Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Wife has Covid and Mother is dying

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
the liposomal C idea is a -very- good one. it is $$$, but the blood levels one can achieve are about what could happen from an infusion, so...worth it, I'd think.

just...in the interest of once again pushing my own 'alternative' health protocol on everyone (LOL)...here's a link (again..) to -free- info on Orthomolecular. Ever since covid-19 hit, they've been updating prevention cocktails, cocktails for treatment while on prescribed stuff, and treatment protocols for those who have to use the vitamins and nothing else. oh, and...for people like me, there's info on Dr.Hoffer's old school "MegaVitamin Therapy for the Schizophrenias" (note the plural; not each and every individual's "Schizophrenia" is identical, a point that seems to be lost on modern treatment providers), and...blah blah blah...here it comes, again...

www.doctoryourself.com

these 'experts' call for using plain old vitamin c (tabs, caps, powder, whatever...just...consume lots of it, please...), so that's a bit different from making use of the Liposomal C, but...again: personally, I would advise you to make use of Liposomal C, if at all possible.

the liposomal C idea is a -very- good one. it is $$$, but the blood levels one can achieve are about what could happen from an infusion, so...worth it, I'd think.

just...in the interest of once again pushing my own 'alternative' health protocol on everyone (LOL)...here's a link (again..) to -free- info on Orthomolecular. Ever since covid-19 hit, they've been updating prevention cocktails, cocktails for treatment while on prescribed stuff, and treatment protocols for those who have to use the vitamins and nothing else. oh, and...for people like me, there's info on Dr.Hoffer's old school "MegaVitamin Therapy for the Schizophrenias" (note the plural; not each and every individual's "Schizophrenia" is identical, a point that seems to be lost on modern treatment providers), and...blah blah blah...here it comes, again...

www.doctoryourself.com

these 'experts' call for using plain old vitamin c (tabs, caps, powder, whatever...just...consume lots of it, please...), so that's a bit different from making use of the Liposomal C, but...again: personally, I would advise you to make use of Liposomal C, if at all possible.
you can't ignore other illness ,if a strong immune system causes your transplant to be rejected ,defeats the purpose

this is true. Orthomolecular seems to help me, that's all I can really say. The website I provided a link to is free, but I do advice a degree of caution and...prudence, really...in reading over and/or implementing their ideas. Orthomolecular psychiatry has been beneficial in my life, and I suspect (cannot prove, obviously) that applying some of their concepts, ideas -may- partly explain how I was able to float thru covid-craziness without any major illnesses. of course...now, I've (thankfully) been able to receive the 2nd shot of the Pfizer series, so...modern medicine is obviously important, too.

:)

rheumatoid arthritis
I wanted to check that before I made the suggestion to look up the teachings of Dr Henry W Wright (https://www.beinhealth.com/spiritual-roots-of-disease/).

I had his book "A more excellent way to be in health" and I had found it very insightful and sensible, in fact I quoted from it and recommended it a few times. I ended up gifting it to someone else who is more involved in healing and home remedies, but I have often wished to replace it. Maybe I should just go ahead and order a copy from Amazon...

But that’s exactly what Covid does. Covid doesn’t kill you, your own immune system does.

I’ve learned a lot about the immune system and Covid recently.
I wonder what Dr Henry W Wright might be saying about that in these days.

I wanted to check that before I made the suggestion to look up the teachings of Dr Henry W Wright (https://www.beinhealth.com/spiritual-roots-of-disease/).

I had his book "A more excellent way to be in health" and I had found it very insightful and sensible, in fact I quoted from it and recommended it a few times. I ended up gifting it to someone else who is more involved in healing and home remedies, but I have often wished to replace it. Maybe I should just go ahead and order a copy from Amazon...

I wonder what Dr Henry W Wright might be saying about that in these days.
the world is fallen ,the fact is health isn't a promise from God ,
we will die ,all men die ,Paul spoke of this for that which mortal must be put off ,and compares it to a seed planted .

you imply eat naturally from the womb and no ailment shall ail thee.

the world is fallen ,the fact is health isn't a promise from God ,
we will die ,all men die ,Paul spoke of this for that which mortal must be put off ,and compares it to a seed planted .

you imply eat naturally from the womb and no ailment shall ail thee.
before my wife had any sign of ra,she could walk miles ,garden ,arthritis comes with age ,I read up,on the types.I have some of it . my knees have it ,joints age ,we loose agility and bone and muscle density if we don't exercise .

