Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Why would Jesus say this?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Many have misunderstood grace and believe that no matter how they behave, they are ok with God because of what Jesus did on the cross. That their sins are forgiven, the work is done, and now they are ready to rule and reign with Christ.
But the Bible tells us of this folly when it speaks to those who believe this way when Jesus says:
Matt 7:15-27

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

KJV

Matt 25:1-12

25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not

KJV

Luke 13:24-30

24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

KJV

Many have misunderstood grace and believe that no matter how they behave, they are ok with God because of what Jesus did on the cross. That their sins are forgiven, the work is done, and now they are ready to rule and reign with Christ.
But the Bible tells us of this folly when it speaks to those who believe this way when Jesus says:...
You know, I couldn't agree more with all the scripture you posted regarding those people that fit into your description that I underlined in the quote of your OP above. I certainly agree that anyone who thinks they are just fine with God no matter what they choose to believe or how they choose to behave (and choose to believe as you've described above) will one day here those terrible words "I never knew you: depart from me..." We've had a lot of long discussions in these forums on this subject and how those that fit into the "I can do anything I want because the idea of saved by grace gives me a license to sin" are SO wrong.

But my question to you is: Where are all these people who believe this way? (...no matter how they behave, they are ok with God...) I've known a lot of Christians over several decades now and the vast majority of them believe in salvation through grace and grace alone. Literally only less than a handful Ive known don't believe this. Yet I've known very few if any who actually saw grace as a "license to sin" or even acted as if they believed that "no matter how they behave, they are ok with God." In fact, one man I know well (Jim McNeely) who is a Christian author with 3 published books on the subject of Christian living and salvation through grace alone, as well as being an active pastor of a church who describes himself as a "very strong grace preacher and teacher", would never condone this kind of an idea, that a Christian who believes in grace alone for salvation and for a model of how to live, means that they can behave however they want and are still OK in God's eyes! In fact, since I know him well, I see his private life that the general public does not see and I can attest that even in private he lives by Christian principles and his life shows that good Christian "fruit" far better than the few I know personally who teach (by their words) that you must live by the law. One man I know who does teach living by the law is actually a Messianic Rabbi and I've known him since childhood. Despite all his good sounding teaching to live "perfect, as Christ was perfect" his actions in his private life are despicable to the point that I no longer can even be around him!

So, in light of all the condemnation I've seen of these vast numbers of "Christians" who believe they can live just however they want to, and sin all they want to, and still be fine with God, where are all of these people? In over 4 decades of active Christian living and fellowshipping with literally thousands of other Christians of many divers walks of life and doctrines, I've seen very, very few who believe this way, or even who just act like they believe this way.

Last edited:
You know, I couldn't agree more with all the scripture you posted regarding those people that fit into your description that I underlined in the quote of your OP above. I certainly agree that anyone who thinks they are just fine with God no matter what they choose to believe or how they choose to behave (and choose to believe as you've described above) will one day here those terrible words "I never knew you: depart from me..." We've had a lot of long discussions in these forums on this subject and how those that fit into the "I can do anything I want because the idea of saved by grace gives me a license to sin" are SO wrong.

But my question to you is: Where are all these people who believe this way? (...no matter how they behave, they are ok with God...) I've known a lot of Christians over several decades now and the vast majority of them believe in salvation through grace and grace alone. Literally only less than a handful Ive known don't believe this. Yet I've known very few if any who actually saw grace as a "license to sin" or even acted as if they believed that "no matter how they behave, they are ok with God." In fact, one man I know well (James McNeely) who is a Christian author with 3 published books on the subject of Christian living and salvation through grace alone, as well as being an active pastor of a church who describes himself as a "very strong grace preacher and teacher", would never condone this kind of an idea, that a Christian who believes in grace alone for salvation and for a model of how to live, means that they can behave however they want and are still OK in God's eyes! In fact, since I know him well, I see his private life that the general public does not see and I can attest that even in private he lives by Christian principles and his life shows that good Christian "fruit" far better than the few I know personally who teach (by their words) that you must live by the law. One man I know who does teach living by the law is actually a Messianic Rabbi and I've known him since childhood. Despite all his good sounding teaching to live "perfect, as Christ was perfect" his actions in his private life are despicable to the point that I no longer can even be around him!

