Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why didn't CHRIST invite doctors?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
doctors are used by god to heal, sometimes its by miracle or both. I leave it up to god. pray when one is sick then head to the doctors. if luke was a sinning in that he healed to his skill, then it would mentioned.

sometimes, as my pastor says god says no, I wont heal you. and you die or go through a trial. either way if you are saved you have the victory, the world is full of sin. at death where do we go?
Hey Jason,

No it's not a sin to borrow, but God says He can get it to you if you'll trust Him for it. Not everyone wants to accept that, and so they borrow. It's not a sin, but you become a servant to the lender, and you're paying interest to the world (typically).
As much as you say well what do I about owning a home, there is no commandment to own a home - that is a desire. Thankfully, God has already said, delight yourself with Him and He will GIVE (not lend or charge interest) you the desires of your heart.

You may want to check out 2 Corinthians 1:20, could change your life. That Scripture says God never says no to healing, because ALL the promises of God are YES in Christ and AMEN in Jesus. Are you in Christ? Then anything God has ever promised is yours, 100% of the time - He CANNOT say no, or else He violates His Covenant with Jesus and breaks His Word, when He's already promised in Number 23:6 that He's not a man so He never lies, and in Psalm 89:34 that He would never break His Covenant nor alter one word that has come from His lips (because He got it right the first time).

I would also add that doctors can fix problems (usually at great cost to the recipient both bodily and financially) with the body, but only God can actually heal someone, either over time or instantly, but He is working without regard to human means (something Jonathan said right before a resounding victory by 2 Hebrews over a gigantic army of Philistines).

It's easy to say, "turn to God" when we are feeling good.
It's hard to say, "turn to God" when we are in pain and we think we are dying.
Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die.

I say we should use the doctors for what they are really worth and leave it at that.
If we want real healing, we need to be right with God and ask for that healing everyday of our lives.
And in your hour of trial, believe, believe, believe.

I was lying in the hospital bed with a heart attack.
Nobody knew if I would live long enough for surgery.
As I was lying there, I said to God, "I'm ready, you can take me now".
I raised up my hands and closed my eyes ready to go to heaven.
But it wasn't my time.

The doctor put a stent in my artery and here I am almost 5 years later.
No, I don't feel good, mostly I feel that everyday could be my day.
They stopped sending me to a cardiologist and I just go to my primary.
He doesn't know his right hand from his left.
And he's my third primary since this happened.

I don't go to him until it's time for my bloodwork.
I find that interesting.
He asks me how I'm doing and I say "fine" and leave it at that.
I'm not against taking medication within reason.

Everything within reason.
I pray for my healing daily.
Praise the Lord, I love life now and forever.

Do you want to live healthy?
Drink clean water.
Breath clean air.
Eat pure food.
Exercise.
Sleep well.

All this comes from God.

And avoid stress.
That does not come from God.

Hey Jason,

No it's not a sin to borrow, but God says He can get it to you if you'll trust Him for it. Not everyone wants to accept that, and so they borrow. It's not a sin, but you become a servant to the lender, and you're paying interest to the world (typically).
As much as you say well what do I about owning a home, there is no commandment to own a home - that is a desire. Thankfully, God has already said, delight yourself with Him and He will GIVE (not lend or charge interest) you the desires of your heart.

You may want to check out 2 Corinthians 1:20, could change your life. That Scripture says God never says no to healing, because ALL the promises of God are YES in Christ and AMEN in Jesus. Are you in Christ? Then anything God has ever promised is yours, 100% of the time - He CANNOT say no, or else He violates His Covenant with Jesus and breaks His Word, when He's already promised in Number 23:6 that He's not a man so He never lies, and in Psalm 89:34 that He would never break His Covenant nor alter one word that has come from His lips (because He got it right the first time).

well god commanded isreal to take land. land=homes. that wasn't a desire. if they didn't take it, they died. see the account in numbers for their lack of faith.they had to build homes and im sure money was exchanged for those that could build from those that couldn't and vice versa.

god also says that the righteous leave and inheritance. I had a vision of the very home I live in on the exact day I would occupy it.feb 28th of 2007, the closing date. would you rather pay rent and have a man make interest and money of your labor and not be able to do what I can post to my home?

here, one will live in the ghettos and crime areas if one has poor credit. sadly I purchased my home in such area but god worked it out to where its not that bad. I could say more but I wont derail this on the modern set up of one has to spend so that one can have a decent life. its hard to save for a car that is decent.

