Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is FLAT EARTH such a threat?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
But it wasn't about "power" at all, was it?

More importantly, not for the Supreme Court. By editing the statement and adding "power", it was made to appear that the Court ordered something it did not. The unedited version:

“As the Supreme Court made clear in a 1905 decision, the liberty we enjoy in this country does not give us the right to act to the detriment of others in all circumstances,” Beyrer and Corey wrote. “One of those circumstances is when personal decisions threaten the health and well-being of others. COVID-19, like smallpox, is colorless, invisible, and even more contagious. Talking, eating, singing, and shouting are major modes of transmission; one cannot identify who is infected, and one cannot discern who to avoid.

“What is needed for control,” they added, “is essentially universal vaccination and masking, and even then, the results will not likely provide complete eradication. But our society and economy will be able to fully recover.”

Did you really think we wouldn't read it for ourselves?

When personal decisions threaten the health and well-being being of others?.

Someone has to acturaly be a threat first. A possible, maybe, could be is no proof or evidence someone is a threat, unless everyone wants to assume everyone is a threat because everyone talks and breathes oxygen.

Evidence or proof someone is a threat or could put others at risk. As in a positive covid test people where people had to stay home and isolate.

If someone wants to say I am a threat I am more than happy to take a test and show them the result and then ask for an apology for calling me a threat if it comes back negative.

Apparently there is a jab that protects people so everyone who has it should feel safe.

And unless the vaccine is immunity and there is no way someone vaccinated can get and pass on the virus who is anyone to call anyone else a threat.

When personal decisions threaten the health and well-being being of others?.
Yeah. Your right to swing your arm ends where some else's nose begins.
Someone has to acturaly be a threat first.
The Supreme Court defined that over a hundred years ago.
If someone wants to say I am a threat I am more than happy to take a test
Yeah, that is one alternative people can take. A current negative test is often used as a substitute for vaccination. Or self-isolation.
Apparently there is a jab that protects people so everyone who has it should feel safe.
Until immunizations are perfect, there's still a small risk. And as you know, the Supreme Court doesn't see that as an acceptable excuse.

When something does not make sense I will call it out and question it.

The virus is real, vulnerable people can get really sick and need be protected and it's everyone's duty to protect others in society. So if im sick I stay home, if im not feeling well im not going to go out, it don't need to be covid it could just be a common cold, that also can make peoppe very sick.

It's just respect for others if your not feeling well you dont go out or hang around others or be in crowds and especially with elderly around. I mean I missed a Christmas party about 5 years ago, before covid, because I had a small cold, so I didn't want to take it near anyone especially my elderly grandparents so I pulled out.

It's not because of covid that i now say these things, i have always believed in good health practice and respecting others.

And only individuals themselves can have good health practice. Unfortunately some don't care in this world and they go out when they sick.

Governments intentions were good. They basically showed people how to have good health practice if they sick. Don't visit people, stay home, wear a mask if you must go out, keep your distance.

Even now it's still mandatory if going to a hospital or doctors to wear a mask, thats good health prsctice because its full of vulnerable people and if people there are also sick waiting to see a doctor they should wear a mask to contain that stuff as there could be some elderly frail vulnerable person with a weak immune system close to them. Thinking of others.

Government drilled it into everyone how to have respect for others if they sick. They made everyone do the steps even if they were nkt sick. I already knew good health practice, its exactly what the government made everyone do. That's where I say good intentions. But it's up to individuals to take on that responsibility and continue it. Wash your hands regular, keep your distance and don't visit people or go in crowds if your not well even if it means you can't make church. It's just having respect for others.

If someone does have a cold or flu or covid it's not there fault they didn't ask for it, but you try do your best not to pass it on to others.

a lot of these examples are misunderstandings of physical properties. I know that many flat earthwrs don't believe in gravity and use the spinning ball example to make the globe sound ridiculous.

The reason you can not stick a piece of sand on a ball and spinning it really fast and the piece of sand stay on is simply because you are on this massive object called Earth. The gravity of Earth is more intense than the ball's gravity.

Gravity is a phenomenon where massive concentrations of matter distort space to a degree that mass is pulled towards a center. The closer to the core the more intense the gravity.

The more mass an object has, the more the object will be pulled towards the center. The sun keeps earth in rotation because we are close enough that the sun's gravity effects us. Same with our moon. The reason why certain games float, like helium is because it's less dense than most of the atmosphere. However helium balloons can only float so high before gravity acts upon it and prevent it from going any higher.

Flat Earth basicly violates a you of physical laws, so many people throw it out.
Gravity doesn't exist.

Childishly easy to prove.

Explain to me how you believe gravity works and I'll explain to you, in terms even a child could understand, that you are mistaken.

Tell me how you think gravity pulls things and we'll go from there.

I'll put in my two cents. The idea of the flat Earth isn't thretening, but infuriating to me when the FE'ers as much as make the accusation, "The teacher shown you a globe when you were a kid and then you believed it without questioning". For someone into science and mathematics as I am, that's extremely insulting. I can prove the Earth is round by a schoolboy's ruler and protractor -- I make sundials in which the mathematics are based on a spherical Earth. So, I can calculate any weird contorted shape and roof surface and make a sundial for that part of the Earth and it will work here and there. So I will spare people the proofs of ships sinking below the horizon and pictures from space. I will take simple geometric principles and thus show why a flat earth and a sun only 3000 miles away is sheer nonsense. They are simple concepts in measurement, angle and perspective that anyone can do without all the complex calculations like I can do.