So, in light of all the condemnation I've seen of these vast numbers of "Christians" who believe they can live just however they want to, and sin all they want to, and still be fine with God, where are all of these people? In over 4 decades of active Christian living and fellowshipping with literally thousands of other Christians of many divers walks of life and doctrines, I've seen very, very few who believe this way, or even who just act like they believe this way.

As we know, only God knows the intensions of the heart of each man for true judgment of their hidden fruit. But we can see their outwardly fruit. It sounds as if you seen the difference between one who lived out the Truth and one who just thought that the Word was meant for everyone but him, like the Pharisees.
I used to think that I was a good person before I knew Christ, and I was deceived. Even now I find things in me that I need to allow the Spirit to help me get in line with The Word.
If we judge our self we shall not be judged. This has a two fold meaning.
One is, if we examine our self honestly, we may have time to correct it before we are judged on it, for God does give us time to repent and turn. But it can also mean, if one who is blind when it comes to their own self, may not see their own faults and judge our self as perfect in all our ways in, blind error, and God's judgment will come in that case.
There is no one that I know of who is perfected in all things, but I do know this: Those who will be first, shall be last and those who are last shall be first.
When we put another's welfare and needs before our own when it is in our power to do so, then that is the greatest thing you can do. Those who put their own self first as in self survival, they shall be last in God's eyes.
God's Word is the greatest thing you can give to another, for it is the saving of their soul that is more important than anything you can give. Sometimes, many times it may cost you humiliation, rejection, ridicule but we must always lay our life down, pick up the cross to exalt the Word for the betterment of self and others.
Blessings

One man I know who does teach living by the law is actually a Messianic Rabbi and I've known him since childhood. Despite all his good sounding teaching to live "perfect, as Christ was perfect" his actions in his private life are despicable to the point that I no longer can even be around him!
And it really is arrogance that leads people to do what this Rabbi does. The flaws and errors that he himself has are justified in his own mind. After we have all of our flaws and errors justified in our own mind, we will transfer those exact flaws and errors to others around us and judge them.
Under the principle of transference arrogance, you will discover a very simple principle in life: That those who make accusations and judge others are usually guilty of the very thing they judge others for. If they're not, they are usually doing things which a far more evil and wicked.

But my question to you is: Where are all these people who believe this way? (...no matter how they behave, they are ok with God...) I've known a lot of Christians over several decades now and the vast majority of them believe in salvation through grace and grace alone. Literally only less than a handful Ive known don't believe this. Yet I've known very few if any who actually saw grace as a "license to sin" or even acted as if they believed that "no matter how they behave, they are ok with God." In fact, one man I know well (James McNeely) who is a Christian author with 3 published books on the subject of Christian living and salvation through grace alone, as well as being an active pastor of a church who describes himself as a "very strong grace preacher and teacher", would never condone this kind of an idea, that a Christian who believes in grace alone for salvation and for a model of how to live, means that they can behave however they want and are still OK in God's eyes! In fact, since I know him well, I see his private life that the general public does not see and I can attest that even in private he lives by Christian principles and his life shows that good Christian "fruit" far better than the few I know personally who teach (by their words) that you must live by the law. One man I know who teaches living by the law is actually a Messianic Rabbi and I've known him since childhood. Despite all his good sounding teaching to live "perfect, as Christ was perfect" his actions in his private life are despicable to the point that I no longer can even be around him!

So, in light of all the condemnation I've seen of these vast numbers of "Christians" who believe they can live just however they want to, and sin all they want to, and still be fine with God, where are all these people? In over 4 decades of active Christian living and fellowshipping with literally thousands of other Christians of many divers walks of life and doctrines, I've seen very, very few who believe this or even who just act like they believe this.
Good afternoon OB,
There are a number of these folks that i have, personally, met that live this way. One will not name is female and a nice lady but unless she has cleaned up since I saw her last, a few months ago, is still dirty and lives in open sin, flaunting it in Church. She, like all of these, believe that because she went forward and was baptized she is safe, no matter what she does.

