Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Does the Anticipation Of Jesus's Coming Cause Such Frustration In Those Anticipating Satan's Coming

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So then what do you think is behind the existing mocking , animosity towards towards pre-trib believers ?

Well, to begin with, I personally haven't seen what you're referring to. That said, what you are describing is what I have experienced across the "Christian Forum" spectrum. I will say, though, that the folks, here, seem to be fewer in aggressive numbers.

It is frustrating to experience "christians" who are seemingly without Love in their hearts. I know this, as I have recently left another forum because of how I felt I was being treated. Being mistreated doesn't affect my psychology, but it isn't any fun to be around a place that holds so much uncontrollable hostility. So I have left that old site and am glad that I'm here.

Learning how to be more "soft" in my words and phrases is apparently something that takes a long time for me to figure out. Since I struggle to possess a "soft" approach in my words, I will use the smiley face functions. That helps to show my mood even if I am struggling to express myself well.

Lastly, there should be absolutely no mocking of anyone whatsoever. If I were a moderator, I would likely be known for nipping that stuff in the bud. I wouldn't let that nasty thing grow, as it can have a negative affect upon an entire site. In fact, if I owned a Christian Forum, for "punishment," violators would have to complete a training course on being kind to one another before being allowed to come back to the group. Rinse and repeat until end users get themselves straightened out. I personally hate the "banning" option. That is some serious crap. Christians shouldn't be banning anyone, but instead, helping them heal. After all, even the struggling Christian is still a part of the Body of Christ.

So, mockers needed to be helped and not banished. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :biggrin

Well, to begin with, I personally haven't seen what you're referring to.
This is fairly recent , just this past week , merely accusing pr-tribs of hi-jacking their beliefs from non-biblical sources , such as this fellow who apparently fell and hit their head and wrote a fable.
Never heard of him myself.
The intended technique being to soil the pre-trib belief with non-biblical fables as the basis for belief.
Contrary to their own beliefs on the subject being strictly bible based.
Are you sure you have never seen anything like this here before?
If they were any closer to you, you trip over them.

Walpole said:
The idea that Jesus will come twice, first to take a selected number of people up to heaven on a specific date, is a fable. It was invented in the 19th century by John Nelson Darby, who made up this fable out of thin air after recovering from a riding accident in late 1826.

Are you sure you have never seen anything like this here before?

Yes, I'm pretty sure, and I now understand why. I don't care much for Eschatology. God hasn't given me the passion for it, though I must admit, my curiosity is creeping in as of late. But yeah, I pretty much stay away from those conversations and leave them up to folks who have the heart for it. As for me, my "thing" is Circumcision of the Heart. That is what matters most, and so I see the idea and principle all throughout Christendom. I am interested in the Gospel and not Eschatology. :)

Yes, I'm pretty sure, and I now understand why. I don't care much for Eschatology. God hasn't given me the passion for it, though I must admit, my curiosity is creeping in as of late. But yeah, I pretty much stay away from those conversations and leave them up to folks who have the heart for it. As for me, my "thing" is Circumcision of the Heart. That is what matters most, and so I see the idea and principle all throughout Christendom. I am interested in the Gospel and not Eschatology. :)
A little odd that you don't care for it, never heard it , value your time on other things, yet you found your way here.
The thread's title being decidedly Eschatological based.
In for a penny but not for pound I guess.
Thats alright, it is allowed.

A little odd that you don't care for it, never heard it , value your time on other things, yet you found your way here.

By all means . . . continue to add whatever you like to what I actually wrote. You make "me" sound so much more wild n crazy than I think I really am. You gots a real gift there . . . me friend.

Walpole

FromUSAGenderMale
ChristianYes
Messages1,214JoinedSep 9, 2018Monday at 8:10 PM

No, God cannot lie.

The lie is from those who state that Jesus will somehow sneak back to this world before His second coming and snatch certain people up to heaven to avoid suffering. This is the antithesis of Christianity.

Anyone who tries to convince people they can avoid suffering is a liar. For man is saved BY the cross, not from it.

