Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] will it ever s-t-o-p???

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I got saved--and that by a miracle--just a tad over 5 years ago. I'm transformed now, inside and out. I went out for a nice, meandering drive, thinking and all that, and...as I rolled up to my parking spot in the front yard, I saw a visitor parked in a neighbor's yard. Ugh. I knew they'd let me know "how they FEEL ABOUT ME," etc. Anyway, I parked, got all my stuff together, and got out, walking towards the back door. Sho nuff...some lady yelled out sexual stuff (I -was- actively homosexual; I'm pursuing celibacy now) and laughed about my "Schizophrenia," and then...they've been yelling this out a lot lately...."congratulate Dr.(former shrink, the one who left me dead eyed @ age 20)."

hahaha. Yeah, its hilarious, isn't it? See, that 1st private, for profit hospital broke my spirit, left me dead eyed, refused to treat a near lethal Restoril OD (old school, addictive sleeping pill...more effective than Ambien, toxic in overdose). I was left soaked in my own urine, and then...then they went out of their way to break me, because my parents would not let them put me in a homeless shelter. Oh, and...apparently, they also did involuntary shock "Treatments," and then said I was "malingering," "out of control," etc. Cuz...you know...destroying people is what "good psychiatrists" do best, apparently.

I love Jesus. Jesus loves me. I love my parents. My parents love me. I am now tall enough, remarkably healthy, bright eyed. I even have good skin. I'm not saying I've stumbled upon the fountain of youth, but...I've been made healthy enough to have it show thru in my skin. Sounds vain, but I was sickly as a kid, worse as a teenager, and then...whoa. Dying by 23. Fun times. Oh, and...I was, once, balding...very, very balding, probably irreversible (scalp problems, hair pulling from agitation, questionable nutrition, peroxide, stress...), and now I have very thick hair. Again; sounds vain, but...it is nice, very...very nice. Nice touch :) .

I don't think I'm "Schizophrenic," honestly. I had problems, got drugged, labeled, destroyed, blame for all of it...now I"m a different person, healthy, smart...so I"m labeled "Schizophrenic," and everyone finds it ---hilarious---, as in "haha! we broke the f@***t!" and "haha! he ain't a man; he's just a MENTAL PATIENT!" and "yeah, that's Ted's lil F(you get the idea..)."

God is good. I've got remarkable amounts of good in me, thanks to Christ...I"m walking more and more on the side of light, Praise God! My parents are kind to me, and I"m increasingly kind to them, too. And yet...

is there a way outta here? I briefly worked in a factory in another state. My parents rented me a decent, no frills, but safe apt. in a complex. I had to leave the factory, leave the apt. and head back home, cuz -somehow- all kindsa stuff about me (much of it lies, which is apparently the case for many "mental patients" information) made its way over to my new zipcode. :-(

More than once, people have yelled out "they'll find you WHEREVER YOU GO!" and "shoulda gotten a sex change" and "they took his manhood." Now...

I pray for freedom, in this life. Seriously. I don't even think I"m "Bipolar I," whatever that really means, if it really means anything. I'm also not a unicorn or a leprechaun. See where I'm going with this?

Ugh. I know I sinned, mightily. To my credit, at age 20, I sustained so much brain damage from that hospital and their "Treatment" that a brain scan showed..wow; "You should be a vegetable!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So, I was an easy target. And somehow...somehow...it is all a) my fault and b) incredibly, ubelievably, hilarious. Non-stop laughter, brought to you by psychiatry.

I'm not giving up hope or faith, and I am getting better about moving on, getting along with things, but...whoa there. Do you think there's a witness protection program for "mental patients" ? LOL. I could do with a new identity and a far off community.

Thanks for reading, as always. And thanks for letting me vent a bit, ramble a bit, and...put it together. "Wise as serpents, innocent as doves." Darned if you, darned if you don't. "Don't know his PLACE IN SOCIETY!"

I ask that you pray God's perfect will for my parents and me, our lives. I've been washed and made clean, transformed from the inside out. God spared me; now I belong to Him, thank goodness. I -do- matter, afterall.