And she did not get the theology from our church but then the false teachers run the gambit from you must live the Mosaic Law through one must only live the Sermon on the Mount. We all know the Law is the perfect illustration of Jesus in word format but that only He can do that and we must only, from our hearts, try to live His way.

There is such a gulf between these two styles of teacher that is, it seems, filled with a ready supply for what you might want to believe. I learned in the military that for a successful propaganda push, ten percent or more truth is required and that seems to be what the false teachers are pushing.

You appear to have a solid grip on the Gospel, leading me to believe you are seated under a good teacher as I am and we, anyone seated thus should not expect to see many of these because they will get their ears singed instead of tickled and do not enjoy hearing the truth.

But outside the Church I have ran across a huge number proclaiming the name of the Christ but were not, in any faction, grounded in truth. The two largest factions in the U.S. appear to be the JWs and the LDS, followed by their birth mother the Mormons. The above OP would be great teaching on their sites.

As we know, only God knows the intensions of the heart of each man for true judgment of their hidden fruit. But we can see their outwardly fruit. It sounds as if you seen the difference between one who lived out the Truth and one who just thought that the Word was meant for everyone but him, like the Pharisees.
I used to think that I was a good person before I knew Christ, and I was deceived. Even now I find things in me that I need to allow the Spirit to help me get in line with The Word.
One is, if we examine our self honestly, we may have time to correct it before we are judged on it, for God does give us time to repent and turn. But it can also mean, if one who is blind when it comes to their own self, may not see their own faults and judge our self as perfect in all our ways in, blind error, and God's judgment will come in that case.
There is no one that I know of who is perfected in all things, but I do know this: Those who will be first, shall be last and those who are last shall be first.
When we put another's welfare and needs before our own when it is in our power to do so, then that is the greatest thing you can do. Those who put their own self first as in self survival, they shall be last in God's eyes.
God's Word is the greatest thing you can give to another, for it is the saving of their soul that is more important than anything you can give. Sometimes, many times it may cost you humiliation, rejection, ridicule but we must always lay our life down, pick up the cross to exalt the Word for the betterment of self and others.
Blessings
Since you quoted me I am assuming this is meant as an answer to me. But I don't see anywhere you have actually addressed what I asked. That was where are all these "many" who "have misunderstood grace and believe that no matter how they behave, they are ok with God" I haven't seen all that many at all. At least not among Christians. Maybe among those that think they are Christians simply because they live in the United States or because they go to church on Easter Sunday once a year, or among cult members. But not among actual practicing Christians.

Good afternoon OB,
There are a number of these folks that i have, personally, met that live this way. One will not name is female and a nice lady but unless she has cleaned up since I saw her last, a few months ago, is still dirty and lives in open sin, flaunting it in Church. She, like all of these, believe that because she went forward and was baptized she is safe, no matter what she does.

And she did not get the theology from our church but then the false teachers run the gambit from you must live the Mosaic Law through one must only live the Sermon on the Mount. We all know the Law is the perfect illustration of Jesus in word format but that only He can do that and we must only, from our hearts, try to live His way.

There is such a gulf between these two styles of teacher that is, it seems, filled with a ready supply for what you might want to believe. I learned in the military that for a successful propaganda push, ten percent or more truth is required and that seems to be what the false teachers are pushing.

You appear to have a solid grip on the Gospel, leading me to believe you are seated under a good teacher as I am and we, anyone seated thus should not expect to see many of these because they will get their ears singed instead of tickled and do not enjoy hearing the truth.

But outside the Church I have ran across a huge number proclaiming the name of the Christ but were not, in any faction, grounded in truth. The two largest factions in the U.S. appear to be the JWs and the LDS, followed by their birth mother the Mormons. The above OP would be great teaching on their sites.
Thanks Bill. Yeah, I've been lucky to have been with some good teachers (and look forward to more too!) and appreciate all I've gained from them that has helped my understanding of the word of God!