Last edited:
It is not about doctors, jason, it is about heart.

We face this world with our heart.
I understand and that is my point. the prosperity gospel types forget that money can be such a snare that some wise men wont seek it because they have impaled themselves on that. ie someone who was saved and won the lotto and lost it all. and has repented. he will say im not going there again.

God gave us our brains... we think with them (Not the right words but here goes) our faith is not in our brains. Some where there is a balance...I dont believe it is the same for everyone... sorta like we can see the the different aspects of the gifts in different people..
Paul and Peter had differences.. We are not cut with a cookie cutter...

I believe we should do our best in whatever "it" is ... sorta like in Eph 6

As Christians we always need God.
I dont believe the doctor heals the doctor doctors ( Verb) God does the healing... A doctor can aid in the healing the simple example is setting a broken bone. It is God that knits that bone .....
down the same lines as our bodies heal them selves... His creation heals... We can grow new skin .. etc... because He created us too.

I don't think I can agree with your first paragraph sister. I don't think there is a balance between our brains and our faith. The brain is of the flesh, the faith of the Spirit, and we are not to lean upon our own understanding but to live for the Spirit. There's no balance between them. It is total surrender or nothing. We absolutely do not need to be able to understand God to be able to have faith in Him. Many times, that is what faith is. Trusting God despite what our brains tell us what to do. There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end...it leads to death.

Do you think Davids brain was telling him to go fight Goliath? Ha. He knew better in his mind, and had been warned that Goliath was a warrior trained from a young age. But he did not rely upon his or mans understanding, but trusted God instead. Total faith, without the slightest bit of reason...and prevailed through the power of God.

Last edited:
anything man does or must do can become an idol. work, kids, marriage. by themselves and in proper balence they are ok. i doubt anyone would teach we shouldn't work. yet when it comes to doctors its a no-no. Jesus said we ought to give thanks and also pray for our daily bread. so its no faith if work for my" bread" hmm what is the difference?

anything man does or must do can become an idol. work, kids, marriage. by themselves and in proper balence they are ok. i doubt anyone would teach we shouldn't work. yet when it comes to doctors its a no-no. Jesus said we ought to give thanks and also pray for our daily bread. so its no faith if work for my" bread" hmm what is the difference?

Oh, there's a big difference. You're reaching brother. You're not considering so many things and factors that also fit into the equation of working. We are to occupy, and not just sit home praying for the Lord to rain manna into our house. There is a balance of action involved. The Lord wants doers and not just hearers of His word. And we work unto the Lord and not man. When we fall short (and we will) then we reach out unto the Lord for His help.

Doctors are the same. I hear/read/listen to so many testimonies of people hurt or sick in hospitals and Jesus comes and heals them. Many times, not instantly and completely, but rather in a progression of events. For all you know, the Lord wants you in that hospital to plant a seed for Him within someone. Doctors do have their place, but the Lord has a bigger place. This is a very interactive and dynamic planet. We all play a role. Doctors are not excluded. So you need a different analogy brother.

no theres not.

we aren't told we will have things if we work. is it not god that said he would provide? retirements fail. better not have them. so we shouldn't plan? im sure you disagree. yet with doctors you say pray only.

homeopathy, what is that? oh yeah taking meds made from nature?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

a type of medicine. "drink wine for one oft infermities was told to timothy. sounds like above to me. paul told to sin eh?

luke may have been doing that. even if that isn't pushed in churches we do have the organic versions of cures pushed by some. which im not against if they work. but either way medicine in that case if from nature. so would go to work with say my asthma condinition knowing that people have a severe contagion that may trigger asthma? which i have it happen. colds are worse with that then before or is that tempting jesus to heal?

or what about vaccinations a big part of medicine. i know that at times there are issues with the shots but if they say held reduce the issues like shingles that is a sin to take that?

I don't think I can agree with your first paragraph sister. I don't think there is a balance between our brains and our faith. The brain is of the flesh, the faith of the Spirit, and we are not to lean upon our own understanding but to live for the Spirit. There's no balance between them. It is total surrender or nothing. We absolutely do not need to be able to understand God to be able to have faith in Him. Many times, that is what faith is. Trusting God despite what our brains tell us what to do. There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end...it leads to death.