============================================================================

Would you like more " proof " of these negative and disrespectful characterizations targeting pre-trib believers ?
Apparently their usage has become so common that you really don't even notice them anymore .
No one has ever said those who believe in pretrib are liars, but that the teachings are false doctrines that many fall for like I did at one time. I use to believe in pretrib, but after studying it further all they teach are man's hand me down theories as they can never give direct scripture.

Many teach that the Church will be Raptured out of here before Gods wrath during the seven trumpets sounding (great tribulation), but according to these scriptures the body of Christ who are still alive at Christ coming will be here on earth during the time of the greatest tribulation this world has ever seen nor will ever see again, Matthew 24:21.

Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 3:5; 19:8 Jesus is showing us to look for the signs of his coming

Rev 5:13; 6:16,17 On earth and under the earth are those who are still here until the end of days

Rev 6:9-11 Note where John says fellow servants and brethren that should be killed as they were and we are in the midst of the seven seals right now heading towards the seven trumpets

Rev 7:13-17 Which came out of great tribulation; fulfillment of the gentiles

Rev 8:13 Three woes are war, earthquakes, and meteors

Rev 13:11-18 Here John is showing us about the beast out of the sea that gives power to the beast out of the earth as we are warned to not take its mark

Rev 14:14-20 The harvest of Gods Children

Rev 16:11,15 And they repented not. If Christ returns in pretrib rapture then at that time the door of Salvation will be closed.

Rev 18:23, 24 We have now come out of great tribulation as mystery Babylon has been described and destroyed as we have not yet been caught up to be with the Lord until the last day.

Rev 19:7,8 We have made ourselves ready by enduring through Gods mighty wrath and refusing the mark of the beast

Rev 20:4-6 these verses show that we went through much annihilation and endured all things before the coming of the Lord.

Rev 20:12-15 The Great White Throne judgment and Jesus judgment for the works we did or did not do for him here on earth when the books are opened

First woe
First trumpet Rev 8:6-7
Second trumpet Rev 8:8,9
Third trumpet Rev 8:10,11
Fourth trumpet Rev 8:12,13
Fifth trumpet Rev 9:1-12
Second woe
Sixth trumpet Rev 9:13 through 11:14
Third woe
Seventh trumpet Rev 11:15 through Rev 20:15 (seventh trumpet includes all the events that unfold and ends with the great white throne judgment)

Not everyone is concerned with death, judgement and the final destination of the soul and of humankind in which Eschatology is the study of those things, which includes end time events. I give kudos to 2nd Timothy Group for teaching the Gospel of good news as in the circumcision of the heart, but also as he said of late being curious about certain end time things. We need more preaching of the Gospel as in salvation through Christ Jesus by that of God's grace through faith more than we do about the anticipation of Jesus coming or Satan coming.

I never in my 68 years ever heard the word Eschatology until I came to this forum and had to look up the meaning. People love to use big fancy words for something that is so easily to define in simple terms.

Jesus came then ascended up to the right hand of God and will return for His own in God's timing.............Satan has always been here on earth, even before the fall of Adam and Eve, from going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it, but will be taken out and cast into the lake of fire when Christ returns.

Not everyone is concerned with death, judgement and the final destination of the soul and of humankind in which Eschatology is the study of those things, which includes end time events. I give kudos to 2nd Timothy Group for teaching the Gospel of good news as in the circumcision of the heart, but also as he said of late being curious about certain end time things. We need more preaching of the Gospel as in salvation through Christ Jesus by that of God's grace through faith more than we do about the anticipation of Jesus coming or Satan coming.

Thank you! And, you noticed how that person ignored what you did not? You wrote (about me):

"but also as he said of late being curious about certain end time things."