your man implies my,wife could literally,get saved ,in time do what I can or women who do my hobby and men at her age (mma)and grapple and fight and yes their 60 year old men locally who do it .my old karate instructor has a body that can but he even has lost the ability to run because of arthritis .

that isn't to imply no spiritual element to healing or that stress doesn't cause immune issues ,just that he implies full recovery ,no man made joint will ever be as good as Gods design ,my,wife no longer has a right shoulder but an artificial one ,the clavicle is gone ,not tendons ,nor ligament .the joint naturally is a series of tendons and ligaments . sometimes repair isn't possible and they simply make a new joint .

perfect no ,but a lot better .

I,suggest reading that ,.

wright died about two years ago during a simple heart procedure ,meaning he saw a cardiologist.

I take no joy in calling him out but I despise the prosperity gospel .my church has missionaries that visit and the pastors wife is a physician assistant and has a gift to be that ,she doesn't enjoy,the clinical side but talking to and helping,the sick heal and despite death around her daily ,suffering ,hasn't been wounded by ptsd

not to bring it back to the vitamin c branch of Orthomolecular, but...

early on, some Chinese researchers used IV vitamin C infusions, to see if that would help. it did, although I think they combined it with...standard treatment (I'm guessing cortisone?). i have -thankfully- not dealt with severe covid, but when I'd get a sniffle or whatever, I'd do the Orthomolecular thing: keep poppin' that vitamin C till you cannot stand anymore. seriously. 1 gram per hour -minimum- is their usual recommendation, on top of other (usually inexpensive, readily available) maintenance supplements.

stovebolts

this ?
Yeah, that’s a decent article. You basically have two parts to your immune system. First we could call the frontline. It’s our first line of defense. It’s what surrounds the intruder and keeps it from spreading. It’s kind of a brut. It basically surrounds the invader and sends a message back to the adaptive immune system describing what it’s battling and asks for reinforcement antibodies.

These reinforcements are like snipers and with surgical skill, remove the threat while the frontline is throwing grenades killing anything in its path, even itself.

Because Covid is new, our bodies don’t have an off the shelf antibody to fight it. It takes a while to produce new antibodies for a virus it’s never encountered and to make enough of them to fight the battle. So that keeps the frontline busy, and it can get out of control, even after the virus is killed.

That’s when our immune system actually turns on us. And that’s why patients are given strong steroids. The steroids modulate the front line troupes that are causing the inflammation. In a since, they tampen the immune system so it quits attacking the body. With Covid, they come in with a strong antiviral to kill the virus and double down with an anti bacterial to compensate for modulating the immune system.

Yeah, that’s a decent article. You basically have two parts to your immune system. First we could call the frontline. It’s our first line of defense. It’s what surrounds the intruder and keeps it from spreading. It’s kind of a brut. It basically surrounds the invader and sends a message back to the adaptive immune system describing what it’s battling and asks for reinforcement antibodies.

These reinforcements are like snipers and with surgical skill, remove the threat while the frontline is throwing grenades killing anything in its path, even itself.

Because Covid is new, our bodies don’t have an off the shelf antibody to fight it. It takes a while to produce new antibodies for a virus it’s never encountered and to make enough of them to fight the battle. So that keeps the frontline busy, and it can get out of control, even after the virus is killed.

That’s when our immune system actually turns on us. And that’s why patients are given strong steroids. The steroids modulate the front line troupes that are causing the inflammation. In a since, they tampen the immune system so it quits attacking the body. With Covid, they come in with a strong antiviral to kill the virus and double down with an anti bacterial to compensate for modulating the immune system.
the worst thing you need to make that stronger after the attack

stovebolts, I missed all this, just seeing it now.
Sorry, but I will pray for this and you that all will work out well in the end.

I am sharing our camper with our youngest son. Our oldest son also has Covid from taking care of his Mom.
Your eldest is the one you were on the roof with a few weeks ago? How is his condition going since the last update, has he been able to fight off the infection better than your wife? How old is your youngest son? Has he been vaxed too? I hope your employer is understanding and accommodating your family's needs, and I really feel for your wife all alone in the hospital with worldly staff doing their duties (no doubt with PPE gear to the hilt and treating her like the plague). I hope she will soon be able to hold your hand and pray with you in front of a cosy fire and feel close to God again, "God is love"...