Thanks. :)

I got saved--and that by a miracle--just a tad over 5 years ago. I'm transformed now, inside and out. I went out for a nice, meandering drive, thinking and all that, and...as I rolled up to my parking spot in the front yard, I saw a visitor parked in a neighbor's yard. Ugh. I knew they'd let me know "how they FEEL ABOUT ME," etc. Anyway, I parked, got all my stuff together, and got out, walking towards the back door. Sho nuff...some lady yelled out sexual stuff (I -was- actively homosexual; I'm pursuing celibacy now) and laughed about my "Schizophrenia," and then...they've been yelling this out a lot lately...."congratulate Dr.(former shrink, the one who left me dead eyed @ age 20)."

hahaha. Yeah, its hilarious, isn't it? See, that 1st private, for profit hospital broke my spirit, left me dead eyed, refused to treat a near lethal Restoril OD (old school, addictive sleeping pill...more effective than Ambien, toxic in overdose). I was left soaked in my own urine, and then...then they went out of their way to break me, because my parents would not let them put me in a homeless shelter. Oh, and...apparently, they also did involuntary shock "Treatments," and then said I was "malingering," "out of control," etc. Cuz...you know...destroying people is what "good psychiatrists" do best, apparently.

I love Jesus. Jesus loves me. I love my parents. My parents love me. I am now tall enough, remarkably healthy, bright eyed. I even have good skin. I'm not saying I've stumbled upon the fountain of youth, but...I've been made healthy enough to have it show thru in my skin. Sounds vain, but I was sickly as a kid, worse as a teenager, and then...whoa. Dying by 23. Fun times. Oh, and...I was, once, balding...very, very balding, probably irreversible (scalp problems, hair pulling from agitation, questionable nutrition, peroxide, stress...), and now I have very thick hair. Again; sounds vain, but...it is nice, very...very nice. Nice touch :) .

I don't think I'm "Schizophrenic," honestly. I had problems, got drugged, labeled, destroyed, blame for all of it...now I"m a different person, healthy, smart...so I"m labeled "Schizophrenic," and everyone finds it ---hilarious---, as in "haha! we broke the f@***t!" and "haha! he ain't a man; he's just a MENTAL PATIENT!" and "yeah, that's Ted's lil F(you get the idea..)."

God is good. I've got remarkable amounts of good in me, thanks to Christ...I"m walking more and more on the side of light, Praise God! My parents are kind to me, and I"m increasingly kind to them, too. And yet...

is there a way outta here? I briefly worked in a factory in another state. My parents rented me a decent, no frills, but safe apt. in a complex. I had to leave the factory, leave the apt. and head back home, cuz -somehow- all kindsa stuff about me (much of it lies, which is apparently the case for many "mental patients" information) made its way over to my new zipcode. :-(

More than once, people have yelled out "they'll find you WHEREVER YOU GO!" and "shoulda gotten a sex change" and "they took his manhood." Now...

I pray for freedom, in this life. Seriously. I don't even think I"m "Bipolar I," whatever that really means, if it really means anything. I'm also not a unicorn or a leprechaun. See where I'm going with this?

Ugh. I know I sinned, mightily. To my credit, at age 20, I sustained so much brain damage from that hospital and their "Treatment" that a brain scan showed..wow; "You should be a vegetable!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So, I was an easy target. And somehow...somehow...it is all a) my fault and b) incredibly, ubelievably, hilarious. Non-stop laughter, brought to you by psychiatry.

I'm not giving up hope or faith, and I am getting better about moving on, getting along with things, but...whoa there. Do you think there's a witness protection program for "mental patients" ? LOL. I could do with a new identity and a far off community.

Thanks for reading, as always. And thanks for letting me vent a bit, ramble a bit, and...put it together. "Wise as serpents, innocent as doves." Darned if you, darned if you don't. "Don't know his PLACE IN SOCIETY!"

