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves.

Where do you get this "in our name" idea?

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand in God's Holy Court as justified. Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Yes, amen. But none of this means Christians cannot sin. Read 1 Corinthians 3:1-3; 5; 6; 11.

That does not mean that we are not subject to the law. It's easy to prove, just go and perform an armed robbery. Then you will know that you are subject to the law.

Jesus did not make us not subject to the law. He came, as a man, and fulfilled the law by never transgressing even once. So what good is the law to Jesus? It could not touch Him.

Sin entered the world through one man. One Man, to fulfill the law has freed all of man from the sting of sin. And we are freely reconciled to God through the actions and sacrifices of Jesus. We now have free access to the Father through Jesus, and He says if ye would desire to receive my gift of eternal life then follow these two divine laws. To love God, and to love your neighbor.

So we as a people will never be free from Law. Choose wisely whose Law you will follow (or Not!!), God's Law, or man's law.

No law was abolished. For all practical purposes at least.
If you was unjustly imprisoned, and the Lord sent to you an angel to break you out, or made the outside door pop open and said, Run! Then in that case, it would be no sin to "jail-break". Thatmight be the coolest miracle ever, to have God perform your jail break! Wonderful Lord we have!!
Spiritually, we are free from the law because, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. This is what the Bible teaches unless you want to believe that Paul is a heretic.

Physically, we are subject to the laws of the land, and can be prosecuted for breaking them.

Not seeing "Christians cannot sin" anywhere in the verse...

Oh? How do you know this?

Are you saying God's children are free to murder, then? Or rape? Or steal?

Whoa! Hang on, there. The law of God identifies sin; it does NOT promote it. Human rebellion and wickedness are provoked by the law, but this is a problem residing within human beings, not God's law.

Romans 7:5 (NASB)
5 For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.

Romans 7:12 (NASB)
12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

While NT believers are free of the laws of ceremony and separation delineated in the Mosaic Law, they are not free of God's Moral Law, encapsulated in the First and Great Commandment and the Second (Matthew 22:36-39) and more fully described in the Ten Commandments.

Where do you get this "in our name" idea?

Yes, amen. But none of this means Christians cannot sin. Read 1 Corinthians 3:1-3; 5; 6; 11.
Sin against what? If there is no law, then what are you sinning against? "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our salvation and our justification, Romans 3:26. We are complete in him, Colossians 3:10.

According to Paul the Mosiac law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Many will be offended by this because the basis for all religions is the law. Without the law all religions are worthless. God wants his people to be free from laws, rules and religion. This is why Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. The just live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and not by rules, laws or religion.

To be free from the law is to be free from sin, "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace" Romans 6:14. The law is what promotes sin. "But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence (Lust) for without the law sin was dead" Romans 7:8.

No one will be able to live the Christian life until they are free from the law and the commandments. Paul wrote, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. To everyone that believes the Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus by his righteous sinless life fulfills all of the demands of the law. He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves.

The fulfilling and the abolishment of the law was not enough to save fallen man. Something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. Again, Jesus in our name and on our behalf, bore our sins on the cross and atoned for them and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand in God's Holy Court as justified. Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.
I am thinking of the scripture where Jesus said to some who were convinced they belonged to him in their lives. He said, "depart from me you who practice lawlessness." Hummmmmm

I am thinking of the scripture where Jesus said to some who were convinced they belonged to him in their lives. He said, "depart from me you who practice lawlessness." Hummmmmm
That was Matthew 7:23. It concerns people that were trying to be saved by their works. It was judgment day and many will say, "Lord, Lord, didn't we?" Matthew 7:21-23.

Sin against what? If there is no law, then what are you sinning against?
Is it a sin to disobey God? Are idolatry, adultery, lusting, fornication sin, gossip or pride sin?

1Jn 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. (ESV)

And, so, Christians do, in fact sin. Ultimately, all sin is sin against God.

Is it a sin to disobey God? Are idolatry, adultery, lusting, fornication sin, gossip or pride sin?

1Jn 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. (ESV)

I feel that the below passage set sheds some interesting "light" on the subject. :)

Romans 5:12-13 ESV - "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned-- 13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law."

As children of our Nazarene Christ, we are "separated" (which is what it means to be a Nazarene) from the Law. In this way, our sins are not counted against us, and this is through the Holy Work of Christ. :)

Thank you Jesus!

Yes Chr

1st, 2nd and 3rd John were written under the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion.

All of Paul's epistles were written under the New Covenant. Under the New Covenant, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. Under the New Covenant God sees his people as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. They are perfect and complete "In Christ" because there is no law. It has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14.

1st, 2nd and 3rd John were written under the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion.
And your evidence is what, exactly?

All of Paul's epistles were written under the New Covenant. Under the New Covenant, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. Under the New Covenant God sees his people as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. They are perfect and complete "In Christ" because there is no law. It has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14.
You’re just begging the question.

I ask again: Is it a sin to disobey God? Are idolatry, adultery, lusting, fornication sin, gossip or pride sin?

Last edited:
Sin against what? If there is no law, then what are you sinning against? "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our salvation and our justification, Romans 3:26. We are complete in him, Colossians 3:10.

What law is in view in Romans 10:4? There were laws of separation and ceremony that were a part of the Mosaic Law, not just the Ten Commandments. Why, if all law is dissolved, are there so many commands given to believers in the NT?

I see a heresy of hyper grace . We are free from the law therefore sin isn't listed and I can do what I want .
Instead of striving and renewing our mind .we wouldn't have a command to renew our mind and to submit our mind to Christ if we are completely Holy .

That verse is meant to guide us to lining up or thoughts and a actions to be Godly

Just the folks who walk in darkness.
But if we walk in the light, the blood of Jesus Christ washes away ALL our past sins.
Then, stay in the light, which is God, in Whom is no sin.

Back