Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Wife has Covid and Mother is dying

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
All is well. My wife is making an amazing recovery. She is no longer wobbly when trying to walk and she is able to write and type now. She only required two naps yesterday and overall her energy levels are improving.
I am back at work, but had a hard time focusing. Honestly, I think I got Covid from the house and was fighting it. I was so fatigued with such a headache and runny nose and I needed a nap around 2ish. I was pretty much lethargic the rest of the day. I feel well rested and alert at the moment. If I was fighting Covid, it lost!
My family back west went quiet, which means Moms probably not doing well. I need to make some calls today.
Wonderful to hear your wife is improving so well.
You must have some antibodies to br able to fight it off.
Prayimg for you all.

Wonderful to hear your wife is improving so well.
You must have some antibodies to br able to fight it off.
Prayimg for you all.
Yeah, I was just over three weeks out from my first vaccination so I’m doing well.

my wife is really pushing herself today and taking breaks as needed. It’s a nice day here so we’ve enjoyed some good time on the porch today. She’s a real trouper!

Just an update.

My wife is recovering nicely. Her strength is coming back nicely.

Mom is rapidly going downhill. She is now in a wheelchair and on oxygen. Confusion is setting in and her skin color is changing. Death is coming soon.

I got a call yesterday. My (step) brother was found deceased in his apartment. Drugs and alcohol are heavily suspected.

I will be heading back to Washington state tomorrow.

Please wake me up when this is over. Just kidding. I am doing well and God is good and grants peace that calms the storms.

Just an update.

My wife is recovering nicely. Her strength is coming back nicely.

Mom is rapidly going downhill. She is now in a wheelchair and on oxygen. Confusion is setting in and her skin color is changing. Death is coming soon.

I got a call yesterday. My (step) brother was found deceased in his apartment. Drugs and alcohol are heavily suspected.

I will be heading back to Washington state tomorrow.

Please wake me up when this is over. Just kidding. I am doing well and God is good and grants peace that calms the storms.
Continued prayers.

Now an old work buddy of mine has covid too, down in Texas. Covid is starting to sound too close to home for me. I liked it better when no one I knew had it.
My wife and I dodged Covid a few times. One was my wife’s co-worker and another was a good friend. We saw them Sunday morning and again Sunday evening during our gathering. Even gave hugs. Monday morning he and his wife couldn’t get out of bed.
For me, that was God telling me he had hedged me long enough from Covid and I needed to get my Vaccine. So glad I did.

My cousin has Covid now because she didn’t get vaccinated. She will probably miss my Moms funeral.

It sounds like the bill for your son might be an attempt to sow resentment,
Only toward our lack of healthcare in America for our uninsured. It’s ridiculous to have to go to the ER for a $12 prescription. We’ve got 30 days to figure out how to renew his script once this one runs out.
I think your workplace should be quite able to understand the impact of everything you are going through,
My boss is super cool.

Just an update.
Mom passed away on the 4th and services are next Tuesday. I am officiating the service and could use everyone’s prayers. We anticipate between 200-300 people.
My brothers viewing is Monday and his military service is Thursday.

Im exhausted... but our family is at peace.

Just an update.
Mom passed away on the 4th and services are next Tuesday. I am officiating the service and could use everyone’s prayers. We anticipate between 200-300 people.

Praying that the peace will stick around and that you'll feel more rejuvenated and less exhausted soon! Sounds busy. I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your mother :sad

Just an update.

Sorry you have had to go through such heartbreak. You are dealing so well with everything. Peace and strength be with you every second. Praying for you and your family.
Take care of yourself.

Thank you Luminous_Rose and Tessa
I do appreciate hearing from both of you.

Organizing two funerals, especially dealing with the military is very exhaustive. I am hoping to have everything required finished today. I don’t want to give the wrong impresssion, it’s been a family affair but I am the lead with Mom. My Neice is lead with my brother. We are working well together.

After today, here is what is pending and due by Sunday.

1. Write Eulogy and service cadence for Moms Service. Go over with church pastor Monday morning and make any adjustments needed.
2. Create mp4 video for Moms service. Should be 7-10 minutes.
3. Write checks.

Wow... that feels good to know the list is getting smaller. Printing, reviewing and signing the last of the VA paperwork momentarily and then heading out to sign them in person and submit copies of the other paperwork they require.

It is abundantly clear the Holy Spirit has been and now and will continue to give you the power to carry out the task laid before you. This will serve as witness to the power of God in an individual's life and the lives of his loved ones. May this serve to you and all who know you to bring you/them closer to the Kingdom and your purpose/s in it. May the Lord's will for you and yours be made abundantly clear going forward.

Thank you Luminous_Rose and Tessa
I do appreciate hearing from both of you.

Organizing two funerals, especially dealing with the military is very exhaustive. I am hoping to have everything required finished today. I don’t want to give the wrong impresssion, it’s been a family affair but I am the lead with Mom. My Neice is lead with my brother. We are working well together.

After today, here is what is pending and due by Sunday.

1. Write Eulogy and service cadence for Moms Service. Go over with church pastor Monday morning and make any adjustments needed.
2. Create mp4 video for Moms service. Should be 7-10 minutes.
3. Write checks.

Wow... that feels good to know the list is getting smaller. Printing, reviewing and signing the last of the VA paperwork momentarily and then heading out to sign them in person and submit copies of the other paperwork they require.
your brother died while in active duty ?

Just an update.

The entry of God's people into His eternity is joy and celebration.

your brother died while in active duty ?
No, he did not pass in the line of duty. He was honorably discharged years ago. Did I word something wrong? His service next Thursday will be conducted at the vets cemetery. My Dad will receive his flag. They will give my brother a 21 gun salute and play taps, and whatever else is the nvolved. I’ve never been to a military funeral so I’m not sure how everything goes. I was talking with the cemetery director yesterday when I was dropping paperwork off, but I can’t remember everything he said, only the 21 gun salute and taps, and the flag stuck in my mind.

No, he did not pass in the line of duty. He was honorably discharged years ago. Did I word something wrong? His service next Thursday will be conducted at the vets cemetery. My Dad will receive his flag. They will give my brother a 21 gun salute and play taps, and whatever else is the nvolved. I’ve never been to a military funeral so I’m not sure how everything goes. I was talking with the cemetery director yesterday when I was dropping paperwork off, but I can’t remember everything he said, only the 21 gun salute and taps, and the flag stuck in my mind.
flag folding and firing squad but that is not done by the va but the vfw,American legion or any smaller similar vet group .I have done the firing squad ,but also the active service and guard have honor,guard.these all will,do that .the taps is usually a recording but a buglist can be found who does it.my county has one who does all of the tri county area ,we also have a bag piper who plays amazing grace ,on my fb page their should be photos of that .

the firing squad ,taps and folding of the flag occur in that order ,the flag is folded as taps is played . usually done this way and at the end of the service .

now it will add meaning and understanding

Back