I ask that you pray God's perfect will for my parents and me, our lives. I've been washed and made clean, transformed from the inside out. God spared me; now I belong to Him, thank goodness. I -do- matter, afterall.

Dear Father in Heaven - please intervene in this situation and provide the safety - peace - vindication - quietness my dear friend needs - in Jesus' name i declare via Isaiah 54:17 that no weapon formed against my dear friend will prosper - and every tongue that rises up against my dear friend will be silenced and condemned - in Jesus wonderful name i thank You dear Father for surrounding my dear friend with blessing - favor - hope - provision - goodness - strength - love - goodness - that all evil will flee as Your presence increasingly overshadows and hides my dear friend in the shadow of Your stronghold/wing - please send Your holy angels to minister to all my dear friend's needs - in Jesus' most awesome name - Amen - Psalms 91:1-16 - Psalms 5:12 - Exodus 14:13-14 - Psalms 23:1-6

giphy.gif

Hello CE I'd like to ask you a serious question.

I am also being transformed inside and out, but not by Jesus. By the fact that I accept my mental illness, and I'm doing something actively about it.

I walked the line with Jesus for a very long time, and I was never transformed while I believed in him. So we have one mentally ill person recovering without Jesus, and one with.

Something does not add up here, I shouldn't be recovering at all without the help of a higher power. So why do you think this is the case?

hi. if mental illness is real, and the treatments are effective, then maybe God is working thru those modern means to get you better so one day you will draw nigh unto Him. Or maybe its...what's the term..."common grace" ? The sun shines and the rain pours on good and bad alike. The pills are available, the experts are there...its His world, so He's extended some grace to you, too.

That's my take on it. And that's assuming mental illness is a valid entity, and not just some pseudoscience shrinks make up to control people.

I am also being transformed inside and out, but not by Jesus. By the fact that I accept my mental illness, and I'm doing something actively about it.

I walked the line with Jesus for a very long time, and I was never transformed while I believed in him. So we have one mentally ill person recovering without Jesus, and one with.

Something does not add up here, I shouldn't be recovering at all without the help of a higher power. So why do you think this is the case?
it could be due to what you believe(d) about sin

WITHOUT JESUS - some people WITH Jesus are so devastated by the wrong idea that God is inconsolably angry with them and their sin - so when they leave Jesus and the condemnation of sin behind they recover

WITH JESUS - usually people with Jesus who DO recover are the ones KNOW that their sins were washed away by Jesus' work on the cross

the common denominator is leaving the condemnation of sin behind

God can help without you asking. Sometimes it is the Holy Spirit drawing you to a place where He can reach you. God knows us better than we know ourselves. He loves everyone and can work on us without us knowing until a later date.

Hi CE :wave2
Yes you do matter very much so. Jesus the Son of God died for you. That is the greatest love you could ever have

God can help without you asking. Sometimes it is the Holy Spirit drawing you to a place where He can reach you. God knows us better than we know ourselves. He loves everyone and can work on us without us knowing until a later date.
Your Jesus had over 20 year's to fix my mental illness (While I was a believer) I only managed to improve after I walked away from God.

However in the case of CE his God can cure him instantaneously, but this not the case. In fact he still has his mental illness, and is not completely whole.

Your Jesus had over 20 year's to fix my mental illness (While I was a believer) I only managed to improve after I walked away from God.

However in the case of CE his God can cure him instantaneously, but this not the case. In fact he still has his mental illness, and is not completely whole.

Nextus are you feeling angry at God? My daughter has suffered with acute paranoid scizophrenia for over 25 years. She also has depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Being a believer doesn't give us a smooth life we suffer like anyone else, sometimes more. But with grace, love and peace in your heart you can get by.

I pray you will find that love and peace and feel wholly blessed.

Those people that hurt you are gonna have to answer for that. You'll have the last laugh. This what I think about when people have hurt me in anyway shape or form.

me (again).

