Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Will God forgive me for suicide?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jaada

I keep getting mixed answers on the internet about this and I understand it’s probably because we don’t know God’s mind.

Please can I hear anyone else’s thoughts?

Thank you.

I keep getting mixed answers on the internet about this and I understand it’s probably because we don’t know God’s mind.

Thank you.
God's thoughts are crystal clear on this.
The ten commandments says ' you shall not murder ' .
Suicide is self murder, so if you are considering suicide please seek help.
Life is a gift from God, it is not ours to end, please talk to your doctor or your minister about your suicidal thoughts.

I will not be discussing my thoughts when this seems to have a personal motivation behind it. We love you Jaada, and I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Many of us, myself included, suffer from some level of suicidal ideation at some point in our lives. For me, as recently as this past summer.

I came close to committing suicide at one time and like you I questioned this so I sought out my answers through what scripture said about taking our own life. Here is my study on suicide.

Those who contemplate suicide are caught up in three devastating feelings: hurt, abandonment and doubt as they feel no hope of the future. If they do not have a relationship with Christ through that of a Spiritual rebirth, John 3:3-7, then they are already destined to go to the lake of fire as their names are not found in the Lambs book of Life and will come under Gods judgement.

Many Christians who are weak in faith also contemplate suicide when things get unbearable in their life because they become consumed with their problems leaning on their own understandings instead of leaning on God whom is their help in times of trouble. This allows Satan who comes to kill, steal and destroy prey on them and steal what little faith they have.

The question is, even if they have weak faith do they still go to Hell if they commit suicide? I think it is possible because they lost all faith and hope in God therefore leaving themselves void of God in their life, which would cause them to be separated from God as they turn from that faith which is Christ Jesus. We also have Gods commandment thou shall not kill. God will forgive a murder who repents, but where is repentance if you are dead and can no longer ask for it. It repented (having regretted) Judas that he sold out for that of riches and even though he gave the money back he went and hung himself, Matthew 27:3-5, instead of asking Jesus to forgive him instead.

We also have heard that our sins are forgiven past, present and future for Christ paid the price for all sin even though we fall short at times, but grace keeps us in that of Gods righteousness which is found in us and God knows the intents of our hearts. If one ask for forgiveness before they sin are they forgiven? Answer to that in my perspective would be why would one sin willingly knowing they are going to sin. Grace does not give us a license to sin.

God is the life giver and in Him are we made in His image. Who has that right to take away what God has given.

Psalms 33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
Psalms 33:19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
Psalms 33:20 Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.
Psalms 33:21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.
Psalms 33:22 Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in

1Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Proverbs 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
Proverbs 3:2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
Proverbs 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
Proverbs 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Thank you.

What does God's word say? This is always the way to judge among the answers you'll get from folk. Not all answers are equal in their basis in Scripture and certainly not all of them are true. And so, the Christian's standard concerning right and wrong, moral and immoral, spiritually true and not, ought to be the objective, authoritative standard of God's word, the Bible, not an internet consensus.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Matthew 4:4
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Psalm 119:103-105
103 How sweet are your words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 Through your precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
105 Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

God is a God of Light and Life. Suicide is never God's way, therefore.

John 10:10
10 The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 1:1-4
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 14:6
6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life...

I’ve been suicidal. You know what bothers me even now over 15 years later? I was suicidal…

So I was given excessive involuntary electroshock. Psychiatry at its finest im afraid 😳.

God is Love. He also created all of us in His image. In Christ each Christians life is not her own. He is forgiving in ways no human beings can be towards each other.

He has answers that defy any worldly understanding. He makes a way where there doesn’t seem to be one.

I’m encouraging you to turn to Jesus Christ and His mercy and love. Take it from the dude who sustained massive brain damage from heavy involuntary shock…

His ways are higher than our ways…

And worldly solutions fail often. Please pray 🙏

Thank you.
My thoughts are that when one commits suicide because they do not like their life then no but IF one suffering from mental illness (say Schizophrenia), and they do this, God knows their brain has caused a disturbance of their ability to percieve reality correctly and will extend His grace due to that unbearable circumstance.

