Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study Why The key is given to the man?

So, getting back to the infamous "key."

Jesus said, where the Word is sown, THEN Satan enters the heart to steal the Word. Mark 4:15. If anyone can't see Satan speaking from Peter's lips in this account, what can I say?

This exact KEY was shown with Peter. And it's on this 'understanding,' that the 'church' is built.

It is on this same "key" basis that we are to "hate" our own lives, in recognition of the tempter's internal influences over and in our own flesh.

Examples:

Ecclesiastes 2:17
Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

him, above, being of course Satan, the tempter, the thief, the destroyer, the resistor, the great dragon, who has present reign over the vile flesh body through the avenues of temptations, lusts, deceptions of every sort imaginable.

So, yeah, the KEY was summarized here, after the event with Peter, thusly by Jesus:

Matt. 16:
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

It is not 'us' or 'ourselves' that we are looking for on the other side of this venture, but God in Christ, Himself. We are a portion of His Own Body, being formed, presently, in the midst of adversity, courtesy of the pressures applied by the tempter, the wicked overlord of the flesh. The elemental adverse to God, wicked spirit that God's children are 'tutored' and 'disciplined' under, that we might learn what "resistance" is, and in the process, Mercy and unmerited favor aka GRACE.

We'd all do ourselves a favor and stop trying to save the tempter in our own flesh, and recognize what is "really" going on.

Yes Jp, I know.
i know that you believe that people are spiritually regenerated in water.
So, how can you possibly agree with me about the Blood of Christ?
You cant have both, JP., and you've already made your water choice.

I didn't make that choice; Paul did. It's what he taught.

Rom 6:3-4 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Do you know what the word "regenerated" means? The prefix "re" means "to do again" and the word "generated" means to be brought into being, as by birth.

Paul said we die with Christ in the waters of baptism and are raised to new life (born again).

It's right there in black and white for you to see, unless you just don't want to see it.

But Baptism would be totally useless without the shed blood of Jesus. Had Jesus not died for our sins and risen from the dead, no one would be saved.

iakov the fool

Yes.
Im absolutely transparent on a Christian Forum.
All i ever do and all i ever will do is lift up Jesus Christ and give Him and His Blood atonement all the credit for Salvation.
Jesus said in John 14:6 the HE and HE alone is the Way to the Father, and i believe Him.
You wont find me here or on any Christian thread trying to convince anyone that my "church" is the only body of Christ, or that Water baptism regenerates you or plays any part in salvation.
And of course i wont be found DEAD having believed that i can save myself in the "end" if i keep commandments or live a holy life.
I'll let the unbelievers and the heretics have that theology all to themselves.
So, yep, im crystal clear about what Paul taught, and i wont try to take God's Grace away from any Believer, or try to confuse them about their hope in Christ..
You can bet on that., and win that bet every time., Ms Mod. :thumb
you are on record now no more snarks etc.. no more judgements Great!

Back