I doubt I will ever become a member of this community. Before I got saved and then The Lord transformed me, I could be (barely...) tolerated, as long as I "played by the rules," and the "rules" were set mostly by "mental health professionals." And now...

ugh. I'm blessed beyond measure, no doubt, its just...well, its like this: once one has been labeled w/ "Schizophrenia," especially people like me ("trouble makers"), the label is permanent. Even if tomorrow, I woke up and could just go off the tranquilizer, I'd still be "Schizophrenic," because its not really a diagnosis.

See, in -real- medicine, you are not your diagnosis. When's the last time you hard someone say "I am Lung Cancer" or "I am diabetes," or even "oh, that dude...he's an allergy patient" ? In Mental Health, Inc. you -are- your diagnosis, and the more severe the diagnosis, the more stigma applied, the more brain damage from "treatment," and the less likely one will be able to exit the patient role.

Plus...get 2 shrinks, get 3 opinions (and lots of bills, of course). -ugh-

God's work in my life is nothing short of a miracle, to me. My parents and I Have reconciled, I'm healthy, bright eyed, surprisingly intelligent, even...gasp..."normal" (social skills, more masculine, etc.). Even this "mental patient" bizness is easier to deal with, in my situation. I receive disability, I live w/ my loving, kind, long suffering parents, and...aside from occasional trips to the clinic, I don't deal with "treatment" very much. And yet...

my label is "mental patient," and that's what I"m stuck with, in the community. Its hard to get a job, anyway; factor in "Schizophrenia," and...yeah, good luck. Plus, it a "Right to work" state. Push comes to shove, most jobs can fire their employees for any reason, or no reason, whatsoever. So, if I somehow got a job, lost disability, job people could decide "You know what? I don't think I want that 'Schizophrenic' workin' here. He rubs me the wrong way," and that would be the end of that. Boom. Buh bye.

Thing is, it isn't just around here, is it? If I move away, I'll be on my own, low status, and in a lot of places...well, they still have huge state hospitals in a lot of places, and I'm not eager to go into one of those places.

Ugh. I get frustrated with this, that's all. And I'm beginning to wonder if there really is such a thing as "mental illness." I mean...people have always gone crazy, no lie, but think about it...pumping troubled people full of talk and pills...is anybody really getting that much better? Maybe some of us just can't deal with "the real world" as well as most people. Not necessarily a flaw or anything, just....some people can't keep up. I read that in Italy, if you've got mental problems, the gov't would give a farm family money to take you in and have you live there. Makes a lot of sense, to me.

Rambling. I'm blessed, beyond measure. I just...probably will not end up with a "normal life," not the way most people gauge "normal." And the taunts, the stigma, the cruelty...that's just part of life, isn't it? More for some people than for others, of course. Fallen world, "life isn't fair sometimes," etc.

ugh. Thanks for your prayers+support. :)

me (again).

I doubt I will ever become a member of this community. Before I got saved and then The Lord transformed me, I could be (barely...) tolerated, as long as I "played by the rules," and the "rules" were set mostly by "mental health professionals." And now...

ugh. I'm blessed beyond measure, no doubt, its just...well, its like this: once one has been labeled w/ "Schizophrenia," especially people like me ("trouble makers"), the label is permanent. Even if tomorrow, I woke up and could just go off the tranquilizer, I'd still be "Schizophrenic," because its not really a diagnosis.

See, in -real- medicine, you are not your diagnosis. When's the last time you hard someone say "I am Lung Cancer" or "I am diabetes," or even "oh, that dude...he's an allergy patient" ? In Mental Health, Inc. you -are- your diagnosis, and the more severe the diagnosis, the more stigma applied, the more brain damage from "treatment," and the less likely one will be able to exit the patient role.