Thank you.
I think taking my own life would devastate my mom. If one of my cjildren did that, it would torment me for the rest of my life on earth.
Please don't even think about doing that Jaada because your life is a blessing to others, like the early disciples,

...we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life: 1Cor.1:8

If you're in despair because of the bullies you and your mom live with, God made laws to protect people and the police and court can help you,

for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Rom.13:4

Maybe God will use you and your mom to help other abused women.

What do you need to alleviate this feeling? Moving? Finances? Situation? What do we need to pray for? If you set up a type of Go Fund Me will it help? Praying for you. I attempted suicide once and had a gun in my mouth twice. I know true hope only lies with a relationship with Jesus. Please sing His praises and thank Him in your darkest hour.

God's thoughts are crystal clear on this.
The ten commandments says ' you shall not murder ' .
Suicide is self murder, so if you are considering suicide please seek help.
Life is a gift from God, it is not ours to end, please talk to your doctor or your minister about your suicidal thoughts.
I am awaiting an appointment but it’s very long. Despite trying to hold up, my home life isn’t making it easy for me at all-I think I need a change of environment but that’s close to impossible

What do you need to alleviate this feeling? Moving? Finances? Situation? What do we need to pray for? If you set up a type of Go Fund Me will it help? Praying for you. I attempted suicide once and had a gun in my mouth twice. I know true hope only lies with a relationship with Jesus. Please sing His praises and thank Him in your darkest hour.
My physical and mental health is a mess and so is my home life and environment which has financial and relationship troubles in which I’ve even been threatened -please I need prayers overall, thank you so much

I think taking my own life would devastate my mom. If one of my cjildren did that, it would torment me for the rest of my life on earth.
Please don't even think about doing that Jaada because your life is a blessing to others, like the early disciples,

...we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life: 1Cor.1:8

If you're in despair because of the bullies you and your mom live with, God made laws to protect people and the police and court can help you,

for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Rom.13:4

Maybe God will use you and your mom to help other abused women.
Thank you, I think only prayers can work. My mum loves her husband too much-he won’t get in trouble for anything so please just pray for me

My thoughts are that when one commits suicide because they do not like their life then no but IF one suffering from mental illness (say Schizophrenia), and they do this, God knows their brain has caused a disturbance of their ability to percieve reality correctly and will extend His grace due to that unbearable circumstance.
I am suffering depression and anxiety as well as physically in health-do you know whether there’s a limit on how logical the mind is? I am not sure whether depression makes me logical, thank you

Thank you.
No.
If you don't repent of sin, (or can't repent of sin), it won't be forgiven.

Are there not any suicide-hot-lines in the UK ?
They can provide guidance and answers to your problems

Hi Jaada:
I would first say that since it is uncertain if it can be forgiven or not, I would say not to take that risk.

But I do believe it can be forgiven.
But you are letting God down big time.
God has high hopes for you and by ending your life you are throwing it all away.
Don’t you want your story to be of overcoming and NOT of cutting short God’s plans.
God can make things better and reward you for all you have been through.
By being close to God, God will want you to ask what you want so He can fulfill the desires of your heart.

But with that being said, I like to believe God is an eternal God and gives eternal gifts. Romans 11:29

I believe if a chosen believer dies because of a sin they do but they don’t repent because they don’t have time to, they are still forgiven.

But that goes along with Once Saved Always Saved and also supported by Calvinism.

This question could be influenced by the question: Is life Arminianism or Calvinism?

Both Views have Scripture to Support each side, but there is no way to prove either side.

Same with Once Saved Always Saved: I believe in it but I cannot prove it.

So if you will NEVER Know on this side of the sun if suicide is forgivable, I would NEVER take the risk to end your own life.

Have a Blessed Night - J

I am awaiting an appointment but it’s very long. Despite trying to hold up, my home life isn’t making it easy for me at all-I think I need a change of environment but that’s close to impossible
You have several other options, talk to your minister in the church you attend.
Call Samaritans on 116 123 they will listen to you.
Then check out your areas mental health service, they will have a crisis line.
Finally you can tell God about your problems and difficulties.

Thank you.
Many theologians and religions adamantly have long dismissed any suggestion that the resurrection of the unrighteous may include those who commit suicide. As far as the ones who took their own lives, we cannot judge as to whether they will get a resurrection or not.