Do you think Davids brain was telling him to go fight Goliath? Ha. He knew better in his mind, and had been warned that Goliath was a warrior trained from a young age. But he did not rely upon his or mans understanding, but trusted God instead. Total faith, without the slightest bit of reason...and prevailed through the power of God.

Tell me was it faith that picked up David;s rocks or did his brain tell his hands ... We agree more then you want to think we do.....

no theres not.

we aren't told we will have things if we work. is it not god that said he would provide? retirements fail. better not have them. so we shouldn't plan? im sure you disagree. yet with doctors you say pray only.

homeopathy, what is that? oh yeah taking meds made from nature?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

a type of medicine. "drink wine for one oft infermities was told to timothy. sounds like above to me. paul told to sin eh?

luke may have been doing that. even if that isn't pushed in churches we do have the organic versions of cures pushed by some. which im not against if they work. but either way medicine in that case if from nature. so would go to work with say my asthma condinition knowing that people have a severe contagion that may trigger asthma? which i have it happen. colds are worse with that then before or is that tempting jesus to heal?

or what about vaccinations a big part of medicine. i know that at times there are issues with the shots but if they say held reduce the issues like shingles that is a sin to take that?

We most certainly are, brother. Job 36:11, Romans 2:13, John 14:23-24, Psalm 199:10

The Lord gave us the tools to live in life. and we are to obey him and then He will bless us with more and more. Even tithing requires one to work for the fruits that one will pay with. I'm not getting down on Doctors. You misunderstand me. Where man fails, God will provide when we are obedient and walk in His ways. So He says to drink wine for your infirmities. Shall you now go home and pray for your water to come out of your faucet as wine? Of course not.

As with everything else, there's limits to mans abilities (and intent). No, I don't take shots, and I also forged my kids shot records all through school because of the many evil intents of man with the vaccinations and their dispensing. Guess what? My kids are healthy. This does not have to be one extreme to the other jason. It's not all doctors or all God, with no in-between. That's sort of a ludicrous assumption and hopefully you said it in jest.

There is "tempting" God to heal. God wants for us to be healed and to be prosperous, but He's not a vending machine to be mocked and called upon for help when the rest of the time we reject Him for the pleasures of the flesh.

Tell me was it faith that picked up David;s rocks or did his brain tell his hands ... We agree more then you want to think we do.....

I do agree on much of what you wrote. i simply felt that a small clarification was in order about this balance of faith and human understanding was in order.s'ok sister, no one is 100% correct. Only through unification with the body and Christ will there be completeness. :)

Hey Obadiah, you know that God's will is ALWAYS to heal you.
Consider the Word of God: in Eden, in GOD'S PERFECT WILL, there is ZERO sickness and disease. That was God's perfect will. It will be the same in Heaven, because those things end up where they came from, with the Devil in the Lake of Fire. So in both places where God's perfect will is being done, ZERO sickness and disease.
So what is God's perfect will concerning sickness and disease? He has a ZERO tolerance policy. That is 100% clear.

Now when Jesus, the actual image of the Father Himself, God in man's body, Who only did what the Father did and only said what His Father said and never did His own will, walked this Earth in the flesh, He GOT RID OF ALL SICKNESS AND DISEASE IN THOSE WHO CAME AND EXPECTED HIM TO.
He never one time left anyone unhealed that came to Him, recognizing that He was sent to them of God, standing in God's place, to execute God's will upon those would receive the Children's Bread (Jesus said healing is the Children's Bread - are you a child of God? Then healing is YOUR bread!).

Jesus never said, "Wait a second, let Me see if it's God will to heal this time...hold on...no, He said you have to keep it, you sinned yesterday...sorry." NO. Jesus healed them ALL - you see it was ALWAYS God's will to heal whosoever would be healed (EVEN THE PHARISEES - the power of God to heal them was present, but they wouldn't take it! Astounding!); those who would receive Him as Healer - their faith was what did it - He never said, "Be it unto to you according to MY faith." It was always, THEIR faith.