Plus...get 2 shrinks, get 3 opinions (and lots of bills, of course). -ugh-

God's work in my life is nothing short of a miracle, to me. My parents and I Have reconciled, I'm healthy, bright eyed, surprisingly intelligent, even...gasp..."normal" (social skills, more masculine, etc.). Even this "mental patient" bizness is easier to deal with, in my situation. I receive disability, I live w/ my loving, kind, long suffering parents, and...aside from occasional trips to the clinic, I don't deal with "treatment" very much. And yet...

my label is "mental patient," and that's what I"m stuck with, in the community. Its hard to get a job, anyway; factor in "Schizophrenia," and...yeah, good luck. Plus, it a "Right to work" state. Push comes to shove, most jobs can fire their employees for any reason, or no reason, whatsoever. So, if I somehow got a job, lost disability, job people could decide "You know what? I don't think I want that 'Schizophrenic' workin' here. He rubs me the wrong way," and that would be the end of that. Boom. Buh bye.

Thing is, it isn't just around here, is it? If I move away, I'll be on my own, low status, and in a lot of places...well, they still have huge state hospitals in a lot of places, and I'm not eager to go into one of those places.

Ugh. I get frustrated with this, that's all. And I'm beginning to wonder if there really is such a thing as "mental illness." I mean...people have always gone crazy, no lie, but think about it...pumping troubled people full of talk and pills...is anybody really getting that much better? Maybe some of us just can't deal with "the real world" as well as most people. Not necessarily a flaw or anything, just....some people can't keep up. I read that in Italy, if you've got mental problems, the gov't would give a farm family money to take you in and have you live there. Makes a lot of sense, to me.

Rambling. I'm blessed, beyond measure. I just...probably will not end up with a "normal life," not the way most people gauge "normal." And the taunts, the stigma, the cruelty...that's just part of life, isn't it? More for some people than for others, of course. Fallen world, "life isn't fair sometimes," etc.

ugh. Thanks for your prayers+support. :)
what is normal? - so many people hide so much of themselves - what you see is not always what is true/real

you my dear friend are very real and up front

that is very refreshing and inspiring

you are a walking miracle - much better imo than "normal"

God is using you to bless others - that is much better than "normal"

you fit into this community - we love you and support you

praying for you to be blessed and favored in all areas of your life

God bless you dear friend - thank you for being a valuable contributor here - you are a blessing

:) Thank you both.

Another good day, here at home. A long drive, coffee, mama and daddy went out to the local bar+grill and brought me back a nice meal. I've noticed...now that The Lord has spared, saved, and changed me, I (thankfully...) don't need BIG things, not nearly as much. These days, I notice when mama goes grocery shopping and comes back with some things I like (flavored coffee creamer, mixed nuts, a favorite fruit), and I"m much more genuinely appreciative. True story. And...of course...its God's work in my life, not: "good" therapy, "the right meds," blah blah blah.

I can tell I'm a Christian because worldly solutions don't appeal as much to me, not now. "Conservative," "liberal," "progressive," psychiatry, antipsychiatry...blah blah blah. Yeah, I mean...I still lean (very...) left on a lot of things, but I'm not placing my hope in any worldly philosophy or secular ideology, not nearly as much. And again; that's God's work in my life, nothing I've ever done.

Dad's going to keep working longer than I thought. I mean, not a huge deal; he's got a good job, he's well-respected, and his job isn't nearly as toxic and political and mama's was, and...honestly, I"m kinda glad. Here's the thing about my situation as a "mental patient;" my parents aren't rich, but they've "moved up in the world," its basically the end point of "upwardly mobile, white-collar professionals." I"m thankful for The Lord's work in their lives, too, of course. And...

dad's job is somewhat high profile. I mean, not CNN Headline News high profile, but he and the people on his team go out to town meetings, local churches, their names make the paper now and then, etc. And so...w/o my parents' and their (fairly recent) high(er) status and such, there's no telling what the mental health people would be doing to me right now. I don't want to make all the people of Mental Health, Inc. out to be monsters (although...there are plenty of bad apples in that field, trust me...), nor do I want to sound snobby and such, its just...it really, really helps to come from a "good family," especially in my situation.