Life is a gift from God, not something to be abused or to end at one’s own hand. (James 1:17) Hence, the Scriptures encourage us to see ourselves, not as immortals, but as valuable creations of the God who loves us, who treasures our being alive, and who looks forward with joy to the time of the resurrection. (Job 14:14, 15) Jesus, having paid “a ransom in exchange for many,” is within his right to extend mercy, even to some self-murderers, by resurrecting them and giving them the precious opportunity to “repent and turn to God by doing works that befit repentance.”-Acts 26:20.

Granted, those who take their own lives deprive themselves of the opportunity to repent. But who can say whether one driven to suicide might have had a change of heart if the attempt failed? Some notorious murderers have, in fact, changed and earned God’s forgiveness during their lifetimes. (2 Kings 21:16; 2 Chronicles 33:12, 13) They, like us, will still need the “ransom” to lift ourselves to perfection; and, judgment will be determined by what we do after the resurrection is complete.-1 John 4:8-10.

While suicide is never righteous and may not be considered justified, it is comforting to remember that the future prospects of our loved ones rest with a God who fully understands that weaknesses and frailties such as mental illness, extreme stress, depression, and genetic defects could push one to such desperate action. He “well knows the formation of us, remembering that we are dust.” (Psalm 103:11-14) God alone searches “all hearts and every inclination of the thoughts.” (1 Chronicles 28:9) But we may be confident that “the Judge of all the earth is going to do what is loving, just, and right.”-Genesis 18:25.

The apostle Paul did hold out a beautiful hope for even some unrighteous ones. As he told a Roman court of law: “I have hope toward God…that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.”-Acts 24:15.

well, find out what your life is lacking and repent. go all the way
about a month ago god gave me what i needed to go on, im now happily engaged- she is everything i ever wanted, and even lusted for- and yet so much more than that.
otherwise i would have asked for a new life in about 4 months time. i would not have let myself go on for too long without having kids, and having kids at old age would simply curse my offspring with worse genetics, which i would think is very sinful and inconsiderate.
we were made to be fertile at a much younger age than people do reproduce nowadays- infact women are juggling between being barren and trying to have just a single child, meanwhile in the bible shortly after period women were then allowed to marry- and thus have sex- and become mothers. and just basic science replicates this logic that younger- to some extent - guarantees better success for the pregnancy but also the childs DNA

OP, i can only hope that what youre suffering from isnt being seperated from your children and having a wife that left you, because thats probably the worst a man can face

A case manager can can help you. Mental health services have case workers.
I lived with narcissist back in 2015 to 2018. It was toxic environment. I went through emotional and psychological abuse.
Case manager helped me move away. Google search your city. There are mental health centers with case manager. I was helped out bad situation.

Don't forget to repent sins to God and pray to Jesus for help.
You need spirtual life line.
Hebrews chapter 6:19. It's a unbreakable spirtual life line, reaching past all appearances right to very presence of God.
Ley Jesus be the pilot. Hope is the anchor. The world is completely messed up. Spirtualty bankrupt and morally bankrupt. They won't repent. They have no faith. Dont go their !!.

Psalm chapter 86. Pray to God with faith and repentance. Many people choose to leave Jesus out there life, and problems or depression drag them down.
Proverbs 18:10. The name of the Lord is a strong Tower, the righteous run to it and are safe.

Jesus can solve problems and deliver Christian people out situation. Faith and repentance is the key.
Psalm chapter 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Jesus is your spirtual life line !!.
Exodus chapter 20:13. Suicide is grave sin equivalent to murder.
Suicide is person taking thier own life.
I believe a person who commits suicide will face very angry God.
On judgement day. The person who committed suicide in the flesh. Will face Jesus on judgement day. Penalty is what Jesus decides on judgement day.

I'm servant of God. And Jesus is the judge. The final verdict belongs to Jesus on judgement day.

Jesus helped me out of real bad situation years ago. Jesus can help you sister.
Jesus is your life line . Be persistent praying for help and repent sins to God.

Meantime. Go to mental health services, who should have case worker's. A case worker can help you find another place and jobs.

I hope this helps you.

Back