Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is FLAT EARTH such a threat?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You have repeatedly run from viewing a video with two HUNDRED proofs that the Earth is Flat. Two HUNDRED.
Not one of them actually works. If you doubt this, pull one up here, and I'll show you. You have repeatedly run from that challenge, for reasons everyone understands.

"Law of Density?" Here ya go...
52916778966_3da760ed53_o.jpg

For the same reason wood floats in water, and steel sinks. It's just whether or not an object is more dense than the surrounding fluid. Ironically, it's gravity that makes your "law" work. Heavier air is pulled more strongly by gravity than helium, so the air falls, pushing the helium upward.

Say I'm just curious what all the hubbub is about.

Why is Flat Earth the absolute worst thing I could possibly ask a question about on a Christian Forum?

We can discuss satan and child rape and child trafficking and demon worship and all doctrines of all kinds from all other religions, but say a single word about Flat Earth and you are swarmed, attacked, mocked, ridiculed and your words/threads are removed, if you aren't outright banned.

Why is this concept such a threat?

Think about it. If I were to go around pushing the idea that something completely unbiblical, and totally asinine, were the truth, most wouldn't even pay any attention. A few would speak up and correct me, but most would just look upon me like we look at an ignorant child that doesn't know any better. No frills, no chaos.

Why? Why is the Flat Earth the absolute unspeakable evil on every Christian Discussion Forum, much less any social media forum?

What gives? Why is it SO threatening?
The Flat Earth that is Discussed is the Spirit World that unfolds when you look at the Djed, the 4 Pillars of the Earth. Like Jeremiah 9 I think it is, the Gates of the Sun and Moon it says. The Flat Earth is the Spirit World, like a Tesseract. The Globe is a kind of off-Sphere.

"Law of Density?" Here ya go...
52916778966_3da760ed53_o.jpg

For the same reason wood floats in water, and steel sinks. It's just whether or not an object is more dense than the surrounding fluid. Ironically, it's gravity that makes your "law" work. Heavier air is pulled more strongly by gravity than helium, so the air falls, pushing the helium upward.
Plus, the atomic weight of the element is a factor.
Air is heavier than helium.

Well,
So, I am correct, Mr. B?
Essentially, yes. It works for gases. But for example, sodium is less dense than oxygen or nitrogen, but sodium does not float up into the air. Because it's a solid at room temperature. I expect that sodium vapor would rise in a our atmosphere, if the oxygen and water in the atmosphere would not immediately oxidize it.

And as you point out, both oxygen and nitrogen (which comprise most of our atmosphere) are both denser than helium.
So it will rise.

Now that I look, it appears that the noble gases are relatively low density for their atomic masses. It might have something to do with having all their shells filled with electrons. But I don't know. After taking Pchem, I decided I never wanted to be a chemist.

Back