One of the biggest lies the Devil has sold the Church at large is that healing is hit and miss, sometimes God does and sometimes He doesn't, you just never know - that's a crock of trash.

Look at Isaiah 53:4-5 and then read Matthew 8:16-17 and see how it was physical healing (in addition to mental (for peace) and spiritual (for sin)) - and it was available even BEFORE the cross!

HEALING IS A PROMISE FROM GOD TO Y-O-U if you are Christ's. Gal 3:29, you be Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and every promise God made to Him, is to you now, as well as the promise of being heir of the whole world (Romans 4:13). Gal 3:8 - the GOSPEL was preached to Abraham (the Blessing, see also Hebrews 4 to see the Gospel (which is the BLESSING) preached to the Israelites, being blessed in the Promised Land of milk and honey that flowed) and now in Gal 3:13-14 you see you are redeemed (bought back) from the curse of the Law SO THAT the Blessing of Abraham would come on YOU, and that is the Blessing of the Lord (see Proverbs 10:22, KJV).
Then you see in 2 Cor 1:20 that EVERY promise of God is YOURS in Christ, and they are YES in Christ and AMEN in Jesus. So there is no mystery here - God's will is for YOU to be HEALED and live in divine health. Anytime you see a promise, that is Y-O-U-R-S, according to God anyway - He's just waiting on you to agree with Him.

The Kingdom of God is within you - it is the combination of your heart and the incorruptible see of God's Word being sown into it to bring forth the fruit of whatever promise you are standing on. Then you must SPEAK and ACT as though you received what you stood on: Mark 11:24. Ka-BOOM.
its implied by him that its a sin. if god promised all the time that we would be healed.

why do men die? for its appointed men to die once then unto the judgment. we all are appointed to die. some in war, some in murder.some by disease and some by accident and so forth by when the autotopsy says natural causes its often a disease and the corner says its not murder and the deceased was elderly and doesn't see what the cause was but something does kill. organs fail and that is a disease.

Didn't i say our faith is not in our brain... :yes

yes you did sister, but it was faith that made David pick up those stones and not his brain. I just don't think that people should think that reason or knowledge of the brain has any thing to do with faith for they are polar opposites.

Both our brains and faith come God right? Ok, by your understanding our brains have nothing to do with anything of faith? Is only faith that keeps us from playing in the freeway? Only faith that decides we should be careful with sharp tools ... Only faith we study scriptures with? You said our brains and faith are polar opposites . To me God gave us both i dont believe God gave us brains not to use..

Both our brains and faith come God right? Ok, by your understanding our brains have nothing to do with anything of faith? Is only faith that keeps us from playing in the freeway? Only faith that decides we should be careful with sharp tools ... Only faith we study scriptures with? You said our brains and faith are polar opposites . To me God gave us both i dont believe God gave us brains not to use..

We may be geting into a semantics issue here. Our brains came from God, this is true. But, did our knowledge and reason? Uh...perhaps not. The tree that we were not supposed to eat from was called the tree of knowledge of good and evil. We, being born in Gods image, did not previously "think" with our brains, for we were spiritual beings. They (spiritual beings) do not "think" with their brains. It is more of a "knowing" rather than a reasoning, or so it seems to me.

Angels do not play on the freeway because they "know" not to. Not because they "reason" not to.

If this is not so, then why are we continually admonished in scripture to lean not upon our own understanding? And to "live for the spirit?"

We simply "know" too much about intellect and reason, for it is all we know. There is a spiritual realm that we are introduced to as new believers when we are "born again". It is why we are to become as little children and are promised to receive a "re-newing" of ourselves. We must realize that we must strive for this renewing and relearn how we are to be living our life. This includes, putting off the old man and receiving the renewing to enable us to live for the spirit. We don't know how to! We're taught to, get educated, develop intellect, use reason...That is against God.

Why do you think the Lord instructed us to NOT eat from the tree of knowledge? Because we didn't need it. We were spiritual beings and "thought" differently, more efficiently, with the Lord at the forefront and center. With knowledge, WE are at the forefront and look to ourselves for answers. The very first thing that Adam & Eve did after eating from the tree of knowledge was to become self conscious and think of themselves instead of God. made themselves clothes and so forth. Big mistake. Hide from God eh? Fogure it out for selves. huh...and it went down from there. :sad

Back