I know there are some out there like the woman you described above. What I was referring to are some of the people (not necessarily this thread yet, but will wait to see how it goes) who talk as if anyone who is not a hard core legalist must then be of the belief that all we have to do is say some sort of "sinner's prayer" and then we are free to go on with life in any sinful way we feel like and God still approves of this. This has been stated among our members many times, but usually in a forum where I'm a moderator so I don't feel right about taking part in the conversations where I may have to moderate. That's why I'm asking my question here. It seems to me that since I've been around an awful lot of Christians that believe in grace, if this kind of "do as you want and it's all ok with God" mentality was that common I would have been seeing a lot of it instead of just one or two people out of thousands. I'm not talking about people that are part of the JWs, Mormons or LDS (which I consider cults.) I'm talking about people among mainstream Christians.

Last edited:
Since you quoted me I am assuming this is meant as an answer to me. But I don't see anywhere you have actually addressed what I asked. That was where are all these "many" who "have misunderstood grace and believe that no matter how they behave, they are ok with God" I haven't seen all that many at all. At least not among Christians. Maybe among those that think they are Christians simply because they live in the United States or because they go to church on Easter Sunday once a year, or among cult members. But not among actual practicing Christians.

Well, I have no names that I would give you, but do you know anyone in your church who lives in fornication? Perhaps is a Christian but has divorced their believing spouse for another? Someone who is not always honest in their dealings? Maybe gets angry and holds grudges at the drop of a hat? Those who seek forgiveness for their sins, yet watch the news to see that the sinner gets their just dues at sentencing? These are just some of those whom think their ways are ok with God, and they believe they are a Christian.
They may be a believer in Christ as the Son of God, but they are not believing that they have to follow the Word at all. Do you know any Christians who only open their Bible in church yet unfamiliar with it any other time?
I should mention also that it is not enough to just know of Christ, but to call upon God to help us to overcome our short comings if we are sincere in our walk. I in 76 went for an altar call to be saved, not because I had a heart to receive Christ, but to please others who wanted me to. I did not change nothing, nor did I walk in Christ at all. I called myself saved, but God seen that my heart was not in it. I was a clock watcher and couldn't wait for the service to end. Know any believer's like that? I am sure you have seen them.
We must submit ourselves to the Word, us at his feet and him exalted over every area of our life.

But my question to you is: Where are all these people who believe this way? (...no matter how they behave, they are ok with God...)
So, in light of all the condemnation I've seen of these vast numbers of "Christians" who believe they can live just however they want to, and sin all they want to, and still be fine with God, where are all of these people?

Well, call the News Channels, send a message to the President. One this day I agree with Obadiah, and its not even a blood moon or eclipse.

I would also like to know where these people are at. 17 years of Baptist, Pentecostals, Catholics, And Word of Faith Churches I have yet to run into one person that thinks like this.

In fact, I have spent all those years trying to convince people that God would forgive them, and that things can be better, that it's not to late. If your still breathing, then there is still hope.

Now this statement is far different from the OP. Self deception comes from constant violation of ones conscience. Judge yourselves we are warned to avoid judgement. That means we don't over ride with reasoning's to allow something, but get corrected right away.

This is far different than believing someone preaching we can sin away and things work out just fine. This is an eternal issue by violation of light given. Not everyone is responsible for the same light, or revelation.

Then there are groups who go to all the big Faith meetings, grab all the books and CD's and wonder why they are still defeated in life.

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
(Jas 1:22-24)

There comes this sense of having heard over and over means you just become what you have heard. Not considering that hearing without action and putting into practice is dead.

I have met lots of these folks.

I have no idea who these other folks your talking about come from. I have heard of "FREE" love churches where everyone has sex with everyone. We are addresses cults though at this point, nobody here on the forum that I know.

All sin cost something, even if forgiven, it will cost something in the natural. It may cost you a heart at peace with God. May cost you a marriage, a job, your freedom. You can still be forgiven though.

edited reba
We don't prove truth in Scripture by proving something wrong or a group of people wrong. That is not teaching, that is judging and making assumptions.

it's like proving healing is true by putting down a well know Baptist group or pastor. Proving Healing is not for today by putting down Kenneth Copeland and that group. It's better to just show the Word and not mention any group or person, this way people can relate.