As for the Bible, as many times as I read thru it forward and backwards and forward more times than I can count, I do not find anywhere that states the shape of the Earth. The closest thing is Isaiah's "circle of the Earth" which can be interpreted as one's vantage point from the surface, as in a planetarium, where the horizon is all around you. That appears as a (horizontal) circle in which the Lord sits above from above that surface, i.e. the Lord is higher and mightier than anything on earth - it's not a verse about its shape. Then you have the "4 corners" argument. Well, first off, why do the FE'ers then say its a disk instead of flat square? And if one wants to talk about 4 corners, have we ever considered an inscribed tetrahedron within the sphere? A tetrahedron has 4 vertices, and divides a sphere up into 4 equilateral surface triangles. So a sphere can have "4-corners".

Now that I brought forth some geometric/mathematical concepts, I don't want to hear again that I believe the earth is a sphere "because I was told" and then I went duh... must be. Rather, I introduced some concepts here of my own thinking that is far more involved than I ever heard any FE'er state.
It doesn't matter what insults you. It matters what is true.

Swallow your pride and watch the video I presented.

We were all taught the earth was round from Kindergarten on. This isn't about you.

Those with the humility and courage to look into Flat Earth have come away with a revelation.

Forget all that you've been taught, and all that you probably spent on college, and watch the video.

The Earth is Flat - there's no question about it and the Bible supports that FACT.

Gravity doesn't exist.

Childishly easy to prove.

Explain to me how you believe gravity works and I'll explain to you, in terms even a child could understand, that you are mistaken.

Tell me how you think gravity pulls things and we'll go from there.
Gravity is the name of the force that is exerted on matter bases on matter density.

So for example the Earth distorts space.to the degree that a force of 9.8 meters per second squared. Is pulled towards its (Earth's center). The Earth is kept in orbit of the Sun at 274 m/s^2.

Water is wet and the earth is flat – which is sad news for conspiracy theorist Bob Knodel. Knodel is a proud Flat-Earther who was so confident in the theory that he spent a whopping $20,000 on an experiment that ironically concluded that the Earth is round.
The conspiracy theorist has a YouTube channel that is dedicated to proving that the Earth is flat and the channel has developed a community.
Knodel wanted to prove naysayers wrong, so he spent $20,000 on a laser gyroscope that he was sure would highlight that the planet does not rotate. The experiment took place in the Netflix documentary Behind the Curvewhere it was revealed that the Earth is actually round (shock horror).
However, using a gyroscope he discovered that there was a “drift” that was collected each hour.
“What we found is, when we turned on that gyroscope, we found that we were picking up a drift. A 15-degree per hour drift,” he says.

And yes, 15 times 24 is 360, if you were wondering.
It is a complete mystery who you were directing this post to, but I wasn't wondering.

That Netflix movie was produced by the same people who spend BILLIONS perpetuating the round earth lie.

You've been had.

Why is the subject of this OP actually being discussed by rational adults?
If you don't like the thread, I welcome you to spend your precious time elsewhere.

Why are you spending time in a thread you don't like or agree with?

Did you happen to notice you are in the Conspiracy Forum?

Why come to the Conspiracy Forum and belittle the conspiracies?

Nobody is forcing you to be here.

from 2015 to 2017 it became a decent sized movement
It hasn't stopped growing.

That is an illusion perpetuated by the MSM.

People are waking up to the Truth of the Flat Earth every single day and those who refuse to look into it enough to discover the Facts aren't slowing it down in the least.

Have the courage, and humility, to watch the video. If you watch the entire video with sincerity and come away still believing in round earth, then you have acute cognitive dissonance and are unreachable, or simply do not have the capacity to think for yourself.

Click the link:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Ar2hAzFR8THY/

Gravity is the name of the force that is exerted on matter bases on matter density.
Let's speak in layman's terms please so that everyone can clearly understand your claims, and so that you can't pretend to be more intelligent than you are.

Explain to those reading along why, according to the scientific laws of gravity, a feather barely falls at all while a sherman tank is almost immovable.

71ae15ee056b7b3050856189a7571963d4-19-flat-earth.rsocial.w1200.jpg

It is a complete mystery who you were directing this post to, but I wasn't wondering.
I was just touched to see a true flat Earth believer retaining enough intellectual honesty to admit that he just found convincing evidence for a round Earth.

That Netflix movie was produced by the same people who spend BILLIONS perpetuating the round earth lie.
Bob Knodel. Knodel is a proud Flat-Earther who was so confident in the theory that he spent a whopping $20,000 on an experiment that ironically concluded that the Earth is round.
The conspiracy theorist has a YouTube channel that is dedicated to proving that the Earth is flat and the channel has developed a community.

You've been had.

Explain to those reading along why, according to the scientific laws of gravity, a feather barely falls at all while a sherman tank is almost immovable.
F=ma. And of course, wind resistance. Look here...

Gravity is a property of matter. It isn't even a force in the sense we think of force. It's a warping of space. BTW, Einstein correctly predicted that an eclipse of the Sun would permit us to see stars behind it, due to the way it warped space around it. If you drop a Sherman tank and a feather in a vacuum, they will fall at the same rate.

Back