I was a little surprised that these words of mine were missed, but I won't be surprised from here on out. :)

second Peter 3:3. Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days SCOFFERS, walking after their own lusts. 3;4. And saying, Where is the promise of His coming?. These are carnal minded people, who don't have holy spirit. They lack faith. Lack knowledge of Gods word. The fig tree generation started in 1948. Jeremiah chapter 24, judah, some jews came back to Palestine, and established tiny nation, most people think is Israel. Its judah. America is Israel. Documentation, hosea chapter 1, and Isaiah chapter 18. Judah and Israel are separate houses, documentation, zechariah chapter 11 and Jeremiah chapter 31. First Corinthians 2:12. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 2:13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which mans wisdom teach, but which the holy ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spirtual. DIDAKTOS in Greek means = Taught. You need key to unlock a lock. Mans wisdom is foolishness to God. If someone has spirit of slumber, mystery of God is hidden from them. They wont understand. God can open doors and close doors. Only Jesus can give spirtual sight. 2:14. But the natural man received not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can they he know them, because they are spirtualty Discerned. PSUCHIIKOS in Greek means = natural. Carnal minded people dont have spirtual discernment. You must have holy spirit. James 3:14. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. 3:15. This wisdom descends not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. PSUCHIKOS =Greek = Sensual. Carnal minded is not of God. I documented beyond shadow of a doubt the difference between sensual and holy spirit. The fig tree generation started in 1948. A generation can be 70 years, 90, or 120 . These bible prophecy will be completed in our lifetime. Matthew 24:32. Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When its branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh; 24:33. So likewise ye , when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 24:34. Verily, I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Jesus gave us 7 signs of the end times. The pestilence is covid-19. Famine is Amos chapter 8, its hearing God's truth. Fake shepherds. Earthquakes. Inflation. Wars and rumors of wars. How about Russia and Ukraine. Were seeing peace accords and peace negotiations that align with thessalonians chapter 5. When they cry peace and safety, then sudden destruction shall come upon them. Were close to 6th trump. Who comes on fake white horse?? Satan as false messiah. The rapture garbage will get people ticket to hell. Majority will worship antichrist, revelation chapter 13 to document. They're too chicken to stand up to satan. A brave man dies once, and coward dies 100 times.

A thread is need on Darby and his heresies .
He didn't believe the cross actually forgave all our sins .just the law itself .

A gentile wasn't under the law but needed the cross as the sins he committed are under the commands given by God for all .

Christ doesn’t automatically supply confidence, joy, hopefulness, etc.

He most certainly does.

See what happened in this thread? It's the boy/girl thing. The girls agree, wonder of wonders, lol. The OP was brave to open tis topic to the women, lol. There is an valid underlying question that he asked too.

But I try not to poke sleeping mountain lions! :popcorn

I have never understood how someone who faces each day secure with their Christ supplied confidence, joy, hopefulness, to overcome every pain, sorrow, trial & temptation that the day may bring by means of His constant presence & power, a presence that is just as real , finding Him in whom they live everywhere, as any anticipated presence His actual coming may bring, causes such heartburn and frustration for those who are anticipating satan's arrival ?
Why does the fact that someone who has the Lord of Hosts with them here and now, anticipates one day seeing His face before Satan's face cause such consternation for others ?

" This is the day that the Lord has made , we will rejoice and be glad in it ." ( Psalms 118:24 )
I look at it this way.The beast with seven heads and ten horns has already arrived.I just have not followed after him and I don't see him coming to a town near me.
I have no worries when it comes to that.

3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast

The lie is from those who state that Jesus will somehow sneak back to this world before His second coming and snatch certain people up to heaven to avoid suffering. This is the antithesis of Christianity.
Hi Consecrated Life

Sorry, my friend, but on that account of God's word...you are incorrect.

It's all written for us in the Revelation of Jesus Christ 14:14-20. Yes, those who belong to Jesus, who is described as the one seated on a "white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. That's Jesus! He's going to come to the earth and gather up all those who are his. Then another angel will come right after him and take the rest of those remaining on the earth and throw them into the winepress of God's wrath. That's exactly what the passage in question tells us.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Consecrated Life

Sorry, my friend, but on that account of God's word...you are incorrect.

It's all written for us in the Revelation of Jesus Christ 14:14-20. Yes, those who belong to Jesus, who is described as the one seated on a "white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. That's Jesus! He's going to come to the earth and gather up all those who are his. Then another angel will come right after him and take the rest of those remaining on the earth and throw them into the winepress of God's wrath. That's exactly what the passage in question tells us.

God bless,
Ted
So you believe the paramount motivation of Christ in "gathering up all those who are is" when He comes is to make sure they don't suffer ?
Really?

Back