Since I have never met this type of group you mentioned, I have to dig deep in an attempt to understand and relate to what you posted. it don't help me a bit.

Be blessed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this on face book....seems to fit this thread...

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.... The next morning while they are eating breakfast, the young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside. "that laundry is not very clean: she doesn't know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap." Her husband look on, remaining silent. Every time the woman hangs her wash to dry , the young woman makes the same comments.... A month later, the young woman is surprised to see a nice clean wash on the line.. and says to her husband : "Look, she finally learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this.? " The husband replies , " I got up early this morning and cleaned our windows ." And so it is with life... What we see when watching others depends on the clarity of the window through which we look.

Found this on face book....seems to fit this thread...

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.... The next morning while they are eating breakfast, the young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside. "that laundry is not very clean: she doesn't know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap." Her husband look on, remaining silent. Every time the woman hangs her wash to dry , the young woman makes the same comments.... A month later, the young woman is surprised to see a nice clean wash on the line.. and says to her husband : "Look, she finally learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this.? " The husband replies , " I got up early this morning and cleaned our windows ." And so it is with life... What we see when watching others depends on the clarity of the window through which we look.

That's pretty good Reba.

Well I guess Jesus just didn't know what he meant when he said in the day many will say Lord, Lord but because of their iniquity he never knew them.
Go figure,

Literally growing up in church... I do not remember people claiming salvation and living a trashy life as to be putting it is God face... I knew people that were working on some problems sure ..

Well, I have no names that I would give you, but do you know anyone in your church who lives in fornication? Perhaps is a Christian but has divorced their believing spouse for another? Someone who is not always honest in their dealings? Maybe gets angry and holds grudges at the drop of a hat? Those who seek forgiveness for their sins, yet watch the news to see that the sinner gets their just dues at sentencing? These are just some of those whom think their ways are ok with God, and they believe they are a Christian.
They may be a believer in Christ as the Son of God, but they are not believing that they have to follow the Word at all. Do you know any Christians who only open their Bible in church yet unfamiliar with it any other time?
I should mention also that it is not enough to just know of Christ, but to call upon God to help us to overcome our short comings if we are sincere in our walk. I in 76 went for an altar call to be saved, not because I had a heart to receive Christ, but to please others who wanted me to. I did not change nothing, nor did I walk in Christ at all. I called myself saved, but God seen that my heart was not in it. I was a clock watcher and couldn't wait for the service to end. Know any believer's like that? I am sure you have seen them.
We must submit ourselves to the Word, us at his feet and him exalted over every area of our life.
Well there ya go. You've described me and pretty much everyone I've ever known as fitting into this group somewhere. In fact, I think anyone who claims they've never done any of these things, even as a Christian, is a liar and this is not my judgement, but simply repeating what God has said in His own word: "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8 ESV) It seems indeed you are claiming we are saved through legalism since you say that it is "folly" for anyone who has done any of these things to believe they are "OK with God" which has to mean you believe it if "folly" for them to believe they are forgiven, so I vehemently disagree. We are told in Ecclesiastes 7:20 (ESV) that "Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins." and this is repeated in the New Testament in Romans 3:10 (ESV) "as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;" and we are told in God's word that "For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it. (James 2:10.) As for the things you mention, I know of no group of Christians that actually teaches it's ok to commit sins, only of those that teach we are forgiven for our sins and that we should not condemn others of sins when we ourselves are not perfect. We can teach that certain things actually mentioned as sin in scripture are wrong, but we have no authority, as the one you have presumed to have, to refer to someones faith in God for their forgiveness and salvation as "folly" because they do not live a perfect life. This is against the teachings of Jesus.

So, in your list of judgements above, you have pretty much judged and condemned all of mankind in direct opposition to what Jesus said. I have to say you are wrong in this based on God's word itself.

At His feet in His Words..
Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Back