If you get chance please let us know how everyone is Jeff, including yourself.
Prayimg for you all. God Bless.
All is well. My wife is making an amazing recovery. She is no longer wobbly when trying to walk and she is able to write and type now. She only required two naps yesterday and overall her energy levels are improving.
I am back at work, but had a hard time focusing. Honestly, I think I got Covid from the house and was fighting it. I was so fatigued with such a headache and runny nose and I needed a nap around 2ish. I was pretty much lethargic the rest of the day. I feel well rested and alert at the moment. If I was fighting Covid, it lost!
My family back west went quiet, which means Moms probably not doing well. I need to make some calls today.

Your eldest is the one you were on the roof with a few weeks ago? How is his condition going since the last update, has he been able to fight off the infection better than your wife? How old is your youngest son? Has he been vaxed too? I hope your employer is understanding and accommodating your family's needs, and I really feel for your wife all alone in the hospital with worldly staff doing their duties (no doubt with PPE gear to the hilt and treating her like the plague). I hope she will soon be able to hold your hand and pray with you in front of a cosy fire and feel close to God again, "God is love"...
Our eldest is up from Texas and it’s our youngest that has the roofing business. Our youngest is 22 and isn’t going to get the vaccine. Our eldest is 36 and he actually tested negative. Last year when he was in Texas he spent a lot of time in the ICU for health reasons. We suspect he had Covid and had some form of immunity. We can’t really explain why his tests came back negative. Anyway, he got his first Pfizer shot yesterday. Unfortunately, he woke us up at 4 am coughing uncontrollably... That’s not a side effect of the shot.

We thought our eldest had Covid because he was sick and he cared for his Mom. Come to find out he ran out of his BP medicine and his BP was 192/140. Because he’s unemployed, he doesn’t have health insurance. Because he doesn’t have insurance, he doesn’t have a doctor to write a prescription. So basically his $12 prescription will end up costing over $2k after the ER visit.

The hospital my wife was in was excellent and she is singing their praises. They are a Catholic non-profit and really care. My best friend works there and was a huge support for me. He used to be an atheist... Anyway, It was a joy for me to call every day and get updates from them. They were not in tyvek suites with helmets etc. they made her wear an n95 mask when they came in and they wore n95 masks and goggles. She slept a lot and had her phone when she was awake so she didn’t feel isolated.

I think I was battling Covid yesterday so her and I got a lot of cuddle time in yesterday. ?. I got my second shot last Wednesday and brought her home Thursday night. I feel good this morning.

Thanks for the update, it is nice to receive positive news! :) I think your workplace should be quite able to understand the impact of everything you are going through, just the sheer number of people you have to be worrying about at one time - is there anyone you don't need to be worrying about right now?...

It sounds like the bill for your son might be an attempt to sow resentment, and he's obviously tried to spare you from any extra burden already by toughing it out, thinking it wouldn't have been a problem. Let us thank God for His power to heal and let's hope he is able to get on top again soon ?

Our eldest is up from Texas and it’s our youngest that has the roofing business. Our youngest is 22 and isn’t going to get the vaccine. Our eldest is 36 and he actually tested negative. Last year when he was in Texas he spent a lot of time in the ICU for health reasons. We suspect he had Covid and had some form of immunity. We can’t really explain why his tests came back negative. Anyway, he got his first Pfizer shot yesterday. Unfortunately, he woke us up at 4 am coughing uncontrollably... That’s not a side effect of the shot.

We thought our eldest had Covid because he was sick and he cared for his Mom. Come to find out he ran out of his BP medicine and his BP was 192/140. Because he’s unemployed, he doesn’t have health insurance. Because he doesn’t have insurance, he doesn’t have a doctor to write a prescription. So basically his $12 prescription will end up costing over $2k after the ER visit.

The hospital my wife was in was excellent and she is singing their praises. They are a Catholic non-profit and really care. My best friend works there and was a huge support for me. He used to be an atheist... Anyway, It was a joy for me to call every day and get updates from them. They were not in tyvek suites with helmets etc. they made her wear an n95 mask when they came in and they wore n95 masks and goggles. She slept a lot and had her phone when she was awake so she didn’t feel isolated.

I think I was battling Covid yesterday so her and I got a lot of cuddle time in yesterday. ?. I got my second shot last Wednesday and brought her home Thursday night. I feel good this morning.
Glad to hear your wife is doing better. From your posts you seem like such a sweet couple. Hope your son starts feeling better also.

Back