Rambling. He enjoys his job, he's healthy, and...his position helps provide a buffer for me, as a "Schizophrenic, from a good family." I'm thankful, of course. So, with him staying on for 4, 5+/- more years, that kind of gives me a timeline, a framework, in which to put (first develop, of course) some goals and such. Basically, I've got to formulate a 5 year plan. I don't think the people at the clinic will jump at the chance to commit me once dad retires, but...my life would be a lot better if I could find a way to bring in some income, and then when he retires, I won't have to depend on his status as protection, at least...not as much.

Alright. :) Thanks again. The prayers, the Scripture, the support...awesome. And thinks for giving me space in which to think/type "out loud." Helps a lot.

:) Thank you both.

Another good day, here at home. A long drive, coffee, mama and daddy went out to the local bar+grill and brought me back a nice meal. I've noticed...now that The Lord has spared, saved, and changed me, I (thankfully...) don't need BIG things, not nearly as much. These days, I notice when mama goes grocery shopping and comes back with some things I like (flavored coffee creamer, mixed nuts, a favorite fruit), and I"m much more genuinely appreciative. True story. And...of course...its God's work in my life, not: "good" therapy, "the right meds," blah blah blah.

I can tell I'm a Christian because worldly solutions don't appeal as much to me, not now. "Conservative," "liberal," "progressive," psychiatry, antipsychiatry...blah blah blah. Yeah, I mean...I still lean (very...) left on a lot of things, but I'm not placing my hope in any worldly philosophy or secular ideology, not nearly as much. And again; that's God's work in my life, nothing I've ever done.

Dad's going to keep working longer than I thought. I mean, not a huge deal; he's got a good job, he's well-respected, and his job isn't nearly as toxic and political and mama's was, and...honestly, I"m kinda glad. Here's the thing about my situation as a "mental patient;" my parents aren't rich, but they've "moved up in the world," its basically the end point of "upwardly mobile, white-collar professionals." I"m thankful for The Lord's work in their lives, too, of course. And...

dad's job is somewhat high profile. I mean, not CNN Headline News high profile, but he and the people on his team go out to town meetings, local churches, their names make the paper now and then, etc. And so...w/o my parents' and their (fairly recent) high(er) status and such, there's no telling what the mental health people would be doing to me right now. I don't want to make all the people of Mental Health, Inc. out to be monsters (although...there are plenty of bad apples in that field, trust me...), nor do I want to sound snobby and such, its just...it really, really helps to come from a "good family," especially in my situation.

Rambling. He enjoys his job, he's healthy, and...his position helps provide a buffer for me, as a "Schizophrenic, from a good family." I'm thankful, of course. So, with him staying on for 4, 5+/- more years, that kind of gives me a timeline, a framework, in which to put (first develop, of course) some goals and such. Basically, I've got to formulate a 5 year plan. I don't think the people at the clinic will jump at the chance to commit me once dad retires, but...my life would be a lot better if I could find a way to bring in some income, and then when he retires, I won't have to depend on his status as protection, at least...not as much.

Alright. :) Thanks again. The prayers, the Scripture, the support...awesome. And thinks for giving me space in which to think/type "out loud." Helps a lot.
amen - praying in support of all these awesome facts and goals

:) Thanks.

maybe I will just...write. see about publishing. I know I post about my "high(er) IQ" estimate, but its not bragging. I was called a "low IQ weakling," and now I have the higher IQ...I don't know just what IQ measures, but I do -write- better.

Maybe writing Christian fiction or something would be a good way to go? It'd help me grow, spiritually, and maybe bring in some $$$, eventually. Plus, if people actually bought the book(s), then that might bless them, too.

Anyway...thanks again. :)

:) Thanks.

maybe I will just...write. see about publishing. I know I post about my "high(er) IQ" estimate, but its not bragging. I was called a "low IQ weakling," and now I have the higher IQ...I don't know just what IQ measures, but I do -write- better.

Maybe writing Christian fiction or something would be a good way to go? It'd help me grow, spiritually, and maybe bring in some $$$, eventually. Plus, if people actually bought the book(s), then that might bless them, too.

Anyway...thanks again. :)
sounds like a great idea - praying for God to lead you easily into the best options for you

praise God regarding the higher iq - that is so awesome

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back