Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is FLAT EARTH such a threat?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

theWind

Say I'm just curious what all the hubbub is about.

Why is Flat Earth the absolute worst thing I could possibly ask a question about on a Christian Forum?

We can discuss satan and child rape and child trafficking and demon worship and all doctrines of all kinds from all other religions, but say a single word about Flat Earth and you are swarmed, attacked, mocked, ridiculed and your words/threads are removed, if you aren't outright banned.

Why is this concept such a threat?

Think about it. If I were to go around pushing the idea that something completely unbiblical, and totally asinine, were the truth, most wouldn't even pay any attention. A few would speak up and correct me, but most would just look upon me like we look at an ignorant child that doesn't know any better. No frills, no chaos.

Why? Why is the Flat Earth the absolute unspeakable evil on every Christian Discussion Forum, much less any social media forum?

What gives? Why is it SO threatening?

If I were to go around pushing the idea that something completely unbiblical, and totally asinine, were the truth
This is exactly why.

There is a huge difference between talking about things, even very evil things, that actually happen in reality, and believing something to be true, and perhaps trying to prove it with the Bible, that does not correspond with reality. Belief in a flat earth makes a person look utterly foolish and, if they’re a Christian, makes Christianity, Christ, and the gospel look utterly foolish.

I got no idea I have never taken any notice of flat earth theory or why it would be banned. If someone believes the earth is flat then so be it that's there freedom of belief and opinion and should be allowed a voice..

If science and evidence says the earth is round for example then you would want to have open honest debate about it so people who believe it is flat can see that, why should anyone be banned or a topic because they don't agree with someone elses beliefs. That's just denying people the truth.

I'm not saying on here I wouldn't know I'm saying in general.

How can anyone come to the truth if they are banned and not allowed a voice and you can't have open honest discussion about it.

If I believe the earth is round as I do, and someone else believes it's flat, then if i say the earth is round sorry you can't have a voice it's just round, then that person is always going to believe the earth is flat and each go there own way. There is no interaction, no debate.

If you believe Jesus is the truth then you would want other people to also believe Jesus is the truth and explain to them why and have open honest peaceful discussion about it. You both discuss it and both have a voice. I'm not a fan of censorship.

I do understand this is a Christian forum so it has policies, like people can't just go promoting other religions and beliefs outside of Christianity.. It's a Christian forum so if people want to know beliefs outside of Christianity or promote other beliefs they are free to go to other forums for that.

And thsts a good thing because it stops hijacking. This is a Chrietian forum not a anything in general forum.

Is someone made a thread saying the earth is flat and starting promoting why they believe the earth is flat when the bible clearly says it's round as does science and evidence, then that's going outside of Christianity and promoting another belief.

This is exactly why.

There is a huge difference between talking about things, even very evil things, that actually happen in reality, and believing something to be true, and perhaps trying to prove it with the Bible, that does not correspond with reality. Belief in a flat earth makes a person look utterly foolish and, if they’re a Christian, makes Christianity, Christ, and the gospel look utterly foolish.
I don't think this answers the question, though.

Lots of topics that fit that bill are discussed on every Christian site, but none are so threatening as Flat Earth.

People are even allowed to discuss Jesus Christ not being God ad nauseum. No worries at all.

How does one's view of the physical world "make Christianity, Christ and the gospel look foolish?"

And thsts a good thing because it stops hijacking. This is a Chrietian forum not a anything in general forum.
Well, this is a Conspiracies and Aliens Discussion Forum on a Christian site. So we're safe to discuss here.
Is someone made a thread saying the earth is flat and starting promoting why they believe the earth is flat when the bible clearly says it's round as does science and evidence, then that's going outside of Christianity and promoting another belief.
There are many who make the case that the Bible teaches many Flat Earth arguments as well.

And most Flat Earthers are devout Christians. Many came to their belief via discovering Flat Earth concepts.

Go figure. :confused

Well, this is a Conspiracies and Aliens Discussion Forum on a Christian site. So we're safe to discuss here.

There are many who make the case that the Bible teaches many Flat Earth arguments as well.

And most Flat Earthers are devout Christians. Many came to their belief via discovering Flat Earth concepts.

Go figure. :confused

Because the scripture says 4 corners of the earth?.

What are the 4 corners and 4 winds. Obviously north, east, south, and west. Nothing to do with a flat earth.

There are 4 corners on a ball?

Not on a ball but I can point to 4 corners, North, East, South, and West. Or I could go NE, or NNE, or NNNE or NNNNE, I think I would end up with a circle, but that's just a flat circle so it's not what we discussing.

You couldd ask a airline pilot they fly around the world so would know the data, im sure an airplane doesn't fly straight and flat it adjusts to a earth globe.

I don't think this answers the question, though.

Lots of topics that fit that bill are discussed on every Christian site, but none are so threatening as Flat Earth.

People are even allowed to discuss Jesus Christ not being God ad nauseum. No worries at all.
Not necessarily. However, it is allowed to a point so that 1) that perhaps some who deny the deity of Christ may come to a correct understanding, and 2) that others can read and understand the reasonableness and superior biblical understanding that Jesus is God.

How does one's view of the physical world "make Christianity, Christ and the gospel look foolish?"
Because clearly the world isn’t flat, so it makes Christians look anti-science and anti-intellectual. Who would want to believe a religion that supposedly promotes something patently false? It makes Christianity look like a fool’s religion.

Because clearly the world isn’t flat, so it makes Christians look anti-science and anti-intellectual. Who would want to believe a religion that supposedly promotes something patently false? It makes Christianity look like a fool’s religion.
I think the most worldly-inclined of us do a lot of assuming when it comes to embracing all that science declares to be true.

Believing what the Bible teaches about Creation could be said to make one look anti-science and anti-intellectual for the sheer reason that those who believe otherwise feel those people aren't using their intellect when they embrace the Bible's teachings. Yet the Bible actually teaches us to put our faith in God's teachings and to shun the teachings of the world.

It's a difference of opinion just like so many differing Biblical doctrines.

Back